June 22, 2024, 05:54:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473626 times)
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 11:12:34 PM

Team rank 200  Wink Next step Top 10  Grin
Its great isnt it Smiley we also only need to add 0.8 million credits per day to be in the top 10 fastest teams, we are sitting at 12 right now

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
John776

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:47:32 AM

Dev, any luck with the Meetup emails that have been sent out?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:03:40 AM

Dev, any luck with the Meetup emails that have been sent out?
Yes actually Smiley we have 3 scheduled skype meetings, 2 pending meetings, and 1 no. The 2 pending meetings show high interest we just havent scheduled it yet. Also i will be advocating this at my meetup on Oct 2 when we meet again.

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
John776

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:21:24 AM

Right on, i look forward to seeing if you guys can pull off getting them to join in. You should be able to comvince your meetup easily though right?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:35:27 AM

Right on, i look forward to seeing if you guys can pull off getting them to join in. You should be able to comvince your meetup easily though right?

Shouldnt be to hard, they like me overthere Smiley Also we have a big time miner that goes to those meetings, i hope i can get him to join us in folding

deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:52:06 AM

So i deleted the WU...a day of science was wasted for me
deleted the WU so science won't get stuck Smiley
That has happened to me before as well, just restarting the computer fixed it for me but i have heard of people needing to delete it. I dont know if its related, but i discovered something just yesterday that i will share with you:

Unlike altcoin mining where the CPU didnt matter, with folding apparently it does. You need at least one CPU core per each GPU on your PC. So if your like me you have a bunch of crappy CPUs because im a left over miner. So what i did was delete the CPU from folding on all my terminals (they only got me 800 PPD anyways) and moved some cards around to where i have 1 CPU core per GPU and it looks like my production has gone up about %50 overall.

Does anyone else have multi GPU setups with low CPUs?
I have multi GPU setups with low CPU and everythink is working Wink

If you have 99.9% error, you should only restart FoldingCoin application.
Check it out though,

I have one rig that has a Athlon II x2 with 2 r9 290x's and 1 r7 250. Before removing the r7 and stopping folding on the cpu, my stats where as follows:

athlon II - 800 PPD
r7 250 - 5,000 PPD
r9 290x 1 - 40,000 PPD
r9 290x 2 - 133,000 PPD

After i removed CPU from folding and moved the r7 i got this:

r9 290x 1 - 176,000 PPD
r9 290x 2 - 180,000 PPD

After some time you will get better work to do. Try tu give client-type advanced.
I had similar problem. During first 2 days on one miner I had only 20k on 2x 7950. After that hashrate rise to 240k Wink

Nitmeare

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:45:49 PM

This is one of the very few coins wich is 100% secure against any ASIC. Got a small profit by mining on CPU/GPU during the last month !
Seems a good choice for average people who are interested in mining without the need of investing thousands of Dollars in special highend hardware as FLDC "mining" runs even on older hardware quite ok.

Hope we will get it to more exchanges so it will become more profitable than it is now Wink
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:58:45 PM

So i deleted the WU...a day of science was wasted for me
deleted the WU so science won't get stuck Smiley
That has happened to me before as well, just restarting the computer fixed it for me but i have heard of people needing to delete it. I dont know if its related, but i discovered something just yesterday that i will share with you:

Unlike altcoin mining where the CPU didnt matter, with folding apparently it does. You need at least one CPU core per each GPU on your PC. So if your like me you have a bunch of crappy CPUs because im a left over miner. So what i did was delete the CPU from folding on all my terminals (they only got me 800 PPD anyways) and moved some cards around to where i have 1 CPU core per GPU and it looks like my production has gone up about %50 overall.

Does anyone else have multi GPU setups with low CPUs?
I have multi GPU setups with low CPU and everythink is working Wink

If you have 99.9% error, you should only restart FoldingCoin application.
Check it out though,

I have one rig that has a Athlon II x2 with 2 r9 290x's and 1 r7 250. Before removing the r7 and stopping folding on the cpu, my stats where as follows:

athlon II - 800 PPD
r7 250 - 5,000 PPD
r9 290x 1 - 40,000 PPD
r9 290x 2 - 133,000 PPD

After i removed CPU from folding and moved the r7 i got this:

r9 290x 1 - 176,000 PPD
r9 290x 2 - 180,000 PPD

After some time you will get better work to do. Try tu give client-type advanced.
I had similar problem. During first 2 days on one miner I had only 20k on 2x 7950. After that hashrate rise to 240k Wink
It looks like it, the r9 290x have raised to 198K PPD each!

After changing all the GPUs to have 1 GPU per CPU core and deleting the CPUs from folding, i have gone from 500K PPD to almost 900K PPD in my entire operation. I highly recomend everyone do this.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:05:00 PM

This is one of the very few coins wich is 100% secure against any ASIC. Got a small profit by mining on CPU/GPU during the last month !
Seems a good choice for average people who are interested in mining without the need of investing thousands of Dollars in special highend hardware as FLDC "mining" runs even on older hardware quite ok.

Hope we will get it to more exchanges so it will become more profitable than it is now Wink
That would be the goal, to have not only big time miners, but a bunch of small CPU miners to make it seem like the good old days of bitcoin. And the thing is, if its only on one computer, its not really bothersome to run since its in the background, unlike CGminer which you have to pause.

And we are working on getting to more exchanges, that is a top goal. But we really wont to make it valuable like LTBcoin in some other way other than just "pump and dump." Obviously we advocate that this will be used as a Meetup coin but we have other ideas in the mix as well. Giving it value to hold rather than sell, and buy rather than sell can make it go to the moon.

In the future we will have a marketplace for this coin as well, but that is probably out till next year, just giving a sneak peek Smiley

Also everyone who is folding please check out our private forums at http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/board/foldingcoin-general
You must sign up for the LTB network but it is so worth it as the are great over there. A good setup guide can be found here http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/easy-step-by-step-guide-to-get-set-up-to-receive-ltbcoins

These forums can only be viewed by those that hold FLDC. We also have released our voting strategy that will be released Nov 1 and you can read about it here http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/fldc-voting-system

deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:02:03 AM

Wow! Awesome hashrate! Position 195  Smiley

ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:34:12 AM

These forums can only be viewed by those that hold FLDC.

Why is that ?  Why not, in spirit of transparency, at least read-access for everyone, posting could be ok with FLDC only.

Just my ¥2
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:34:23 AM

i'm so jealous  at the early adopters of this project...
i could be if i didn't have so many troubles, and then too busy with work

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:34:52 AM

Why is that ?  Why not, in spirit of transparency, at least read-access for everyone, posting could be ok with FLDC only.

Just my ¥2

maybe you can fold some Smiley and see forum
I don't know how many FLDC a day an average CPU can bring

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:57:59 AM

Just my ¥2
The devs will still stay very active on the public forums as well. But we intend for the ptivate forums to be mostly about the direction the coin is heading in. We have segments such as voting where holders will be able to decide changes made in the coin. We want this to be exclusive to those that hold the coin so we dont get trolls and/or non-supporters of the coin putting non sense on there.

Since the coin requires basically no development, but rather decisions, we want everyone who has a share to be a voice. We can accomplish this by only allowing those who have the coin have a place where they can get together. you only need 1 FLDC to get it and our average payout has been 0.07 FLDC per FAH recently, and a bad CPU does about 800 FAH credits a day. So you really only need to fold a day to be involved

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:01:09 PM

i'm so jealous  at the early adopters of this project...
i could be if i didn't have so many troubles, and then too busy with work
Buy some at https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=xcpfldc they are super cheap right now and someone will appreciate you supporting them fold. Also its never to late to come onboard, thats the beautiful thing about this coin, any computer can do it just like in the BTC good old days. And the outcome of what your doing is worth the electricity in my opinion, even if you dont turn a profit only using 1 cpu.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:40:01 PM

yes i am, with my good old 7970
i am folding in the past few days nonstop, its great using the hardware for science, and get asset for it
to buy and become millionaire is too expensive for me Smiley
but i will fold and support this nice project with my hardware. better late then never...

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:55:03 PM

i am folding in the past few days nonstop, its great using the hardware for science, and get asset for it
but i will fold and support this nice project with my hardware. better late then never...
Great to hear Smiley let me know if there is anything I can do along the way to help you

Cryptocreek

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 07:40:21 PM

I see a lot of new miners  Grin It's very good for FLDC
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:37:40 AM

I see a lot of new miners  Grin It's very good for FLDC
I know! i think we will do 9 million today if my calculations are correct, at least 8 million though. I will announce a little early that we have our first Meetup group becoming an official FLDC meetup group! He will be going to his meetup to discuss how they want to use the coin but this is a huge victory for foldingcoin! We will post on our website what group it is and the details behind it once everything is finalized. We also have 7 scheduled meetings with organizers over the next two weeks.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:53:53 AM

BTW, i love your quote *mine for science, not hashes* We are using that as our twitter bounty coming up. Im sending you FLDC for a great line, cheers Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: