Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:31:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 29113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:52:02 AM

Guide will be updated Sunday... keep watching 1st post for changes.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 04:53:46 AM

I think I will give SP a try. I been using bitmain as they have done me no wrong personally. But SP also appears to produce solid hardware. Not a fan of how involved they get in sponsoring surveys that favor them. But If the SP20e performs as I have been reading, then its worth at least a trial run in my environment (most of my monitoring is custom). The numbers don't lie when it comes to performance.

Let us put that survey / poll in perspective given what passes as fanboi promotion time and time again in these forums.

We can give Spondoolies a thumbs up or thumbs down nothing more or less. In the 100s of user posts not one person has remained negative towards buying a Spondoolies product. I can't find one person that has had an issue with Spondoolies that hasn't been happy or at least satisfied with the resolution of the issue. For the most part the units are some of the best being offered. They ship on time and often to spec and if off spec refunds / reimbursements have been offered.

I think the poll is a good gauge of CONSUMER feeling but you can read through all the threads, like I usually do, to find out why Spondoolies is the most trust fabricator currently. You don't need a poll to prove it. The forum has ample evidence to support that results of that poll.

Unfortunately some people want to make more of stink about say Asicminer or Bitmain given their issues but to be honest those companies also try and do their best to rectify the mountain of problems they have.

That is not the case of say Bitmine, Black Arrow, Minersource, Avalon, Technobit, BFL, KNC, HashFast, Cointerra and others. But if you read my guide you will see that.

There is no real need to buy equipment for home mining or small mining operations you are fighting a losing cause. But if you are still painfully ignorant of the mining world or mine for fun or whatever reason besides a return on your investment then it is either Spondoolies or Bitmaintech right now. Edge goes to Spondoolies based on customers service and superior build quality. I don't need a multiple column framework using a ten point sliding scale to know that. Anyone in direct competition with Spondoolies also knows this and are scared.

However Spondoolies can turn on a dime and pump out a million miners in a month can they? No they can't and that is where they are scared of their competition.

We're not scared of the competition.

You should be scared of competitors that can easily out produce you.  Use whatever term you like. Cognizant, aware, respectful... I prefer the term scared. Puts the right point on it.
Aware and respectful it is.

Won't knock you guys, sure competitors could outproduce but often at the cost of quality, but they (SP) do have a solid engineering background and are making very solidly made hardware. I stayed away before because of price and other considerations that did not meet my immediate short term concerns. But SP is a solid player. They are now competing better in a way one should consider doing business with them. That does not mean Bitmain is bad. They are still IMO a great company, but it seems some people are having issues with them. That could be due to a number of things. Personally I am not having issues. But that is speaking for me alone. I have not had an experience with SP yet as far as hardware, so I am ready to take the plunge.  

SP can compete in other ways. The sheer quality of hardware alone is a selling point. If they build solid hardware and are diehard about any warranties they state, that already sets them apart. Customer service goes a long way too. If those areas are the ones they excel in, then there is indeed nothing to be concerned about. I mean really KnC? If that is one of their competitors then yea they got nothing to be scared about. Bitmain is about the only real competition IMO.

Bitmain, BitFury, KNC, 21e6, AM and Sfards
In that order. I can't go into details. Maybe I misplaced Sfards.
Most probably there are additional unknown players. Most probably in China.
Time will tell.

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:00:18 PM

Minersource stole over a million in equipment from Black Arrow. Black Arrow stole millions from customers. Where does it end?

This situation just screams for law enforcement to get to the bottom of this. Stay away from both companies. You have been warned again.

Minersource is falsely claiming that we have not shipped ordered merchandise while in fact they have stolen $1050000 from us through fraud.

What about the $5k you stole from me you fucking piece of shit?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:29:49 PM

Why does it not surprise me that BAN (BitcoinAffiliateNetwork) are involved in this?

I opened a scam accusation against them ages ago about their phony "giveaway" of miners to fake user accounts many months ago:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0

After a barrage of insults from s0br/ThePhwner & their multiple aliases, s0br locked the BAN pool thread after deleting evidence & went AWOL from the scam thread & this forum for about 2 months - before popping up again with another BAN pool thread with claims of transparency, bonuses, regular payouts etc, etc, - all of which has proven to be false again.

BTW, guess who advertised BAN on his "trustworthiness guide" thread knowing that they were confirmed scammers?  Yup, our good friend poop-dawg........ Roll Eyes

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 04:51:51 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 08:56:19 AM by Bicknellski

Technobit customers still waiting for product and Dogie still rates them 10/10 for Ethics and Shipping what gives?

It really is amazing that Dogie can ding Spondoolies Tech time and time again and yet never adjusts Technobit down appropriately given the hundreds of complaints posts in these forums.

Marto/Technobit isn't responding to pm, has not logged in here in 3 days, looks like we are fucked. Time to file a claim with the EU customer protection unit, Bulgarian section, www.ecc.bg/submit-a-complaint.htm

I would love to write a review for the 2hex8m but I'm still waiting for my 2 to arrive ordered in December pre production batch. To this day I've had promise after promises from Martin when I have phoned, but much to my dismay I'm 606 euros down no miners and not much more to say really.
I'd just like my money back now so I can buy myself something useful like a bike
peace all
Mike Smiley

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:17:33 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 05:42:07 AM by Bicknellski

I join with macgyver007 and others who want to see a Dogie pooping free zone.

Use this sign below in your Oringinal Post to indicate that your self-moderate thread will not accept his reign (rain) of shit. Stop Dogie before it is too late.

Last of all....no dogieshit will be tolerated in this thread unlike the first one I had to request for deletion due to all the off-topic poop

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:59:25 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 02:27:55 PM by Bicknellski

Black Arrow under investigation by Hong Kong Police.

Is the long arm of the law finally catching up with Black Arrow? We hope that customers do get refunds but as time goes on it looks less likely.

Not sure if this is new or helpful either but I finally received an email from the Hong Kong police over the online report that I've lodged quite some time ago.

They requested for more information about the transaction & I've furnished them with some attachments that hopefully will provide them a better lead in their investigation.

For those of you who made payment to BlackArrow's Hong Kong HSBC account & have yet to done so, I would strongly recommend that you submit an online police report at this link (https://secure1.info.gov.hk/police/eforms/report_cyber_crime_en.php) to lend a helping hand to the Hong Kong police in their investigation on Black Arrow.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 06:13:38 AM

Technobit awol. Is this the end of Technobit finally?

So it is clear to everyone now what Technobit really is all about. About delays. About taking customer cash and not delivering on time. This is just one more unhappy customer. Avoid them at all costs.

im waiting for my 2hex4m since 9 january and i order more 3x hex4m on 4 february and they said they would send it today but looks like they didnt....hope they send it soon... Undecided
technobit has good quality but they take to long to ship the miners, i realy dont know if i should order more or go for some antminers  Undecided Undecided

Will Dogie update his rating for Technobit or will it take law enforcement raid or legal actions to get him to finally rate this company properly?

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

Alpha Technology should be in the thumbs down section. I've ordered in Jan 2014, and nothing delivered yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.0

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:43:50 PM

Alpha Technology should be in the thumbs down section. I've ordered in Jan 2014, and nothing delivered yet.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=314402.0

We don't do scrypt miners. Sorry.

They are a BAD company with serious issues. I signed up for the newsletter when they started talking about development and promised the moon and are not delivering. STAY AWAY FROM THEM... best to get a refund if possible.

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:33:47 AM

Looks like Rockminer has closed its doors. Website has been down for over two weeks and rockxie has been completely absent from the forum for over a month.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:49:49 AM

FYI in case you want an update on AMT to post, Joshua Zipkin is trying to file for bankruptcy in the middle of the class action lawsuit (won't happen due to precedents)...or attempting to. His lawyers also want to quit no doubt due to his utter stupidity and inability to listen to his lawyers. I doubt the court will allow it only because he has this money out there.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:48:18 AM

Looks like Rockminer has closed its doors. Website has been down for over two weeks and rockxie has been completely absent from the forum for over a month.

He is working with AM has been for months. I believe he posted as such in his thread.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:48:53 AM

FYI in case you want an update on AMT to post, Joshua Zipkin is trying to file for bankruptcy in the middle of the class action lawsuit (won't happen due to precedents)...or attempting to. His lawyers also want to quit no doubt due to his utter stupidity and inability to listen to his lawyers. I doubt the court will allow it only because he has this money out there.

Oh thanks for that tidbit missed that in the forum has that been posted anywhere?

opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:30:52 AM

Oh thanks for that tidbit missed that in the forum has that been posted anywhere?

No just information shared between a few people. Since Josh Zipkin watches these forums via sock puppets and proxies a couple of us discuss the details among ourselves to not tip him off on anything new. No sense posting publicly anything he can use in he can use to benefit his case or to run away further. It's already obviously going down the shitter for him. The documentation pretty much supports that. But his issues won't end there. Until he makes this right we won't stop. He likely is using the money he stole to run a mine. It's already obvious he paid KNC a substantial amount for that so it stands to reason he is mining on his own and making money from that in huge amounts.
"Josh Zipkin bitcointalk"
"Joshua Zipkin bitcointalk"

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 08:14:46 AM

[Delisted Thumbs Up]
Removed Thumbs Up Companies for Lack of Shipping (30 days without a post or units shipped)

Nano Fury Project USB miner Last Post September 23, 2014

Although I'm not exactly happy that I'm no longer in the "thumbs up" category I think being in that new category is a fair status. Or if you decide to add a new category - something like "Retired Projects" or "Projects no longer in development" - you can move the NanoFury one there.

And thanks for keeping that list up to date!

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:59:03 AM

[Delisted Thumbs Up]
Removed Thumbs Up Companies for Lack of Shipping (30 days without a post or units shipped)

Although I'm not exactly happy that I'm no longer in the "thumbs up" category I think being in that new category is a fair status. Or if you decide to add a new category - something like "Retired Projects" or "Projects no longer in development" - you can move the NanoFury one there.

I think retired projects is best. As there are going to be more and more defunct bankrupt or retired projects as we move forward.

Looking at these updates:

BTC Garden... bankrupt or closed shop?
Bitfury no longer sells product?
Asicminer no longer producing / selling?

Comments welcome.

Somethings will be different in 2015.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:55:36 PM

[Delisted Thumbs Up]

I think retired projects is best. As there are going to be more and more defunct bankrupt or retired projects as we move forward.

Looking at these updates:

BTC Garden... bankrupt or closed shop?
Bitfury no longer sells product?
Asicminer no longer producing / selling?

Comments welcome.

Somethings will be different in 2015.

Bitfury only sells farms for mucho dinero..........  Roll Eyes

http://www.bitfury.org/products

Don't see a buy it now button do we.......  Roll Eyes

I thought ASICminer had another chip already for the next gen  Huh

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 07:09:25 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2015, 03:42:10 PM by Bicknellski

Loshia & Zich Support Technobit... Why do they ignore the plight of Technobit Customers?

There is a real stink from the Technobit thread. Some more angry customers I see. Then they will start promoting a new "project" and try to scam funds from people on BTCJam for 100 BTC for this improbably optimistic heat recovery concept. Looks like the end is near for Technobit. FINALLY.

Hi Dimoza,

You have still not waited long enough.
72 hours shipping is declared on the website, thats correct.
Unfortunately the clock in Bulgaria runs different than anywhere else in the world.
In my opinion, this seems to be a kind of Ponzi scheme.
10 people buy a miner, only one gets a parcel.
The others must wait until another 10 people have ordered something.
Funny Game!

Hi technobit,

HEX4M boards with Coolers, Item No.: 97 was oredered on  7 Feb 2015
Order reference: YKHOBUKVB

Have no email confirmation received, just PayPal receipt. Money was transfered.
The order successfully displaying in my Order history.

72 hours shipping declared on the website, but still nothing received.

2 days ago I wrote the letter to customer cupport via the website form... still have no answer as well.

Almost 2 weeks are gone. No emails no parcels.

Would be appreciate for comments and email contacting.
thank you.

Another complaint thread:

Write here all what you order at TECHNOBIT and was not delivered to you. Think about a class action. It should punish people who want to enrich the other

I ordered the 5.2 2015th

Lawsuits soon to start by European customers?

No more words...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=564612.msg10508319

10:13 AM / CET

Hello to all people who has been deceived by technobit.eu

After consultation with my lawyer he suggests the following procedure:
( Applies only to people in the EU, all others... sorry )

First:
Write to technobit.eu a letter with the demand for your goods or at your money within 14 days after receipt of the letter.
This letter you send via registered mail with Advice of delivery to technobit.eu.
Registered mail with Advice of delivery  is important! This is the only way you can later prove that you have put your demands against technobit.eu.
(E-Mail with reading confirmation would also be possible , but we know... e -mails will not be read from technobit.eu)

Second:
Wait for the Advice of delivery. Should not take longer than 1 week.
If the letter is not deliverable , which can be assumed , go immediately with your Advice of delivery and your Invoice to a competent authority (police, courts) and make a complaint about Internet fraud against technobit.eu.

If the letter deliverable, wait 14 days.
If you have not received anything until the expiry of the time limit, then ... see above.
A possible message or E-Mail stating "we will send later" you can safely ignore.

So much only once by this time, everything else at a later time.

For eventually grammatical errors, I do not take any responsibility, english is not my native language.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:41:44 PM

Still no BFL refund? What should I do?

Nice guide for what to do if BFL is still not refunding your order. From PuertoLibre

FTC requests anyone who has not yet recieved their refund to contact them and let them know. The (FTC) through the court are currently acting as watchdogs over BFL's refund queue.

Do not contact the former receivership, contact the FTC directly. They will assist in the process of adjusting or receiving your refund(s).

Helen Wong from the FTC's Division of Financial Practices:

HELEN WONG, DC Bar # 997800
hwong@ftc.gov

TERESA KOSMIDIS, NY Bar # 4533824
tkosmidis@ftc.gov

LEAH FRAZIER, DC Bar # 492540
lfrazier@ftc.gov

Please include details about your order, such as a copy of your receipt/statement stating (or itemizing) the amounts owed and a brief recollection or review of your previous attempts to obtain a refund. (include dates and times)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: