Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:53:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoincard.org  (Read 29248 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 05:20:16 PM

A Faraday cage only needs to be grounded when you want to use it to protect the contents from high voltage. No ground is needed for a foil wrap to reflect radio waves.

If I'm surrounded by metal that is hit by lightning, it doesn't matter if this metal is grounded or not as no matter which two points of my cage I touch these two points will never expose me to high voltage as the cage's resistance is by many magnitudes lower than my body's and thus the electrons would not want to flow through me but rather through the metal - grounded or not.

That's true, as it has much to do with 'skin effect'.  Still, that has almost zero bearing on the question of radio waves penetrating a thin metal sleave.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:26:52 PM

not sure if anyone asked, are these waterproof?

hi
World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:15:42 AM

This would fit no? Cheesy
http://www.p2i.com/

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 11:47:06 PM

Maybe the Bitcoincard people should work with The Freedom Box Foundation - (http://www.freedomboxfoundation.org/goals/index.en.html) to have them act as gateway nodes.  I think it would fit with foundations ideology to help the bitcoin network propagate?

apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:57:06 PM

judging from what i've seen i would guess yes, the final product can be waterproof - maybe not for deep-diving but it would survive a shower.

the development prototypes have some holes, though so i would not try it with them.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 12:32:25 AM

judging from what i've seen i would guess yes, the final product can be waterproof - maybe not for deep-diving but it would survive a shower.

the development prototypes have some holes, though so i would not try it with them.

It only needs to be able to survive a washing machine & dryer.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 01:12:04 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of taking ladders and a truck around town to super-glue them to tops of things.

hi
mobile4ever

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 01:20:36 AM

what is this, when can i get mine?

http://bitcoincard.org/

A few Bitcoiners and I are meeting the guys behing BitcoinCard in Europe at the end of the month to talk about US Distribution.

Will keep you all updated!

What about South America?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 01:47:01 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of taking ladders and a truck around town to super-glue them to tops of things.

If it will survive the washing machine, it will do fine on the top of a vending machine.

Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 01:51:56 AM

"Later tonight, mysterious Bitcoin Nodes HIDDEN in YOUR neighborhood, and how you can stop cyber terrorism"

hi
NothinG

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 02:09:29 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2012, 02:26:14 AM by NothinG

"Later tonight, mysterious Bitcoin Nodes HIDDEN in YOUR neighborhood, and how you can stop cyber terrorism"
Tonight on FOX: Bitcoin to take over the world? What does one think of our new overlord?

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 08:56:49 PM

Is there any news on timetables for release dates yet?

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 09:05:23 PM

Is there any news on timetables for release dates yet?

They plan on being at CES in Vegas in Jan to launch the card, but not sure how that timeline is progressing.

Im gonna see one of the developers this weekend when he comes to NY to visit us.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 09:28:48 PM

Any timetables on release dates or any news?

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2012, 11:28:36 AM

http://asia.cnet.com/mastercard-rolls-out-credit-card-with-display-and-keypad-62219392.htm

Come on! We want our card! Cheesy

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 03:10:17 AM

Holy crap, I didn't even think about setting up my own local mesh network by just gluing/hiding these things around town. Since they're solar, I don't have to worry about power... that is awesome!
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 03:15:41 PM

Sorry to ruin your bitcoin dreams, but bitcoincard.org is down. I smell another crashed bitcoin startup.
adamstgBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2012, 04:15:19 PM

Sorry to ruin your bitcoin dreams, but bitcoincard.org is down. I smell another crashed bitcoin startup.

lol their website is currently unavailable, and you think the hole project has been abandoned?

your over reacting to the smallest thing Tongue

if I was bitcoincard, I'd wait a few years b4 releasing, to let the bitcoin user base grow. You only get to be new and hot for a few days, might as well make it count.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:25:16 PM

lol their website is currently unavailable, and you think the hole project has been abandoned?

your over reacting to the smallest thing Tongue

if I was bitcoincard, I'd wait a few years b4 releasing, to let the bitcoin user base grow. You only get to be new and hot for a few days, might as well make it count.
I also think it needs more development.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
apetersson

Activity: 668
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 04:27:33 PM

the project is definitely not abandoned, i am working on a part of it right now.

the website should not be down i will check with the people responsible
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: