Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:57:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : (  (Read 147172 times)
fabiola! (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:25:07 PM

I have been posting for 6 months and this has been the first time I came across a female user. Or at least I think so.

There are 3 of us in this thread alone, maybe a lot more out there Smiley
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:56:45 AM

There are no females on the internet.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:04:08 PM

Haha why does everyone keep saying that? Is it a meme? Have I missed something?
Pony789

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:06:24 PM

Just for your reference: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/there-are-no-girls-on-the-internet

Grin

btchris

Activity: 672

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 12:44:49 PM

Just for your reference: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/there-are-no-girls-on-the-internet

Grin

Surprisingly not a bad article, thanks. In briefly describing the history of girls (or rather of "no girls") on the Internet, it almost exactly parallels what we see today on Bitcointalk (and it's a good read for you young folk who've never heard of MUDs, MOOs, etc.)

Unfortunately it looks like Bitcointalk has only reached the 4chan phase, a.k.a. the "TITS or GTFO" phase. Hopefully, as (and if) Bitcoin gains popularity, this forum will be able to drag itself into the new millennium (easier said than done, since scammers will always be here with us...)
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:02:09 PM

Grin

Ah, I had a feeling I was missing something! Thanks for the article Smiley
Aemon

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:38:17 PM

It's just an ongoing joke and has been around forever, Heck I have actually played certain games with girls right next to me playing the same game, and I still say, No females on the internetz!(of course I am only kidding though)
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:34:54 PM

There are a lot of girls actually, to be honest and I never shared this but whatever, I don't really use this forum much anymore. And I am pretty sure they aren't on here anymore, but I dated 2 chicks that I meet on this forum (YES REAL DATING, not cyber dating or stuff like that). Also one of the chicks from girlsgonebitcoin went to my college and hooked up with her, before I saw here on that site.
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:41:44 PM

There are a lot of girls actually, to be honest and I never shared this but whatever, I don't really use this forum much anymore. And I am pretty sure they aren't on here anymore, but I dated 2 chicks that I meet on this forum (YES REAL DATING, not cyber dating or stuff like that). Also one of the chicks from girlsgonebitcoin went to my college and hooked up with her, before I saw here on that site.

What's with the Mexican flag? If you're mexican that explains why you hooked up with some hot girls, you guys have a gift, maybe it's the accent or the over the top confidence, I don't know, but it's like most girls automatically like you for some reason.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:01:59 PM

What's with the Mexican flag? If you're mexican that explains why you hooked up with some hot girls, you guys have a gift, maybe it's the accent or the over the top confidence, I don't know, but it's like most girls automatically like you for some reason.

It is an italian flag...
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:39:42 PM

It is an italian flag...

Um not quite, the Italian flag is a much lighter shade of green....
btchris

Activity: 672

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:03:15 AM

What's with the Mexican flag?

It is an italian flag...

It seems to be missing the coat of arms of Mexico... we're not going to have another big argument here, are we? Wink
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:50:42 AM

It is an italian flag...

It seems to be missing the coat of arms of Mexico... we're not going to have another big argument here, are we? Wink

No cause I know a troll when I see one Wink Can't troll a troll Wink
ARadzi

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:04:45 AM

Hii!
Just wondering if there are any fellow girls on here who are into Bitcoin mining, trading, etc. It seems it's mainly guys. We are roughly 50% of the population of this planet yet I can't find any girls who are into Bitcoins, anywhere.

Everytime I try to mention Bitcoins while hanging out with girlfriends they always look confused and change the subject, yet they're not "dumb girls", they've been to Uni, spend a lot of time online, have paypal acc's, online banking, etc. Why are they so reluctant to hear about Bitcoins?

good for you. if btc will hit it big, you'll the olny girl who made it. welcome aboard
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:28:44 PM

It is an italian flag...

Dam Gweedo, you gonna take that!  That "chick" called you Mexican in your face.

I mean your Bitcointalk name is a play on a words of a certain fist pumping stereotype. 

I thought that and the flag were pretty self explanatory.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:09:50 PM

It is an italian flag...

But it's dark green!!! I assumed the profile pic was the wrong ratio and was only showing a thin stripe of the top of the Mexican flag. I know an Italian flag when I see one, you know that Chris Smiley
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:10:38 PM

It is an italian flag...

Dam Gweedo, you gonna take that!  That "chick" called you Mexican in your face.

I mean your Bitcointalk name is a play on a words of a certain fist pumping stereotype. 

I thought that and the flag were pretty self explanatory.

This is gold. So true!!!
fabiola! (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:12:53 PM

Hii!
Just wondering if there are any fellow girls on here who are into Bitcoin mining, trading, etc. It seems it's mainly guys. We are roughly 50% of the population of this planet yet I can't find any girls who are into Bitcoins, anywhere.

Everytime I try to mention Bitcoins while hanging out with girlfriends they always look confused and change the subject, yet they're not "dumb girls", they've been to Uni, spend a lot of time online, have paypal acc's, online banking, etc. Why are they so reluctant to hear about Bitcoins?

good for you. if btc will hit it big, you'll the olny girl who made it. welcome aboard

Thanks, what does ARadzi stands for? You guys pick the weirdest nicknames.
awesome31312

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:18:03 PM

Grin

Surprisingly not a bad article, thanks. In briefly describing the history of girls (or rather of "no girls") on the Internet, it almost exactly parallels what we see today on Bitcointalk (and it's a good read for you young folk who've never heard of MUDs, MOOs, etc.)

Unfortunately it looks like Bitcointalk has only reached the 4chan phase, a.k.a. the "TITS or GTFO" phase. Hopefully, as (and if) Bitcoin gains popularity, this forum will be able to drag itself into the new millennium (easier said than done, since scammers will always be here with us...)

I'd say Bitcointalk is a business forum, I've yet to run across people trying to scrounge a date on here

Account recovered 08-12-2019
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:18:11 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 06:29:32 PM by serje

This is mexico!!!!!

Problem solved!

P.S. Here you have the differences!

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mexico_Italy_flag_differences.gif

For Italy: The meanings of the three colours of the flag of Italy are that green represents the country's plains and the hills, white, the Alps mountains covered in snow and red represents blood spilt in the Wars of Italian Independence.

For Mexico: Green: The Independence Movement,  White: The purity of the Catholic faith, Red:The Spaniards that joined in the quest for Independence. The
blood of the National Heroes.

Space for rent if its still trending
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: