June 26, 2024, 04:33:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473627 times)
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:30:55 AM

is it possible to download a few WUs in advance and to have a big queue ?
I want to shut down my Internet today and don't want folding to stop.

i want to find the cure already !!
imagine if all GPU miners will fold..... could we find a cure quick ?
get a cure quick scheme Smiley

Not possible to queue WU, at least I don't know a supported / standard way
ChristianVirtual

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:33:14 AM

imagine if all GPU miners will fold..... could we find a cure quick ?
get a cure quick scheme Smiley

It would help, but keep in mind FAH mainly focus on basic research. Bringing a drug to market and patients takes much more after the basic research.

That said: keep folding !
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:17:29 AM

I have been researching the credit issue a lot and i am very confused. If you look at the teams that have been at the top like FLDC, EVGA, Curecoin, Russia, our points are absolutely plummeting.

Some are suffering more than others, I think the teams that based on CPU folders are fine, not much credit variance, but the teams that are designed around GPU folders seem to be tanking HARD!

The guys at Stanford told me everything should be back to normal soon but im not sure it will fix itself. Im going to pull apart my operation tonight and figure out whats going on.

Please everyone post here with thoughts/solutions here http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/folding-points-variance, this thread is important right now Smiley

Also sorry havent been as active, work has been slammed these past two days. I will respond to all posts tonight and pay all bounties

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
ChristianVirtual

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:39:52 AM

Some are suffering more than others, I think the teams that based on CPU folders are fine, not much credit variance, but the teams that are designed around GPU folders seem to be tanking HARD!

Yup, mostly. Reason: CPU still include the BA-style of WU which were not that much impacted. Main issue was that for GPU based system the assignment server handed out lots "old" core 15 (nV) and core 16 (AMD) instead of the desired core 17 and 18. People  don't like those because no quick return bonus and less PPD.

Plus the modern cards/driver seems to have trouble with the older cores. As a rough summary.

Patience ... And as soon we fold away all old cores they will not come back.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 07:13:46 PM

Yup, mostly. Reason: CPU still include the BA-style of WU which were not that much impacted. Main issue was that for GPU based system the assignment server handed out lots "old" core 15 (nV) and core 16 (AMD) instead of the desired core 17 and 18. People  don't like those because no quick return bonus and less PPD.

Plus the modern cards/driver seems to have trouble with the older cores. As a rough summary.

First off, sorry to everyone about me being a ghost for the past 2 days, work got in the way big time!

And Cristian- That sounds like it would be correct, as we are still getting old WU. Do you by chance have alink you can share about this as I have been pulling out my hair trying to find something

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
kerbos5

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:22:40 PM

Did anybody elses 750ti take a dump in the last 24 hours and error out or is it just mine?
FBSoulMan

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:51:22 AM

Thanks for the great write up weex, you explained our project very well!
kerbos5

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:20:12 PM

Thank you FBSoulMan. I'm happy to contribute. The team is ranked 174 according to http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/teamstats/team226728.html.

How does that compare to some point in the past? Any idea how that compares to folks who are folding for FLDC but aren't in the team?

When I started 2 months ago, the team was at 387....so that should give you and Idea how fast we are accelerating, this past week has hurt us with all the complications that have been going on with F@H.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:06:57 AM

Just received more notifications from stanford directly, they are still having issues and hopefully will be resolved soon. Some teams are suffering bad while others are actually skyrocketing

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:58:28 PM

FAH just finished doing its maintenance on the WU uploading and credits are once again uploading to the FAH server. Hopefully this fixed all the credit issues that have been going on.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 01:02:14 AM

Here's an easy guide to get started if you have no Counterwallet and never folded before.

http://davidsterry.com/blog/2014/10/easy-guide-to-earn-foldingcoin/

Thank you Weex! you have gotten our first referral. Everybody welcome 1BNdRuQqGZbVdrG9eqkqAZCzzAr7p6ia7x to the fold!

uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:08:19 AM

i have over 72 GPUs sitting idle, i would love to use it for folding and earn FLDC, but running those GPUs isn't that cheap, so whats the purpose of FLDC if it doesn't have value, we can't sell it to btc so i can't pay for electricity costs, and holding FLDC doesn't even earn dividend payment

it would be great if folding or any scienitific calculation process is profitable, researcher should pay miner for their computing power so if researcher earn financial benefit from their research they should pay dividend to miners
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 10:20:35 AM

actually too profitable at the moment. (not big volume but still)
I made today almost 30k FLDC with 2 * 280X
there is (at the time of writing) a buy order in masterxchange for 57 satoshis.
its more than 0.016 BTC in one day...

so very profitable for a relatively small miner like me

i have over 72 GPUs sitting idle, i would love to use it for folding and earn FLDC, but running those GPUs isn't that cheap, so whats the purpose of FLDC if it doesn't have value, we can't sell it to btc so i can't pay for electricity costs, and holding FLDC doesn't even earn dividend payment

it would be great if folding or any scienitific calculation process is profitable, researcher should pay miner for their computing power so if researcher earn financial benefit from their research they should pay dividend to miners

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 05:14:10 PM

We would love to have you as part of the team, that would be a great increase in our credits per day Smiley I understand that it costs electricity, we are currently working hard to make an economy around FoldingCoin. Currently we are advocating its use as a Meetup.com currency and it is going pretty well. We also are working on making this an in game currency for video games. The benifit there is when folders are not playing their video games, they could be earning tokens for their game while they are not playing. This is a work in progress though. Many cryptocoins do not have value in their early stages, and many of them never get the volume, but you can sell them at https://masterxchange.com/market.php?currency=xcpfldc

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 06:55:49 PM

Here's an easy guide to get started if you have no Counterwallet and never folded before.

http://davidsterry.com/blog/2014/10/easy-guide-to-earn-foldingcoin/

Thank you Weex! you have gotten our first referral. Everybody welcome 1BNdRuQqGZbVdrG9eqkqAZCzzAr7p6ia7x to the fold!

welcome !
I saw earlier he is posting WUs but not part of a team

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
ChristianVirtual

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:38:06 PM

If researcher have to pay, specially non-commercial basic research as in Stanford, it would be easier for them just to buy cloud computing at Amazon or Google and don't need to deal with donors.

The initial intention of F@H was and still is: volunteering contribution to science.

Now that coins come into the picture is new, but the researcher can't pump their (public grants) money into those "outside" Eco systems. I could imagine they loose the grants as income. The value impression must come from the coin Eco system.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:46:46 PM

If researcher have to pay, specially non-commercial basic research as in Stanford, it would be easier for them just to buy cloud computing at Amazon or Google and don't need to deal with donors.

The initial intention of F@H was and still is: volunteering contribution to science.

Now that coins come into the picture is new, but the researcher can't pump their (public grants) money into those "outside" Eco systems. I could imagine they loose the grants as income. The value impression must come from the coin Eco system.
That is spot on. What we have to do as the FLDC community is find value in this coin so that others will want to join on their own to receive the coin. If everyone could help in the adoption of FLDC being a Meetup currency, that would be a great start. We are working hard on making that happen but help from this community would help further along the process. We are looking nito having a shop on our website for FLDC merchandise sometime in the near future as well, but obviously that alone cannot drive the price.

The big thing would be if we can implement this as a video game currency which we have been looking into, but this requires a lot of work so will take time.

uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:38:02 AM

That is spot on. What we have to do as the FLDC community is find value in this coin so that others will want to join on their own to receive the coin. If everyone could help in the adoption of FLDC being a Meetup currency, that would be a great start. We are working hard on making that happen but help from this community would help further along the process. We are looking nito having a shop on our website for FLDC merchandise sometime in the near future as well, but obviously that alone cannot drive the price.

The big thing would be if we can implement this as a video game currency which we have been looking into, but this requires a lot of work so will take time.

thats great plan, but you should consider get financial benefit from the research itself, because putting your GPU into research has great cause and benefit to mankind. for me, I am very eager to put my GPUs into helping research (and also for others GPU owners too) instead of mining shitcoin and dump them, personally even if dont get any profit as long as this system can cover up my running cost is great, because its so sad seeing those GPUs sleep doing nothing, I rather help science, but currently is not practical

its more practical for researcher to rent cloud computing from amazon or google because they already have the infrastructure, the researcher can develop the software the way the know how it will be run by the service. but still it should be cheaper to rent computing power from miner, because if that is not the case miners would use power by renting from cloud instead running their gpu on garage.

if somehow you can create infrastructure or protocol that allow researcher or research software to rent from decentralized network of computing power from miner, it would benefit researcher and also miner, researcher can get cheaper resource while miner can get earning from it
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:23:24 PM

thats great plan, but you should consider get financial benefit from the research itself, because putting your GPU into research has great cause and benefit to mankind. for me, I am very eager to put my GPUs into helping research (and also for others GPU owners too) instead of mining shitcoin and dump them, personally even if dont get any profit as long as this system can cover up my running cost is great, because its so sad seeing those GPUs sleep doing nothing, I rather help science, but currently is not practical

its more practical for researcher to rent cloud computing from amazon or google because they already have the infrastructure, the researcher can develop the software the way the know how it will be run by the service. but still it should be cheaper to rent computing power from miner, because if that is not the case miners would use power by renting from cloud instead running their gpu on garage.

if somehow you can create infrastructure or protocol that allow researcher or research software to rent from decentralized network of computing power from miner, it would benefit researcher and also miner, researcher can get cheaper resource while miner can get earning from it
You are absolutely right, using these GPUs for science is an awesome thing, and its way better than mining shitcoins that never have any of my BTC real value. Many of my BTC friends used to ask me what gives the altcoins value and i never had a response, i just said someone is buying them from me Smiley

That is a problem though, that means the coins really dont have a real value, they have been more of speculative coins up to this point with all these miners that are trying to get the next BTC which in my opinion will not happen. Thats why it is so super important to make FLDC used for something, whatever it may be.

I will have to disagree with you on the fact that scientists should rent the hardware from the miners. Up to this point, FAH has been purely donation of computing power, and they have achieved almost 200,000 CPU/GPUs and 40 Petaflops of computational power. Besides BTC it is the largest computing system in the world (and BTC only uses SHA256 which is mostly ASICs, so it is an astronomically larger amount of real CPU/GPUs in the FAH project). So with the current model they have achieved that, so there is no way they would be willing to pay for computer uses. If they did, they would receive alot more of the BTC community GPUs which could potentially 10x their network (this is my opinion based on numbers i have crunched, which many disagree, many think it could 3x the network) and that would be great. But they do not have the funding to pay for that, thats a lot of electricity!

So thats why creating a valuable token is the next best solution, we will make this work and anyone looking to help us, or if they have ideas on how to further the expansion of the coin please do it! Smiley

matthew.wierciak

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:06:16 AM

When installing folding coin should I use recommended settings or custom settings? Thanks -Matt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: