Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] DarkNote. Anonymous 100% PoW CPU+Untraceable Crypto Messages+GUI Client!  (Read 113643 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 11:56:23 PM

the name was changed to ripoff darkcoin

Darkcoin didn't invent the adjective and wasn't the first to use it to mean 'hidden.'

Before DRK, there was already

Darknets ("Originally coined in the 1970s")
Dark web
Dark internet
Dark fiber
Dark matter
Dark energy
Dark flow
Dark horse
Going dark

And stop whining about "unfair" distribution.  XDN are still cheap to buy and easy to mine.  Anyone was, and still is, free to mine XDN since the moment it launched, which makes it perfectly fair.  Your preferred preset patterned distribution is not compatible with freedom. 

When you conflate fairness (equality of opportunity) with equality of outcome, you sound like an economically illiterate Marxist Free Shit Army parasite who never heard of Pareto's 80/20 rule.  Didn't your mom tell you the early bird catches the worm?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:12:19 AM

You can't post one time without calling someone names, can you? If you don't have anything meaningful to say, just call people names I guess.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 12:39:51 AM

Darkcoin didn't invent the adjective and wasn't the first to use it to mean 'hidden.'

Before DRK, there was already

Darknets ("Originally coined in the 1970s")
Dark web
Dark internet
Dark fiber
Dark matter
Dark energy
Dark flow
Dark horse
Going dark

Cry  Cry  Cry  BOO HOOZ iCEBREAKER WUZ MEAN TO ME OMG I'M SO SAD AND BUTTHURT   Cry  Cry  Cry

You act like a dumbass so you get called a dumbass.  Too bad if that hurts your pweshious widdle fee-fees.

I notice you have no response to the meaningful substantive parts of my post, wherein I demolished your accusation that DarkNote is a "ripoff" of Darkcoin and destroyed your false conflation of equality of outcome with equality of opportunity.

Why is that, jwdumbass?  Are you unable to put on your big boy pants, shrug off a bit of ad hom, and backup your dumbass claims?

That's fine if you can't.  Just stay in the corner and pout.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 12:48:56 AM

Really now. We all know the name is a ripoff of DARKcoin, just as Darkcoin is (and many others are) a ripoff of BitCOIN. Neither invented that particular word, but they introduced it and popularized it on this space.

I'm not sure why this matters though. It is a pretty weak criticism of the coin if that's all you can come up with.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 01:09:06 AM

Really now. We all know the name is a ripoff of DARKcoin, just as Darkcoin is (and many others are) a ripoff of BitCOIN. Neither invented that particular word, but they introduced it and popularized it on this space.

I'm not sure why this matters though. It is a pretty weak criticism of the coin if that's all you can come up with.

The cybernetic sense of "dark" has existed since the 1970s, when Darknets became a thing.

It's fair to say both DRK and XDN are inspired by their Dark net/web antecedents.  I never GAF about Darkcoin, and there is no proof dNote did either. 

Darknote is the perfect name for a cybernetic system that allows passing of hidden notes, in both the monetary (5 pound note) and textual (did you get my note) senses of the word.

Either way, you're right that it's a pretty weak criticism.  jwdumbass needs to get some better FUD or this thread will get boring.   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:25:33 AM

The cybernetic sense of "dark" has existed since the 1970s, when Darknets became a thing.

It certainly has, but Darkcoin has been the most visible "anonymous" coin for quite some time, by a wide margin. Just as the word coin has been around for millennia, but Bitcoin popularized its use as a suffix in crypto name construction. As I said before, it is possible this is all coincidence. It is probable that it is not. But still, who cares. Nobody criticizes Namecoin on the basis that it ripped off the coin suffix from Bitcoin.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 01:43:28 AM

It certainly has, but Darkcoin has been the most visible "anonymous" coin for quite some time, by a wide margin. Just as the word coin has been around for millennia, but Bitcoin popularized its use as a suffix in crypto name construction. As I said before, it is possible this is all coincidence. It is probable that it is not. But still, who cares. Nobody criticizes Namecoin on the basis that it ripped off the coin suffix from Bitcoin.

I just don't see any good reason for dNote to try and ride Darkcoin's coattails.

XDN has real anon transfers and messaging, while DRK has shitty fake vaporware anon obfuscation.

IMO XDN is a great name not because but *despite* the dilutive association with/similarity to DRK.

Maybe jwdumbass is a DRK baghloder, and that's why XDN seems like a "ripoff" from his biased perspective?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:49:43 AM

I just don't see any good reason for dNote to try and ride Darkcoin's coattails.

XDN has real anon transfers and messaging, while DRK has shitty fake vaporware anon obfuscation.

DRK is far better known, more visible, has much higher market cap (some might well be fake though, I'll grant that) and more users. Whatever you or I or dNote might think about its technical merit and perhaps long term viability, it is very important in the market now and no one can deny that.

kkraus69

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:57:48 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 02:08:15 AM by kkraus69

lol I didn't realize how brilliant it is @iCEBREAKER and it all came with dNote's team planning ahead. I'm just noting the uses of 'Note' to  DarkNote... anonymous messages and $ all rolled into one! It can't be done with 'coin', can it...

DarkNote: A perfect name with only eight letters. Next we will probably have 'someone' here accusing d of ripping off the English alphabet. lol or the Czech, Slovak...

Edit:   My mistake, I found this on the WWW:

'To coin a phrase' is now rarely used with its original 'invent a new phrase' meaning but is almost always used ironically to introduce a banal or clichéd sentiment. This usage began in the mid 20th century; for example, in Francis Brett Young's novel Mr. Lucton's Freedom, 1940:

"It takes all sorts to make a world, to coin a phrase."

Has someone been planning this since the mid 1900's?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:39:01 AM

I mentioned the name in passing, the post was about the distribution of coins and dNotes assertions that it is held by thousands of people, which i find dubious, but please, carry on name calling and discussing the name.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:51:33 AM

I mentioned the name in passing, the post was about the distribution of coins and dNotes assertions that it is held by thousands of people, which i find dubious, but please, carry on name calling and discussing the name.

Look here jwdumbass, nobody said you could come out of the dunce corner.

You didn't "mention the name in passing" you (on several occasions) accused dNote of "ripping off DarkNote" and "riding DarkNote's coattails" even after being gently corrected.

We are not dumbasses like you, and remember what your dumbass said in the past:

The fact remains that you completely ripped off darkcoin's name; it makes you seem like one of those lame ripoffs (bitcoindark, litecoindark, darktoken, etc.)

Sir, please, be polite.
We did not "ripped" darkcoin`s name.
We made a plan with UCK->ARK transformation long ago.

That is why duckNote had "d", while DarkNote has "D". And there is no other coin than DarkNote who deserves to be called Dark. Please, stop that name wars, we do not use "coin", we use completely different technology, we made significant improvements from scratch. We act honestly. 

Not sure why you think I'm being impolite. It's just a fact that Darkcoin existed months before duckNote, and before duckNote announced their name change there was a plethora of ripoffs (besides the ones I mentioned above, there is darkcash, darkblock, dogecoindark, and probably more), and now you decide to become the bajillionth crypto to put "dark" in your name. It's a ripoff, that's just what it is. You had a unique name and branding, and now it appears you've decided to abandon that and try and ride the coattails of Darkcoin. Good luck with that.

Good luck with being a dumbass, dumbass.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:52:38 AM

assertions that it is held by thousands of people, which i find dubious

The mining part is probably dubious, but is it implausible that thousands of people have bought it on exchanges, even if just for speculative purposes? It has been somewhat of an exciting coin to trade at times, and crypto exchanges have a pretty large audience.

Considering both mining and exchange speculators I can't really rule out thousands, can you?

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:37:10 AM

assertions that it is held by thousands of people, which i find dubious

The mining part is probably dubious, but is it implausible that thousands of people have bought it on exchanges, even if just for speculative purposes? It has been somewhat of an exciting coin to trade at times, and crypto exchanges have a pretty large audience.

Considering both mining and exchange speculators I can't really rule out thousands, can you?

I can't rule out thousands, but I haven't really seen any convincing evidence that it is thousands either. After counting up the number of poster people here, looking for any other forums that may exist, looking at the hashrates, and watching trade volume over the past several months, I'm really not sure that duck/darknote has achieved a much better distribution than bytecoin. They are both at similar points in their emission schedule, 88% and 74% of coins emitted for bytecoin and duck/darknote, respectively, with apparently a couple hundred people interested enough to make their voices heard on a forum.

iCEBREAKER, have you actually spent your entire life on an icebreaker? Is that why you're such a socially maladept person with a sailor-like vocabulary?
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:43:17 AM

Hey, cant we all just get a long? No childish playground name calling please Smiley

In other news. I just bought another 50K of XDN and gave away 20K. Fun times Smiley

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
joewills

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:42:32 AM

New DarkNote wallet will be available soon, hope next of next week, with lots of improvements and "Dark" Style.

Awsome.Is The dead line  Oct. 17 th?
a Long long time.
がんばってください.
joewills

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 11:44:02 AM

the next vison is 0.99b and not 1.00
tjc

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 01:09:56 PM

Where is the best place to find a useful and updated discussion on darknote?
joewills

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:00:22 PM

twitter.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:18:24 AM

Err ... this here is ... up to date. And contains some suitable sailor's language, so for the cultural experience very recommendable  Cool
tjc

Activity: 145

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:26:03 AM

Err ... this here is ... up to date. And contains some suitable sailor's language, so for the cultural experience very recommendable  Cool

the iCEBREAKER jwintern side show was detracting a bit - better now
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: