Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:29:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping)  (Read 107983 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:38:36 AM

I guess thats the whole point regarding AM's strategy. ... They got a massive amount of chip to unload, the rest depends on you/the community.

Still lots of chips to unload? Also the community owns nothing to AM. It's their job to get their stuff right.

... you're critical about any company which isn't STech.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 08:38:56 AM

So this is really underclocked tube, nothing new in the unit ?

There are new things in the unit, if others want to believe it or not is another thing.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8034

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:57:13 AM

There are new things in the unit, if others want to believe it or not is another thing.

If there is anything new, it will be in bold and italics in Dogie's comprehensive guide Wink

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 12:35:14 PM

I have 10 prismas coming soon to me.
Can anyone help me to get ready to set them up ?
what is the USB port for ?

The USB lets you not use the AM Controller that everyone dislikes. You can then use the USB to a Rasp Pi, BBB, or whatever to mine.
meccoin4me

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:32:55 PM

is it still possible to order them for october shipping??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:43:25 PM

i think yes
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:46:19 PM

So what's necessary to get MinePeon working with Prisma? Just the appropriate USB driver for Prisma, and where to get it?

How many Prismas could possibly be connected to one control unit running MinePeon?

It really comes down to the control unit, if the Prisma is a go or no-go.

If you have shell access, you should be able to grab ASICMiner's branch of cgminer(once it's available), build cgminer, and replace the cgminer binary with your custom build. API calls should be unchanged, so the web interface should work. ASICMiner recommends a maximum of 4 Prismas per RPI.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Master One

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:32:02 PM

OK, not so sure about MinePeon any more, which has last been updated in March.

What about Minera?

Or is there any other miner OS with web-GUI else to be considered?

Where will AM's branch of cgminer be hosted (github?), and when will it be available?
Will it be kept up-to-date with the official cgminer source (to not have the Bitmain situation all over again)?

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:37:18 AM

I was generalizing. Could be new design. I don't know enough. But the main driver for efficiency is more chips at lower load.
sdjernes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:16:33 AM

I know for most users the following question is a non-issue.

Let me explain why it is a issue for me. I rent rigs out via MRR. I have 16 Antminers currently and each unit has its own user on MRR. This lets me more granularly set pricing and see how rigs are doing. I don't mess in the altcoin space, but am willing to let miners who understand these things pay for hash time.

So here is what I want to know:

1. Can I run 2 Prisma on a single RPi (or Cubietruck) and then assign them to  different  pools/users with one instance of cgminer?

2. Do they get distinct IDs so feasibly you could start cgminer specifying the device to use?

Thanks
CrazyGuy
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:58:10 AM

I know for most users the following question is a non-issue.

Let me explain why it is a issue for me. I rent rigs out via MRR. I have 16 Antminers currently and each unit has its own user on MRR. This lets me more granularly set pricing and see how rigs are doing. I don't mess in the altcoin space, but am willing to let miners who understand these things pay for hash time.

So here is what I want to know:

1. Can I run 2 Prisma on a single RPi (or Cubietruck) and then assign them to  different  pools/users with one instance of cgminer?

2. Do they get distinct IDs so feasibly you could start cgminer specifying the device to use?

Thanks

I don't believe cgminer supports tying a pool to a device within one instance. You could load balance over multiple pools, but it would be sending a percentage of work from both devices to each pool.

You can start up an instance of cgminer with only the devices you specify by using the "--usb" option. You can then run an instance of cgminer for each Prisma. I am unsure of how many cgminer instances an RPi can handle.

Master One

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:08:02 AM

If you have shell access, you should be able to grab ASICMiner's branch of cgminer(once it's available), build cgminer, and replace the cgminer binary with your custom build. API calls should be unchanged, so the web interface should work. ASICMiner recommends a maximum of 4 Prismas per RPI.

OK, after this reply from Mineras' developer I'm very optmistic.

Now it all comes down when AM / friedcat will publish the source code for their patched cgminer fork. Any info on that?

Because if I order a bunch of Prismas I want my control units (Raspberry PI with Minera) be ready when the Prismas arrive for immediate deployment.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:29:04 AM

We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon.
The Novak has the outline and research ready to go if need be. :-)

Now it all comes down when AM / friedcat will publish the source code for their patched cgminer fork. Any info on that?

Because if I order a bunch of Prismas I want my control units (Raspberry PI with Minera) be ready when the Prismas arrive for immediate deployment.

Master One

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:44:29 AM

We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon. The Novak has the outline and research ready to go if need be. :-)

Wasn't the Prisma development crowd funded? Any funds left for letting the Minera developer prepare a ready to use image for use with Prismas?

I'm sure a solution will present itself with more and more people jumping on the Prisma train, and I eagerly awaiting more news on that.

area3121

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:54:24 AM

We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon. The Novak has the outline and research ready to go if need be. :-)

Wasn't the Prisma development crowd funded? Any funds left for letting the Minera developer prepare a ready to use image for use with Prismas?

I'm sure a solution will present itself with more and more people jumping on the Prisma train, and I eagerly awaiting more news on that.

many are willing buy., no one is standing out .. many are just watching
Master One

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:57:16 AM

many are willing buy., no one is standing out .. many are just watching

Any you think the reason is?

CrazyGuy
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:13:25 PM

We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon.

I am providing a RPI image for my customers. If there is interest, I will include the Minera user interface.

Master One

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

I am providing a RPI image for my customers. If there is interest, I will include the Minera user interface.

And that's the problem, I am here in Europe and it would not make any sense to participate in your group buy because it would mean twice the shipping costs (China to USA and USA to Europe) + customs duty & handling + VAT (if applicable on your import from China to the USA).

I'm clearly better off ordering a set of 10 Prismas directly from China, but I nevertheless do not want to have to reinvent the wheel with creating my own RPI image, which surely applies for a lot of others as well.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 02:59:20 PM

I was generalizing. Could be new design. I don't know enough. But the main driver for efficiency is more chips at lower load.

Its not.

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:42:05 PM

That would be great. You always do a good job as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: