May 04, 2024, 05:15:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:12:42 AM

When installing folding coin should I use recommended settings or custom settings? Thanks -Matt
If your talking about the initial installation of the FAH client that you pulled off of the Stanford website, I would say
you can just do the recommended settings.

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matthew.wierciak

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:15:27 AM

for estimated points per day how long does it take to get to full estimation?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:32:10 AM

for estimated points per day how long does it take to get to full estimation?
Usually it can take up to about 1-2 hours before the overall PPD is displayed on the client

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
matthew.wierciak

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 01:32:29 AM

What website do I trade my FLDC to Bitcoin? -matt
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:38:40 PM

What website do I trade my FLDC to Bitcoin? -matt
You can trade FLDC on https://masterxchange.com

We are working on getting to more exchanges and are waiting for responses from many of them. Also it will take some of them time to get their systems ready for Counterparty assests as it uses a different API than the traditional altcoins

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 11:40:48 PM

actually too profitable at the moment. (not big volume but still)
I made today almost 30k FLDC with 2 * 280X
there is (at the time of writing) a buy order in masterxchange for 57 satoshis.
its more than 0.016 BTC in one day...

so very profitable for a relatively small miner like me

i have over 72 GPUs sitting idle, i would love to use it for folding and earn FLDC, but running those GPUs isn't that cheap, so whats the purpose of FLDC if it doesn't have value, we can't sell it to btc so i can't pay for electricity costs, and holding FLDC doesn't even earn dividend payment

it would be great if folding or any scienitific calculation process is profitable, researcher should pay miner for their computing power so if researcher earn financial benefit from their research they should pay dividend to miners

How many FAH points per day are you seeing there? I think it might  be interesting to get a calculator running so folks have an idea of how ppd translates to FLDC (and by extension BTC, if that's what they are after).
Currently one of our devs kerbos5 is working on that very thing Smiley

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:39:25 AM

making a calculator is difficult
i get different F@H points every day... ranging from 140k to 280k

280x F@H client (after running few days non-stop) claim it is doing ~140k PPD
7970 ~100k PPD

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:24:41 PM

making a calculator is difficult
i get different F@H points every day... ranging from 140k to 280k

280x F@H client (after running few days non-stop) claim it is doing ~140k PPD
7970 ~100k PPD
Also what i have noticed with the new Assignment Server that stnaford has implemented, is that the credits your FAH client says you get are not exactly what you will actually receive, it seems to be lower.

Is anyone else finding this?

matthew.wierciak

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:57:02 AM

Is it normal to keep getting the same thing each time when researching?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:42:05 AM

Is it normal to keep getting the same thing each time when researching?
By same thing what do you mean?

If your talking about something that says FAHcore:x017 then that is normal, also the same project number could appear multiple times

FBSoulMan

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 02:56:21 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 03:11:39 AM by FBSoulMan

We have deployed some new code to the FoldingCoin Distribution Calculator. This update will begin to allow folders to be on any Folding@home team, not just 226728. This has been a feature in high demand, so we are pleased to provide it.

If you want to move to another team, or add a friendly name in addition to the Counterwallet address we have used up to now, follow these steps:

-Generate a NEW Counterwallet address. This is free in the Counterwallet web app. There is a big blue button in the upper right portion of the app "Create New Address".

-If you have previously folded and received FoldingCoin, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you use a new address, as your FAH public stats will start over at zero. If you don't change your address, you will not get any FLDC until the new user name catches up to the credits accumulated by the old address.

-In your folding rigs, change the user name to "Name_FLDC_WalletAddress". There are no spaces allowed. But do use the underscores, as illustrated before and after the "FLDC" marker.

-The new shapshot code will search every folder for _FLDC_ and if it finds it, it will add that folder to the snapshot, which is required in order to pay FoldingCoin.

-Here is an example of a FAH user name that will work: "FBSoulMan_FLDC_1DTH9UNSZHSCMMTUkzEv57AkemxmUuXjiN"

-You can now change to a new team, as long as your FAH user name contains _FLDC_ followed by a valid Counterwallet address.

-It is important to note that the previous snapshot method still works, so if you want to keep doing it the old way, you don't have to make any changes. No new wallet address, nothing.

-But if you do want to do it the new way, you MUST use a new wallet address.

Please let Robert or myself know if there are any issues, either on the forums or via the contact info on our signatures.
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 12:26:40 PM

Serious ? Makeing the names even longer, forcing a reset on counter and QRB qualification this way ? Why should I do that and start again from Zero ? I wouldn't ... And the current market value wouldnt "convince" me neither.
Did you tried if the FAHClient support those longer names ?

Isn't there a way to let me keep my current name &, freedom of team selection ?
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 02:48:59 PM

isn't there other way to prove identity of F@H and somehow link it with a Bitcoin address ?
personally i don't mind names

we are a nice small WU factory

alicea

Activity: 1050
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:57:28 PM

This is the place where you want to trade FoldingCoin:
logging into counterwallet after some days
You appear to be logged into Counterwallet elsewhere. It's not safe to be logged into the same wallet account from multiple devices at the same time. If you are sure that this is not the case, press Continue. Otherwise, please press Cancel, logout from your other device, and try again.
Got an error when trying to sync BTC balances: JSON-RPC Error:
Type: Server error
Code: -32000
Message: Got get_url request error: [Errno 24] Too many open files
Strange. Not logged from other devices because I use only my laptop to do such things. Logging from 1 physical machine and place (with a public IP) only, because I sprained my ankle and I'm unable to move my laptop anywhere.
Is the counterwallet a scam?

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:29:36 PM

Serious ? Makeing the names even longer, forcing a reset on counter and QRB qualification this way ? Why should I do that and start again from Zero ? I wouldn't ... And the current market value wouldnt "convince" me neither.
Did you tried if the FAHClient support those longer names ?

Isn't there a way to let me keep my current name &, freedom of team selection ?

This is the first way we are trying to get non FLDC members to join in on receiving FLDC without switching teams, its a first try and obviously is not the best. We have talked with various people about the issue on "keeping your name" and it basically is just not going to happen with having to add your FLDC address to you name. PPlease review the FAH statement https://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/#ntoc33

If this is not popular we can remove it, but it is worth a shot we feel Smiley

The BEST way, which i am talking to software developers about, is to add an extension to the FAH client that could ask for your FLDC address after it asks for your team and donor name. Then this would be a perfect way to ensure people do not have to switch usernames. I will update as this developes, but since this is a communty driven coin, i would LOVE feedback on this new implementation, is this something anyone has a problem with? (and yes, the client will support as long of a name as you want)

Thanks!

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:33:42 PM

isn't there other way to prove identity of F@H and somehow link it with a Bitcoin address ?
personally i don't mind names

we are a nice small WU factory
Also to add, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SWITCH YOUR CURRENT NAiME!!!! This implementation is meant to try and convince people to stay on their teams and still receive FLDC, this is not really intended for the folks on our team right now, although you can still do this if you wish.

Me and James spent many many hours looking over how the FAH credit system is and it really is not that great of a system. We wanted to implement the "proof of idle" idea (where someone would shut down everything for a set time and email us that set time and their address, this would verify them and keep their username) but the problem is, you can have 100 different bobs, and the code James writes would not be able to tell one bob from another without getting their passkey, which is to remain confidential.

We are so open to ideas about this because we really want to pay EVERYONE that folds, not just us, does anyone have any cleaver solutions that the FLDC team is missing?

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:54:16 PM

the way it is now. and adding possibility for using nickname_FLDC_addy is fine.
because of easier transparency, and you can't cheat with distribution.

it won't be good if users sending information to you (and to you only), without the rest of the community is able to see.
this is opening possibility that you will cheat (can choose a nice alice from F@H who doesn't even know about FLDC and add her to the payout..)

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:02:20 AM

I think that 72 GPUs (waiting for a link to that farm photo) is a lot better than 72 virgins

deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:14:33 AM

For me idea with new "name system" is without any sense. If you want to receive FLDC you should fold in our Team and make points for our group.

justkinko

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:41:47 AM

Mining for Medicine looks like a good concept.
It is something that was very attractive to me once i first turned off my rigs in March due to the ASIC scrypts. It gives a chance for your energy not to be wasted either. We believe that we could potentially triple the FAH network with all the altcoin miners out there who can no longer turn a profit with GPU mining on altcoins. We are calling it "proof of useful work"

hello ,i want to join the tream.
i have counterwallet,and  download the "Folding@home".
so  need to send some BTC to u  ,so i get the qualify to participate?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: