Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:43:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ICOKE] Coca-Cola Coin  (Read 91648 times)
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

You keep poking a stick into a hornets nest playing with trademarked material.  If you are as good of artist as you state you are, why don't you try selling some original art.  By doing art of someone's trademark'ed items it makes you no better than a scammer.   If I wanted Coke art I would buy it from a licensed professional, not a copy-cat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NILIcoin (OP)

Activity: 638
Merit: 530

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 03:21:48 PM

You keep poking a stick into a hornets nest playing with trademarked material.  If you are as good of artist as you state you are, why don't you try selling some original art.  By doing art of someone's trademark'ed items it makes you no better than a scammer.   If I wanted Coke art I would buy it from a licensed professional, not a copy-cat.

I guess that it is also a time for a very short but essential art note here.
Everyone know Pop Art  and Andy Warhol.
Im doing a similar thing  but in a different form. like a web multiplication.
When google direct you to my work it is my artistic goal which is achieved by click on the link.

My medium of expression for my art is this forum , the Coins are the raw materials.

Now I am aware that the art implication is very complex and may seem extremely stupid for many of you that are not familiar with much of the conceptual art world. but I do want you  to understand that I use the coca-cola images  very similar to the way this very famous artist did' so that the step Im taking is not too big to comprehend for those who know art history well.

All this will be very essential if ever go to court

NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:05:55 PM

you can use your coins to pay for your bail when get brought to court  Cheesy Cheesy

Good thinking
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:20:58 PM

You keep poking a stick into a hornets nest playing with trademarked material.  If you are as good of artist as you state you are, why don't you try selling some original art.  By doing art of someone's trademark'ed items it makes you no better than a scammer.   If I wanted Coke art I would buy it from a licensed professional, not a copy-cat.

Everyone know Pop Art  and Andy Warhol.
Im doing a similar thing  but in a different form. like a web multiplication.
When google direct you to my work it is my artistic goal which is achieved by click on the link.

My medium of expression for my art is this forum , the Coins are the raw materials.

Now I am aware that the art implication is very complex and may seem extremely stupid for many of you that are not familiar with much of the conceptual art world. but I do want you  to understand that I use the coca-cola images  very similar to the way this very famous artist did' so that the step Im taking is not too big to comprehend for those who know art history well.

All this will be very essential if ever go to court

You keep poking a stick into a hornets nest playing with trademarked material.  If you are as good of artist as you state you are, why don't you try selling some original art.  By doing art of someone's trademark'ed items it makes you no better than a scammer.   If I wanted Coke art I would buy it from a licensed professional, not a copy-cat.

Everyone know Pop Art  and Andy Warhol.
Im doing a similar thing  but in a different form. like a web multiplication.

Everyone know Pop Art  and Andy Warhol.
Im doing a similar thing  but in a different form. like a web multiplication.

Now I am aware that the art implication is very complex and may seem extremely stupid for many of you that are not familiar with much of the conceptual art world. but I do want you  to understand that I use the coca-cola images  very similar to the way this very famous artist did' so that the step Im taking is not too big to comprehend for those who know art history well.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Cool    

Now I am aware that the art implication is very complex and may seem extremely stupid for many of you that are not familiar with much of the conceptual art world. but I do want you  to understand that I use the coca-cola images  very similar to the way this very famous artist did' so that the step Im taking is not too big to comprehend for those who know art history well.
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:31:21 PM

anyway if they are going to sue me or only buy me' which everway my art and my coins are going to be worth much more.

I'm reminded of an old saying that "the best thing that can happen to a business is to be bought or sued by a larger business."

I would assume this applies to crypto-business just the same!

My better half (who is also an artist by trade, with a marketing minor at university) raised an interesting question: "Could the very act of poking the bear in this novel way be considered a form of performance art in and of itself?"
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:32:46 PM

But Warhol didn't sell shares of his art for Campbell's coin!!!

NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:45:33 PM

anyway if they are going to sue me or only buy me' which everway my art and my coins are going to be worth much more.

I'm reminded of an old saying that "the best thing that can happen to a business is to be bought or sued by a larger business."

I would assume this applies to crypto-business just the same!

My better half (who is also an artist by trade, with a marketing minor at university) raised an interesting question: "Could the very act of poking the bear in this novel way be considered a form of performance art in and of itself?"

being online thus a real time act, makes it a sort of performance in that sense...
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

The technology to allow that did not exist yet....but today any big artist can sell his works for his coins only. Thus open that market to  many more investors which can all have a piece in one big  piece . But to actually do this, the coin itself as art, one need to be really ..... well stupid... or maybe ....not so stupid
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:02:13 PM

The technology to allow that did not exist yet....but today any big artist can sell his works for his coins only. Thus open that market to  many more investors which can all have a piece in one big  piece . But to actually do this, the coin itself as art, one need to be really ..... well stupid... or maybe ....not so stupid

Then sell them for NILIcoin, not the name of another company...  Selling them for Coca-Cola Coin implies that your are doing it with the blessing of Coca-Cola.  This tells me you are nothing but a scammer.

freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 05:14:54 PM

Nili , what your doing IS ILLEAGLE ,how? Intellectual property , your NOT an artist your a thief ,you STOLE cokes logos and brand name you didnt even modify their logo at all!! just like you cant take an android phone and design it just like an iPhone and put an apple on the back of it an call it an iphone, your benefiting financially from someone elses ideas!! yes you can name your kid coke HOWEVER your not trying to financially benefit from that (in most cases and if you are in some way expect a knock on your door) point being here you need to STOP if your as good as you say are make something ORIGINAL without using other peoples logos and brand and then and ONLY then i will invest (and im sure i speak for alot of others )
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:10:03 PM

Nili , what your doing IS ILLEAGLE

Of course whether or not this is true becomes a jurisdictional question.  However let us assume for the moment that we are talking about jurisdictions that apply the Berne Convention, which is the international treaty for intellectual property law.  Assuming this convention, we can simply apply what is known as the "Berne Three Step Test" (found in Article 9(2) of the international treaty) to determine if this usage is legitimate or not.

Article 9 reads:
(1) Authors of literary and artistic works protected by this Convention shall have the exclusive right of authorizing the reproduction of these works, in any manner or form.

(2) It shall be a matter for legislation in the countries of the Union to permit the reproduction of such works in certain special cases, provided that such reproduction does not conflict with a normal exploitation of the work and does not unreasonably prejudice the legitimate interests of the author.

(3) Any sound or visual recording shall be considered as a reproduction for the purposes of this Convention.

Did coke give NILI special authorization? (Probably not.)

Is NILI's reproductive use covered under a special exemption in their jurisdiction which does not conflict with a normal exploitation and which does not unreasonably prejudice Coke's interests?
  Is NILI's reproductive use covered under a special exemption in their jurisdiction?
  If so, does this use conflict with a normal exploitation of the work?
  If not, does the use prejudice the legitimate interests of Coke?
(This is all highly dependent on both the jurisdiction in question, as well as Coke's own usage of and legitimate interest in the works within that jurisdiction!!)

Is the reproduction a sound or visual recording? (I think we can all agree, at least, that the answer to this is yes.)

So it is not as simple as "NILI reproduced some IP so now they are screwed" but a question of in what jurisdiction that reproduction was made *AND* if it happens to be a legitimate special exemption in that jurisdiction *AND* what Coke's own ("allowed") exploitation *AND* interests in the matter are.

This is assuming that the Berne convention even applies.  The laws are certainly very different in places that do not adopt this convention.

EDIT: Disclaimer: IANAL!!
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:19:41 PM

I think NILI's doing this because:
He lives in a non US country, thinking there is no way Coke will spend the time and resources to hunt him down
If by chance this gets exposure to the media, someone my buy his shit
So by announcing that he is doing coke-coin, the mouse coin, ect...  I think he's hoping some media outlet picks up on it

Nili, if your work was as good as this (www.sandaworld.com) I would invest in your art.  But from what I have seen you come nowhere close!!  Plus Tsuneo donates loads of art for Charity.  Now this is an artist with TALENT!!!

Yuzu

Activity: 368

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 07:58:56 PM

Nili is doing this because he's a kid who doesn't understand the law.  He really doesn't.  I've tried to explain it to him but there is some barrier there (maybe the language barrier).  He really doesn't get why this cannot be successful.
madmartyk
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:19:47 PM

Nili is doing this because he's a kid who doesn't understand the law.  He really doesn't.  I've tried to explain it to him but there is some barrier there (maybe the language barrier).  He really doesn't get why this cannot be successful.

Maybe!!  I know Coke is aware of this, and maybe view it as a joke...  I guess only time will tell.

HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:29:16 PM

Nili is doing this because he's a kid who doesn't understand the law.

I find it interesting that you assume Nili is both young and male.

I'm pretty sure that you're wrong on both guesses.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 08:34:40 PM

Maybe!!  I know Coke is aware of this, and maybe view it as a joke...  I guess only time will tell.

Maybe they are just explicitly cautious to not end up involved with the "Chilling Effects" list?  (Seems likely, since they are one of the very few big companies not already very well represented there.)

Probably the mouse coin will see some response first.  Walt&Co seem to have no reservations about sending out a C&D at the drop of a hat.
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:32:10 PM

I think NILI's doing this because:
He lives in a non US country, thinking there is no way Coke will spend the time and resources to hunt him down
If by chance this gets exposure to the media, someone my buy his shit
So by announcing that he is doing coke-coin, the mouse coin, ect...  I think he's hoping some media outlet picks up on it

Nili, if your work was as good as this (www.sandaworld.com) I would invest in your art.  But from what I have seen you come nowhere close!!  Plus Tsuneo donates loads of art for Charity.  Now this is an artist with TALENT!!!

I actually did these kind of things for work, working in the movie industry but this I don't consider my art.
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Nili is doing this because he's a kid who doesn't understand the law.

I find it interesting that you assume Nili is both young and male.

I'm pretty sure that you're wrong on both guesses.

It is fun to be considered a guy of 20 years old. Well I'm a gal with a child in that age.
NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

Maybe they are just explicitly cautious to not end up involved with the "Chilling Effects" list?  (Seems likely, since they are one of the very few big companies not already very well represented there.)

Probably the mouse coin will see some response first.  Walt&Co seem to have no reservations about sending out a C&D at the drop of a hat.

Thus far there is no big money in that. If they aware of it as you say their lawyers are hard at work figuring this "crypto-shit" out, while  puling their hair trying to figure out what the hell is this thing. art-coin.
They must be prepared for the scenario that this will take off. someone there is doing crash curse on bitcoin and the poor thing have to learn all about counterparty too. :-)

NILIcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:51:45 PM

Nili , what your doing IS ILLEAGLE

Of course whether or not this is true becomes a jurisdictional question.  However let us assume for the moment that we are talking about jurisdictions that apply the Berne Convention, which is the international treaty for intellectual property law.  Assuming this convention, we can simply apply what is known as the "Berne Three Step Test" (found in Article 9(2) of the international treaty) to determine if this usage is legitimate or not.

Article 9 reads:
(1) Authors of literary and artistic works protected by this Convention shall have the exclusive right of authorizing the reproduction of these works, in any manner or form.

(2) It shall be a matter for legislation in the countries of the Union to permit the reproduction of such works in certain special cases, provided that such reproduction does not conflict with a normal exploitation of the work and does not unreasonably prejudice the legitimate interests of the author.

(3) Any sound or visual recording shall be considered as a reproduction for the purposes of this Convention.

Did coke give NILI special authorization? (Probably not.)

Is NILI's reproductive use covered under a special exemption in their jurisdiction which does not conflict with a normal exploitation and which does not unreasonably prejudice Coke's interests?
  Is NILI's reproductive use covered under a special exemption in their jurisdiction?
  If so, does this use conflict with a normal exploitation of the work?
  If not, does the use prejudice the legitimate interests of Coke?
(This is all highly dependent on both the jurisdiction in question, as well as Coke's own usage of and legitimate interest in the works within that jurisdiction!!)

Is the reproduction a sound or visual recording? (I think we can all agree, at least, that the answer to this is yes.)

So it is not as simple as "NILI reproduced some IP so now they are screwed" but a question of in what jurisdiction that reproduction was made *AND* if it happens to be a legitimate special exemption in that jurisdiction *AND* what Coke's own ("allowed") exploitation *AND* interests in the matter are.

This is assuming that the Berne convention even applies.  The laws are certainly very different in places that do not adopt this convention.

EDIT: Disclaimer: IANAL!!

you are hired, HMC. :-) (I pay in mouse coins)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: