May 17, 2024, 11:24:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:01:07 AM

Talking to my work tomorrow about an exit strategy at the company I work for. I will be going full time FLDC no later than the end of Jan 2015. I will become more involved in chairty/community/non profit/BTC advocation driven crypto projects. I love this space and since I got involved with BTC in March of 2013 I know it has been something I am destined to become a part of. I love this community so much and I am excited to get to work full time in this field. I will have an exact date tomorrow. Thank you all and keep folding

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 06:56:32 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 10:54:28 AM by SalimNagamato

what about salary ? bills ?
FLDC is still too small and nobody can make a living from

*edit: unless you have a big investor paying your bills Smiley

Talking to my work tomorrow about an exit strategy at the company I work for. I will be going full time FLDC no later than the end of Jan 2015. I will become more involved in chairty/community/non profit/BTC advocation driven crypto projects. I love this space and since I got involved with BTC in March of 2013 I know it has been something I am destined to become a part of. I love this community so much and I am excited to get to work full time in this field. I will have an exact date tomorrow. Thank you all and keep folding

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

what about salary ? bills ?
FLDC is still too small and nobody can make a living from

*edit: unless you have a big investor paying your bills Smiley

Well I have a pretty good paying job and i have saved some money up to be able to do this. I also have some other BTC related ventures I will be dwelling into. So I guess i am going BTC full time. Making my own schedule will allow me to stay on top of FLDC related things that until this point i have not been able to do. I have a lot of folks in the community that want to schedule talking about FLDC during the week that i can never guarantee i will make. With me being on my own, i will be able to commit to things like this.

Those are real concerns and i have saved my  money properly to be able to do this. Also i could work fri and sat nights at a bar i used to work at and bring in about 200 dollars each night, which would be enough for me to live on (and start advocating BTC to customers as they love talking to me). I may do this, but i do not think it will be necessary.

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:08:33 PM

I will officially be going full time FLDC and other BTC projects on Jan 5th of next year! I love being transparent about everything I do, so I will be setting up a game plan with goals and time lines that I will make available to the public. Thanks you all very much and i look forward into putting all my energy in the crypto world

John776

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 09:27:42 PM

This is great news, I am very excited to see an increase in progress for FLDC because of this development
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:55:01 AM

This is great news, I am very excited to see an increase in progress for FLDC because of this development
I am excited as well. I should really be able to start getting FLDC involved in many things we wish to accomplish but simply have not had the time

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:35:30 AM

It would be a wonderful thing to get the guys at HardOCP (team 33 that I am apart of) to start receiving FLDC. Please join in the conversation at http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1840249 to help convince the benefits of receiving FLDC. Also if you arent already on a team yet, come join team 33 with an "donor_FLDC_cpaddress" name!

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:06:11 AM

Some nice posting there FoldingCoin. I hesitate to join in lest be seen as brigading or sockpuppetry. I do think it's important to emphasize that name changes are necessary for transparency which I see you've done. It is a marathon, not a sprint and I think folks there will get involved as it suits them. Since you have structured this project toward those with AMD GPUs with prior mining experience, I think it would be good to do a similar thread at litecointalk and in litecoin circles.
That isnt a bad idea to get involved with the litecoin community, but i do not want to over extend my reach just yet. I am currently talking to many different coin communities, Stojr being the most promising, and need to finish talking with them first and making something happen there before beginning on more established coins like LTC.

Also, We now have all but 2 weeks worth of undistributed FLDC inside of an offline cold storage wallet. Every 2 weeks we will begin to create a new CP web wallet that we will store 2 weeks worth of FLDC and abandon the old CP wallet. Then we will transfer the remaining undistributed funds to another new offline cold storage wallet.

We also need to use 0.1 BTC raised from the crowdsale towards distribution costs. Each person who receives FLDC everyday cost 0.00006 BTC and we are now doing an average of 75 so it is almost up to 0.005 BTC to distribute a day.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 04:32:55 AM

We have now raised 1.36 total BTC in the crowd sale!

John776

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:35:16 PM

Not joining the http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1840249 thread because I am not on the hard ocp team, but very good conversations still actively going on here. Everyone should read through it
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:55:19 PM

Meeting up with a potential lawyer for FLDC this Wed at 3 oclock. He will go over everything we need from a legal stand point to keep FLDC going forward.

John776

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 03:54:04 PM

Are you talking about the idea of incorporating more BOINC like projects to be able to have participants receive bitcoin? I agree then that this would be a perfect route to go.

Also PookTwo, since you have decided to go full time would you mind sharing some of your plans for next year?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:44:09 PM

Are you talking about the idea of incorporating more BOINC like projects to be able to have participants receive bitcoin? I agree then that this would be a perfect route to go.

Also PookTwo, since you have decided to go full time would you mind sharing some of your plans for next year?

I will release them as soon as I am finished including the other projects I am looking to become directly and indirectly involved with. Work is keeping me very busy since I am leaving but I will have everything ready for full time come Jan  5th. As a side note

FoldingCoin has been invited to join the "International Blockchain Summit" and it looks legit, but  I cant find that much information online about it other than their website http://latitude.global/ Has anyone heard of this event before or the guy running it https://twitter.com/ArthurTCorry It looks good but before I spend money to go, I would like some additional information. Any help would be great

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:55:59 AM

About that summit: the numbers are bogus for attendies, experts, etc. but the guy does have a lot of Twitter followers. I'd hold off until a list of speakers is confirmed.
I see that Ethereum is sponsoring the event however they is nothing on ethereums website about it. I will hold off until i discover more about it, dont want to waste money going to the cayman islands for a scam (even though that would be a lovely trip)

Aslo FoldingCoin Inc is now an incorporated non profit! We are 100 % legit officially. Thanks to everyone in the crowdsale, it cost us 1 BTC to do this (I have a local lawyer in Indiana that accepts BTC http://www.overhauser.com/) and that was taken from the crowdsale. Thanks Folders!

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:06:47 AM

nice !
is it going to be listed online in a government owned database/website ?

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:17:18 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 03:57:05 PM by FoldingCoin

nice !
is it going to be listed online in a government owned database/website ?

That would be a question for our lawyer lol. I will check on that but I would assume with the government holding information on everything and everyone, yes.

Also we kind of just registered with them so they probably will put it somewhere Cheesy The reason we did this was to open up some opportunities with some other organizations that wanted to see us incorporated before they wished to do collaborations with us.

HOLD THE PHONE!!! Just found it, heres the link https://secure.in.gov/sos/online_corps/name_search.aspx just search "FoldingCoin"

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:33:27 AM

direct link doesn't work
i find it when searching FoldingCoin at https://secure.in.gov/sos/online_corps/name_search.aspx
Smiley
congrats

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:57:27 PM

direct link doesn't work
i find it when searching FoldingCoin at https://secure.in.gov/sos/online_corps/name_search.aspx
Smiley
congrats
Thanks jst noticed that, i will change that on the other forums

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:47:14 AM

this  works as direct link:

https://secure.in.gov/sos/online_corps/name_search_results.aspx?search_name=foldingcoin&search_type=exact&client_id=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&search_mode=search

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

Perfect! Thank you Smiley

Tomorrow we are changing the distribution addresses as part of our new security measures that take place every 2 weeks. The points are really starting to come in now with the other teams Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: