Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:36:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466756 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:08:04 PM

Some SolarCoin stuff going on at the electricchain:

- SunSpec Alliance: SunSpec aims to deliver on communication standardization for inverters/dataloggers, works with 70 solar industry manufacturers and investigating the integration of the pilot Blockchain Datalogger findings ; SolarChange is registering 3.800 solar installs from SunSpec,

Would that mean 3,800 new people claiming solarcoins? Or did i read it wrong.

TIA
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 12:40:29 AM

I still not staking 1 week after moving my coin to my wallet and keeping it open as much as possible.  Sad Huh

Hi,

The number of coin decide the 'possibility of making a block'.

And you can get the staking reward, when you generate new block.

So, If you have small number of coin, you have low chance to generate new block ( Low chance to get the reward)

(The number of coin you are staking )   /   (The total number of stacking coin)  = It is the possibility of making a block of you

Cheers,
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 02:42:11 AM

here is some info on proof stake  http://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-moving-from-pow-to-post-proof-of-stake-time/

Just an FYI, I spoke at NYSSA tonight, small audience so didn't get into solarcoin.  Did have a good meeting with Christopher Taylor from MIT and colleagure Chuck.

nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:05:56 AM

I still not staking 1 week after moving my coin to my wallet and keeping it open as much as possible.  Sad Huh

Hi,

So, If you have small number of coin, you have low chance to generate new block ( Low chance to get the reward)

(The number of coin you are staking )   /   (The total number of stacking coin)  = It is the possibility of making a block of you

Cheers,

So 2000 coins is a low amount of coin?  Embarrassed
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 09:28:40 AM

Hi,

Cheers,

You'll hit a stake with that amount within 2 weeks, if you leave it on long enough. I have a wallet with 2300 coins and it's seen a few stakes over a month period.

sandiman

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:22:10 AM

Hi,

Cheers,

You'll hit a stake with that amount within 2 weeks, if you leave it on long enough. I have a wallet with 2300 coins and it's seen a few stakes over a month period.

Thanks guys for the help. Last question, what do you call long enough. How much times everyday do you open your wallet? Tongue
daniobg

Activity: 232
Merit: 105

Solarcoin.org

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 10:41:52 AM

Thanks guys for the help. Last question, what do you call long enough. How much times everyday do you open your wallet? Tongue

When you open it make sure to not close it - just leave it open and running for long as possible.

SolarCoin – A Global Rewards Program For Solar Electricity Generation       ElectriCChain – The Solar Energy Blockchain Project Site For Climate Change
Solcrypto – A Future Powered By Solar Energy                  

Feel free to tip me!  BTC: 1EGsKEd9gxGVnNKg6hkXREHqGVbirqAUYr   SLR: 8GnTPXj9fAH5xe1247c4MaQxMiQEP5MD7d
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2016, 10:44:35 AM

Hi,

Cheers,

I could be wrong, but correct me:

You (Solarcoin) are on the way to create an ecosystem with staked coins? But how the ecosystem can work, with FEW coins staked over a month? I mean, which is the precise interests for an owner of solarcells, to bring in his profits into solarcoins?

greetz
Steve
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 03:56:35 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

As I mentioned before, I have several 2000 SLR wallets (3 of them, to be more precise), all of them stake 1-2 times daily, with the Wallets running 24/7, and that roughly matches the "Expected time to earn interest" number showing up by the status circle (displaying "Staking") next to the lower right corner of the Wallet application.

But here is another important point we did discuss when the transition from PoW to PoST was happening - in order for the wallet to stake (the status circle showing "Staking" vs "In Sync"), your Wallet must have at least 6 active connections to the SolarCoin network (this is the number displayed at the lower right corner).

How many connections do you have?
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:23:18 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

I could be wrong, but correct me:

You (Solarcoin) are on the way to create an ecosystem with staked coins? But how the ecosystem can work, with FEW coins staked over a month? I mean, which is the precise interests for an owner of solarcells, to bring in his profits into solarcoins?

greetz
Steve

It's based primarily on claims.

sandiman

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 04:42:43 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

As I mentioned before, I have several 2000 SLR wallets (3 of them, to be more precise), all of them stake 1-2 times daily, with the Wallets running 24/7, and that roughly matches the "Expected time to earn interest" number showing up by the status circle (displaying "Staking") next to the lower right corner of the Wallet application.

But here is another important point we did discuss when the transition from PoW to PoST was happening - in order for the wallet to stake (the status circle showing "Staking" vs "In Sync"), your Wallet must have at least 6 active connections to the SolarCoin network (this is the number displayed at the lower right corner).

I always have around 10 connections (right now 11). Nonetheless, It doesn't show me the "expected time to earn interest" by the status circle ? (just say staking)
Scalextrix

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:04:46 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

So you need to have your wallet open and unlocked (thats critical) for as long as possible each day.  So I have ~13k SLR, my wallet is unlocked from 7AM - 8PM and I get on average 1 payout per day, however I do have coins in more than 1 address so that probably helps a bit

SolarCoin Address: 8cESoZyjFvx2Deq6VjQLqPfAwu8UXjcBkK    Gridcoin Address: SAuPu8zarzQykWLGwxc6JRvW3imM8YU9wc
Pinkcoin Address: 2GTnp7oRn2i6KnuwfGaFh1Ps7RZFyDe6nH    MannaCurrency Address: GXDwi6W888jbQZ7a79GTaStxiQsYehisfi
sandiman

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 08:45:38 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

So you need to have your wallet open and unlocked (thats critical) for as long as possible each day.  So I have ~13k SLR, my wallet is unlocked from 7AM - 8PM and I get on average 1 payout per day, however I do have coins in more than 1 address so that probably helps a bit

I'll try again tomorow as much as possible. Thank you guys for the help. Grin
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 10:19:14 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

I always have around 10 connections (right now 11). Nonetheless, It doesn't show me the "expected time to earn interest" by the status circle ? (just say staking)

Just hover the mouse over the status circle and the info-window will pop up.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 12:16:13 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2016, 03:38:20 PM by vipgelsi

Please everyone from the Solarcoin community attend we are trying to get the word out on Solarcoin/electricchain.

Beyond Bitcoin Hangout this Friday. 10:00 EST

https://beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo/  

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22329.msg291151.html#msg291151
sandiman

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 06:51:33 PM

I probably won't stake today ... 11 hours ago I was supposed to stake in 18hours and 11hours after I am supposed to stake in 15hours Sad
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 07:01:34 PM

global solarchange is shortlisted for BlockChain award.  Global SolarChange is a SolarCoin affiliate which is already in an IBM accelerator program among other things.

http://gtec.berlin/announcing-the-shortlist-for-the-gtec-blockchain-innovation-award/

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 07:34:16 PM

I probably won't stake today ... 11 hours ago I was supposed to stake in 18hours and 11hours after I am supposed to stake in 15hours Sad

Hey sandiman,

It looks like you have set up everything correctly. You have to know that the time displayed at the bottom of your wallet is just an approximation. Its very similar to bitcoin mining. you could get a stake in 5 minutes or it might take 10 days. You asked if 2000 Coins is a small amount?
I think thats quite a decent amount. But just check your address on the block explorer. You are probably among the the top 500 holders. Thats HUGE. you don't see it now because the SLR network is still very small. Imagine if it takes off. Imagine you were among the top 500 holders of litecoin. you would be filthy rich right now. So the potential is there for solarcoin.

If you want to stake a lot ( like 15-50 stakes a day) you're going to need to get around 100-200k SLR.
But you need to decide for yourself if it's worth staking 2000 coins 24/7. If you really believe in Solarcoin then it's definitely worth it.
I think you would probably get like 1 stake every 24h
You need to think about power costs.

I run my wallet on a intel PC stick with windows 8 (cost me around 120 Euros). I really recommend this setup.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:50:08 PM

Please everyone from the Solarcoin community attend we are trying to get the word out on Solarcoin/electricchain.

Beyond Bitcoin Hangout this Friday. 10:00 EST

https://beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo/  

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22329.msg291151.html#msg291151

Is this am. or pm.?

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 08:58:56 PM

global solarchange is shortlisted for BlockChain award.  Global SolarChange is a SolarCoin affiliate which is already in an IBM accelerator program among other things.

http://gtec.berlin/announcing-the-shortlist-for-the-gtec-blockchain-innovation-award/

This is so huge for Solarcoin and for the planet in general. Everyone just sort of passed this announcement by like a footnote in history but this is the kind of exposure that's necessary to bring these projects into mainstream acceptance. Great work Nick, and to the everyone at Global Solarchange. This project gets more and more interesting every few weeks now. It won't be long until it'll take me a good afternoon sifting through all of the news articles and project lists this movement has created. I can't wait. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: