Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:30:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company  (Read 104093 times)
soossii

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 06:08:43 PM

I don't see to be able to view the motion details with bmc.py  Sad

Following the tutorial I enter:
Code:
bmc.py motions
and get back:
Code:
{u'motion_ids': [7]}
The I try to view the motion with:
Code:
bmc.py motion 7
But bmc.py crashes with:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bmc.py", line 355, in <module>
    app.run()
  File "./bmc.py", line 335, in run
    self.branch(args)
  File "./bmc.py", line 326, in branch
    return getattr(self, args.command)(args)
  File "./bmc.py", line 286, in motion
    ret=self.request('asset/motion',{'motion_id':args.motion_id})
  File "./bmc.py", line 306, in request
    ret = json.loads(ret)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 360, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 378, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Voting itself seems to work though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FireFox31

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2011, 06:12:49 PM

I do not feel comfortable divulging the information you have requested, mostly because I plan on working with many thousands of dollars of computers that someone could simply come take from me if they knew exactly where I lived as well as the layout and location of the building.

"Security by obscurity."  Not good.  Invest in physical security so people can't "simply" take the shareholder's rigs.

Otherwise, a good idea, decent execution, and good transparency.  A good start.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 06:16:03 PM

I do not feel comfortable divulging the information you have requested, mostly because I plan on working with many thousands of dollars of computers that someone could simply come take from me if they knew exactly where I lived as well as the layout and location of the building.

"Security by obscurity."  Not good. 

Used alone, this is true.  Used as part of a comprehensive security plan, it most certainly is.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 06:37:27 PM

So far only 288/808 votes have come in.  The current tally is 288 yea, 0 nay.
I mean, we're voting on increasing our share value by 25% within a week...! Wink
If someone started a vote to increase share value to 10 BTC this would as well be upvoted I guess!

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Tawsix (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 07:01:45 PM

"Security by obscurity."  Not good.  Invest in physical security so people can't "simply" take the shareholder's rigs.

Otherwise, a good idea, decent execution, and good transparency.  A good start.

As creighto mentioned, this is just one part of the security plan.  The building itself is not easy to break in (I doubt there is anyone alive who could kick down the door and isn't an elephant) and will be monitored either directly (someone on location) or remotely (security cameras) at all times.  The "simply" part of my sentence was rather misleading, as someone would have to either cut through the door or run a vehicle through it, both of which are rather conspicuous ways of gaining entry.

So far only 288/808 votes have come in.  The current tally is 288 yea, 0 nay.
I mean, we're voting on increasing our share value by 25% within a week...! Wink

That's the outcome I was expecting, this was more to get people accustomed to the process, test it out, and work out the bugs (a large one seems to have been found already!) 

If someone started a vote to increase share value to 10 BTC this would as well be upvoted I guess!

Patience, the time will come Wink

cschmitz

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2011, 10:26:45 PM

It puzzles me that there are plenty of very specific questions on operational efficiency have been raised by others and me and from all the replies you post, these are always excempt and never recieve any reply. Why is that?
It was asked, repeatedly, why mining with initial rigs has not started, it costs shareholder money.
It was asked how exactly the rigs are set up, the mhas/s numbers and cost you state are far from ideal, so it could be either an "unoptimized newbie build" or a "cash-sink".
It was just today again asked how exactly the mining operation will commence. This was again not answered. A Zero-% Pool would give, via API access to shareholder, a third party datasource regarding generated BTC, a feature highly desireable to shareholders at ZERO cost via say btcmine.com.
Why are these concerns not taken seriously, especially since points raised and suggestions made would significantly improve the business you are so fond of.

proud 5.x gh/s miner. tips welcome at 1A132BPnYMrgYdDaRyLpRrLQU4aG1WLRtd
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 03:15:00 PM

Today I have sold 670.99 BTC for $4799.73 USD, which is enough to buy 5 rigs @ $937.33 each.  This will produce a total of around 5300 Mhash/sec, which is enough to produce 50 BTC in about 2 days 6 hours.  These rigs will be involved in pooled mining until enough power is available to generate more than 1 block per day.  Once these rigs come on-line, the funds generated from them will be used in conjunction with continued investment.  From this point on, all Bitcoins generated and invested will be sold and spent as quickly as possible.

The vote to reissue and reprice unsold shares is currently at 455 yea, 201 nay.  Your reasons for voting would be much appreciated, I would like to here arguments against raising the price of the stocks being issued.  Voting ends tonight at midnight.

vess

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 03:58:30 PM

No, Tawsix is right to do what he plans to do; the point of this company is to mine. (Oh, and pay dividends). If we wanted to hold BTC for speculation, we could do it on our own.

I'm the CEO of CoinLab (www.coinlab.com) and the Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, I will identify if I'm speaking for myself or one of the organizations when I post from this account.
vess

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 05:29:58 PM

This sounds so true, and I agree that some hedging would be good.

Bitcoins are not very like wheat, though, for a variety of reasons.

I don't believe that holding bitcoins for long periods is sensible for a mining business, that is to say, if one believes that a mining business is a good business to be in, then holding bitcoins should only be for hedging purposes, not an 'investment' strategy. The mining is the investment strategy.

I'm the CEO of CoinLab (www.coinlab.com) and the Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation, I will identify if I'm speaking for myself or one of the organizations when I post from this account.
vess

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 09:23:16 PM

Now we're on the same page. : )

I await comments from the businessman himself here in this thread.

kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 02:06:34 AM

It puzzles me that there are plenty of very specific questions on operational efficiency have been raised by others and me and from all the replies you post, these are always excempt and never recieve any reply. Why is that?
It was asked, repeatedly, why mining with initial rigs has not started, it costs shareholder money.
It was asked how exactly the rigs are set up, the mhas/s numbers and cost you state are far from ideal, so it could be either an "unoptimized newbie build" or a "cash-sink".
It was just today again asked how exactly the mining operation will commence. This was again not answered. A Zero-% Pool would give, via API access to shareholder, a third party datasource regarding generated BTC, a feature highly desireable to shareholders at ZERO cost via say btcmine.com.
Why are these concerns not taken seriously, especially since points raised and suggestions made would significantly improve the business you are so fond of.

Agree 100%.
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 05:35:46 PM

Agree 100%.

I don't have time to respond to naysayers.  If he asked his questions in a professional manner instead of accusing me of theft and incompetence in every post, I would have been more than happy to respond.

Now we're on the same page. : )

I await comments from the businessman himself here in this thread.

I misspoke, only invested BTC will be sold and spent as it comes in, generated BTC will be sold as required to grow and pay for operations.

Update: The components for 5 rigs have been purchased.  As GLBSE is currently down, I am unable to further withdraw funds or reissue and reprice the current unsold shares as voted upon by the shareholders.  I will be checking again later tonight, and I will most likely be making another purchase with the new funds.  Once again, I sincerely thank all those who have invested so far, you're the reason the dream is alive!

kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 08:47:35 PM

Agree 100%.

I don't have time to respond to naysayers.  If he asked his questions in a professional manner instead of accusing me of theft and incompetence in every post, I would have been more than happy to respond.

But it's not just one user.  Sukrim has asked several legitimate technical questions that weren't antagonistic.
clouds

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 07:07:56 AM

Thanks for setting all this up, Tawsix.  Now that 5 rigs have been ordered, to you have an estimate for what day those will be delivered to you, and what day actual mining might start?
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 01:47:54 PM

Agree 100%.

But it's not just one user.  Sukrim has asked several legitimate technical questions that weren't antagonistic.

Unless you have a question regarding the company or it's operation, I just don't have time to go back and forth arguing about non-company things.

Thanks for setting all this up, Tawsix.  Now that 5 rigs have been ordered, to you have an estimate for what day those will be delivered to you, and what day actual mining might start?

We'll have all of the components for the rigs by June 1, which is the worst case scenario.  One of our orders took longer to process than they had estimated, so the date shipped went from Friday to "sometime next week", so I'm in contact with them about changing the shipping rate so it gets here before next weekend.  I will be assembling the rigs as the parts arrive, so as soon as the last components come, the rigs will be finished and put into operation.

hiVe

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
May 21, 2011, 05:42:43 PM

Okay, if those who really invested in this joke [for whatever brain damaged reason] and are reading the posts here...say good-bye to your funds...how can anyone be so naive is just beyond me or anyone with a bit of sanity xD

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
Amechan

Activity: 105

Spreading Bitcoin love

View Profile
May 22, 2011, 08:00:01 AM

As this is all uncharted waters I have to disagree with you.
I don't think anyone will lose their shirt on this project.
As with everything to do with bit coin I think of it as an experiment.
For the price of a coffee people are able to pool their money and take a chance that something exciting will happen.
If its a failure or a scam I am out a lunch. If it works out then I get a free lunch.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 08:40:04 AM

Watch out people! Tawsix has promised he would be "highly transparent [...] to the public and potential investors", in his promotional video, yet he has failed to meet that promise. He avoids all questions about the rigs he is purchasing, requests to mine in a pool for investors to monitor the mined coins, he is a new user with no track record, employs extravaguant eloquence that only a sleazy salesman would use ("You have provided the solid ground for others to build upon, the ability to reach untold heights that could not be reached alone" Roll Eyes ), etc. Smells like a scam to me...

If I am wrong, well Tawsix, you are not helping.
hiVe

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

https://www.soar.earth/

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 12:33:52 PM

Exactly my thoughts. Now people...go figure, im not some sort of "random" with weird opinions,  here's the insight from someone that has a "track record" -> mrb

Don't be stupid, don't allow some shady or incompetent figure make a bad name for Bitcoin, this whole deal smells so badly that it makes me want to puke.

▄  ▄
             ▄█▌  ▐█▄
            ███    ███▄
          ▄████    ████▄
        ▄██████▌  ▐██████▄
       ▄████████  ████████▄
      ███████▀▀    ▀▀███████
    ▄███████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
   ▄███████▌   ▀██▀   ▐███████▄
  █████▀▀                ▀▀█████
 ███▀▀      ▄██▄▄▄▄██▄      ▀▀███
▀▀       ▄▄████████████▄▄       ▀▀
    ▄▄▄████████████████████▄▄▄   
▄████████████████████████████████▄

▄██████████████      ▄▄████████▄▄            ▄█▄          ▐█████████████▄ 
▐██▀                ▄███▀▀    ▀▀███▄         ▄███▄         ▐██        ▀▀███
███                ▐██▀          ▀██▌       ▄██▀██▄        ▐██          ▐██▌
▀███▄▄    ▄▄▄▄     ██▌            ▐██      ▄██▀ ▀██▄       ▐██        ▄▄███
  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀███▄   ██▌            ▐██     ▄██▀   ▀██▄      ▐██    ▄▄█████▀ 
             ███   ▐██▄          ▄██▌    ▄██▀     ▀██▄     ▐██      ▀██▄   
            ▄██▌    ▀███▄▄    ▄▄███▀    ▄██▀       ▀██▄    ▐██        ███  
██████████████▀       ▀▀████████▀▀     ██████████▄  ▀███   ▐██         ▀██▄

World's 1st Fully Democratised
SUPER-MAP Using Drone Content
  / 
   FOR DRONE ENTHUSIAST  

▪ PRIVATE SALE REGISTRATION
  ▪ PUBLIC SALE: Sep 29th 2018

██████████████████            ██████████████████
       ███           ▄███▄           ▐███
       ▀████████████████████████████████▀
               ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀
                    ▄█████▄
                  ███████████
              ▄▄████▀█████▀████▄▄
            ███▀▀    ▀███▀    ▀▀███
            ▐█         █         █▌
                      ▀█▀

JOIN THE PRESALE             
WHITEPAPER   PRIMER     TELEGRAM
TECHPAPER     TWITTER   MEDIUM

Live Demo
cschmitz

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 12:38:47 PM

If I am wrong, well Tawsix, you are not helping.

Yup, its why i have been pointing out that its 95% chance its a scam and 5% its a really bad investment. Such stuff is bad for the community.
I think if Tawsix ever posts anything again it will be along the lines of "i am tired of people accusing me of scamming, hence i am annoyed so fux you, i am out of this and blame the ppl who were asking questions" type of excuse.

proud 5.x gh/s miner. tips welcome at 1A132BPnYMrgYdDaRyLpRrLQU4aG1WLRtd
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: