Bitcoin Forum
February 21, 2018, 07:42:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 [1812]
  Print  
Author Topic: [45+PH] KanoPool kano.is 10 BTC giveaway 🐈  (Read 5102551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fjtropepe

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:12:14 PM

Its not about getting more miners to mine at this pool...

Instead of spending time trying to get more miners, spend some money and get more hardware yourself.

I guess not everyone agrees with you...  Grin
No I agree with Biffa.
It's about getting the hash rate up a lot.

While adding losta small miners means more hash rate, we don't want to fall behind the Diff rate rising, we want to get ahead of it a lot.
The only way I can see that happening is getting a number of large miners on board - but that wont be a lot of miners.
This will only attract a small number of miners, but make a big difference to the pool if we do get some.

Biffa's idea works also, but I don't think everyone is trying to keep up with the Diff changes, so we need to keep ahead of them somehow.
Break it down for me. It is blowing over my head. If you wanted to add 1000 S9s what is the difference between 1 person owning them and 1000 different owners. We all get paid for our share relative to the whole pool, not the number of owners correct? Or am I wrong?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perfectplus174

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:14:28 PM

Its not about getting more miners to mine at this pool...

Instead of spending time trying to get more miners, spend some money and get more hardware yourself.

I guess not everyone agrees with you...  Grin
No I agree with Biffa.
It's about getting the hash rate up a lot.

While adding losta small miners means more hash rate, we don't want to fall behind the Diff rate rising, we want to get ahead of it a lot.
The only way I can see that happening is getting a number of large miners on board - but that wont be a lot of miners.
This will only attract a small number of miners, but make a big difference to the pool if we do get some.

Biffa's idea works also, but I don't think everyone is trying to keep up with the Diff changes, so we need to keep ahead of them somehow.
Break it down for me. It is blowing over my head. If you wanted to add 1000 S9s what is the difference between 1 person owning them and 1000 different owners. We all get paid for our share relative to the whole pool, not the number of owners correct? Or am I wrong?

Because it would be adding that much more to the total network hash rate instead of convincing that already existing hash to move pools. More hash is more hash, but it would be ideal to not add more to the network to keep the diff lower.

Nothing happens until something moves.
fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:15:08 PM

What I was referring to with Biffa is getting more miners here on this pool and getting more of the network hashrate. Not going out and adding to the hashrate. He (Biffa) is stating that we should go out and "add" to the hasrate and thus add to the increased difficulty. I would rather take from the current total network and transfer a larger percentage over to us. That is why I am asking after he (Kano) said he agreed with Biffa.
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:16:25 PM

What I was referring to with Biffa is getting more miners here on this pool and getting more of the network hashrate. Not going out and adding to the hashrate. He is stating that we should go out and "add" to the hasrate and thus add to the increased difficulty. I would rather take from the current total network and transfer a larger percentage over to us. That is why I am asking after he said he agreed with Biffa.

Either works, but the latter would be best.

perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:19:42 PM

I'm curious who has the least amount of hash and has found a block here on Kano Pool.

fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:21:18 PM

I'm curious who has the least amount of hash and has found a block here on Kano Pool.

Depends on the year you are talking about.
perfectplus174

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:22:16 PM

Depends on the year you are talking about.

Valid point. Let's go with 2017 or the last 88 blocks on the list.

rifleman74

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:24:12 PM

Because it would be adding that much more to the total network hash rate instead of convincing that already existing hash to move pools. More hash is more hash, but it would be ideal to not add more to the network to keep the diff lower.

That's it right there...existing miners instead of brand new hash.  That makes much more sense for all.  I'd expect to see some big movers coming over in the next week. 
Shazam!!!

Activity: 168
Merit: 107

If I were a Chord, I'd be...A Miner!!!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:33:55 PM

That's it right there...existing miners instead of brand new hash.  That makes much more sense for all.  I'd expect to see some big movers coming over in the next week. 

That's the whole idea, behind my signature. There are tons of AntMiner owners, who are preprogrammed with disaster, and they
don't know any better. They hear Ant, and they figure it's gotta be the best. A little bit of educational promotion, can go along way.
Once they know they can earn more outside of their comfort zone, they'll want to make the switch.

Are you a Miner LOSING Your Money???
Learn the Truth about Big Company Mining Pools!!! Be Part of The BTC Community!!!
Support Mining Pools That Care!!!   Kano's Pool -ck's Pool  Jonny's Pool   p2pool   mmpool BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
kano
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1014

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:35:49 PM

What I was referring to with Biffa is getting more miners here on this pool and getting more of the network hashrate. Not going out and adding to the hashrate. He (Biffa) is stating that we should go out and "add" to the hasrate and thus add to the increased difficulty. I would rather take from the current total network and transfer a larger percentage over to us. That is why I am asking after he (Kano) said he agreed with Biffa.
The reason why Biffa is correct is that if no one was increasing their hash rate, then the pool falls behind the "Diff Curve"

Yes of course adding to the "Diff Curve" ourselves pushes the "Diff Curve" up, but in reality that isn't the case,
since if we don't, then someone else will buy those miners and push the "Diff Curve" up.

There's been no lack of available buyers for available new miners for a long time.
i.e. you haven't been able to slow down the "Diff Curve", by abstaining from buying miners, for a long time.

Indeed getting large miners to move over from somewhere else is the best solution, but once we have some over here, we can't say:
'OK that's it, we don't need to keep up with the "Diff Curve"'

Pool: https://kano.is Here on Bitcointalk: Forum BTC: 1KanoPb8cKYqNrswjaA8cRDk4FAS9eDMLU
FreeNode IRC: irc.freenode.net channel #kano.is Majority developer of the ckpool code
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with full block verification on all blocks - and NO empty blocks!
fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:45:18 PM

The reason why Biffa is correct is that if no one was increasing their hash rate, then the pool falls behind the "Diff Curve"

Yes of course adding to the "Diff Curve" ourselves pushes the "Diff Curve" up, but in reality that isn't the case,
since if we don't, then someone else will buy those miners and push the "Diff Curve" up.

There's been no lack of available buyers for available new miners for a long time.
i.e. you haven't been able to slow down the "Diff Curve", by abstaining from buying miners, for a long time.

Indeed getting large miners to move over from somewhere else is the best solution, but once we have some over here, we can't say:

Well, hopefully, it will slow down here. There have been new S9s available from Bitmain for over a week now. We need to tackle this issue and stay on top of it. Glad to have you in charge and we all really appreciate your support here.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1014

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:47:51 PM

Well, hopefully, it will slow down here. There have been new S9s available from Bitmain for over a week now. We need to tackle this issue and stay on top of it. Glad to have you in charge and we all really appreciate your support here.
I'd expect (without much doubt about being correct) that Bitmain mines with their miners before they send them out ...

Pool: https://kano.is Here on Bitcointalk: Forum BTC: 1KanoPb8cKYqNrswjaA8cRDk4FAS9eDMLU
FreeNode IRC: irc.freenode.net channel #kano.is Majority developer of the ckpool code
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with full block verification on all blocks - and NO empty blocks!
fjtropepe

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 11:51:04 PM

I'd expect (without much doubt about being correct) that Bitmain mines with their miners before they send them out ...

No way.... The audacity...  Tongue
perfectplus174

View Profile
Today at 01:12:15 AM

That's either a block I heard cracking or this piece of shit chair I'm sitting in...

rifleman74

Activity: 140

View Profile
Today at 03:08:54 AM

That's either a block I heard cracking or this piece of shit chair I'm sitting in...

Time for a new chair!

MINE ON WITH KANO-SAN! 
BTfd2e93

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
Today at 06:18:03 AM

yes .. they call it "QA testing" ... lol

not to mention all the "dust" they get. .. cos all their miners are configured to point to their pool by default out of the box.  so when a newbie miner plugs it in .. while trying to figure out which pool to point to .. and setting up the accounts ... those couple of hours all add up ...
AerialGopher

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
Today at 06:28:06 AM

yes .. they call it "QA testing" ... lol

not to mention all the "dust" they get. .. cos all their miners are configured to point to their pool by default out of the box.  so when a newbie miner plugs it in .. while trying to figure out which pool to point to .. and setting up the accounts ... those couple of hours all add up ...
Just do what I did, create own VLAN, do not give it internet access, then configure S9's then enable internet access.   But i knew that it was "preconfigured" before I got them.  They never got one hash out of me.
minergain.com

Activity: 133

Free mining equipment tracking and reporting

View Profile WWW
Today at 06:33:11 AM

My idea would be to target the millions of workers on Antpool that just aren't taking the time to realize there are other options. So many people I'm sure, just leave their rigs on Antpool because it's bitmain. Bitmain pushes the pool on their site, so I don't see why we couldn't take out some ad space somewhere. I'll chip in on the first run at Minergain if he's open to posting it. But imagine if a graphic were posted on some of these difficulty sites where people track it, or on the bitcoin news sites, any exposure is better than none IF and only if your goal is to bring more people in. Get people talking.

Minergain let me know what some ad space would run on your page and we'll work something out. Again, I know this isn't the fix for what some would argue isn't even broken. I'm happy here at Kano or else I wouldn't be here like many of you. I enjoy the community, even though we argue, we don't see eye to eye, and everyone has their own opinion. But what I can suggest is, if I'm helping a newb anywhere on Bitcointalk in some other random thread and have a signature banner etc. pointing them to Kano, where I mine, they may just ask about it. They might finally google PPLNS and realize there are other options. Who knows, but it's worth a shot. I'm simply trying to bring ideas to life. Someone here said we needed graphics.

I also have no qualms with the site, which is why two of the graphics have a strikingly similar color style to them from the kano site. *tip of the hat* It won't look weird if they saw the graphic color scheme first, it would all tie together.
Hi guys. I am on vacation this week and had a couple minutes to check a couple  posts and saw minergain. I will review all this next week and Sorry for the show response.

And this is EXACTLY what it's about! Taking back from the corporate monsters, who subliminally slip their pool into everything.
When I made my signature back in December, that's what I was promoting for: Help the smaller pools, and the community they
represent. If, and when, you hear back from Minergain, please let me know. I too, would like to contribute towards marketing
Kano's pool. For now, I'm going to post the sh*t out of your banners on the groups I'm in on social media.

www.minergain.com - Free miner equipment tracking and reporting
Pages: « 1 ... 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 [1812]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.