Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:46:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184068 times)
beefie

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:44:41 AM

Thanks Candelsticks that clears up the unknown for me.
Cheers Beef
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beefie

Activity: 55

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:10:03 AM

So any chance you know what the squares do over the ticks candlesticks?
Beef
CryptoCurrencyInc.com

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:50:30 AM

Can people start staking if they only have 0.25 seedcoin?

╓▄▌██P                   
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                     
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                       
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                       
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                         
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                           
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                             
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                               
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                 
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:12:55 AM

Can people start staking if they only have 0.25 seedcoin?

Yes.

Don't trust any exchange!
fayoling

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:24:17 AM

It's the epic dumping at the end of the growth period that worries me. I think one way to mitigate that would be for the dev team to post some detailed plans for the coin about midway through the growth phase, especially if everything is working well on the technical side.

I don't plan to dump, but I will be taking some profits just to at least get my investment back. It would be very helpful to have some good compelling reasons clearly spelled out for holding beyond the growth period. If the dev team needs something written, that's my shtick--feel free to PM me Smiley

The network is stable now and I can't see any issues with the current codebase moving forward. I do need to do some tidying and bugfixing on the ui side of things, but those updates will be optional and clearly stated as such. So I'm going to take the time I have now to start working on a tentative road map and start working on future releases.

I want everyone here to understand that I want the community to be involved with the future of this coin. I know what direction I'm planning on taking the coin, but I'm not so headstrong that I'm not willing to take thoughts and ideas on board. I'm a huge advocate of decentralization, even from a development standpoint, and while I will continue to work and provide direction for the coin, I encourage everyone that would like to make a positive contribution to please do so.

I've really tried to create a situation where it's the strong hands that value this project that hold a majority of the coins. It's an ambitious experiment, and I do hope it plays out as well as I have imagined. But ultimately I accept that everyone expects me to be responsible for bringing value to the SeedCoins that they're holding, and I understand and respect that. You've invested time and money into my work, and even if I have only seen a small portion of it directly through the ICO - that was due to my own ambitious expectations and judgment. So it's on me to deliver and work hard to bring value to the coin for everyone. But I ask each of you to consider taking it upon yourselves to help bring value to the coin as well in whatever way you are best suited.

I will do everything I can on my own, but we will have the most success if we all work together and grow something special from SeedCoin. And so far, I couldn't be more proud or thankful for the community that has been sown here. I think together we can grow seed into something great and valuable.

Thank you everyone that has supported the thread and been answering questions while I've been getting some much needed rest. I feel awful about the issues that plagued us over the last few days and I am terribly sorry about the losses of time and money that have occurred over the last day. All I can say is that I understand your frustration, I'm doing the best I can, and thank you for your patience and support despite the growing pains we all just had to endure. I wont forget it.

Thank you, everyone. I hope everyone is ready for the rollercoaster ride that awaits us in just a few days. I have no idea what's going to happen, it's all a grand experiment, but it's sure to be interesting.

While it's all happening, I encourage everyone to remember that every difficulty that you will encounter, everyone else will be encounter as well. There's a lot of strategies one can use to maximize your portion of seedcoins compared to everyone else's, and I encourage you to do your research on how the staking process works and really take the time to think about how to maximize your chances of success. Staking in SeedCoin, from a practical standpoint, is no different from any other coin, and growth is ultimately just a very accelerated staking process.

If you have any questions that you'd like answered and kept private, please feel free to PM me in confidence. I wont share your thoughts with anyone else, and I will answer every question as honestly as I possibly can.

So with all that said, lets grow some seeds:D

tl;dr I will bring value to SeedCoin. I encourage anyone that wants to to help. Thank you everyone for everything. And you might want to consider reading this particular long block of text:)

BUMPING THIS

A good bump indeed, this post is a worthy one.

sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:40:58 AM

so wallet version is latest?

fayoling

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:43:18 AM

so wallet version is latest?

v1.0.2.0

http://seed-coin.com/

popcorn75

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:03:50 AM

It would be nice to launce a twitter campaign. I would do it myself but I have like 5 followers...lol

krpz

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:24:19 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 07:39:58 AM by krpz

why I have generated but not accepted coins from POS?
takes 24 hours for coins generated to start to stake.

1.The second transaction is more than 24 hours. Is this normal?
https://i.imgur.com/q2uylEt.png

2.Also if I have coins more than 7 days for staking, I will not have staking coins into the growth period isn't it?
3.If I move these coins to a different wallet(lets say exchange wallet) and then back to my wallet can I stake with my all coins again during the whole growth period?
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:42:01 AM

to gain more weight on the network for staking, it's better to have all your coins in one transaction.
There are three ways to do that.
1. Send them all to yourself (same address)

2. If you have 2 computers, install wallet on both computers, let both wallets to completely sync and send all your coins from one to the other.

3. Close wallet, Move wallet.dat to another folder (eg 1st wallet), start wallet so it creates a new wallet.dat, copy the new receive address, close wallet, move wallet.dat to another folder (eg 2nd wallet). Replace your old wallet.dat, send all your coins to the address of the second wallet, and then replace the old wallet.dat with the new wallet.dat.

I know the first option is easier but, I experienced a very bad luck with another coin one year ago, where all my coins were stuck on the network for ever (0/5 confirmations) when I tried to send all my coins to the same address. People here, stated that they did it with success.
The third option a bit confusing and you should be extremely careful not to make any mistake while replacing/moving the wallets.

I did the third with success.

O_o
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:49:55 AM

The high rollers I'm sure don't want this disclosed, but take a look and the block explorer and rich list. Most of the top invested have not staked any coins. I asked myself why.

Ask yourself why.

As coins age, they collect weight, this weight increases chances to stake, but also how much your stake is actually worth. If it's always 1% it doesn't matter. But we're about to hit 269%.

But what happens when someone unlocks their wallet with 5 days of weight with 26 seeds on block 10101? How much will that added weight affect their day one payout?

The person with 26 seeds is doing it. And the reason is that he will significantly increase his day 1 payout, and hence his total share of the coin.

Everyone should keep that in mind going forward, some individuals may massively increase their coin share through the growth. Just by how much, I don't know.

... yes and no and I'm mortified.

Weight plays no factor in the number of coins you get, but age does. If your coins are 2 days old, you get paid 2 days worth of interest. If your coins are three days old, you get three days worth of interest. This is all well and good, because if you miss a day, you lose all the interest on the coins you would have gotten if you'd staked each day, or compound interest. Unfortunately I hadn't accounted for the fact that nobody would care about compound interest during the first week because the interest was so low. There's no special code that goes back and gives you the interest at the rate it was on the the days you missed, all interest is calculated at the current rate, and I completely missed this in development.

Age is also not limited to 24 hour periods, and that I've always been aware of. If it takes you 36 hours to stake on day 1 of growth, you'll actually get 1.5 * 2.69, but you also lose out on 12 hours you could have staked in the end, so this balances out.

We're not going to make day 7 for what it's worth. At the current pace,growth will begin in roughly 24 hours. And that's much, much earlier than I predicted, so the weight down-stepping that I coded in will actually happen too late to compensate for the faster blocks that happen because of the effect of rapid growth, so growth wont last 7 days either.

I feel awful about this, as it's a huge factor I hadn't considered. A couple of people brought it to my attention a couple of days in, and I had to think long and hard about it before ultimately having to decide that people with a keen eye would have seen this since the ico was first announced. It's smack dab in the middles of the official specs. 7 days max age. To fix the problem, I'd have to reduce that, or specifically ignore it during growth - which would also hurt everyone that loses a day over the course of the week because their coins couldn't stake fast enough. So I told the couple of people that mentioned it to me that I would leave it up to them whether or not they wanted to say anything.

At the very least I can say that there are ways to trump this that I have been completely aware of the whole time. I've always known that the growth period was going to be a bloodbath, because this is a sociological experiment as much as a technological one, where literally everything has an effect on the ultimate coin base. Everything. I just greatly underestimated just how many factors are at play here, and I completely missed the implications of this pre-growth holding tactic - which increased the amount of possible coins any one person could possibly stake.

This is actually devastating news.  I was under the impression that it would increase staking weight and that it had been coded so that when High interest kicked in everybody was on a level playing field as long as coins were mature.  I wouldn't have been staking at all if I had known this and to withhold this information is disappointing.  As a few people had mentioned it to you and decided not to inform the community when this has tremendous influence on the final tally of coin.  Doing the math on the 26 coins after 5 days of not staking if they stake right away and with their weight they should easily make the full 7 days of stake.  Starting with only 26 coins because everybody else in the community has been encouraged to stake they can end up with over 10% of the total coin supply (Assuming around 800 coins total to start and everybody staking for the full 7 days, if not but they do stake it could be substantially higher)

Day 1 =26 x 2.69 x 5 (Days not staked previously) + 26 = 375.7
Day 2= 375.7 x 2.69 + 375.7 = 1386.333
Day 3= 1386.333 x 2.69 + 1386.33 = 5115.23577
Day 4 = 5115.235777 x 2.69 + 5115.23577 = 18875.2199913
Day 5 =18875.2199913 x 2.69 + 18875.2199913 = 69649.561767897
Day 6=69649.561767897 x 2.69 + 69649.5617679 = 257006.88292354
Day 7=257006.88292354 x 2.69 + 257006.88292354 = 948355.39798787

So looking at the rich list you have essentially given 4-5 people control of about 25% of the total coin supply if they play their cards properly and more if others don't.

I normally try to stay positive but find this information very disappointing.

klopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:19:34 AM

The high rollers I'm sure don't want this disclosed, but take a look and the block explorer and rich list. Most of the top invested have not staked any coins. I asked myself why.

Ask yourself why.

As coins age, they collect weight, this weight increases chances to stake, but also how much your stake is actually worth. If it's always 1% it doesn't matter. But we're about to hit 269%.

But what happens when someone unlocks their wallet with 5 days of weight with 26 seeds on block 10101? How much will that added weight affect their day one payout?

The person with 26 seeds is doing it. And the reason is that he will significantly increase his day 1 payout, and hence his total share of the coin.

Everyone should keep that in mind going forward, some individuals may massively increase their coin share through the growth. Just by how much, I don't know.

Weight plays no factor in the number of coins you get, but age does. If your coins are 2 days old, you get paid 2 days worth of interest. If your coins are three days old, you get three days worth of interest. This is all well and good, because if you miss a day, you lose all the interest on the coins you would have gotten if you'd staked each day, or compound interest. Unfortunately I hadn't accounted for the fact that nobody would care about compound interest during the first week because the interest was so low. There's no special code that goes back and gives you the interest at the rate it was on the the days you missed, all interest is calculated at the current rate, and I completely missed this in development.

Age is also not limited to 24 hour periods, and that I've always been aware of. If it takes you 36 hours to stake on day 1 of growth, you'll actually get 1.5 * 2.69, but you also lose out on 12 hours you could have staked in the end, so this balances out.

We're not going to make day 7 for what it's worth. At the current pace,growth will begin in roughly 24 hours. And that's much, much earlier than I predicted, so the weight down-stepping that I coded in will actually happen too late to compensate for the faster blocks that happen because of the effect of rapid growth, so growth wont last 7 days either.

I feel awful about this, as it's a huge factor I hadn't considered. A couple of people brought it to my attention a couple of days in, and I had to think long and hard about it before ultimately having to decide that people with a keen eye would have seen this since the ico was first announced. It's smack dab in the middles of the official specs. 7 days max age. To fix the problem, I'd have to reduce that, or specifically ignore it during growth - which would also hurt everyone that loses a day over the course of the week because their coins couldn't stake fast enough. So I told the couple of people that mentioned it to me that I would leave it up to them whether or not they wanted to say anything.

At the very least I can say that there are ways to trump this that I have been completely aware of the whole time. I've always known that the growth period was going to be a bloodbath, because this is a sociological experiment as much as a technological one, where literally everything has an effect on the ultimate coin base. Everything. I just greatly underestimated just how many factors are at play here, and I completely missed the implications of this pre-growth holding tactic - which increased the amount of possible coins any one person could possibly stake.

This is actually devastating news.  I was under the impression that it would increase staking weight and that it had been coded so that when High interest kicked in everybody was on a level playing field as long as coins were mature.  I wouldn't have been staking at all if I had known this and to withhold this information is disappointing.  As a few people had mentioned it to you and decided not to inform the community when this has tremendous influence on the final tally of coin.  Doing the math on the 26 coins after 5 days of not staking if they stake right away and with their weight they should easily make the full 7 days of stake.  Starting with only 26 coins because everybody else in the community has been encouraged to stake they can end up with over 10% of the total coin supply (Assuming around 800 coins total to start and everybody staking for the full 7 days, if not but they do stake it could be substantially higher)

So looking at the rich list you have essentially given 4-5 people control of about 25% of the total coin supply if they play their cards properly and more if others don't.

Keep in mind that there has been several issues with staking, safest would be to test your wallet and see that it works before the growth period starts, this guy hasnt done that. He might run into some problems Smiley
mrbaron

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:07:59 AM

Anyone else think it's highly suspicious that minerpools have been unable to withdraw for 2 days now....and with the POS coming up fast... the site says its a problem with the cron.... so it takes 2 days to sort a cron job does it?? methinks they're one of the large wallets...... just my 0.02$..
BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:11:33 AM

Ask yourself why.

Keep in mind that there has been several issues with staking, safest would be to test your wallet and see that it works before the growth period starts, this guy hasnt done that. He might run into some problems Smiley

He might run into some problems but with all the fixes in the thread it should be easily solved within a couple hours.

Devasive

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:22:57 AM

Anyone else think it's highly suspicious that minerpools have been unable to withdraw for 2 days now....and with the POS coming up fast... the site says its a problem with the cron.... so it takes 2 days to sort a cron job does it?? methinks they're one of the large wallets...... just my 0.02$..

Yep, I shouldn't have trusted them. They're just going to keep my coins and grow them. Bastards.
Rayban34

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:28:08 AM

Yep, I shouldn't have trusted them. They're just going to keep my coins and grow them. Bastards.

You guys can try this: http://seed.lifeforce.info/

I mined in here for at least 3 days and no issues whatsoever, apart from the odd "investigating issues in the back end" which was all sorted every time within a few hours.

Took all my coins out now. Smiley
bitkokos

Activity: 490

0_0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:01:25 AM

there are 10 SEED in minerpools

O_o
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:39:11 AM

So one should not stake until the growth period?

I have ICO bought seedcoins in My wallet.. But they do not stake now.. They staked earlier but yesterday it was running many hours without staking?? What is the issue?dont wanna miss the growth period.

Regards Anoxy
DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:44:47 AM

Mined at Supernova since start and had not one problem - like always
ButcherBill

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:05:00 PM

Come on... give him a break. The information is all there on the OP. It is not his job to spell out all the possible outcomes of every possible strategy. That's the whole point; for the people to figure out the best method themselves. You could sell your seeds on the second day (while everyone is staking, and hardly any sellers), then buy on the 4th day for real cheap and stake everything you bought for 3 days. For all you know, the guy staking till the 7th day will have a lot of coins, without any buyers on the market. And those trends (if any) are visible from far for the trained eye. No way is someone going to stake to get 25% of the coin supply, for an overall net loss.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: