Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:36:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] DarkNote. Anonymous 100% PoW CPU+Untraceable Crypto Messages+GUI Client!  (Read 113637 times)
joewills

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:00:28 PM

Hybrid PoW/PoS implementation. 17 weeks.
DarkNote mobile wallet. 12 weeks.
Aliases. 9 weeks.
Multisignatures. 4 weeks.
DarkNote web wallet. (JavaScript cryptography implementation). 2 weeks.
GUI client improvements. Every day. Frequently updated.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:06:05 PM

Today we announce DarkNote XDN Hybrid Proof-of-work/Proof-of-stake (Hybrid PoW/PoS) development. The very first PoS implementation for CryptoNote coins.

Oh look, DarkNote is doing what Cloak failed to do after months of trying!  I better let them know.   Grin

On the downside, I'll have to either remove XDN from my whitelist or change the 100% POW requirement.    Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
joewills

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:11:33 PM

Today we announce DarkNote XDN Hybrid Proof-of-work/Proof-of-stake (Hybrid PoW/PoS) development. The very first PoS implementation for CryptoNote coins.

Oh look, DarkNote is doing what Cloak failed to do after months of trying!  I better let them know.   Grin

On the downside, I'll have to either remove XDN from my whitelist or change the 100% POW requirement.    Undecided

DarkNote is always well ahead of the all CN-coin.
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:14:42 PM

Oh look, DarkNote is doing what Cloak failed to do after months of trying!  I better let them know.   Grin

On the downside, I'll have to either remove XDN from my whitelist or change the 100% POW requirement.    Undecided

We will always keep Proof-of-work!
The goal is to make network very secure, environment, user and investors friendly.
Proof-of-Work phase is going now and PoS will be added when block rewards will be near min_block rewards value.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:19:21 PM

Technically you might want to remove VIA as well, since greater than 10% of the total coin supply was sold, rather than distributed by PoW. Anyway, nice to see more innovation promised from dNote. Will be interesting to see how staking is implementing while maintaining anonymity.
shojayxt
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:22:50 PM

How are they ahead?  All they did was make an announcement about something that isn't even due to be released for over four months.  Lot's of Big announcements and nothing done.  Yawn... 
joewills

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:25:49 PM

How are they ahead?  All they did was make an announcement about something that isn't even due to be released for over four months.  Lot's of Big announcements and nothing done.  Yawn... 
XMR is a big boss of CN-coin.
Long long ago, they announced that they will create GUI wallet.
Now,Where is the GUI wallet of XMR?
dNote (OP)

Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:26:32 PM

Thank you, especially for you i will make a comparison between CN coin in near days.

briefly: 1.Advanced Cross platform GUI 2.Encrypted messages.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 05:50:15 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 06:15:11 PM by iCEBREAKER

I'd say XDN, XMR, and BBR are tied for first place depending on which features are important to you.

XMR is best for those of us who don't GAS about GUI and want security from Timewarp, etc. attacks.

BBR's light footprint is very nice if you are on Granny's old laptop.

XDN is the only game in town if you like anon msg and a GUI.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
ikanunaki

Activity: 149

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:52:13 PM

I think it's the first time since December 2013 that took in the scene of the crypto I see the adds there met both deadlines and quality.
With that spirit of honesty and compliance with the community has a feeling your project with success.

Great work and congratulations dNote

My XDN address: xdn.io/name/ikanunaki
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:26:38 PM

Oh look, DarkNote is doing what Cloak failed to do after months of trying!  I better let them know.   Grin

On the downside, I'll have to either remove XDN from my whitelist or change the 100% POW requirement.    Undecided

We will always keep Proof-of-work!
The goal is to make network very secure, environment, user and investors friendly.
Proof-of-Work phase is going now and PoS will be added when block rewards will be near min_block rewards value.

Great Job!! Thank you!

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:28:29 PM

I'd say XDN, XMR, and BBR are tied for first place depending on which features are important to you.

XMR is best for those of us who don't GAS about GUI and want security from Timewarp, etc. attacks.

BBR's light footprint is very nice if you are on Granny's old laptop.

XDN is the only game in town if you like anon msg and a GUI.

The GUI right now is the most important. More users will flock to this tech/coin if it's "easy" out of the box.
Updates via GUI would be even better, no messy downloads to worry about.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
BanditryAndLoot

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:42:03 PM

ducky,

Your updates are very welcomed. Congratulations on discovering a method by which you can move the original cryptonote infrastructure to a PoS system.

I am still wondering how to retrieve my very long pgp message from your system? Your GUI does not seem to provide the means yet, as I cannot figure out how to get more than a few characters of the message.

Should I continue waiting, or am I using your software wrong? Cheesy

And it's only at the end of fall, that we discover it was naught but the wind that knew when one particular leaf was to fall from one particular tree, only to land in one distinct spot .. to be left for an eternity, and waste its time in a wait sublime. C0A2A1C4
joewills

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:28:30 AM

price still so low.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:08:58 AM

price still so low.

I hope price stays relatively low and we see volume go up as well. Looking at the price and volume data on poloniex, you can see that on XDN's highest day of trading volume ever, there was about 40 BTC of volume at an average price XDN price of 32 satoshi - this means about 125M XDN changed hands. 125M is a small fraction of the 6500M XDN in existence, about 2%. Typical volume is more like 3 BTC, which at current prices means only about 15M XDN are changing hands per day. Considering half of all XDN were mined in the first month when the network hashrate was pretty low, I'm not convinced that there isn't a few people holding a large percentage of the total coin supply. Volume does seem a bit higher on Hitbtc, but still on the highest volume day there were ~375M XDN sold. I think low price leading people to sell isn't a bad thing in light of the  rapid emission, especially since there is no way (apparently/supposedly) to do blockchain analysis to see how many people/addresses own how many coins in cryptonotes.

Implementing proof-of-stake (depending on the interest rate in comparison with the rewards from PoW at that point) could lead to a rich get richer scenario, if there are a few wallets holding massive amounts of coins, a high staking/interest rate, and only 150 XDN per block PoW reward. I'm very interested to see how PoS can be implemented when there is not really anyway, afaik, to determine how many coins an address is holding. How do your coins gain staking weight when the network can't see which address they're in?
srmojuze

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 07:11:20 AM

Excellent.
arniebaby

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:14:15 AM

price still so low.

I hope price stays relatively low and we see volume go up as well. Looking at the price and volume data on poloniex, you can see that on XDN's highest day of trading volume ever, there was about 40 BTC of volume at an average price XDN price of 32 satoshi - this means about 125M XDN changed hands. 125M is a small fraction of the 6500M XDN in existence, about 2%. Typical volume is more like 3 BTC, which at current prices means only about 15M XDN are changing hands per day. Considering half of all XDN were mined in the first month when the network hashrate was pretty low, I'm not convinced that there isn't a few people holding a large percentage of the total coin supply. Volume does seem a bit higher on Hitbtc, but still on the highest volume day there were ~375M XDN sold. I think low price leading people to sell isn't a bad thing in light of the  rapid emission, especially since there is no way (apparently/supposedly) to do blockchain analysis to see how many people/addresses own how many coins in cryptonotes.

Implementing proof-of-stake (depending on the interest rate in comparison with the rewards from PoW at that point) could lead to a rich get richer scenario, if there are a few wallets holding massive amounts of coins, a high staking/interest rate, and only 150 XDN per block PoW reward. I'm very interested to see how PoS can be implemented when there is not really anyway, afaik, to determine how many coins an address is holding. How do your coins gain staking weight when the network can't see which address they're in?
I agree but the low price I feel encourages the hoarding of XDN, this is a very small community compared to other alts so while the price is low a relatively small number of people are buying large volumes of cheap XDN, for the real progress to be made XDN needs some marketing to raise it's profile, the XDN distribution and price can't and won't take off until more people are attracted to it.

NARNIE-YYITR3-V6BVJ7-GGR5EO-GRIZZ2-WEMD4A-AAUD
NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
joewills

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:19:02 AM

price still so low.

I agree but the low price I feel encourages the hoarding of XDN, this is a very small community compared to other alts so while the price is low a relatively small number of people are buying large volumes of cheap XDN, for the real progress to be made XDN needs some marketing to raise it's profile, the XDN distribution and price can't and won't take off until more people are attracted to it.

As U said.
  ►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed

More movement,more user.
Create high value.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 03:47:33 PM

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  100% built from scratch • revolutionary forging mechanism • fairly distributed

More movement,more user.
Create high value.

Ya, that's all great but what we *really* need is a spiffy mascot...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 04:09:39 PM

DarkNote Duck is a Classy Dude. Nice!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: