Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:28:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184068 times)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:31:29 PM

I edited my post, but in case you don't see it right away:

The network depends on coins being broken down into smaller pieces, but if your coins are in too many pieces then you'll never be able to stake all your coins in a single day. Check coin control (enable it in settings > options > display tab) in the send tab to see how your coins are broken down in the wallet, and their current age.

As for how many coins to send, depends on how many you have. Whatever you do send will immediately lose all their weight right now, so you'll stop staking as much, so that will be an important consideration. I'd suggest half, but check coin control and see try and find a reasonable balance from there.

Where is coin control?

got it: Check coin control (enable it in settings > options > display tab) in the send tab to see how your coins are broken down in the wallet, and their current age.

I see this now. So I understand I can chhose exactly which coins I'm sending to myself this way? And that chunks them for better staking?

Sorry for all the newb questions but this is new territory for me. I've never worked with a scrypt POS coin before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:33:13 PM

The network depends on coins being broken down into smaller pieces, but if your coins are in too many pieces then you'll never be able to stake all your coins in a single day. Check coin control (enable it in settings > options > display tab) in the send tab to see how your coins are broken down in the wallet, and their current age.

As for how many coins to send, depends on how many you have. Whatever you do send will immediately lose all their weight right now, so you'll stop staking as much, so that will be an important consideration. I'd suggest half, but check coin control and see try and find a reasonable balance from there.

Where is coin control?

got it: Check coin control (enable it in settings > options > display tab) in the send tab to see how your coins are broken down in the wallet, and their current age.

Wink

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:38:38 PM

I just checked the code. Yeah, the network weight algorithm completely ignores blocks mined with POW, and yet the actual difficulty of staking takes the current POW difficulty into account.

Wheezy-

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:41:57 PM

Where is coin control?

I see this now. So I understand I can chhose exactly which coins I'm sending to myself this way? And that chunks them for better staking?

Sorry for all the newb questions but this is new territory for me. I've never worked with a scrypt POS coin before.

If you do send coins to yourself, choose coins that just recently minted and would otherwise be immature anyways, that way you don't miss out on much minting time.

But if you keep staking in small portions now, each time you stake that's one less POW block as well.
Wheezy-

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:43:49 PM

please add the block explorer link to the OP when you get a chance, thanks
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:44:37 PM

Where is coin control?

If you do send coins to yourself, choose coins that just recently minted and would otherwise be immature anyways, that way you don't miss out on much minting time.

But if you keep staking in small portions now, each time you stake that's one less POW block as well.

So I'm the one ruining it for the miners, which is funny because I'm a miner--at least for the next couple hours. Would one seed be a large enough chunk? I'll try to consolidate some of mine over the next day or so. And how many chunks would be ideal? Maybe 4, about one every six hours?
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:54:05 PM

I've tried restarting a few times with no positive results. 2091 blocks to go

Did you try this fix from this message: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=795954.msg9129679#msg9129679 ?

Thanks, that seemed to do it!

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 09:58:21 PM

Where is coin control?

So I'm the one ruining it for the miners, which is funny because I'm a miner--at least for the next couple hours. Would one seed be a large enough chunk? I'll try to consolidate some of mine over the next day or so. And how many chunks would be ideal? Maybe 4, about one every six hours?

4 is good going into growth for sure, making sure to account for having enough age then. Right now it's negligible. You're actually earning more off your seeds doing it the way you are now than you would be if they were in larger chunks, because of the minimum staking reward.

It's complicated, I can't really suggest what to do. You're in an interesting position. It's quite a game. For example, if you were to go into growth as you are now, you wouldn't actually grow very many coins, but you'd make it difficult for other people to grow their coins either. It's something I hadn't considered. There's so many elements at play here. I just have no idea what's going to happen. Only time will tell.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:08:29 PM

Where is coin control?

4 is good going into growth for sure, making sure to account for having enough age then. Right now it's negligible. You're actually earning more off your seeds doing it the way you are now than you would be if they were in larger chunks, because of the minimum staking reward.

It's complicated, I can't really suggest what to do. You're in an interesting position. It's quite a game. For example, if you were to go into growth as you are now, you wouldn't actually grow very many coins, but you'd make it difficult for other people to grow their coins either. It's something I hadn't considered. There's so many elements at play here. I just have no idea what's going to happen. Only time will tell.

This is very interesting. One more question. Let's say I do four chunks. Is it important that I time them six hours apart in terms of time? Or could I say, do this over two or three days, around the same time each day? Say I have 4 seed, and I decide to break it down into four chunks of one seed each? Would it make a difference if I consolidated at the same time each day, say 9am? or is it better to make sure it's at different times each day?
travis72682

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:09:28 PM

Which you probably shouldn't have done in the earlier post.. Can anyone do the math and tell me for certain That the growth period will be at least 24 hours from now? That is all im really concerned about..

edit: right now looks like about 2 blocks a minute, at that rate ill be ok right?  will that rate grow though?

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:18:17 PM

Which you probably shouldn't have done in the earlier post.. Can anyone do the math and tell me for certain That the growth period will be at least 24 hours from now? That is all im really concerned about..

edit: right now looks like about 2 blocks a minute, at that rate ill be ok right?  will that rate grow though?

I didn't really take that as advice so much. I realize that there are some key parts of the fundamentals which I don't understand so it makes decision making a bit tricky. If someone can point me to a good article on how POS scrypt coins work, I'd read it for sure. Later tonight I may dig for one myself.
travis72682

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:31:03 PM

hehe, Im not talking about you. I split off a chunk of my seed. I regret doing it I think but dont really understand it either. I just know that the more ppl stake, the faster we will get to growth period, and if your seed hasnt been sitting for 24 hours it doesnt stake.   

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 10:35:23 PM

It's sped up because of the staking blocks, which aren't accounted for in the mining difficulty which keeps the timing at 1 minute apart. The larger the % of staking blocks, the sooner the end will come. @ 50% of the blocks staked, the end will come twice as fast. Staked blocks will throttle down after that, and it'll even out. So whatever happens, the end wont come any sooner than 30 hours from now

travis72682

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:38:33 PM

So whatever happens, the end wont come any sooner than 30 hours from now.

As long as you are certain about this than that is sweet. As for splitting up into 6 hour blocks I wouldnt do that then Tongue

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 10:40:57 PM

As long as you are certain about this than that is sweet. As for splitting up into 6 hour blocks I wouldnt do that then Tongue

Yeah, it's rough. It's a guessing game at this point. If everyone moves coins now, the staking % of blocks will start to drop and growth will come later.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:43:27 PM

Yeah, it's rough. It's a guessing game at this point. If everyone moves coins now, the staking % of blocks will start to drop and growth will come later.

I sent one chunk to myself, so took some of my staking coins out of action. The question is when do I do the next one? In about six hours? Sometime tomorrow? Do I want the number of confirmations spread evenly throughout the day? Or more or less around the same time each day? Questions, questions, questions... But anyway, it seems to me consolidation would be best to prepare for growth period.
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:44:02 PM

So here's a question... why is my stake weight is far greater than the network weight?  Also, the wallet has displayed "Expected time to earn reward is 1 second" for the past several hours without receiving a stake. 

I'm curious what those numbers actually mean in general. Also, so far the only amount I've received in stake has been 0.00001. What determines the staking reward itself?

Stake weight is a combination of your coins you hold that are in a single block and then how long has passed. Blocks compete in POS for the highest stake weight for who signs it. If yours is above the network, you should get a reward. If you are newly staking, you would have a low stake weight vs the network as you need to wait your turn for your reward.

For the past hour or so my weight has been higher than the network. Also bigger amounts are going into the "stake" section and the 0.00001 rewards are getting more frequent. But they are always 0.00001. That's the part I don't understand--how no matter what amount of coin goes into the "stake" section, the reward is the same but I get more of them. It would just help to understand the formula behind it.

I sent a big chunk of seed to my wallet and it ended up with a stake reward of 0.00030136 and then 0.00005479  So it is possible to get a larger amount.

GoldMin.es

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 10:48:37 PM

my stakes keep saying Generated but not accepted when i put my mouse over the transaction in the wallet. every single one of them.

anyone else? also please check before you just say no. go to transactions and click transaction details and see the status.

this is what i keep getting on EVERY stake piece coming in.

Date: 10/8/2014 09:42
Source: Generated
Debit: 0.00 SEED
Net amount: -0.002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxx

Generated coins must mature 120 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

Date: 10/8/2014 15:42
Net amount: -0.0020002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxx

Generated coins must mature 120 blocks before they can be spent. When you generated this block, it was broadcast to the network to be added to the block chain. If it fails to get into the chain, its state will change to "not accepted" and it won't be spendable. This may occasionally happen if another node generates a block within a few seconds of yours.

i urge everyone to take a look at their transaction details and check.. i thought everything was going smooth until i saw this. and its every single piece of stake that comes in. what is going on?
travis72682

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:04:40 PM

my stakes keep saying Generated but not accepted when i put my mouse over the transaction in the wallet. every single one of them.

anyone else? also please check before you just say no. go to transactions and click transaction details and see the status.

this is what i keep getting on EVERY stake piece coming in.

Date: 10/8/2014 09:42
Net amount: -0.002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxx

Date: 10/8/2014 15:42
Net amount: -0.0020002 SEED
Transaction ID: xxxxxx

i urge everyone to take a look at their transaction details and check.. i thought everything was going smooth until i saw this. and its every single piece of stake that comes in. what is going on?

I have some that failed, but some that didnt also

cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 11:06:59 PM

Some failing is normal. A lot of failures is not impossible, but rather unlikely. It's difficult to say while we're still in POW, as that could be part of the issue, but I want to confirm you can stake at least some blocks before growth.

Do the standard checks, make sure you're running 10.0.2 (if you're running a linux build off github, those have their own versioning as it turns out. You'll want v0.9.1.0-52-g255d38d if you're running a linux build)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: