Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:51:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:30:15 AM

Trading volume really picked up this week. Nice, this coin deserves more attention.

Still can't get staking to work though.  Sad

Is your balance showing up properly? Is the wallet in synch? And also, what version of the wallet are you running?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
y_virtual

Activity: 377
Merit: 251

Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:45:17 AM

Trading volume really picked up this week. Nice, this coin deserves more attention.

Is your balance showing up properly? Is the wallet in synch? And also, what version of the wallet are you running?

I am testing a similar issue right now - in my specific case, yesterday I imported (into a brand new wallet) a private key from a paper wallet from more than an year ago; it's a relatively large amount; actual staking has not started even though the wallet software reports a "staking" status with an expectancy to earn interest in 16 seconds (v. 2.1.1, has been working & staking just fine with another wallet.dat). Have to check the PoST papers for how much time is needed (if any) for "old" coins to start staking actively.
ToScA-

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 10:57:58 AM

It is. Wallet is synced. Running version 2.1.1.

There's a 'Staking' notice at the bottom of the wallet window...when my cursor is overhead, a prompting text tells me that the 'Expected time to earn interest' is 3 hours..but I've been having the wallet open and in sync for days. I've got 33 active connections as well.

I think I'll try to reinstall the wallet...perhaps resyncing the blockchain is a good diea.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:00:24 AM

There's a 'Staking' notice at the bottom of the wallet window...when my cursor is overhead, a prompting text tells me that the 'Expected time to earn interest' is 3 hours..but I've been having the wallet open and in sync for days. I've got 33 active connections as well.

I think I'll try to reinstall the wallet...perhaps resyncing the blockchain is a good diea.

You may have to delete the peers file. If you had the older software in there before it may have picked up some old peers that weren't working properly while the software engineers were working out those early bugs. It may fix the problem.

ToScA-

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 11:21:31 AM

You may have to delete the peers file. If you had the older software in there before it may have picked up some old peers that weren't working properly while the software engineers were working out those early bugs. It may fix the problem.

Thanks! Basically deleted everything (including the peers file) except the wallet of course. Resyncing now.
dejan_p

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:12:19 PM

i had a similar problem - it was a wallet from 2014 with a solid amount, didn't want to stake.. said expected stake time - 1 second, but nothing ever happened, last version, etc etc

created a new wallet, moved the coins to the new wallet, left it to stake, and it's earning interest normally now

ToScA-

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:37:46 PM

i had a similar problem - it was a wallet from 2014 with a solid amount, didn't want to stake.. said expected stake time - 1 second, but nothing ever happened, last version, etc etc

created a new wallet, moved the coins to the new wallet, left it to stake, and it's earning interest normally now

Well it fully synced yesterday, and staking is still not working. I'll try your approach..appreciate the post, thanks!
y_virtual

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:15:56 PM

Thank you for your suggestion, it's a logical solution. Apparently the wallet software does not "pick" the coins brought into it by importing a cold storage private key - I was not able to make the wallet stake either. Will now submit the issue to the developer.
y_virtual

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:21:31 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2016, 05:52:39 PM by y_virtual

Still can't get staking to work though.  Sad

Well it fully synced yesterday, and staking is still not working. I'll try your approach..appreciate the post, thanks!

Before creating a new wallet and moving the coins to it, can you also try just creating a new receive address in the currently non-staking wallet, and move the coins internally to that new address and let us know if that solves it? I was going to do that to test it and I'm pretty sure it will also do the "trick", but since I am submitting the issue to the developer, he may need to take a look at the non-staking wallet so I'd like to still keep it intact. Thank you!
ToScA-

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 07:38:49 PM

Still can't get staking to work though.  Sad

Before creating a new wallet and moving the coins to it, can you also try just creating a new receive address in the currently non-staking wallet, and move the coins internally to that new address and let us know if that solves it? I was going to do that to test it and I'm pretty sure it will also do the "trick", but since I am submitting the issue to the developer, he may need to take a look at the non-staking wallet so I'd like to still keep it intact. Thank you!

Doh...already created a new wallet and transferred my funds to it before seeing your post just now. Well the new wallet is currently in sync and 'earning stake-time'. Fingers crossed.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 01:39:26 PM

SolarCoin and Affiliates on track for commercial grade technology and partnerships. As many of you know our reward program has been in operation for 2 years. It is primarily a batch process which is quite cumbersome for solar energy generators. The average homeowner is quite over whelmed by downloading a "wallet" putting in an address etc. all for a few dollars worth over solarcoin. http://solarcoin.org/en/form-test/  This should change soon.

To make things easier the foundation created the affiliate program to pushes innovation and local marketing smarts to the edges of our network and the globe. Global SolarChange has just been put into an IBM accelerator program. They will shortly in a week or so launch an easy to claim website.  Behind the scenes we are partnering with some smaller developers to pilot the automatic granting process.  Scaling this from a few hundred people up to hundreds of thousands should be feasible, once we work out the CRM kinks.  The average home owner will receive an e-mail with a click to receive solarcoin from their developer.

This ease of use combined with the capability to partner with large developer and verify at scale is expected to have dramatic impacts on the scale of the estimated 500-1,000 person (node) network that is SolarCoin and the growing solarcoin ecosystem.
http://www.electricchain.org/ibm-alpha-zone-accelerator-chooses-global-solarchange-for-exclusive-20-week-program/

The electricchain which is the location for solarcoin related blockchain tech, is also experiencing rapid advances with hackathons and presentation in Brussels and London going on over the course of the next few days. Observers will include some of the world's largest power producers and leading technologists.  We look forward to growing the size of the network and with it the value of each solarcoin. All of this furthers the mission of incentivizing and growing solar energy production globally for the next 40 years.

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 03:33:23 PM

for those in Brussels on May 30th.  https://electricchain.slack.com/files/francois/F1B25H6ET/electricchain_i_cleantech_vlaanderen.pdf

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 05:09:58 PM

Bravo! Solarcoin community!
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 10:48:17 PM

SolarCoin and Affiliates on track for commercial grade technology and partnerships. As many of you know our reward program has been in operation for 2 years. It is primarily a batch process which is quite cumbersome for solar energy generators. The average homeowner is quite over whelmed by downloading a "wallet" putting in an address etc. all for a few dollars worth over solarcoin. http://solarcoin.org/en/form-test/  This should change soon.

The claimers can always wait until it is worth the time to claim. Don't mean to rain on your parade but this will bring the leaky ceiling into play. Who will buy at that price to make it worth while to claim? I know it can pump to that price but how will it sustain?
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:54:40 AM

The claimers can always wait until it is worth the time to claim. Don't mean to rain on your parade but this will bring the leaky ceiling into play. Who will buy at that price to make it worth while to claim? I know it can pump to that price but how will it sustain?

There's no guarantees. There's only a theoretical approximation of value derived by the value of the technology and the size of the user base.

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 08:26:05 AM

Solarcoin being a pump and dump coin since two weeks. Sad
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:25:02 AM

There's no guarantees. There's only a theoretical approximation of value derived by the value of the technology and the size of the user base.

Understood there is no guarantee, this pertains to the actual statement of the Network Size theory gaining more value. It is always pitched this way. More network nodes more value to the network. It is value as information and interest rather than price, but value in worth to attract solar claimers there must be another exponent. This is what is missing, and it relates to why people would buy SLR instead of buying Solar to claim with. (wasn't this one of the goals?)... Not only that, but now any merchant must also compete with every Solar Claimer to sell back their SLR and this process further exacerbates the leaky ceiling of liquidity rain.

I can understand wanting to get in at 5 or 10 cents but when it goes to 1 dollar or 20 there is only speculation and once the rain comes there is a down pour of coin from people selling their claims month to month. Why is it worth it in the long run if they have to wait 20 years to get their entire claim and wait for a high price to sell? If they sell cheap it won't make a dent in their costs of investing in solar. And the price being where it is and the inevitable deluge of sells that could occur there must be a better reason to buy than just mere speculation.

Granted that when the 98 Billion coin are disbursed and no more claim coin is available would be the only time the Network statement could be true about the size growing value. Any other time it is spurious since it perpetuates a catch 22. Who will support the network for 40 years to pay off all the claimers as the price can't sustain the claiming to get to the 98 Billion extinction event, yet the price is not enough to entice the claiming. The bigger the network the less valuable the coin is until it hits 98 Billion. There still may be no reason to buy at a high price even with the 98 Billion claimed out, but it would be disbursed. At this point it could possibly be traded enough that it would sustain a median price point to hover at but tethered to BitCoin eternally for liquidity.

...40 years... maybe, if it ever breaks the catch 22.

At this point ifloor or nickgogerty should make a 98 Billion extinction event or Red Giant Super Nova worksheet to show how many average households it would take to hit the mark. Then get vip or y_virtual to go door to door and make it happen. lol Smiley Since once the actual last claim for a 20 year payout hits, all coin will be used up and no more claims will occur. SLR can also make a live ticker to the Red Giant event or Super Nova and people will get it easier and may drive the price better and also make it seem like a reachable goal and give a sense of urgency or just make them seem like they contribute to see if the network value will grow, since making it grow faster will help them get paid.

I thought I would contribute a solution also this time but I still don't see why people would buy SLR instead of buying Solar and Claiming unless they buy and sell it high and profit to then buy solar with. If they hedge when it is at $20 they may fall into oblivion and lose their money to buy solar with. Wouldn't that be a doozy!
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 09:26:39 AM

It has to until disbursed. There is no reason to buy unless the price goes up and that is the reason to sell. It is going to be a wild ride buckle up!
Alao

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:00:39 PM

Yea it seems everything we get close to 20000 Satoshi someone dumps. But if you notice the bid keep getting closer and closer to the ask. This puppy is going to explode one of these days. the press releases help as well. We need to get on Poloniex. If that happens the sky is the limit.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
solarcoiner

Activity: 445

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:00:32 PM

Forget poloniex. Lets get SLR on gdax!  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: