Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:45:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184070 times)
james42

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:09:36 PM

If they get stuck just go into IRC #suchpool and ask them to fix it, they are there all the time so will be almost instant
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptzo (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 09:20:17 PM

Ok so I have a question... is this normal, I have coins that where transfered in a few hours less than 24 hours ago, previously to that I was staking but since I transfered them back in as whole coins my wallet says I'm constantly staking??

nothing is going on with my wallet right? bit on edge after the whole wallet security fiasco!! (and help massively appreciated guys! noob here!)

take a look....

Some small portion of your coins are mature enough to stake, but certainly not all 4 seedcoins. 4 seedcoins would accumulate weight pretty darn quickly;) If you want to check your coin ages, go to settings > options > display and check the coin control features checkbox. Then go to the send tab and there'll be a button at the top that says inputs. Click it, and select 'list mode' and you'll get tons of information about all your coins, not the least of which is how old they are. You can sort by their age as well by clicking 'date'.

bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:23:42 PM

Honestly there is one thing I am afraid with staking. Orphaned blocks.
within a few hours I received coins from 2 orphaned blocks.
I hope this won't happen with 269% blocks coz I will freak out

O_o
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 09:30:12 PM

That will become less of a problem after POW ends, but it may still happen with so many people staking at the same time. There's well over a hundred running wallets right now, and more to come I'm sure.

What I can tell you is if you do unfortunately get an orphaned block, your weight will be restored and the coins you attempted to stake will maintain their age, so you'll lose nothing as long as you do eventually manage to stake them.

Which is the issue that we're going to be running into the most, especially from day 4, as there's just going to be so many coins that it's highly unlikely that they will all be able to stake in a single day.

bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:34:55 PM

That will become less of a problem after POW ends, but it may still happen with so many people staking at the same time. There's well over a hundred running wallets right now, and more to come I'm sure.

What I can tell you is if you do unfortunately get an orphaned block, your weight will be restored and the coins you attempted to stake will maintain their age, so you'll lose nothing as long as you do eventually manage to stake them.

Which is the issue that we're going to be running into the most, especially from day 4, as there's just going to be so many coins that it's highly unlikely that they will all be able to stake in a single day.

thanks

O_o
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:37:44 PM

That's actually really good to know thanks. At least I won't freak out if and when it happens.

Cheers!
klopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:40:07 PM

Thanks @cryptzo. Learning alot here and having fun! Smiley
Devasive

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:50:06 PM

Ok so I have a question... is this normal, I have coins that where transfered in a few hours less than 24 hours ago, previously to that I was staking but since I transfered them back in as whole coins my wallet says I'm constantly staking??

nothing is going on with my wallet right? bit on edge after the whole wallet security fiasco!! (and help massively appreciated guys! noob here!)

take a look....

Some small portion of your coins are mature enough to stake, but certainly not all 4 seedcoins. 4 seedcoins would accumulate weight pretty darn quickly;) If you want to check your coin ages, go to settings > options > display and check the coin control features checkbox. Then go to the send tab and there'll be a button at the top that says inputs. Click it, and select 'list mode' and you'll get tons of information about all your coins, not the least of which is how old they are. You can sort by their age as well by clicking 'date'.

I just checked coin control and it says my oldest coin is only from 10-8. Shouldn't it be 10-4 if I purchased from the ICO? Did downloading the updated wallets that were put out destroy my coins' maturity? I never moved any coins around once they were deposited into my wallet.
mrbaron

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:53:11 PM

take a look....

http://www.skisandsnow.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/seed2.jpg

Thanks for the info Cryptzo, much appreciated, looking forward to the growth period!!!!
cryptzo (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 09:54:48 PM

take a look....

I just checked coin control and it says my oldest coin is only from 10-8. Shouldn't it be 10-4 if I purchased from the ICO? Did downloading the updated wallets that were put out destroy my coins' maturity? I never moved any coins around once they were deposited into my wallet.

If you stake or move the coins their age resets. If you haven't done either, pm me the address that your ICO coins are in and I'll be happy to take a look for you.

infernoman
Legendary

Activity: 964
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:05:01 PM

mine also says the same 10/08
Devasive

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:10:06 PM

If you stake or move the coins their age resets. If you haven't done either, pm me the address that your ICO coins are in and I'll be happy to take a look for you.

Ah alright, I've been staking so that makes sense. Is it normal for some coins in my wallet to not stake for two days though?

Also, I've had some coins staking today and have had a few payouts yet the youngest coins say 10-9. Shouldn't they have reset to 10-10 if they staked today?
beefie

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

So will the wallet turn pink once coins are staking? i have coins in the wallet that are about 12 hours old and the wallet edge is grey and i cant roll over to get the weight? is that normal?
Also in the send coins input tab do the coins have to be ticked to stake? what does ticking them do?
Thanks for the help in advanced
Beef
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:16:09 PM

One thing's for sure: Evrryone still in on this mess of a project fully deserves what's coming to them.
GoldMin.es

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 10:30:10 PM

One thing's for sure: Evrryone still in on this mess of a project fully deserves what's coming to them.

is this fud or do you mean you are excited because even though its a crazy project, its an incredible coin with great potential...?
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:30:17 PM

Orphans are absolutely nothing to worry about. As far as you are concerned, they don't exist. Your coins continue to age normally and will stake again.

The most likely reason for orphans right now is competition from miners. They should subside when the mining period is over.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
popcorn75

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:31:07 PM

I have been staking for 3 days now, I have 0 problems since update. How about you just go find a different coin to fud...

tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:31:11 PM

is this fud or do you mean you are excited because even though its a crazy project, its an incredible coin with great potential...?

This guy is a pathological troll. It's best to ignore him if you can.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
GoldMin.es

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

This guy is a pathological troll. It's best to ignore him if you can.

im stoked to watch him eat his words when a little after the huge pos market saturation, the coin goes back to .1btc lol
beefie

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:35:45 PM

Ignore the Fud and can you help with my Noob questions please

So will the wallet turn pink once coins are staking? i have coins in the wallet that are about 12 hours old and the wallet edge is grey and i cant roll over to get the weight? is that normal?
Also in the send coins input tab do the coins have to be ticked to stake? what does ticking them do?
Thanks for the help in advanced
Beef
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: