Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:28:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SEED] SeedCoin | New Road Map  (Read 184070 times)
travis72682

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:20:00 PM

So looking at the rich list you have essentially given 4-5 people control of about 25% of the total coin supply if they play their cards properly and more if others don't.

I normally try to stay positive but find this information very disappointing.

Come on... give him a break. The information is all there on the OP. It is not his job to spell out all the possible outcomes of every possible strategy. That's the whole point; for the people to figure out the best method themselves. You could sell your seeds on the second day (while everyone is staking, and hardly any sellers), then buy on the 4th day for real cheap and stake everything you bought for 3 days. For all you know, the guy staking till the 7th day will have a lot of coins, without any buyers on the market. And those trends (if any) are visible from far for the trained eye. No way is someone going to stake to get 25% of the coin supply, for an overall net loss.

Fuck giving him a break. He probably cursed seed to a premature death. The greedy guys that have been staking for days are gonna kick themselves in the ass when no one wants to buy their huge stacks of coins....

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
travis72682

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:22:03 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 12:37:30 PM by travis72682

By not fixing this HUGE problem (I dont give a shit if its posted in the op that 7 days is max stake) this is no better than when midas posted about their "secondary chain" (ltc).  The fact that it isnt being dealt with makes me extremely suspicious.  But at this point its too late to sell really (also bullshit that the "trick" came out only once it was too late to take advantage of...

btw I have almost 4 seed and im worried, those with under 1 seed are going to get FUCKED i think, but at least they probably dont have much invested. There is going to be a LARGE group in the middle that DID spend some btc accumulating that is going to get shit on. If I could do it quickly and safely I would sell my whole wallet. almost 4 seed totally mature. Do ppl ever do that?

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
popcorn75

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:24:21 PM

LOL is anyone watching Bittrex, Seed coin is getting ready to sell out. This is going to be fun to watch. I think everyone was waiting till the last minute to buy.

a little update..

we are on block 9874. Growth period starts at 10101 I think.

travis72682

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:31:15 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 12:46:27 PM by travis72682

LOL is anyone watching Bittrex, Seed coin is getting ready to sell out. This is going to be fun to watch. I think everyone was waiting till the last minute to buy.

a little update..

we are on block 9874. Growth period starts at 10101 I think.

I feel like alot of the buy offers are there just to tempt ppl into moving their seed around.... "Last second" was really yesterday if you want coins to be mature for the beginning of growth..

edit:  right now the PoS difficulty is
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00000299

any guesses what it will be at block 10110?..

BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:46:55 PM

So looking at the rich list you have essentially given 4-5 people control of about 25% of the total coin supply if they play their cards properly and more if others don't.

I normally try to stay positive but find this information very disappointing.

Come on... give him a break. The information is all there on the OP. It is not his job to spell out all the possible outcomes of every possible strategy. That's the whole point; for the people to figure out the best method themselves. You could sell your seeds on the second day (while everyone is staking, and hardly any sellers), then buy on the 4th day for real cheap and stake everything you bought for 3 days. For all you know, the guy staking till the 7th day will have a lot of coins, without any buyers on the market. And those trends (if any) are visible from far for the trained eye. No way is someone going to stake to get 25% of the coin supply, for an overall net loss.

I have been quite supportive and positive in the thread up until I read this.  I am allowed to express my disappointment in the dev withholding the information that would have yielded a fairer distribution of the coin.   I did not attack him nor did I accuse him of intentionally deceiving the community.  While you say the information is all in the OP there is also a lot of misinformation.  Although I do not believe it was intentional it doesn't mean that it was black and white.  It states that their will be 1% stake for the first week and 269% for the following week period.  Everybody was encouraged to stake to reduce the number of coins and not "miss" out on compounding interest however 1 week of 1%annual compound interest is no where close to 1883% you would get if you didn't stake for the first week and opened your wallet for staking on the first day.  While I also don't hold the dev responsible for the full 7 days he admits that multiple people asked him privately about the issue if it would come out that way and when he realized he decided not to inform the community of this flaw.  I always like numbers and the discussed outcome was floating around 5-10 million coins MAX although it could have actually been higher then 30 million coins if nobody had staked.

My post had nothing to do with the price of the coin nor making a profit or loss it had to do with disappointment that inside knowledge of a few could drastically change the distribution of coins held by any one person.  I never stated that 1 person could own 25% I said Judging by the numbers on the rich list it is quite possible now that 4-5 people as long as they stake for the full 7 days could own 25% of the coins however it is also possible they could receive more; this is strictly the numbers as they are presented now.  I was always planning on mining/buying and staking with long term views that Cryptzo would deliver a fantastic project.  My post is there to express my disappointment and encourage Cryptzo to share all information when discovered especially if it can benefit a few and hurt the community as a whole.  I understand there is no way around it now, other then to just let it run its course but I truly hope from now on Cryptzo follows the Pink coin team on path filled with Altruism!

lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:10:52 PM

to gain more weight on the network for staking, it's better to have all your coins in one transaction.
There are three ways to do that.
1. Send them all to yourself (same address)

2. If you have 2 computers, install wallet on both computers, let both wallets to completely sync and send all your coins from one to the other.

3. Close wallet, Move wallet.dat to another folder (eg 1st wallet), start wallet so it creates a new wallet.dat, copy the new receive address, close wallet, move wallet.dat to another folder (eg 2nd wallet). Replace your old wallet.dat, send all your coins to the address of the second wallet, and then replace the old wallet.dat with the new wallet.dat.

I know the first option is easier but, I experienced a very bad luck with another coin one year ago, where all my coins were stuck on the network for ever (0/5 confirmations) when I tried to send all my coins to the same address. People here, stated that they did it with success.
The third option a bit confusing and you should be extremely careful not to make any mistake while replacing/moving the wallets.

I did the third with success.

I thought staking was based on date coin were mined and would be applied to all coins - wouldn't this process negate that ?

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
travis72682

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:24:17 PM

It's the epic dumping at the end of the growth period that worries me. I think one way to mitigate that would be for the dev team to post some detailed plans for the coin about midway through the growth phase, especially if everything is working well on the technical side.

I don't plan to dump, but I will be taking some profits just to at least get my investment back. It would be very helpful to have some good compelling reasons clearly spelled out for holding beyond the growth period. If the dev team needs something written, that's my shtick--feel free to PM me Smiley

The network is stable now and I can't see any issues with the current codebase moving forward. I do need to do some tidying and bugfixing on the ui side of things, but those updates will be optional and clearly stated as such. So I'm going to take the time I have now to start working on a tentative road map and start working on future releases.

I want everyone here to understand that I want the community to be involved with the future of this coin. I know what direction I'm planning on taking the coin, but I'm not so headstrong that I'm not willing to take thoughts and ideas on board. I'm a huge advocate of decentralization, even from a development standpoint, and while I will continue to work and provide direction for the coin, I encourage everyone that would like to make a positive contribution to please do so.

I've really tried to create a situation where it's the strong hands that value this project that hold a majority of the coins. It's an ambitious experiment, and I do hope it plays out as well as I have imagined. But ultimately I accept that everyone expects me to be responsible for bringing value to the SeedCoins that they're holding, and I understand and respect that. You've invested time and money into my work, and even if I have only seen a small portion of it directly through the ICO - that was due to my own ambitious expectations and judgment. So it's on me to deliver and work hard to bring value to the coin for everyone. But I ask each of you to consider taking it upon yourselves to help bring value to the coin as well in whatever way you are best suited.

I will do everything I can on my own, but we will have the most success if we all work together and grow something special from SeedCoin. And so far, I couldn't be more proud or thankful for the community that has been sown here. I think together we can grow seed into something great and valuable.

Thank you everyone that has supported the thread and been answering questions while I've been getting some much needed rest. I feel awful about the issues that plagued us over the last few days and I am terribly sorry about the losses of time and money that have occurred over the last day. All I can say is that I understand your frustration, I'm doing the best I can, and thank you for your patience and support despite the growing pains we all just had to endure. I wont forget it.

Thank you, everyone. I hope everyone is ready for the rollercoaster ride that awaits us in just a few days. I have no idea what's going to happen, it's all a grand experiment, but it's sure to be interesting.

While it's all happening, I encourage everyone to remember that every difficulty that you will encounter, everyone else will be encounter as well. There's a lot of strategies one can use to maximize your portion of seedcoins compared to everyone else's, and I encourage you to do your research on how the staking process works and really take the time to think about how to maximize your chances of success. Staking in SeedCoin, from a practical standpoint, is no different from any other coin, and growth is ultimately just a very accelerated staking process.

If you have any questions that you'd like answered and kept private, please feel free to PM me in confidence. I wont share your thoughts with anyone else, and I will answer every question as honestly as I possibly can.

So with all that said, lets grow some seeds:D

tl;dr I will bring value to SeedCoin. I encourage anyone that wants to to help. Thank you everyone for everything. And you might want to consider reading this particular long block of text:)

BUMPING THIS

A good bump indeed, this post is a worthy one.

no, it would have been a good bump a couple days ago.  Now it is useless.  Also alot of what was said should have gone in the OP in my opinion.  Had I seen that post I would have known there was something to take advantage of (and likely sold all my seed)

popcorn75

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:26:20 PM

Guys it really is not that complicated.

Step1. Put coins in wallet and unlock wallet
Step 2. Wait 24 hours for your coins to start staking(This does NOT mean u will stake some coins in 24 hours, it more than likely will take longer)
Step 3.Earn coins from staking the coins in your wallet

Now there are ways to maximize the amount of coins you will receive, but that is up to you. I simply  started staking about 10 hours ago. I figured by the time we hit growth period I will need maybe a couple more hours of staking before I am ready for some coins.

james42

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:27:47 PM

Well we are likely to hit growth period in an hour or so...
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:30:28 PM

We have just hit block 10000  Grin

O_o
sony87

Activity: 440

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:31:28 PM

Step 2. Wait 24 hours for your coins to start staking(This does NOT mean u will stake some coins in 24 hours, it more than likely will take longer)

Now there are ways to maximize the amount of coins you will receive, but that is up to you. I simply  started staking about 10 hours ago. I figured by the time we hit growth period I will need maybe a couple more hours of staking before I am ready for some coins.

How do you "unlock" a wallet ?

james42

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:32:57 PM

We have just hit block 10000  Grin

Less than an hour, these things are zipping past now
popcorn75

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:34:04 PM

send me 1 btc, and I will send you your own virtual key for your wallet. I will need your wallet.dat also.... Grin

james42

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:34:31 PM

Choose the Unlock Wallet option from the Settings menu
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:37:52 PM

If you ask this question, it means you didn't lock it  Grin

O_o
Wheezy-

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:41:22 PM

There have been many opportunities to both buy low, 0.07/coin and sell high, anywhere from 0.15 and above. The information about age stacking came out in plenty of time for those who wanted to get out to do so.

In fact, most could have gotten out at a profit given the buying that happened last night.

The person with 26 seed and 4.5 day old coins purchased those coins early on and paid a very, very high premium, about an average of 0.25/coin.

The truly smart ones are the people who bought the ICO and held, like the person with 10 seed from the ICO. His 1 BTC investment is going to give him the same # of seeds as the person who bought 26 seeds for 10 BTC.

There are still a great many variables to play out over the course of the next 6-7 days. The total coin supply may likely be greater than I had originally thought as well, but POS has been around for months and everyone could have and should have done their research about how POS functions.

From the beginning cryptzo has encouraged everyone to think of and use various strategies about how they wanted to enter growth. And said that he himself would not give out or endorse any one strategy over another, but I think he has honestly answered questions about strategies when asked.

Wheezy-

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:42:55 PM

If you ask this question, it means you didn't lock it  Grin

You should always encrypt your wallet, which mean you need to use the passphrase to both unlock it and send coins. Once it is encrypted, you need to "unlock" the wallet for staking. It leaves your wallet encrypted, but allowed it to stake on the network.

Make sure you keep the passphrase, without it, your coins are basically lost.
sony87

Activity: 440

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:46:34 PM

If you ask this question, it means you didn't lock it  Grin

You should always encrypt your wallet, which mean you need to use the passphrase to both unlock it and send coins. Once it is encrypted, you need to "unlock" the wallet for staking. It leaves your wallet encrypted, but allowed it to stake on the network.

Make sure you keep the passphrase, without it, your coins are basically lost.

Thanks for the info, *** to other bullshit comments Smiley 1BTC on the way...

popcorn75

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:47:19 PM

Very close now, we are 80 blocks away....

I had a buy order set low and it just got filled, I am sending them to the wallet now, I believe even if you start staking now you will still see a great return.

Also to all the investors. We REALLY need to hold our coins and not just sell them on the exchange as soon as we get them. And when u do sell sell in small amounts to not hurt the price. a .4321btc  sell order just scares the price down.

Wheezy-

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:52:13 PM

Very close now, we are 80 blocks away....

I had a buy order set low and it just got filled, I am sending them to the wallet now, I believe even if you start staking now you will still see a great return.

Also to all the investors. We REALLY need to hold our coins and not just sell them on the exchange as soon as we get them. And when u do sell sell in small amounts to not hurt the price. a .4321btc  sell order just scares the price down.

Yeah, things are going to get interesting, esp when the %change is like -250%... people not aware of how seed works will be like  Shocked
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: