Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:38:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
TrackCoin1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 04:10:50 PM

By Soler system very successfully experiment finished recently... Soon becoming  new technologies by Solar power... Kiss Kiss Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:00:28 PM

56,000 Solarcoins sent to cold storage

Thanks who sold!
nickgogerty

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 05:22:53 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 05:55:38 PM by nickgogerty

I would be able to make solarcoin paper wallets with 1 coin in each one i could use holograms to seal the wallets.

And then ship them over there once everything was in order. Is that possible?

Of course i cant make them all but i would love to do my part.

physical production sounds good, but the issuer will likely require a known secure note production method, unless you want to offer cheap verifiable secure production. Notes may be bigger denominations as well.  a §100 note would be about $0.40 as of today, hopefully that changes significantly.

The first goal will be to get Tokelau adminstrators on board (likely whoever is overseeing the stamp production program).  The physical production is TBD (to be determined).

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 05:56:50 PM

that makes sense because even though I wouldn't do it the money would still be unsound because there would always be doubt that somebody would have acess to the private key.

Very good point.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:49:09 PM

So the promotion, distribution... whatever one may decide to call it, of Solarcoin is a total disaster and no one is actually claiming the solarcoins they are entitled for... and this is a problem if not the major/only problem of this project. In fact, no one knows that if they install a solar system, they are entitled to receive solarcoins. I will go even further: Not even the professionals, know about this. Or Solarcoin as a project altogether. Is this, really, the main/only problem of this project? I would think it is...

Well, here is the EASY solution:

The reason no one knows about Solarcoin is, obviously, because no one cares. Who would even hear they are entitled to some WORTHLESS reward? In many cases it would be considered, first, suspicious (someone is trying to sell me something else...0 and second, an insult (if you are going to give me anything, that it would be at the very least, worth enough to buy a sandwich...). Solution: Offer a REAL REWARD. Who was the inventor of the 1§ per 1 KW? And why such absurd thing remains in place? If we REALLY want to be noticed, to be taken seriously, it is beyond evident that the reward has to be changed, from something halfway between suspicious and an insult, to something that can be considered a reward, even if minimal, but at least with some substance.

I propose that exchange will be hiked to 1 KW = 100 §. And lets see what happens. Since the previous rate has proven an absolute failure by any measure, I'm quite sure that new rate will make a significant departure. The hike also applies, obviously, to the commissions by those who sign people to the program, so it will be really worthwhile to get people to do it.

Yes, I know there are other considerations. I have considered them all. The FINAL result, since the current results are so disastrous, are way positive in ANY AND ALL scenarios.

So, foundation members, get the ball rolling. We are already WAY behind...
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:07:11 AM

So the promotion, distribution... whatever one may decide to call it, of Solarcoin is a total disaster and no one is actually claiming the solarcoins they are entitled for... and this is a problem if not the major/only problem of this project. In fact, no one knows that if they install a solar system, they are entitled to receive solarcoins. I will go even further: Not even the professionals, know about this. Or Solarcoin as a project altogether. Is this, really, the main/only problem of this project? I would think it is...

The reason no one knows about Solarcoin is, obviously, because no one cares. Who would even hear they are entitled to some WORTHLESS reward? In many cases it would be considered, first, suspicious (someone is trying to sell me something else...0 and second, an insult (if you are going to give me anything, that it would be at the very least, worth enough to buy a sandwich...). Solution: Offer a REAL REWARD. Who was the inventor of the 1§ per 1 KW? And why such absurd thing remains in place? If we REALLY want to be noticed, to be taken seriously, it is beyond evident that the reward has to be changed, from something halfway between suspicious and an insult, to something that can be considered a reward, even if minimal, but at least with some substance.

I propose that exchange will be hiked to 1 KW = 100 §. And lets see what happens. Since the previous rate has proven an absolute failure by any measure, I'm quite sure that new rate will make a significant departure. The hike also applies, obviously, to the commissions by those who sign people to the program, so it will be really worthwhile to get people to do it.

Yes, I know there are other considerations. I have considered them all. The FINAL result, since the current results are so disastrous, are way positive in ANY AND ALL scenarios.

I don't see it this way at all. For a 40 year project it's just getting off the ground. More than half of the systems aren't in place yet. When you take a real look at where solar is right now, the grant matches quite well. Once things get worked out: new wallet + staking features, automation process, etc. Solarcoin will take on a life of its own. If you're looking for a quick buck, go somewhere else, you won't find it here.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:19:52 AM

I don't see it this way at all. For a 40 year project it's just getting off the ground. More than half of the systems aren't in place yet. When you take a real look at where solar is right now, the grant matches quite well. Once things get worked out: new wallet + staking features, automation process, etc. Solarcoin will take on a life of its own. If you're looking for a quick buck, go somewhere else, you won't find it here.

And thereby precisely lies the problem. Which part of "no one knows about solarcoin in the solar industry" you chose to not understand? Furthermore, which part of the "being insulted by the current non-value of the solarcoin promotion" you choose to ignore. The solar industry, has grown 9-fold in the last 2 years in many places of the planet, with governments doing the heavy lifting and carrying the burden of u[p to 30% and more of the total costs, to PROMOTE adoption and installation, buy they are stupid, right? You, on the other hand, are the fucking genius that believes that this is going to even be around at all -under the present idiotic circumstances- even 2 years from now, right?

Like I said: Thereby lies the problem. And why this project -which was originally a great idea- is a joke, actually.
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:45:53 AM

And thereby precisely lies the problem. Which part of "no one knows about solarcoin in the solar industry" you chose to not understand? Furthermore, which part of the "being insulted by the current non-value of the solarcoin promotion" you choose to ignore. The solar industry, has grown 9-fold in the last 2 years in many places of the planet, with governments doing the heavy lifting and carrying the burden of u[p to 30% and more of the total costs, to PROMOTE adoption and installation, buy they are stupid, right? You, on the other hand, are the fucking genius that believes that this is going to even be around at all -under the present idiotic circumstances- even 2 years from now, right?

Like I said: Thereby lies the problem. And why this project -which was originally a great idea- is a joke, actually.

The value of SLR is bound to grow with increase of claims. That's the project. It's based on economic laws/economic history. Current state is just that - current state - it's matching current predominantly PoW mining/adoption. Then why consider an insult letting the solar industry know about the SLR project and that SLR value is bound to naturally grow with increase of claims?

BTW, I already asked you this: did you already contact the Solarfarm guy to let him know to claim the SolarCoins for the solar farms he works with? If not, I'll go ahead and do it.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 01:58:15 AM

I disagreed with you before, and I disagree with you now. Go off on a tirade somewhere else.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:10:21 AM

I disagreed with you before, and I disagree with you now. Go off on a tirade somewhere else.

Why don't YOU go somewhere else disagreeing with reason and OBVIOUS, PROVEN FACTS, ah? Who the fuck do you think you are? There's NO adoption going on. None. It is an insult, to anyone, to even offer them something that not only is currently worthless but is being more WORTHLESS every day. Meaning price is lover every year, every month, every week and every day. These are PROVEN FUCKING FACTS! The opposite of your usual ineffective BS, to be precise.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:18:14 AM

Why don't YOU go somewhere else disagreeing with reason and OBVIOUS, PROVEN FACTS, ah? Who the fuck do you think you are? There's NO adoption going on. None. It is an insult, to anyone, to even offer them something that not only is currently worthless but is being more WORTHLESS every day. Meaning price is lover every year, every month, every week and every day. These are PROVEN FUCKING FACTS! The opposite of your usual ineffective BS, to be precise.

All I see is blah blah blah, yakkity shmackity.

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:22:43 AM

And all I see from you is plain, blunt, raw stupidity. So?
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:30:48 AM

And all I see from you is plain, blunt, raw stupidity. So?

Sounds like a personal problem. Maybe you should drink some nice soothing chamomile tea. Smiley

CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:45:24 AM

The value of SLR is bound to grow with increase of claims. That's the project. It's based on economic laws/economic history. Current state is just that - current state - it's matching current predominantly PoW mining/adoption. Then why consider an insult letting the solar industry know about the SLR project and that SLR value is bound to naturally grow with increase of claims?

BTW, I already asked you this: did you already contact the Solarfarm guy to let him know to claim the SolarCoins for the solar farms he works with? If not, I'll go ahead and do it.

STOP SAYING
The value of SLR is bound to grow with increase of claims.
YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!

If SLR were BACKED by SOMETHING even that SOMETHING would be depleted when people cash out their CLAIMED SLR!!!

If you have MORE PEOPLE CLAIMING than there are PEOPLE BUYING the price goes down (Less Value along with More Coin in Circulation to top it off) and it is a BUYERS MARKET not a SELLERS!!!

Sure if everyone just keeps buying SLR like it is GASOLINE then the price goes up and up and up. But why do people need to BUY SLR??? To Get RICH? No they only need to SELL SLR since once they CLAIM it they have nothing else to do with it than SELL it!!!

Even if you have a product you could BUY from a merchant with SLR.... GUESS WHAT??? The Merchant has to SELL the SLR they accepted in the transaction!!! So they need to SELL!!!

So you tell me even in 40 years from now who will be BUYING SLR?

I guess you have 40 years to figure this out like I told you many times there is nothing creating a BUY. And even if people do buy they BUY low so the price will plummet and profit takers will be your only buyers. Since the relation of SLR equates to BITCOIN vs FIAT the only thing to happen for merchants makes them relate to BitCoin when they sell products. So when your coin hits the bottom the inflation will be huge, and that merchant will be forced to sell a T-Shirt for 10,000,000 SLR. So your Claimers get a Free T-Shirt and then the Merchant is stuck trying to sell his SLR to no buyers.

Please tell me you understand this now?
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:04:28 AM

STOP SAYING
YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!

If SLR were BACKED by SOMETHING even that SOMETHING would be depleted when people cash out their CLAIMED SLR!!!

If you have MORE PEOPLE CLAIMING than there are PEOPLE BUYING the price goes down and it is a BUYERS MARKET not a SELLERS!!!

Sure if everyone just keeps buying SLR like it is GASOLINE then the price goes up and up and up. But why do people need to BUY SLR??? To Get RICH? No they only need to SELL SLR since once they CLAIM it they have nothing else to do with it than SELL it!!!

Even if you have a product you could BUY from a merchant with SLR.... GUESS WHAT??? The Merchant has to SELL the SLR they accepted in the transaction!!! So they need to SELL!!!

I guess you have 40 years to figure this out like I told you many times there is nothing creating a BUY. And even if people do buy they BUY low so the price will plummet and profit takers will be your only buyers. Since the relation of SLR equates to BITCOIN vs FIAT the only thing to happen for merchants makes them relate to BitCoin when they sell products. So when your coin hits the bottom the inflation will be huge, and that merchant will be forced to sell a T-Shirt for 10,000,000 SLR. So your Claimers get a Free T-Shirt and then the Merchant is stuck trying to sell his SLR to no buyers.

You cannot be possibly more right... or explain the current and future situation any clearer. But, of course, we have here a more basic problem to solve, before we even attempt to make any sense of this absurd joke. It's called -and evidenced above-, plain STUPIDITY. And, sadly, it abounds here. These holders of that particular banner, somehow have convinced themselves that this thing is going to distribute itself... even after the PROVEN FACT, after more than a year of going in the wrong direction, with results to back it up, that it will not only NOT happen, now or ever, but that the whole shitty project -they make it so- will be obsolete and will more than provable not reach a second anniversary. In other words, they have "a plan" for 40 years when in all likelyhood, the idea itself will not survive year 2. Go figure.

This project needs, FIRST AND FOREMOST, distribution. And yes, that will probably create a "buyer's market" as you put it. But it is unavoidable. And, as it will turn out, beneficial in the end with the MARKET doing the actual distribution: At some price level, speculators, investors, traders, will come in and set the PROPER VALUE at the time of the coin. If you cannot buy anything with it, obviously, value will be ZERO. But that cannot actually be the case for now you can translate ANY digital currency into fiat via gift cards so it will have SOME value all along and the only TRUE judge of value, the market, will set it.

Now, if by some miracle, the holders of the banners -and other banners too-, are somehow able to give this coin some usage at some point along the way, then what we have is a promising project that NOT ONLY, adequately and EFFICIENTLY, promotes solar power creation but IS ALSO a digital currency that serves a purpose as such.

Quite frankly, with the current captains manning the ship, the chances of this being achieved are slim to none... lets just look, for perspective, to the "achievements" of these 15 months. But they do not need to be manning anything, really, when plenty of way more capable hands are ready and available. Solar energy is 1% now in the world. Without Solarcoin, it will be the MAIN source of energy by 2050. Solarcoin can and should grab a piece of that immense pie... by way of becoming and engine in tha spectacular growth just ahead and already heavily in progress.

This will NOT be achieved, clearly, with the holders of the STUPIDITY banner manning the ship.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:16:30 AM

cryptonick and barabbas are now on ignore. The level of pompous exceeds sanity tolerance.

y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:45:50 AM

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/03/29/interest-in-bitcoin-grows-on-wall-street/
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:37:24 AM

cryptonick and barabbas are now on ignore. The level of pompous exceeds sanity tolerance.

+1

+2

+3!

At least show up out of nowhere in here and try to show some human decency and respect.  You're basically calling every person that has ever supported this project and idiot, all while you work SO hard to try and sound intelligent?!

Sure as the hell seems like a planned and collaborated attack to me, which if correct....makes you not only idiots yourselves.....but also indecent, disrespectful jerks!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:11:59 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 05:42:24 AM by CryptoNick

+1

+2

+3!

At least show up out of nowhere in here and try to show some human decency and respect.  You're basically calling every person that has ever supported this project and idiot, all while you work SO hard to try and sound intelligent?!

Sure as the hell seems like a planned and collaborated attack to me, which if correct....makes you not only idiots yourselves.....but also indecent, disrespectful jerks!

I tried to help this coin.

What you really need to say is... "In 40 Years Solar Coin will Replace FIAT / Money / BitCoin!" Then only time will tell and that would be the only time SLR will work at all, when it doesn't leave the SLR economy as BitCoin.

Example of Solar Coin Model:

1. Own Solar Equipment= You Pay $ for your equipment lets say $20,000 and put it on your roof. (Who Made Who scenario since you could buy SLR and use SLR to buy Solar but you are buying with BitCoin, and if you don't own BitCoin you have to buy BitCoin with FIAT to pay for SLR and then use the SLR to buy the Solar Panels). This will be the same amount but take many more steps just to BUY your SLR coin. When people can just go BUY Solar Panels and Claim Credits.
2. Solar reduces your costs as it feeds back to the Grid= You save a percentage based on Output of your Solar Panels= ROI (Return On Investment) This is why you bought your Solar Panels in the first place. Since it costs money it must make money for you.
3. Claim your Credits of SLR= This doesn't matter what the amount is but whatever it is to be enough to entice people to claim them.
4. Claim creates More Coin vs Cost per coin creating less worth. If you have 33,000,000 coins at .00002345 and suddenly now there are 100,000,000 supply your market cap is lower not higher. This means each share you hold is worth less not more. But that is based on demand from buyers.

You can choose 3 options at this point 5A. 5B. 5C.
5A. Sell your claimed SLR to BitCoin and pay back some of your ROI on the solar panel purchase.
5B. Buy Something with the coins=Merchant transaction=Sells to BitCoin again.
5C. Hold your coin until you either sell it or buy something with it.

6. 5A and 5B causes sell off requires demand for people buying. 5C creates the same as 5A and 5B but waits to make the most bang for the buck.

Even if you gave away Solar Panels for people to buy them with SLR, the Merchants in your economy would be forced to Sell the SLR they accepted for their products going back to BitCoin to pay their employees or their rent.

Lets take that Island of 1,500 people as an example, they are solar powered, they have already paid for their Solar by Selling Stamps. Now you give them SLR for their Solar Output. They decide each person wants to buy Groceries with SLR. They take their SLR to the Grocer and the Grocer puts all the SLR that he gets into a Safe each day. Soon after a few months the Grocer owns all of the SLR but more gets generated each month. So the Grocer now takes all of that SLR too.

What does the Grocer do with all of this SLR? The people need food but they don't have to work to get the SLR so he can't even pay them SLR to get them to do anything for him. Yet the grocer still accepts SLR and in 40 years the grocer now holds the islands massive pool of generated SLR and decides to finally do something with the SLR. It is 98,000,000,000 total. The grocer tries to sell SLR to other countries, yet those countries say we can not order goods from your store since you are on an Island and costs to ship are high. But we will buy from you for .00000002 take it or leave it.

Well this angers the grocer, and the grocer says I gave all my food away for 40 years and you will only give me .00000002 per coin? No one else in the world gives the grocer a better offer so he takes it, anything is better than nothing. So the grocer now has enough money to buy the Sports Car of his dreams and a huge mansion on the hill. Finally this is what that guy y_virtual on BitCoinTalk.org was talking about!!!  The Grocer is living the SLR Dream!!!

Now the country that bought the 98B SLR owns all of it, other than what is generated every month by claims. So they devise a plan, now that they own all of the SLR, where they can exploit the Islands natural resources. They took all of the debt from the Grocer and now buy all of his goods with the SLR being that it is the only currency he takes for the entire island. The Island panics as all of the food is gone!

To save costs the company that bought the 98B SLR just opens a huge warehouse on the island and raise the prices in SLR to sell products back to the island. They do this until they put the Grocer out of business and take over. The Grocer doesn't care either since he has a Mansion and Sports Car and he can also afford to buy food from the country who owns all the SLR. Now the costs of food are more than what the Islanders can generate about 10Million SLR for shaved ice and a fish taco. So the Country that put the Grocer out of business, puts the Islanders to work and pays them with the SLR he bought for .00000002. The Islanders are outraged! But they could starve so they go and work.

The Island is now forced to become industrialized and they need more power so they install Nuclear Reactors for Power to build military products and forge steel with huge foundries.  

Suddenly all of the Islanders say forget it, we can just go back to selling stamps and they lick the problem once and for all.
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 05:50:07 AM

STOP SAYING
YOU MAKE NO SENSE!!!

If you have MORE PEOPLE CLAIMING than there are PEOPLE BUYING the price goes down and it is a BUYERS MARKET not a SELLERS!!!

You cannot be possibly more right... or explain the current and future situation any clearer. But, of course, we have here a more basic problem to solve, before we even attempt to make any sense of this absurd joke. It's called -and evidenced above-, plain STUPIDITY. And, sadly, it abounds here. These holders of that particular banner, somehow have convinced themselves that this thing is going to distribute itself... even after the PROVEN FACT, after more than a year of going in the wrong direction, with results to back it up, that it will not only NOT happen, now or ever, but that the whole shitty project -they make it so- will be obsolete and will more than provable not reach a second anniversary. In other words, they have "a plan" for 40 years when in all likelyhood, the idea itself will not survive year 2. Go figure.

This project needs, FIRST AND FOREMOST, distribution. And yes, that will probably create a "buyer's market" as you put it. But it is unavoidable. And, as it will turn out, beneficial in the end with the MARKET doing the actual distribution: At some price level, speculators, investors, traders, will come in and set the PROPER VALUE at the time of the coin. If you cannot buy anything with it, obviously, value will be ZERO. But that cannot actually be the case for now you can translate ANY digital currency into fiat via gift cards so it will have SOME value all along and the only TRUE judge of value, the market, will set it.

Now, if by some miracle, the holders of the banners -and other banners too-, are somehow able to give this coin some usage at some point along the way, then what we have is a promising project that NOT ONLY, adequately and EFFICIENTLY, promotes solar power creation but IS ALSO a digital currency that serves a purpose as such.

Quite frankly, with the current captains manning the ship, the chances of this being achieved are slim to none... lets just look, for perspective, to the "achievements" of these 15 months. But they do not need to be manning anything, really, when plenty of way more capable hands are ready and available. Solar energy is 1% now in the world. Without Solarcoin, it will be the MAIN source of energy by 2050. Solarcoin can and should grab a piece of that immense pie... by way of becoming and engine in tha spectacular growth just ahead and already heavily in progress.

This will NOT be achieved, clearly, with the holders of the STUPIDITY banner manning the ship.

Thanks I tried to help SLR and now I am helping people understand why it won't work as is. I am not insulting anyone unless they don't get it. So if they feel insulted it isn't my fault.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: