Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 29113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 01:52:56 PM

FYI on this. The FTC is reaching out to ANYONE who filed a complaint with them. I already got my call, told my story. Means they are reinforcing their case. I think they got it bulletproof or they would not be doing things the way they did them to catch them out there. 

Another BFL PSA:

People should tell their stories asap... to help make certain that BFL is not put back in charge of the company come Monday.

Anyone see this gem in the BFL Monarch thread?

09-23-2014, 04:39 PM #14
FTCinfo  

I have just had a very nice conversation with Helen Wong at the FTC. She is the staff contact with the Division of Financial Practices regarding BFL.

The assets of BFL have been frozen pending the outcome of the hearing at 9am on Monday, September 29th. At this hearing, the court will determine the future of the company, to wit:

a. They have failed to fulfill obligations to customers and will not regain control of the company, at which point the FTC, courts and appointed receiver will begin working on the issuance of refunds to customers. (She was unable to speak as to whether or not the current refund queue order would be altered)

b. They have claimed they have begun to fulfill obligations to customers, but it has been found that the actually have not and will not regain control of the company, at which point the FTC, courts and appointed receiver will begin working on the issuance of refunds to customers. (Again, She was unable to speak as to whether or not the current refund queue order would be altered)

c. They have begun fulfilling obligations to customers, but in a manner that is not consistent or not in sync with consumer protection regulation at which point issuance of refunds would be overseen by the FTC and/or courts. (It was unclear as to whether this would be while under the control of a receiver or BFL)

d. They have begun fulfilling obligations to customers, are breaking no laws or regulation and no action should be taken, at which point BFL continues business as usual.
Yes, those are the 4 possible outcomes of the hearing on Monday. I hope everyone who placed an order with BFL - especially those who had a refund denied or delayed more than 45 days at any time during their interactions with BFL - has shared their experiences with the appointed temporary receiver, Mr. Johnson, at eljreceiver@spencerfane.com, so the court reaches the appropriate decision. I know I have.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 03:17:05 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 03:45:16 AM by Bicknellski

BFL gets pulled deeper into the bowels of FTC control.

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.54.0.pdf

Summary by ElGrandeJefe

I don't know about you guys but I read the document totally different to BFL's press release. This is the receiver being granted full company for 45 days, who might bring in some or all of the employees as he sees fit. If he doesn't see a business plan moving forwards, he wills hut the doors and liquidate. If he does, he has to put it before the court for them to decide.

The Section XVII prevents anyone suing BFL for now (I believe, unless you have a statute of limitations which will time out), which is why the class action was trying to stop it. They got pretty screwed over out of this which is rather sad.
Agreed. Pure PR spin, completely unjustified.

In a nutshell:
  • No more pre-orders
  • No more lies about performance or delivery dates
  • No advertising or selling anything they don't actually have in stock
  • Full asset freeze for BFL and Jody, Nasser and Sonny (JNS)
  • Repatriation of assets held abroad by BFL and JNS
  • Full accounting of all BFL assets and records
  • Full authorization to subpoena any person or business entity holding BFL and JNS assets and records
  • Full, sworn list of all payments and transfers of funds, assets and property of BFL and JNS
  • Complete, sworn statement itemizing all payments, transfers, and assignment of funds over $2,500 made since June 2012 by each of JNS
  • Authorization for FTC to obtain credit reports on JNS
  • Full preservation of records by BFL and all its officers and agents (no more forum post deletions)
  • Authority of temporary receiver to send anyone at BFL home, including, but not limited to JNS
  • JNS may work for the receiver if so asked, but will not be paid
  • No burn-in testing without approval of the court
  • Shipping of completed miners is allowed, if consumers want them instead of a refund
  • No refunds unless approved by the court
  • No new sales unless approved by the court
  • All BFL and JNS bitcoins go to a wallet controlled by the receiver (as noted in a previous post)

There's a whole lot more in there that's unfavorable to BFL, but essentially the receiver temporarily has control over everything, Jody, Nasser and Sonny get nothing and have to provide a full accounting of what they have taken in the past. Everyone has to cooperate fully with the receiver or their ass is grass. The FTC is authorized, and indeed has been granted extended powers, to continue gathering evidence. Further criminal investigations and civil suits against BFL and JNS can continue.

And last but not least, the judge says "this case is mine, bitches".

From the STIPULATED INTERIM ORDER above:

A. Misrepresenting, expressly or by implication, directly or indirectly:

1. The amount of Bitcoins or any other virtual currencies Defendants’ products or services will generate; or

2. When products or services will be delivered to consumers; and

B. Soliciting or receiving payment from consumers for merchandise which defendants do not have currently in stock and available for shipping.

VFT adds some more legal docs.

STIPULATION FOR LIMITED RELIEF FROM THE
ASSET FREEZE AS TO DARLA JO DRAKE

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.57.0.pdf

STIPULATION FOR LIMITED RELIEF FROM THE
ASSET FREEZE AS TO SONNY VLEISIDES

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.56.0.pdf

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:16:00 AM

Spondoolies Releases Hi Res Pictures of the SP20:

As the market becomes increasingly harder for manufacturers to find those willing to buy SPTech keeps the pressure on with the SP20.

http://imgur.com.prx2.unblocksit.es/a/ltKAR

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:26:34 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 03:15:23 PM by Bicknellski

Technobit continue production of new miners yet is still failing to deliver on past orders.

Even though Technobit claimed to halt all other work on their boards in lieu of getting the group buy minion boards out  they have continued to produce more new boards without any slow down in sight even given the backlog for the minion group buy. Customers are still not getting shipments or incomplete shipments. This is clearly not good for consumers.

What Is my  status update vesi?

Martin told me last week that shipping was for this past Monday.

What is my update?

Hi,
I'm Vesi from technobit.
Martin will not be able to post in the forum for some time Smiley
So I'll do my best to answer your questions
You still can contact us here on PM or e-mail office@technobit.eu

Regards: Vesi
Hello, I just reacted through technobit's message system. I'm 2 hex4m boards short, got a 13 and a 10 boards shipment, not 25 total. Fix asap please.

We are working and as soon is ready will be  out.

...but we keep hearing this same reply over and over from you.  I've heard this same thing at least 6 times now from you.  Can you tell us what is holding up your shipping?  At first it was because of the MCU, then when that was fixed it was because you were testing the completed boards but what is holding you up now??

Edit:  ...And of course, no response from Marto when asked the 'tough' questions...  This is ridiculous.
What other response you want.
The MCU's are replaced by hand on 500+ boards. So this takes time.
When exchanged and tested ok is shipped , that is all.
both GB1 and GB2 are .
The first order is from minersource personal and they did not get even one.
Again if you want out give me your order and I'll ship your chips imidiately
OR you can go and post together with bick.
I know it is slow and late and frustrating.
But we are doing our best

How about info on how many boards are completed per day. So we'll know how many more months this will take.
diferent yesterday 6
today 37
Please understand we postpone our own boards until GB boards are ready.
We are loosing money too on this.
Majority  of you paid us in chips .
Again you can always ask for chip delivery and join Bicknelski .
and you will be in your right.
Somebody asked for compensation it'is OK I'll ship you spare chips if you want, because We paid production costs for 1k boards and got paid with fiat/btc for about 80 boards only, So any compensation will be in chips if you pay for the board

Martin,

What's the estimated sale date of these boards?
Hi,
I'm Vesi from technobit.
Martin is not able to answer you here for some time. So I'll try:
The first pre-production run of about 10 boards will be ready hopefully next week.
We are going to test it for a week or so .
So these will be put in sales next week with shipment date withing 2 weeks.
Right after that there will be first full production batch for sale

This is all the info I have
Best Vesi

UPDATE: Consumers now complain of lower specification boards being delivered.

What got changed on the boards we are getting and the one user 2good received ?

For one im seeing a lot less capacitors on the board Huh
and im tsting the board now on all diff kind of clock setings and voltage settings.. but im not nearly getting the "Good" efficientcy number as 2good was getting with undervolting!!

Marto did you reduce your BOM to save money with a result a less efficient miner..

the most efficient im getting now is 1,08 W/GH and thats 660mV 400Mhz or
1,13W/GH 760mV 700MHz

that no where near the 0,78 2good was getting !!!

We still recommend that people DO NOT BUY FROM TECHNOBIT as they continue to collect money for new units while failing to adequately ship past products. This is a consistent pattern for the past 18 months that has been well documented in these forums by customer complaints.

Yeah,  it would be really nice to get an update from technobit.  Where are you guys in batch 1/batch 2 orders?  How is the queue being handled?  I have a partial order shipped,  when can I expect the rest of my order out?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:29:45 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 01:22:27 PM by Bicknellski

Bitmain makes official announcement that they are not affiliated with Minersource.net or Miner Hosting LLC.

As concerns grow over Minersource.net and Miner Hosting LLC Bitamain is clear to distance themselves with this group. I suspect there is more to this but it is a good sign for customers that Bitmain is trying to be very clear it is not nor will be involved with such disreputable companies.

We are not affiliated with Minersource.net or Miner Hosting LLC.  

They may have used the address at 3700 Quebec St, however, 3700 Quebec st is a shopping/office center.

Every package will be signed and video recorded as they come in by the UPS, and Panera Bread is located within the same shopping center.

http://www.stapletondenver.com/directory?district=30

There are a few other bitcoin related businesses in colorado receive mails at the local UPS Store within the shopping center.

In the near future, Walk-In drop off may be offered at Denver Bitcoin Center, but, that arrangement is not yet active.

This USA address is one of the options.  You can always request RMA/Warranty via PM to Bitmain or info@bitmaintech.com or webmaster@bitmaintech.com

UPDATE: Bitmain has new bitcointalk account and is responding to customer questions and providing clear information for RMA's.

Sent you PM, please contact us, so we can resolve your issue.

Please contact 1-844-248-6246 to speak with one of the live tech support guys or send e-mail to info@bitmaintech.com

What we need:

Your Bitmaintech.com Order Confirmation Page (PDF or printed or copy and paste)
Brief description of what is wrong with the unit.
We need your return shipping address with a phone number and e-mail address.  (If we need to, the best time to call you)

You can return defective unit with the above information printed to:

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec St. #100239
Denver, Colorado 80207
USA

Telephone: +1-844-248-6246

*Please use a service with a tracking #.  A possibility of Local Drop Off in Denver, Colorado area is considered at this time, however, we are not accepting the in-person drop off.  Please ship the package to the above address for now.

*If you have purchased the Antminer Products from else where, such as Ebay, Amazon, or craigslist or some forum, you may still be eligible for the warranty but even you were not eligible for the warranty, we may quote you for the repair parts cost to restore your units. (even back to S1)

Please run self diagnostic before you send the unit back for the warranty, as often time, it turns out to be a mis-configured unit rather than it being defective.  Misconfigured unit will cost you the return shipping fee and flat rate diagnostic fee and return shipping @ $50 per miner. (Return Shipping fee included)

I bought an S3+ from B9. I have it for around 2 weeks now. And suddenly one of the blades just stop working. Does anyone have the same issue? Do you know a fix??

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:09:27 AM

BFL attempts to wiggle free from FTC noose

DEFENDANT NASSER GHOSEIRI’S JOINDER IN DEFENDANTS’ MOTION TO DISMISS

Unlikely to happen.

Documents outlining the plan moving forward for BFL under FTC control is sealed.

ORDER granting [86] motion for leave to file Document under Seal. Signed on 10/14/14 by District Judge Brian C. Wimes. This is a TEXT ONLY ENTRY. No document is attached.(Baldwin, Joella)

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:13:33 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 12:58:30 PM by Bicknellski

More disgruntled customers of Technobit file credit card claims against their slow delivery & Other question revision of components on boards.

I am done. Your company has failed.  You have delayed to the point of no return. Therefore, I ask you to simply ask you to refund my initial deposit, and treat me as a chip conversion, otherwise, I will request a full refund. You have as of yet to ship a suitable product. Please refund my initial purchase and feel free to keep 300 USD for shipping the crap you sent. I have 5 boards that are unacceptable. Please ship me the remainder of the boards, and I will gladly ship you the shit back.

Please do not make me refute this charge, as you would clearly lose.

--------- Original Message ---------
    Subject: Re: [TechnoBit] Message from contact form [no_sync]
    Date: 10/1/14 10:56 pm
    To:
    Message from TechnoBit
    Your order was marked as shipped because the shipping started. We will send you all 50 miners.

Hi,
We did offered you refund month ago. And you refused .
Now all the boards are produced and slowly going out.
By our ToS assembly service is not refundable and you agreed to it.
And at this point We are not able to provide one.
On 26-th of Sep we shipped 12 boards
On 29-th - 10
this Monday - 20
What is the problem with these 5 - not working , broken , under performing ?
We might be able to assist .
If they are broken or non-functional we'll exchange them for you of course.
Again We understand that our delay is frustrating and you are mad on us.
and we sorry for the whole situation

Best Regards: Vesi

Your ToS? Really?

Wake the hell up. My CC is a real TOS.

You provide a service, I pay you for it, you fail to deliver, and ship faulty equipment.

Guess who wins.

Whatever.. here ya go......

I have no problems my friend. Your boards do. I will ship back bad boards as you sent an unacceptable product.

I have been more than forgiving to this point. I simply cannot continue on.

You company has failed to deliver. I am sorry. You promised a product 12 weeks ago, and even being that late you shipped faulty equipment. That is HORRIBLE!

People depend on you and if you could not deliver, you should be straight up and honest. Please refund my money, or I will refute the charge... You will lose. You failed to deliver.

Subject: Re: Re: [TechnoBit] Message from contact form [no_sync]
    Date: 10/7/14 11:57 pm

Hi,
    You have 5 sendings ( boxes) on the way to you since monday.
    What means 5 boards unnaceptable ? Broken not working at all?
    If you have troubles setting them attach them and give me TW access and I'll help
    If there is something broken I'll send you additional ones.
    I did offered you refund before the all the boards were produced.
    Now they are.
    Do have in mind By our ToS assembly service is not refundable.
    Until now I spent for shipping to you more than 700 EUR.
    I understand that our production troubles are our problem and you are furstrated.

Best Martin

I am done. Your company has failed.  You have delayed to the point of no return. Therefore, I ask you to simply ask you to refund my initial deposit, and treat me as a chip conversion, otherwise, I will request a full refund. You have as of yet to ship a suitable product. Please refund my initial purchase and feel free to keep 300 USD for shipping the crap you sent. I have 5 boards that are unacceptable. Please ship me the remainder of the boards, and I will gladly ship you the shit back.

Please do not make me refute this charge, as you would clearly lose.

Subject: Re: [TechnoBit] Message from contact form [no_sync]
    Date: 10/1/14 10:56 pm
    To:
    Message from TechnoBit
    Your order was marked as shipped because the shipping started. We will send you all 50 miners.

Customers of Group Buy Still asking for Updates and No reply from latest Technobit.eu spokesman Vesi:

Vesi,

Any word on the AMD brackets ?

up
HI,
Yours will be out today.
For others we'll put a product on the website with 0 price and no transport costs , you just have to provide your hex4m order ref

Vesi,

Please update me on the shipping date of my item.
I dont know why contacting you is so difficult but I have sent multiple pm's and as you see Above I have requested you check them many times.

I was told that my order was first going to ship out 2 mondays ago, and then I was then updated that It was going to leave last thursday.

I have had no update since and nothing has changed on the technobit order site.

Where is my order? I ordered with batch 2 with technobit in Mid July. Please send me a correct update.

Why does it seem that you can get back to everyone else on this forum immediately but I sent you a pm and a reminder message above on the 11th and then again on the 14th but you seem to be ignoring me? I dont know whats so hard about keeping good business repertoire with clients....

Im starting to ask myself if my order is being "taken seriously" over there or not but it seems like it has been put on hold in favor of other orders placed after.
 If thats not true, please update me!!!

Where are my boards? Another Technobit customer asks:

I was in Batch 1 and have not seen any boards as of yet.  How far along are we now?

Where any boards shipped out this week?  I didn't get my usual email from DHL that a package was being delivered...  Still waiting on 67 more boards plus 1 rma.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:17:58 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 02:48:10 PM by Bicknellski

or   Teapot Tempest on Bitmain S4 or Serious Issue?

Not sure what to think of the recent spam / hate / firmware / hardware issues with the S4.

Is this a problem that has a simple solution or are customers being shafted?

Need to look into this deeper. Opinions?

Sample customer comment:

Dogie, with respect - I don't want to hear the same thing from you as bitmain have been telling me & everyone else here for nearly 8 weeks. I have been in contact with bitmain over this issue here & via email this entire time, warning them about this exact thing happening, but to no avail.

I know you get paid to provide answers, but please don't just repeat what bitmain keep saying - it's patronizing & annoying.

Also, if you are going to post answers for & on behalf of bitmain, please at least try and make sure that your answers are correct & based on information from bitmain themselves. Some of your comments are quite simply wrong, leading to misinformation & confusion to other less experienced miners.

Peace  Smiley

EDIT: Example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=796839.msg9129424#msg9129424

Recent post on failed PSU's in S4's:

Power supply replacement for the Antminer S4

Dear loyal customers,

Today we have found out that the batch of power supplies shipped out in batch 1 and the first part of batch 2 Antminer S4s contain a critical defect. The customized power supply produced by AplusPower Co. Ltd is suffering from an unacceptably high failure rate and will be replaced with immediate effect.
We take full responsibility for the problems caused and had not anticipated the unique loading conditions of a miner when selecting and testing the suitability of these power supplies. You can read more about the defect in the post below.

We are now taking steps to ensure that customers are impacted as little as possible. The rest of batch 2 S4s will come with the improved power supply as standard.

The following actions are being taken for miners already delivered:

1)  If your PSU has already failed:

•   Submit a RMA request with some pictures and proof [ie with your username in the photo] of your PSU’s failure to info@bitmaintech.com.
•   We will then ship a new PSU out as soon as possible.
•   We will also issue compensation to the value of 10 days of mining profit calculated starting from shipping date

2) If your PSU has not failed and the miner is running normally:

•   We will ship a new PSU to you.
•   Please do not contact support yet, you will receive an email asking to confirm your shipping.

Analysis of power supply failures within the first batch of Antminer S4s

We are sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced regarding power supply failures, or even sporadic events of smoke from our first batch of Antminer S4s. We immediately set out to investigate the reports of failed power supplies from customers, and have made immediate changes to improve the quality of future deliveries. What happened with these power supplies is not acceptable.

The power supplies failed by two different mechanisms:

1) Failed TR1 or TR2 MOSFETs on the power factor correction (PFC) circuitry.

After investigations, it was found that the unusual service conditions a miner puts on its power supply was the cause of the failure. The repeated abrupt, dynamic loading generated significant current through the PFC circuits, eventually leading to the failure of the TR1 or TR2 MOSFETs.

The replacement power supplies have significantly upgraded PFC circuits in order to improve performance and prevent a recurrence of the problem.

2) Failed MOSFET on the output Synchronous rectifier circuit

A MOSFET on the output Synchronous rectification circuit was also found to be failing, due to the repeated and sudden load changes during the miners’ operation.

During normal operation, the output MOSFET is expected to carry a current of approximately 30A and operate at a surface temperature of around 80C. The failing MOSFET was found to be heating up significantly further than this, causing the carbonized black PCBs and smoking thermal pad.

It is worth noting that although a failed output MOSFET at high temperatures may result in some smoke from the PCB and thermal pad, it will not start a fire. All internal components of the PSU meet the requirements of the UL94-V0 flame retardancy standard, which certifies that any ignition will self-extinguish within a maximum of 10 seconds.

In response to this problem, the sample filter in the Synchronous rectifier circuits have been altered to erase the excessive current, and so the MOSFET will not fail again. In addition, several high temperature prevention circuits have been added which will better protect the power supply from overloading and excessive temperatures.

Moving forwards

We always perform significant dynamic testing on chosen power supplies, however in this case we failed to recognize the special conditions and specific loading characteristics the miner would place on the power supply. Our testing has been altered to replicate and include these loading characteristics on any power supplies introduced in the future. Once again, we are sorry.

Bitmain opens 11 Batch of S3s:

AntMiner S3+ Batch 11 opens sale now, price has dropped to 0.535btc per unit, coupon is being issued Smiley

Long time Customer Calls Bitmain Out on some issues:

Man I hate these 2 S3's I have that wont mine at 500gh/s.
I put them at 250 and they mine at 470ish, put them at 243 and they mine at 492.
You think that's bad ? You could be a batch 1 buyer that had 50% of his units unable to perform stably at 218.75mhz.

Have 3 units that can only run stably at 212.5mhz. Plan on getting around to re-pasting them in the near future to see if I can't improve things.

Ask me how annoyed I am. Especially when I emailed Bitmain early on in the S3 process and they assured me they would not be updating the S3's in the future to resolve the performance problems... And lo-and-behold the S3+ arrives a month later.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Bitmain, and more than 50% of my hash power comes from their devices, but the S3 launch did not go as well as the S1 launch, it appears the S4 launch (Don't own one) has been problematic, and given anecdotes I'm reading here, seems the community consensus is confirming my gut-feel: Bitmain is losing it's way Sad

Funny that I'm thinking of circling back to AsicMiner products for my next miner purchase...

Then on the other hand... C1. Someone is going to be building some new chips given this step:

Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool
Only Available at bitmaintech.com

The density of miners is becoming more and more important as the rapid growth of the bitcoin hash rate continues. The industry is trending towards industrial level mining, which leaves home miners without much choice for compact and quiet miners.

In response to this problem, Bitmain has developed a solution. The high end PC industry has used water cooling for years, and this expertise has been transferred to mining equipment. Bitmain is proud to announce our first Liquid Cooled Miner – the C1.

The 1st Batch of C1s are priced at 1 BTC per unit (excluding shipping), with dispatch estimated Oct. 25th

Specifications:
* Hash Rate: 1,008 GH/s guaranteed
* Power Efficiency: 0.8 Watt/GH/s at the wall
* Voltage: DC 12V input, 70A recommended, no PSU
* Water cooling block’s interface: G1/4-8 thread screw
* One 14038 Fan working with water cooling block
* Temperature: 38~40 °C at 25 °C ambient temperature
* Noise: 40~45 DB at 25 °C ambient temperature
* Ethernet connection, Stand alone
* Certificate Compliance: FCC/CE

Recommend Accessories:
Note: Bellow recommend parts are not included in C1, but a purchase links recommended on bitmaintech.com.
* Water cooling pump: Flow 450L/H, Head Pressure 3.0m, DC12V/0.5A, G1/4-8 screw threads, 1 unit
* Radiator: Aluminum, 389mm * 128mm * 36mm, G1/4-8 screw threads, 1 unit
* Fan 12025: DC12V/1A, including grills, 3 units
* Transparent tubing (ID/OD): 5/16” / 3/8” (10/8mm), 3 meters
* Coolant: If you choose an aluminum radiator, you can use deionized water with an additive, or specialist coolant. If you buy a copper radiator, you must only use specialist coolant.
* Connectors: G1/4” thread 10/8mm fittings to connect the C1 to the pump and radiator. Either compression fittings or barbs 4 units
* Spring clamps or worm drive fittings if you chose barbs, 6 units

Note:
1)   Power consumption: Quoted figures depend on your PSUs efficiency, the ambient temperature and the accuracy of the power meter.
2)   PSU: You must provide your own ATX PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input and all are required.

Features:

Stone alone: C1 mines are stand alone and do not require a proxy server or external controller. Setup consists of installing the water pump, radiator, filling the coolant, connecting a PSU and an Ethernet cable.

Cool: Skving technology is used to design New-Style water cooling block. This allows for a large heat-transfer area, which keeps the PCBs exceptionally cool. Thermal Images’ comparing liquid cooling and air cooling at 1TH/s hashing power

Quiet: Four hashing PCBs with 16 BM1382 chips per board are mounted to the both sides of two aluminum water cooling blocks, which are 250mm-long, 115mm-high and 13mm-thick. Each water cooling block contains 24 water channels for efficient heat transfer. A quiet fan works in tandem with the water cooling blocks in order to keep other board components on the C1 cool.

Stable and Accurate: Customized and optimized from the design of the S3+, the C1 is designed with the same PCBs and is supported by Serious-Double-Block Liquid Cooling technology. This allows C1s to benefit from the stability and accuracy of S3+ required to run 24 hours a day with minimal downtime.

Exquisite:
Die Casting Forming technology integrates the common heatsink with a water cooling block, compacts two water cooling blocks working in tandem. These technologies are saving space and allow for 1TH/s of power in a case the same as the S3.

C1 Pictures:

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:00:34 AM

RETURN OUR MONEY BITMINE.CH CRY OUT CUSTOMERS!

RETURN OUR MONEY

You scamming lying pieces of shit

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/geothermal-gold-why-bitcoin-mines-are-moving-iceland-1468295

Currently Bitmine have around one petahash per second (Ph/s) of mining capabilities generating around 4,000 bitcoins per month - the equivalent of around $1.2 million (£750,000, €950,000) worth of bitcoin at today's prices.

Steal thousands of coins from customers, then mine thousands more, pretty sweet gig if you want my opinion Tongue  They won't even swap my order value to cloud hashing so I can lose a little bit less than all of it.  They don't even return my very polite emails for months now.  Yup, big time fucking scam operation.

Wow they won't even refund a measly ~9 coins but can mine 4k coins a month, with 3 times that yet to deploy~!

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:32:38 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 04:27:40 PM by Bicknellski

Black Arrow and Minersource combine for EPIC FAIL!

Feel sorry for this customer even though the miner gets delivered because in this case it was so late (and even after refund was sought early) it will never make anything back for the customer. This is an epic BFL style move of mine it for all for what they are worth then deny refunds then ship it. This is inexcusable behavior. Personally I suspect that all the disreputable companies play this way.  

Well after the retards at MinerSource not listening to me and refusing my refund, an unexpected X1 arrived at my doorstep this morning. Opened it up and I am impressed by the quality of the unit as others have stated, it really is nice; but far too little too late. After powering on the unit and setting it up, it's running at 1100MHz and getting around 110-115Gh/s which is about on the money I suppose. Speaking of money, this outdated piece of junk won't even make back what I spent on it. Oh, and for the life of me, I can't get the Android phone LCD to display any stats. Just entering the details in the web browser leaves it there loading with nothing coming up; another let down. An app to display stats would have been apprecated rather than just showing a web page on it's screen.

Oh well, this fucking headache for me is over and never again will I spend a cent with BlackArrow or with MinerSource. As for the "compensation" don't worry guys, we'll never see it.

And on you poor bastards waiting for the X3's, funny how when the shoe is on the other foot, BA likes to go all legal when someone is "developing a prouct on others money and time" WHAT A JOKE! Maybe Apluspower are replacing Bitmain's PSU's because at least they know they will ship a product in a timely manner

More gouging of customers by Black Arrow because of their own failures:

08 Sept 2014: X3 Power supply recall

There have been reports that some X3s are failing. We have located this problem to be caused by the power supply.
Please note that this power supply is not manufactured by Black Arrow and has been purchased from a company in Shenzhen which sold it to us as CE certified.

After thorough investigations the power supply company has reached the conclusion that there are 3 major issues in this PSU and any PSU can fail at any time and it not safe to use. They have currently fixed the issues and are currently testing them.

Please stop using all X3s immediately!

We are recalling the X3 power supplies. Please do not ship your X3 unit or X3 Power supply back to us right now. We will contact the X3 customers later this week with more instructions on how to arrange shipping. If you have an X3 and have not received an email from us this week please contact our customer support immediately.

According to Nemesidis, this has now changed to
Please send not working ones for replacement, include ticket number as RMA number.

Unfortunately we cannot replace something that is sitting at your place, we need to receive it, file it and find a cause. After that, replacements will be issued. We are unable to replace units or parts, without receiving ones that has problems back. Please note that if found working, or mechanically damaged, additional charges can be applied for replacement and testing of such parts.

1) Recall all PSUs and tell people to unplug and RMA them.
2) If any of the PSUs actually does work, charge customers an additional fee for testing and replacement.
3) PROFIT!!!

This is complete and total bullshit.

This is crazy.  What sort of company do this to customer?

YOU built machine that is fire hazard.  YOU pay all cost to fix.

How they ask customer to ship to China, the customer pay to ship, then they pay to test and more to replace.  How does this make sense to any person?

Machine is very late, is now useless, no longer make anything, all customers lose money.  BA already break price matching promise, BA already break promise of refunds, BA ship product that is a fire hazard, so people cannot run and now BA ask people to pay MORE money to fix problem made by BA.

I see now that they do not want to pay to fix this problem, they hope people will not send back and try to fix by own way or not fix and run this and maybe burn their house.  BA do not care if people do not have product that even turn on, or if it burns house.

I think someone is angry at Black Arrow:

Dude, don't mince words - tell us what you're really thinking Wink

Well, OK. 

I'd like to see them all in jail getting gang raped by a bunch of very large men that were put into jail for having peckers too large to be legal.

The weekly progress update could include a medical rundown of how many stitches it took to get their asses back in working order after shower time and who might have caught some nasty disease this week.

I'd eat that up like a box of Girl Scout cookies. Grin

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:16:48 AM

Home Mining Reality Check. Time to stop buying miners was 6 months or more ago.

Given all the numbers available it makes little sense right now to buy miners for small scale or home use if you are looking to get a return or find profit.

Do you have some comments on how mining will turn now? A lot of home miners stopped mining due to -ve ROI.
Interesting question. All the more interesting because no one has actually asked me before on the forums, even though I've discussed it at length on IRC and am very happy at any time for people to know what I think.

Mining died for the community/home miner a long time ago. It's just that the community miners haven't realised or accepted it yet. Community mining is only 15% of the hashrate now and shrinking. They're always hopeful and expectant but there really is no reason for them to be that way. Mining has gone to the data halls and the massive farms, mostly run by the manufacturers themselves who have the ability to create hardware on the cheap and offer it to the select few entities who can help their mining operations or provide funding or cheap hosting, instead of the consumer buyer market which is annoying, small time, noisy and boring. The only reason they continue to sell to that regular consumer market is there are enough people who have unrealistic expectations of making a profit somehow because they simply cannot believe that the numbers are stacked against them, such that the hardware manufacturers can charge a ridiculous premium to sell to that market to make it worth their while.

This should come as no surprise to anyone who's been watching bitcoin at large, but it will continue to surprise bitcoin miners, past, present and future. The reason miners don't see it is they're so blinded by the concept of a "money making machine" or the "goose that laid the golden egg" that they just can't see it.

Here's a quote of mine. Note the date on it:

Long term, cgminer will be the lowest overhead c software to drive ASICs to do bitcoin mining, with lots of code in it that is no longer relevant to BTC mining. What I really worry about, is that new hardware will continue to come out frequently enough that people end up on a cycle of investing in hardware that basically never pays itself off as slightly newer hardware and higher diffs keep coming out. Sure at some stage the limits of technology will be reached, but given the best tech at the moment is going to be 65nm ASICs when CPUs are 28nm devices, I can see the cycle going on for some time, and then even if btc mining ASICs end up in line with CPU manufacturers, they still continue to evolve over time. Dramatic profits from ASICs will likely only last a couple of weeks at most for a lucky few. The rest of you who paid for devices that don't even exist yet will not be making any magical profit no matter how big the hashrate appears. Your proportion of the total bitcoin hashrate will remain pitiful.

To give you an idea of how long this has been known to the bitcoin community, even if miners refuse to see it, I think it's best to leave the final word to Satoshi himself, the inventor of bitcoin:

The current system where every user is a network node is not the intended configuration for large scale.  That would be like every Usenet user runs their own NNTP server.  The design supports letting users just be users.  The more burden it is to run a node, the fewer nodes there will be.  Those few nodes will be big server farms.  The rest will be client nodes that only do transactions and don't generate.

opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:27:29 PM

Well put together. And it makes sense that it would scale to larger farms. Most people have this idealistic view that they should be mining in their homes for profit. It just is not going to happen unless there is some kind of HUGE semiconductor revolution that solves the engineering problems of heat and performance.

At the end of the day if anything a miner should have a plan to expand into large farm. It is possible, just gotta plan it out and put the work into it.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 02:42:28 AM

Please kindly add BitCrane to your list of manufacturers. http://www.bitcrane.com/

They have a phone number and a business address and they respond readily to e-mail and also have shipped their products out with no issues.

I've had extensive dealings with them and they're a stand up company with a track record of at least two iterations of miners (the T110 and T110S) which actually are still selling units. They also ship from stock.

Leaving them out would be unfair given their thus far excellent business practices. I think Dogie, bobsag3 and maidak all received their units as well.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:36:52 AM

Please kindly add BitCrane to your list of manufacturers. http://www.bitcrane.com/

They have a phone number and a business address and they respond readily to e-mail and also have shipped their products out with no issues.

I've had extensive dealings with them and they're a stand up company with a track record of at least two iterations of miners (the T110 and T110S) which actually are still selling units. They also ship from stock.

Leaving them out would be unfair given their thus far excellent business practices. I think Dogie, bobsag3 and maidak all received their units as well.

For transparency sake, you really should disclose your business relationship with them perhaps in your sig or wherever you post about them.

Hi I am an actual paying customer. For full disclosure one of my gadget companies GeekZen is also now an authorized distributor of BitCrane as well. I only entered into the distributorship after I had purchased the miners myself and was happy with it.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 08:50:38 AM

Of course, never intended to hide it though I am only asking them to take into consideration. Even without my comments, it is clear that they shipped and have a product that they sold from stock. It's their own product (despite not ma nufacturing their own chips).

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 12:57:26 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2014, 05:58:34 PM by Bicknellski

Of course, never intended to hide it though I am only asking them to take into consideration. Even without my comments, it is clear that they shipped and have a product that they sold from stock. It's their own product (despite not manufacturing their own chips).

I will only add fabricators that have a number of happy / sad customers. What you have stipulated are known agents or resellers and given Minersource's lack of refunds for some of their product lines I would rather not add Bitcrane based on that crappy company's recommendation. Bobsag has a so many wonky deals that if he is recommending it you want to have a long hard look at it. I'd prefer adding Bitcrane if customers come forward. Not seen any customers yet.

And at this point I think it is better to be clear that mining on the small or home scale is done like dinner, for the short term and possibly forever.

There might be some use for home scale mining for altcoins given the potential growth vs the difficulty of getting coins on exchange. Then again if they are hard to get on exchange there is little point to a coin then as well.

$1300 for 1THs is so 6 months ago! Lol. Who on earth would pay that much these days? You can buy an S4 and get 2THs for the same price.

That's why I'm waiting.  Even the S4 with a coupon is still a little overpriced.  You can pick up used Dragons in the $400ish range, so $800-900 should be the sweet spot.  But what do I know, Bitmain seems to be doing well.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:58:31 AM

Technobit goes dark on customer questions.

Hello? Anyone out there in technobit land?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:29:42 AM

Technobit's no answer answers.

And the shell game continues. Given the current price of BTC anyone buying miners really should not be buying from people who are willfully ripping people off without compensation. 15 weeks?

Hello? Anyone out there in technobit land?
Hi,
We are here.
Shipping every day.
If your order is packed you are getting e-mail .
Again We know you wait too long and we sorry about that situation.
If you want off the deal , just give us shipping address and we'll ship you back the chips

Thanks Vesi, but my question specifically asked where you are in the queue,  and how you were handling the queue.  Are you almost done with batch 1 orders?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:09:41 AM

And the band plays on. Technobit.eu is not the manufacturer you are looking for.

Where any boards shipped out this week?  I didn't get my usual email from DHL that a package was being delivered...  Still waiting on 67 more boards plus 1 rma.

second week of no boards delivered. still waiting for 67 more boards.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:11:45 AM

And the shut down's of smaller miners continues... why are you buying miners?

The signs are there. Are you reading the signs people? 5 cents a KWh.

You can also add me to the turning it off bunch. Moving out of colo, and retiring some 50+ TH of FrankenJups, S1s, Dragons, SP10s, S3s and BTCGardens.

We're moving 60TH to a warehouse with 5 cent power and about 50kw of capacity, and after the winter we'll likely be totally out. With the warehouse we can turn it off/on when profitable, which doesn't work in a colo situation.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: