Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:42:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
Cannacoin

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=378poNUJbrE

Might be SLR is added soon? Looks nice. Smiley

Yup, we're working on integrating SLR... coming VERY soon.

I want to thank you for working so hard on this. You're helping Solarcoin become a real brand, and making a huge name for yourselves as well at Cannacoin. I sent a small token tip earlier, trust me, there's more coming.

Date: 9/24/2014 22:54
To: CannaCoin Dev 8Q55kAuXekdrXH7BZbMKiVCuwksosiLxpD
Debit: -11.58160524 SLR
Transaction fee: -0.02 SLR
Net amount: -11.60160524 SLR
Transaction comment:
text:Tip from Corather. Awesome job on the wallet!
Transaction ID: b0d964e388217bc07721590cdc77df3630e3fcab3fa6b72a281338ad9637ea98

Did I send that to the right address?

Thanks for your support and kind words, and yes I did get your tip :-D

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freebird

Activity: 414

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:24:34 PM

A few things I want to discuss with the community and get advice on.

No .1:  I've decided to make a test system here at our location that is a stand-alone solar PV system connected to a router. The router is VPN enabled and also has cyber security using WEB SSL support, Firewall, DoS, spoofing prevention, User roles, Password management ICMP, Multicast and VPN filtering.
Basically the solar system will power itself from a battery bank and charge itself from PV panels. I have designed it in a way using worst-case scenarios for its location to have 99.8% uptime because of the battery backup. It will have a HTML5 login to its kWh production, (theoretical) solarcoin generation number since its birth and many other features.
I also think that if you can cost down these systems that are "mining" solarcoin's from the sun and sending information to the solarcoin foundation automatically for granting you are giving more economic utility and access to people anywhere on the planet that have access to the sun. That can't be a bad thing.

lfloorwalker, I want to encourage you to move forward with this and devote resources to it, because I think it's an awesome idea and could be one of the pivotal developments in SolarCoin as we move towards our goal of full automation of the granting process.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:34:07 PM

No .1:  I've decided to make a test system here at our location that is a stand-alone solar PV system connected to a router. The router is VPN enabled and also has cyber security using WEB SSL support, Firewall, DoS, spoofing prevention, User roles, Password management ICMP, Multicast and VPN filtering.
Basically the solar system will power itself from a battery bank and charge itself from PV panels. I have designed it in a way using worst-case scenarios for its location to have 99.8% uptime because of the battery backup. It will have a HTML5 login to its kWh production, (theoretical) solarcoin generation number since its birth and many other features.
I also think that if you can cost down these systems that are "mining" solarcoin's from the sun and sending information to the solarcoin foundation automatically for granting you are giving more economic utility and access to people anywhere on the planet that have access to the sun. That can't be a bad thing.

lfloorwalker, I want to encourage you to move forward with this and devote resources to it, because I think it's an awesome idea and could be one of the pivotal developments in SolarCoin as we move towards our goal of full automation of the granting process.

You know it occurs to me, you mentioned mining from the sun which is accurate. Do you think it would be possible to assign a unique hash, like generate a unique hash, maybe sign the output figure with the wallet signature feature so you know at all times these watts are being produced only from this wallet for example. Maybe this can be introduced into the smart contracts?

freebird

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:35:48 PM

This is the first time, I see this coin and I find it very interesting.
One of very few not created to P&D.
Congratulations! I will follow you Smiley

Welcome to the SolarCoin community! Yes, definitely this coin is meant for a long-term real-world purpose, not pump and dump. One of only a handful that fit that description. Smiley

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
freebird

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 07:37:43 PM

You know it occurs to me, you mentioned mining from the sun which is accurate. Do you think it would be possible to assign a unique hash, like generate a unique hash, maybe sign the output figure with the wallet signature feature so you know at all times these watts are being produced only from this wallet for example. Maybe this can be introduced into the smart contracts?

Imagine the value of the SolarCoin blockchain with a system like that, just in terms of its data content about global energy production! Grin

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:28:37 PM

Imagine the value of the SolarCoin blockchain with a system like that, just in terms of its data content about global energy production! Grin

Yes. Cheesy

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:42:14 PM

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/bitcoins-and-gravy-episode-35-solarcoin-and-south-korea

Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 09:55:04 PM

OMG, I just finished listening. It was really, really good.  Cheesy I wish I could make the whole world listen to it...  Undecided

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:03:00 PM

OMG, I just finished listening. It was really, really good.  Cheesy I wish I could make the whole world listen to it...  Undecided

I get this feeling Solarcoin just moved from the "Solarcoin?" to "Solarcoin, ooh what's that?"

terciops

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:45:34 PM

Excellent interview;  Nick speaks very well.  Now we need that essence as a youtube visual.

SLR - 8dNrncD6mBWzPPQLMRqmk9oCxoC9N7Xfev
freebird

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:00:39 PM

There's a SolarCoin community member who does professional-quality promotional videos and has offered to help us. I'm working on refining a script I wrote a couple months ago which he and his team will turn into a video.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:57:21 AM

Love the podcast. Gets good at 18 minutes in $ Grin
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 07:10:18 AM

Thanks Freebird. If you go here to this link https://twitter.com/solcrypto/status/516748819623464960/photo/1, you can see that we have already finished ordering all components and there is an engineer putting it together now. It should be up and running by the end of October.
After release and a bit of testing I will write a "Proof of concept" paper that I will publish online. I then want to get as much feedback as possible about some of corather's great comments regarding assigning "a unique hash" or "signing the output feature with a wallet signature" as these things would need to be discussed anyway.
As it is a stand-alone PV system, securing the battery (it is 30kg, 100Ah battery) and constantly proving that it is not being charged by any other means other than PV is a security issue to the SolarCoin blockchain. The system has a pyranometer (which measures input solar irradiance) and these precise measurement instruments are not cheap. That can be used to cross-reference the performance ratio of how many kWh is actually being generated by the system.
I currently estimate the system will be producing about 239.3 kWh per year (0.2393§/year). Possibly more but we have some large buildings blocking out medium horizon solar access. I am still completing our PVSYST models and adjusting loss co-efficients for those shading issues.

Thanks,
lfloorwalker

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
lfloorwalker

Activity: 224
Merit: 150

solcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 07:21:21 AM

Yes. Cheesy

Thanks Corather. It will be great to discuss with you once the system is nearing completion, currently scheduled to turn on in October 29th. I want to discuss your ideas about "unique wallet signatures etc..."

-lfloorwalker
"With a deadend heart I set off on a long journey,
Hustling in the rain,
I barely make out my way in the mist,
Will we ever change under a vast sky,
All these years confronted by jeers and mockeries,
Never have I abandoned the dream in my heart."

|Solcrypto|ElectriCChain| SLR Tips: 8Hocu8s8u8FFAyh5ev2qsNmLZYgeiVToHi
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:06:56 AM

Yes. Cheesy

Thanks Corather. It will be great to discuss with you once the system is nearing completion, currently scheduled to turn on in October 29th. I want to discuss your ideas about "unique wallet signatures etc..."

-lfloorwalker
"With a deadend heart I set off on a long journey,
Hustling in the rain,
I barely make out my way in the mist,
Will we ever change under a vast sky,
All these years confronted by jeers and mockeries,
Never have I abandoned the dream in my heart."

I look forward. I'm not a software engineer, but there must be some way to automate a wallet signature so to track each claim by a unique wallet ID, as proof of wallet ownership.

vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:57:52 AM

I love checking every day and seeing 3 less coins a day update.
seerhaad

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:16:25 PM

310000   -   311439   99§
311440   -   312879   96§
312880   -   314319   93§
314320   -   315759   90§
315760   -   317199   87§
317200   -   318639   84§
318640   -   320079   81§
320080   -   321519   78§
321520   -   322959   75§
322960   -   324399   72§
324400   -   325839   69§
325840   -   327279   66§
327280   -   328719   63§
328720   -   330159   60§
330160   -   331599   57§
331600   -   333039   54§
333040   -   334479   51§
334480   -   335919   48§
335920   -   337359   45§
337360   -   338799   42§
338800   -   340239   39§
340240   -   341679   36§
341680   -   343119   33§
343120   -   344559   30§
344560   -   345999   27§
346000   -   347439   24§
347440   -   348879   21§
348880   -   350319   18§
350320   -   351759   15§
351760   -   353199   12§
353200   -   354639     9§
354640   -   356079     6§
356080   -   357519     3§
mazzaneo

Activity: 300

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 12:20:46 PM

If there are any graphic designers out there... I was thinking that a hand out flyer would be a great idea to give out to Solar installers for those customers who are debating to buy a solar installation. The flyer can promote solarcoin rewards with a bit of a introduction to crypto currency 'like bitcoin but free'. Sell them on the idea that the value could sky rocket which = the panels paying for themselves.
We could have it available as a download ready to go to the printers for any country moderators who want to go the extra mile.
If anyone is interested i'll create a solarcoin forum topic where we can throw around marketing and communication ideas and really flesh this thing out.
What do you guys think?

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
vipgelsi
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:05:46 PM

If there are any graphic designers out there... I was thinking that a hand out flyer would be a great idea to give out to Solar installers for those customers who are debating to buy a solar installation. The flyer can promote solarcoin rewards with a bit of a introduction to crypto currency 'like bitcoin but free'. Sell them on the idea that the value could sky rocket which = the panels paying for themselves.
We could have it available as a download ready to go to the printers for any country moderators who want to go the extra mile.
If anyone is interested i'll create a solarcoin forum topic where we can throw around marketing and communication ideas and really flesh this thing out.
What do you guys think?

Great idea.
Cannacoin

Activity: 404

RIP Phil 2015

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 08:01:31 PM

CannaPay Beta 1.0 adds SolarCoin! For a beta invite pleas email me at josh@cannacoin.cc :-)

CCN - Cannacoin - Cannapay - NWGT.tv - TokeTalk.Net - Cannacoin Community Network - Cannashares - A Cryptocurrency & Cannabis Development Team

ONLY DOWNLOAD CANNACOIN WALLET SOFTWARE FROM ORIGINAL POST: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740903.0

Hi Smiley Dec 8th, 2021
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: