Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184070 times)
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:40:28 PM

Does anyone know when minerpools disabled their payouts? I'm a bit worried that they won't have them re-enabled until it would be too late for the coins to mature fully in my wallet before the growth period begins.

Lifeforce pools pays out like clockwork.. 

When there is a wallet issue and payouts stop, they are usually restarted immediately after the fix is in place.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wheezy-

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:59:56 PM

The high rollers I'm sure don't want this disclosed, but take a look and the block explorer and rich list. Most of the top invested have not staked any coins. I asked myself why.

Ask yourself why.

As coins age, they collect weight, this weight increases chances to stake, but also how much your stake is actually worth. If it's always 1% it doesn't matter. But we're about to hit 269%.

But what happens when someone unlocks their wallet with 5 days of weight with 26 seeds on block 10101? How much will that added weight affect their day one payout?

The person with 26 seeds is doing it. And the reason is that he will significantly increase his day 1 payout, and hence his total share of the coin.

Everyone should keep that in mind going forward, some individuals may massively increase their coin share through the growth. Just by how much, I don't know.
james42

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:55:27 PM

All not staking coins and increasing your weight will do is put you towards the front of the line for staking rewards. All coins should get their % reward regardless of how network weight. There is obviously an advantage to getting your reward coins earlier as when it's all done you are in a position to sell earlier. However there is also an advantage to staking now, as a) you increase your holding, and b) you reduce overall coin supply.

I can see an advantage in stopping staking 24 hours before the last PoW block, so you can get right in there and grab your reward coins early on the first (and subsequent days)
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:07:12 PM

The high rollers I'm sure don't want this disclosed, but take a look and the block explorer and rich list. Most of the top invested have not staked any coins. I asked myself why.

Ask yourself why.

As coins age, they collect weight, this weight increases chances to stake, but also how much your stake is actually worth. If it's always 1% it doesn't matter. But we're about to hit 269%.

But what happens when someone unlocks their wallet with 5 days of weight with 26 seeds on block 10101? How much will that added weight affect their day one payout?

The person with 26 seeds is doing it. And the reason is that he will significantly increase his day 1 payout, and hence his total share of the coin.

Everyone should keep that in mind going forward, some individuals may massively increase their coin share through the growth. Just by how much, I don't know.

All not staking coins and increasing your weight will do is put you towards the front of the line for staking rewards. All coins should get their % reward regardless of how network weight. There is obviously an advantage to getting your reward coins earlier as when it's all done you are in a position to sell earlier. However there is also an advantage to staking now, as a) you increase your holding, and b) you reduce overall coin supply.

I can see an advantage in stopping staking 24 hours before the last PoW block, so you can get right in there and grab your reward coins early on the first (and subsequent days)

Wheezy, that is definitely a new strategy I have not thought of. Looks like most of the top wallets have staked except for exchanges and #1 wallet with 26, #5 with 15. It's just another strategy that could result in being beneficial for this person, or not. Whereas most of us are working to decrease the coin supply, there are obviously a few that will be aiming to increase it.

James42, trying to stop staking now and building that weight is def not a bad idea. No big deal if the miners get those extra blocks anyways as most of those coins will not be mature by growth.

Man, so many variables, so many strategies, so many ways this coin can go. This is no doubt the most interesting coin to have ever been launched. The end results are going to be interesting to see. When Cryptzo first said that this coin depends solely on what people decide to do with it, I did not realize what he meant, until now. Bravo.

It's like a game of chess, Cryptzo you could launch one of these a month, and I would play each and every time just to see the end results. Some I am sure, I'd lose, but something tells me, 90% of the time, the patient holders would win.

james42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:18:34 PM

Well I think there are probably about 25-26 hours left of mining. So not long to decide. I personally am going to stop staking in an hour or so.
Wheezy-

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:23:02 PM

Ask yourself why.

Wheezy, that is definitely a new strategy I have not thought of. Looks like most of the top wallets have staked except for exchanges and #1 wallet with 26, #5 with 15. It's just another strategy that could result in being beneficial for this person, or not. Whereas most of us are working to decrease the coin supply, there are obviously a few that will be aiming to increase it.

James42, trying to stop staking now and building that weight is def not a bad idea. No big deal if the miners get those extra blocks anyways as most of those coins will not be mature by growth.

Man, so many variables, so many strategies, so many ways this coin can go. This is no doubt the most interesting coin to have ever been launched. The end results are going to be interesting to see. When Cryptzo first said that this coin depends solely on what people decide to do with it, I did not realize what he meant, until now. Bravo.

It's like a game of chess, Cryptzo you could launch one of these a month, and I would play each and every time just to see the end results. Some I am sure, I'd lose, but something tells me, 90% of the time, the patient holders would win.

I just didn't want people to be caught off guard by it, esp if it does work out and they get a beneficial payout at the 269%. And as there is about a day left, it doesn't change things much but at least everyone is informed going into growth.
james42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:29:46 PM

Does anyone have a link to the richlist? I can't seem to find it
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 04:35:47 PM

Ask yourself why.

... yes and no and I'm mortified.

Weight plays no factor in the number of coins you get, but age does. If your coins are 2 days old, you get paid 2 days worth of interest. If your coins are three days old, you get three days worth of interest. This is all well and good, because if you miss a day, you lose all the interest on the coins you would have gotten if you'd staked each day, or compound interest. Unfortunately I hadn't accounted for the fact that nobody would care about compound interest during the first week because the interest was so low. There's no special code that goes back and gives you the interest at the rate it was on the the days you missed, all interest is calculated at the current rate, and I completely missed this in development.

Age is also not limited to 24 hour periods, and that I've always been aware of. If it takes you 36 hours to stake on day 1 of growth, you'll actually get 1.5 * 2.69, but you also lose out on 12 hours you could have staked in the end, so this balances out.

We're not going to make day 7 for what it's worth. At the current pace,growth will begin in roughly 24 hours. And that's much, much earlier than I predicted, so the weight down-stepping that I coded in will actually happen too late to compensate for the faster blocks that happen because of the effect of rapid growth, so growth wont last 7 days either.

I feel awful about this, as it's a huge factor I hadn't considered. A couple of people brought it to my attention a couple of days in, and I had to think long and hard about it before ultimately having to decide that people with a keen eye would have seen this since the ico was first announced. It's smack dab in the middles of the official specs. 7 days max age. To fix the problem, I'd have to reduce that, or specifically ignore it during growth - which would also hurt everyone that loses a day over the course of the week because their coins couldn't stake fast enough. So I told the couple of people that mentioned it to me that I would leave it up to them whether or not they wanted to say anything.

At the very least I can say that there are ways to trump this that I have been completely aware of the whole time. I've always known that the growth period was going to be a bloodbath, because this is a sociological experiment as much as a technological one, where literally everything has an effect on the ultimate coin base. Everything. I just greatly underestimated just how many factors are at play here, and I completely missed the implications of this pre-growth holding tactic - which increased the amount of possible coins any one person could possibly stake.

Wheezy-

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:36:31 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 04:51:30 PM by Wheezy-

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/seed/#!rich

It looks like we are flying through blocks now, as many as 3/ min. We may hit growth in 12 hours.

Edit: 100 blocks in the last hour,  so less than 20 hours likely.

Edit2: at least by speeding through, coin age is somewhat less of a factor.

Edit3: looks like roughly 800-825 total coins going into growth at this point.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 04:56:30 PM

Ask yourself why.

Weight plays no factor in the number of coins you get, but age does. If your coins are 2 days old, you get paid 2 days worth of interest. If your coins are three days old, you get three days worth of interest. This is all well and good, because if you miss a day, you lose all the interest on the coins you would have gotten if you'd staked each day, or compound interest. Unfortunately I hadn't accounted for the fact that nobody would care about compound interest during the first week because the interest was so low. There's no special code that goes back and gives you the interest at the rate it was on the the days you missed, all interest is calculated at the current rate, and I completely missed this in development.

Age is also not limited to 24 hour periods, and that I've always been aware of. If it takes you 36 hours to stake on day 1 of growth, you'll actually get 1.5 * 2.69, but you also lose out on 12 hours you could have staked in the end, so this balances out.

We're not going to make day 7 for what it's worth. At the current pace,growth will begin in roughly 24 hours. And that's much, much earlier than I predicted, so the weight down-stepping that I coded in will actually happen too late to compensate for the faster blocks that happen because of the effect of rapid growth, so growth wont last 7 days either.

I feel awful about this, as it's a huge factor I hadn't considered. A couple of people brought it to my attention a couple of days in, and I had to think long and hard about it before ultimately having to decide that people with a keen eye would have seen this since the ico was first announced. It's smack dab in the middles of the official specs. 7 days max age. To fix the problem, I'd have to reduce that, or specifically ignore it during growth - which would also hurt everyone that loses a day over the course of the week because their coins couldn't stake fast enough. So I told the couple of people that mentioned it to me that I would leave it up to them whether or not they wanted to say anything.

At the very least I can say that there are ways to trump this that I have been completely aware of the whole time. I've always known that the growth period was going to be a bloodbath, because this is a sociological experiment as much as a technological one, where literally everything has an effect on the ultimate coin base. Everything. I just greatly underestimated just how many factors are at play here, and I completely missed the implications of this pre-growth holding tactic - which increased the amount of possible coins any one person could possibly stake.

I for one think this is a bit cool. So many factors, so many different ways to "play". Smiley

This has to be the most fun altcoin i have seen. Great work.

james42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:05:48 PM

At the very least I can say that there are ways to trump this that I have been completely aware of the whole time.

Care to share what these may be?

Also so the guy with 26 coins, and up to 7 days coin age, is basically in effect going to get maybe 13 days of 269% growth?
So is that 10 million coins or 100 million?

That kind of changes the whole dynamic of the coin doesn't it?
argakiig

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:12:55 PM

Ask yourself why.

I really am curious if cryptzo is one of those on the richlist that hasnt staked....?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:25:50 PM

Remember staking locks your coins to mature. Some people want to keep their coins free for the potential changes as there is a lot of unknowns on the next 10 hours when the PoS goes nuts.

I hate rich lists. Lol. Gotta move your coins to multiple addresses
Wheezy-

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:26:29 PM

Quote from: cryptzo link=tc=795954.msg9142779#msg9142779 date=1412872547
At the very least I can say that there are ways to trump this that I have been completely aware of the whole time.

Also so the guy with 26 coins, and up to 7 days coin age, is basically in effect going to get maybe 13 days of 269% growth?

Its not nearly that many coins. If he has 4 days age, then day 1 thats 4x2.69x26 +26 = ~305 By day 6 thats 209 thousand, and if we even make it to day 7 thats  772,000.
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 05:29:08 PM

No. It multiplies, it isn't exponential. They get a bonus that first day, and that first day is just a flat multiple. At this point it looks like the guy with 26 coins is going to get 4 * 269% on his first day. After that, level playing field, and he has other issues to deal with that he may not have considered that would greatly reduce his supply.

james42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:30:41 PM

Excuse my terrible maths then :-)
Wheezy-

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:31:44 PM

Remember staking locks your coins to mature. Some people want to keep their coins free for the potential changes as there is a lot of unknowns on the next 10 hours when the PoS goes nuts.

I hate rich lists. Lol. Gotta move your coins to multiple addresses

Also, if you do stake all at once, that gives you a small window to move coins without losing much time if you move them just after they become immature.

I wonder if it's worthwhile to then resend all your coins back to yourself so they stake at once the following day, and another opportunity to move them.
james42

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:35:22 PM

Would these be reasonably accurate maths for someone like me with 5 coins:

Day 0      5
Day 1      18.45
Day 2      68.0805
Day 3      251.217045
Day 4      926.9908961
Day 5      3420.596406
Day 6      12622.00074
Day 7      46575.18273
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:37:03 PM

I for one think this is a bit cool. So many factors, so many different ways to "play". Smiley

Seriously.

You don't have to be rich to win here, just have a smart strategy.

Where else is this true in life except maybe chess?

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:38:49 PM

Seriously.

You don't have to be rich to win here, just have a smart strategy.

Where else is this true in life except maybe chess?

Yeah, I have compared this to chess on so many occasions. I love it. To be good at chess, you need to play 3 moves ahead, for this, it helps to try and think about 5 moves ahead Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: