Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:01:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] DarkNote. Anonymous 100% PoW CPU+Untraceable Crypto Messages+GUI Client!  (Read 113633 times)
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:47:12 AM

goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:54:14 PM

trying to get the simplewallet/darknoted running on my mac...i have downloaded the blockchain from mega...but cant figure out where to put the two files in the zip..any help would be great!

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:58:42 PM

trying to get the simplewallet/darknoted running on my mac...i have downloaded the blockchain from mega...but cant figure out where to put the two files in the zip..any help would be great!

I think mac is the same as linux, which I think should be in a hidden folder in your home/user directory called ".darknote", so path would be like:
Code:
/home/yourUserName/.darknote

If you've already run darknoted, then this folder should already exist.
goblynn

Activity: 292

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:10:22 AM

I think mac is the same as linux, which I think should be in a hidden folder in your home/user directory called ".darknote", so path would be like:
Code:
/home/yourUserName/.darknote

If you've already run darknoted, then this folder should already exist.

awesome thank you!

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:12:20 AM

Why the recent dump?

Just an early bird taking profits.
exoexo

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:34:22 AM

Hello, guys.
Disclamer: I don't want to mess up with you, i just want to understand. I wanted to try some CryptoNote coin and did some research. It seems that bytecoin has some serious reputation issues, so i don't wanna be a part of it, then i checked out monero, and recently - i found this darknote coin of yours. I like its features, i just don't understand, why so little people know about you and mine darknotes?
Monero has community so huge it hurts when i try to read their endless threads. And they don't have a GUI client, which was unexpected for me. I don't see any crucial advantages of monero over darknote. But i'm new.
Naive question to ask but still - are XDN any good?
Official website is a little bit too fucked up to be really official, isn't it?
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 02:05:44 PM

Hello, guys.
Disclamer: I don't want to mess up with you, i just want to understand. I wanted to try some CryptoNote coin and did some research. It seems that bytecoin has some serious reputation issues, so i don't wanna be a part of it, then i checked out monero, and recently - i found this darknote coin of yours. I like its features, i just don't understand, why so little people know about you and mine darknotes?
Monero has community so huge it hurts when i try to read their endless threads. And they don't have a GUI client, which was unexpected for me. I don't see any crucial advantages of monero over darknote. But i'm new.
Your first message and you hit the problem right in the face, man. You're not supposed to take anyone's word, but i give you mine - xdn is a nice coin, it has potential and it definitely has future. But xmr - these guys have community. Darknote features are actually better, than Moneros, but somehow these guys got an enormous crowd. I sometimes wonder myself, why xdn doesn't have it like that. We even decided to launch a website(yes, official one is a mess), where guys like you could find any information, but it's baby steps.
I hope we'll launch it in April.
If you have any ideas or questions, you can pm me or write here.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:41:00 AM

Hello, guys.

As someone who holds some darknote, boolberry, and monero, I think there are a couple of reasons that monero has a greater level of interest/marketcap/trade volume/etc.

1) The development team appears to actually be a team, several members of which are well-known (within the cryptocurrency world), particularly fluffypony and tacotime, and several of which have disclosed their irl identities, at least fluffypony (richard spagniola (sp?)) and davidlatapie (david latapie). dNote claims that there is a team of folks working on the dark duck, but he is the only one who ever posts or commits on github, and he is an unknown in terms of bitcointalk/irc/crypto world and as well as irl identity. The monero team is quite active as a whole (the sum of all members contributions) on bitcointalk, irc, github, reddit, their own websites, etc., whereas dNote posts maybe once a week or two on bitcointalk, has no irc presence, and seldom updates the website or github repo. I think boolberry and cryptozoidberg are even worse in this regard, with practically no updates or interactions with miners, speculators, or others interested in the coin.

2) The distribution of darkducknote coins was extremely rapid compared to monero (and especially compared to boolberry). dNote has offered various rationales for disbursing 85% of all coins that will ever exist when the network hashrate was 1/20 or 1/100 of monero's network at the same time, but I think to a lot of people it smells like an instamine and seems a bit scammy. Before it switched from duck to darknote, around 85% of coins ever to exist were mined in approximately 3 months. Granted, its not as bad as shadowcoin and it's ilk that had a few days or weeks of PoW before switching completely to PoS, but I think it's along the same lines in the minds of at least some people interested in cryptonotes.

Anyway, as the person before me said, "You're not supposed to take anyone's word...". The activity level of the development team is fairly easy to verify, as well as the number of coins in circulation and the network hashrate at any point in time (using the graphs at minergate or chainradar). In my opinion it's these two factors (transparency and activity of team and coin emission) that led to monero dominating the cryptonote space at the moment.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:19:14 AM

Hello, guys.

As someone who holds some darknote, boolberry, and monero, I think there are a couple of reasons that monero has a greater level of interest/marketcap/trade volume/etc.

1) The development team appears to actually be a team, several members of which are well-known (within the cryptocurrency world), particularly fluffypony and tacotime, and several of which have disclosed their irl identities, at least fluffypony (richard spagniola (sp?)) and davidlatapie (david latapie). dNote claims that there is a team of folks working on the dark duck, but he is the only one who ever posts or commits on github, and he is an unknown in terms of bitcointalk/irc/crypto world and as well as irl identity. The monero team is quite active as a whole (the sum of all members contributions) on bitcointalk, irc, github, reddit, their own websites, etc., whereas dNote posts maybe once a week or two on bitcointalk, has no irc presence, and seldom updates the website or github repo. I think boolberry and cryptozoidberg are even worse in this regard, with practically no updates or interactions with miners, speculators, or others interested in the coin.

2) The distribution of darkducknote coins was extremely rapid compared to monero (and especially compared to boolberry). dNote has offered various rationales for disbursing 85% of all coins that will ever exist when the network hashrate was 1/20 or 1/100 of monero's network at the same time, but I think to a lot of people it smells like an instamine and seems a bit scammy. Before it switched from duck to darknote, around 85% of coins ever to exist were mined in approximately 3 months. Granted, its not as bad as shadowcoin and it's ilk that had a few days or weeks of PoW before switching completely to PoS, but I think it's along the same lines in the minds of at least some people interested in cryptonotes.

Anyway, as the person before me said, "You're not supposed to take anyone's word...". The activity level of the development team is fairly easy to verify, as well as the number of coins in circulation and the network hashrate at any point in time (using the graphs at minergate or chainradar). In my opinion it's these two factors (transparency and activity of team and coin emission) that led to monero dominating the cryptonote space at the moment.

Good posts! XDN is definitely a good bet for a secondary cryptonote, and probably ahead of bbr now,  which is in third place. I own some of all three. If xmr takes off so will XDN ... pepsi/coke type of thing
exoexo

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:05:16 AM

Your first message and you hit the problem right in the face, man. You're not supposed to take anyone's word, but i give you mine - xdn is a nice coin, it has potential and it definitely has future. But xmr - these guys have community. Darknote features are actually better, than Moneros, but somehow these guys got an enormous crowd. I sometimes wonder myself, why xdn doesn't have it like that. We even decided to launch a website(yes, official one is a mess), where guys like you could find any information, but it's baby steps.
At least it's good to know that there are some real people, who really care. Thanks for the answer. I don't have any experience to advice you something, but as a new member i could tell darknote definitely needs a website, faq or wiki and everything like that, so people like me wouldn't feel just lost in the ocean of information.
Good luck!
exoexo

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:18:10 AM

Thanks a lot, really good and understandable points.
Actually that kind of emission fits well if they really were going to launch PoS/PoW hybrid right from the start and it would definitely make sense, but suspicions make sense as well. Another thanks for the final tips, i'll look into it.
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:23:28 AM

At least it's good to know that there are some real people, who really care. Thanks for the answer. I don't have any experience to advice you something, but as a new member i could tell darknote definitely needs a website, faq or wiki and everything like that, so people like me wouldn't feel just lost in the ocean of information.
Good luck!
Thank you, luck is always appreciated.
Hope you'll try xdn sometime. Not a best day/week for xdn. Could be a good time to buy though, hah.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 07:17:52 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 07:59:42 AM by smooth

why so little people know about you and mine darknotes?

The rewards are so low now it hardly makes sense to mine.
Xian_XDN

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 11:02:26 AM

Yes, DarkNote reward halves every 11000  blocks. The minimum block reward is 150 XDN.
It's a part of XDN smart economy strategy.
It was done to bring the major (more than 70%) of XDN coin units to the free cryptocurrencies market in the first year with the Proof-of-Work mining. The idea behind this is tDarkNote value and price should be ruled only by free open markets, not several big stakeholders/miners like it's done in other cryptocurrencies.

But also, PoW/PoS Hybrid scheme will be implemented soon.

exoexo

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 01:33:26 PM

Yes, DarkNote reward halves every 11000  blocks. The minimum block reward is 150 XDN.
It was done to bring the major (more than 70%) of XDN coin units to the free cryptocurrencies market in the first year with the Proof-of-Work mining. The idea behind this is tDarkNote value and price should be ruled only by free open markets, not several big stakeholders/miners like it's done in other cryptocurrencies.

No, it doesn't make sense. Huge percentage of coins was mined during first couple of months(i looked through stats), and it seems like this is work of these "several big stakeholders".
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:47:45 PM

No, it doesn't make sense. Huge percentage of coins was mined during first couple of months(i looked through stats), and it seems like this is work of these "several big stakeholders".

its seems like you only got 14 posts and what your telling makes no sence at all, aka  FUD

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 06:58:30 PM

XDN was at one point only about 3 sats on market, do not assume big bags means massive mining. I mined a bit in the beginning, but got the majority from market, from early miners selling at low amounts. It has balanced out nicely.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:39:57 PM

Subscribed.
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:03:05 AM

Dear XDN friends,
   We are happy to  announce that we are moving ahead with DarkNote wallet development and with the whole XDN dev process (PoS implementation,  aliases, etc).
As for now we are happy to introduce the new, improved DarkNote Client version.
Lots of fixes:
1. Better client interaction 
2. Advanced XDN address verification:
   -checking CN address compatibility
   -checking prefix
   -checking XDN address compatibility
3. Better work with .keys, easy .keys searching
4. In and Out Messages marked.
5. Instant TX hash
6. Mining stability improved. Linux version mining improved.
6. Lots of stability improvements.

Windows 64 version https://mega.nz/#!0FxXSYhC!WYBLNp4bdK9ENnKYPYgeM18v9vUYHMLerGIhCh8Q4H4
OSx version https://mega.nz/#!YMYFETyT!AcokWGv6AwaB8uUjY_2Gq_Kdd3cmdIRb7fNgx0qx_0o
Linux version https://mega.nz/#!ANZwyILY!LWuIdWwQ0w_yV7dDHomL89LBSzr7k2nQc2wNyXHvL-w

Happy mining and trading,  stay tuned, BIG, better say, HUGE updates are coming.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
The Greedy Dev

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:16:12 AM

Dear XDN friends,
   We are happy to  announce that we are moving ahead with DarkNote wallet development and with the whole XDN dev process (PoS implementation,  aliases, etc).
As for now we are happy to introduce the new, improved DarkNote Client version.
Lots of fixes:
1. Better client interaction 
2. Advanced XDN address verification:
   -checking CN address compatibility
   -checking prefix
   -checking XDN address compatibility
3. Better work with .keys, easy .keys searching
4. In and Out Messages marked.
5. Instant TX hash
6. Mining stability improved. Linux version mining improved.
6. Lots of stability improvements.

Windows 64 version https://mega.nz/#!0FxXSYhC!WYBLNp4bdK9ENnKYPYgeM18v9vUYHMLerGIhCh8Q4H4
OSx version https://mega.nz/#!YMYFETyT!AcokWGv6AwaB8uUjY_2Gq_Kdd3cmdIRb7fNgx0qx_0o
Linux version https://mega.nz/#!ANZwyILY!LWuIdWwQ0w_yV7dDHomL89LBSzr7k2nQc2wNyXHvL-w

Happy mining and trading,  stay tuned, BIG, better say, HUGE updates are coming.

How long will it be until you implement the aliases?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: