Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:35:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] DarkNote. Anonymous 100% PoW CPU+Untraceable Crypto Messages+GUI Client!  (Read 113633 times)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:30:26 PM

Hi everyone, really awesome project!

the only think that seems to be a bit troublesome is your emission-rate.
320.000 coins per block and a half life period of ~1 month. early adopters have a really huge advantage here.
do you mind to explain your thinking behind it?

greetings
criptix 

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
TheUsualStuff

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:51:23 AM

320.000 coins per block and a half life period of ~1 month. early adopters have a really huge advantage here.

greetings
criptix 

I think the choice of this style of emission was to make a few possibly miffed individuals on bitcointalk happy that they had access to the emission from the genesis block, even if not all of them knew about it. Other than that, I think the speedy emission was to prevent the coins from ending up in botnets hands and subvert the entire process of botnets in general. Maybe dNote or someone else can explain it better?

Personally I see this more like a PoS coin with a PoW distribution, only it's a PoS coin without staking. I don't think you can have a PoS system due to how CryptoNote is designed, so this is what we have. That's the best benign answer I could come up with for myself though, in order to get past economic details and observe the technical ones.

I, for one, am extremely interested in this messaging system. I found the white paper a bit confusing, does anyone with a good grasp on how the messaging system works wish to explain how it works in a slightly easier to understand language than the whitepaper?

dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:37:00 AM

greetings
criptix 

Thank you for your question, it was discussed many times, but i should make new
DarkNote economy explanation infographics

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:44:15 AM

greetings
criptix 

I think the choice of this style of emission was to make a few possibly miffed individuals on bitcointalk happy that they had access to the emission from the genesis block, even if not all of them knew about it. Other than that, I think the speedy emission was to prevent the coins from ending up in botnets hands and subvert the entire process of botnets in general. Maybe dNote or someone else can explain it better?

Personally I see this more like a PoS coin with a PoW distribution, only it's a PoS coin without staking. I don't think you can have a PoS system due to how CryptoNote is designed, so this is what we have. That's the best benign answer I could come up with for myself though, in order to get past economic details and observe the technical ones.

I, for one, am extremely interested in this messaging system. I found the white paper a bit confusing, does anyone with a good grasp on how the messaging system works wish to explain how it works in a slightly easier to understand language than the whitepaper?

In simple words:

Messages are stored in transaction extra field, like PayLink (Payment ID), but encrypted. Sender encrypt his message with recipient private key (only recipient know his key), message is sent like any other DarkNote/CryptoNote transaction, so it is anonymous, untraceable and  even the fact that message was send is unknown.
Recipient "looks" at encrypted extra field and decrypt only his message.

So DarkNote messages are:

-anonymous
-untraceable
-"invisible"
-Mixed with other messages
-Transferred via p2p PoW ASIC resistant decentralized DarkNote network

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
paladin281978

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 12:17:03 PM

what is it?

nuxxer

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:40:28 PM

this coin is profitable, but I often lose coins.
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:49:31 PM

Does anyone know if there is a richlist available?
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 06:56:02 PM

i will follow this one now Wink
i thinks price normally for this coin in future around below 500 sat

what you think ?
kkraus69

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:58:01 PM

Does anyone know if there is a richlist available?

This is an anonymous cryptonote coin and I am pretty sure this also makes it impossible to follow a rich list. Privacy is a good thing. We have to look at the advantages this cryptocurrency gives and its potential. With everything I see, I am in 100% Smiley
kkraus69

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:00:47 PM

i will follow this one now Wink
i thinks price normally for this coin in future around below 500 sat

what you think ?

For sure! Even higher in the future. We are in the digital age where trillions worth of fiat currency will find its way there...
joewills

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:23:03 PM

GUI looks great... when is it coming out?

It is under active development, i hope you will see it in next 5-10 days.

Cryptography tests are almost done and cryptography that is described in DarkNote whitepaper, will be public very soon.

The price will BOOM between Oct 3rd and Otc 8th.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:25:33 AM

Cryptography tests are almost done and cryptography that is described in DarkNote whitepaper, will be public very soon.

let see later . how you can say like that ?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:36:36 AM

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because joewills mined the shit out of ducknote during the first couple months of its existence when about 75% of all the coins that will ever exist were mined, and now he's got like a billion coins that he's looking to dump on some lucky new "investors".
kkraus69

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:35:45 AM

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because joewills mined the shit out of ducknote during the first couple months of its existence when about 75% of all the coins that will ever exist were mined, and now he's got like a billion coins that he's looking to dump on some lucky new "investors".

Lucky new investors like the one who traded two pizzas for 10,000 Bitcoins from Laszlo as seen here?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.msg1195#msg1195
I wish I had those 10,000 Bitcoins for two large pizzas that cost whoever made them somewhere between 10 and 12 US dollars of fiat currency in ingredients and overhead if the shop was doing well. What is going to happen when Satoshi and Draper dump all their coins?It's not going to happen. It's all about the ingenuity and smarts set out behind the coin and in the future road plan of it.

That's okay... I have millions of DarkNotes that only cost a couple of Bitcoins which I bought from someone 'dumping' them on the exchange. DarkNote is on its way to be the best cryptonote coin available. XDN is set for a great future no matter how I look at it.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 06:19:16 AM

Lucky new investors like the one who traded two pizzas for 10,000 Bitcoins from Laszlo as seen here?
I wish I had those 10,000 Bitcoins for two large pizzas that cost whoever made them somewhere between 10 and 12 US dollars of fiat currency in ingredients and overhead if the shop was doing well. What is going to happen when Satoshi and Draper dump all their coins?It's not going to happen. It's all about the ingenuity and smarts set out behind the coin and in the future road plan of it.

That's okay... I have millions of DarkNotes that only cost a couple of Bitcoins which I bought from someone 'dumping' them on the exchange. DarkNote is on its way to be the best cryptonote coin available. XDN is set for a great future no matter how I look at it.

That's a good point, we need a canonical DarkNote Pizza delivery to cement our status as a Real Coin (and get Ars/Reddit's attention).

Who wants eternal bragging rights for buying and eating delicious Legendary Pizza that will someday retroactively cost trillions of fiat things?

I'll start the bidding at 75k XDN for two medium pies.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kkraus69

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:01:48 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 07:14:42 AM by kkraus69

That's a good point, we need a canonical DarkNote Pizza delivery to cement our status as a Real Coin (and get Ars/Reddit's attention).

Who wants eternal bragging rights for buying and eating delicious Legendary Pizza that will someday retroactively cost trillions of fiat things?

I'll start the bidding at 75k XDN for two medium pies.   Cool

Good Idea lol. Hopefully we both get pizzas! I like all of the zeros of the Bitcoin pizza. Let's add another and I will offer 100,000 XDN for two large pizzas. We can meet at 7-11 where I will transfer the funds anonymously. It's a fair deal tonight however it may turn out be be a good profit for someone in as little as a week from now. I am on the south-west coast of BC, Canada and can already taste it!   Smiley
joewills

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:35:11 AM

Do U know what do you said?
1billion XDN is worth 30BTC @3sat.
Now it is worth 400BTC. 
If U are me, Will U cost more than 30BTC=15K USD to buy the shitcoin and hold on more than 3 month?
I am a student in Tokyo.I mine a little coin by my notebook .
I still mine it now.
joewills

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:56:30 AM

If U will buy XDN with 30BTC when the price is low.
please buy DASH or IF8 with another 30BTC.
Believe it and wait more than 3 months,the price will *11.
What do U think about it?
TheUsualStuff

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:33:20 AM

In simple words:

Messages are stored in transaction extra field, like PayLink (Payment ID), but encrypted. Sender encrypt his message with recipient private key (only recipient know his key), message is sent like any other DarkNote/CryptoNote transaction, so it is anonymous, untraceable and  even the fact that message was send is unknown.
Recipient "looks" at encrypted extra field and decrypt only his message.

So DarkNote messages are:

-anonymous
-untraceable
-"invisible"
-Mixed with other messages
-Transferred via p2p PoW ASIC resistant decentralized DarkNote network

Thanks a lot for the simple explanation!

By what method is the message "invisible"? Does this mean that the tx_extra field from a transaction without a message is indistinguishable from one with a message in it? Do all transactions have a filled tx_extra field? So, when it's mixed with other messages through the ring signature, you wouldn't know if one had a message or not? Also, how long can the total message be?
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:36:21 AM

Does anyone know how many wallets are live, or how big the current userbase of DarkNote is?
As I was told the anonymous aspect of DarkNote prevents a richlist, but it would be very useful information if we could know how many people are actually using/stacking XDN,
and if this number has been rising steadily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: