Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:44:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company  (Read 104089 times)
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 01:33:23 PM

Yep. Until there is a specific function from GLBSE let's go with a mock motion and have an alert to the mock motion posted here. Hope Nefarious is going to start rewarding us for these development ideas ;0)
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gui_0

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:10:59 PM

Yep. Until there is a specific function from GLBSE let's go with a mock motion and have an alert to the mock motion posted here. Hope Nefarious is going to start rewarding us for these development ideas ;0)

I think WE should be thanking him :p
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 02:29:46 PM

Is there any sort of SLA for your investors? Asking because poor weather, moody ISP (personal line I assume with no SLA), etc. means there are many variables that may cause you significant downtime.

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
https://www.bitworks.io
zapeta

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:44:53 PM

I will be making some big announcements tomorrow!  Currently working on a rig that's giving me difficulty, other than that we're chugging along.
As an investor of your share I'd like to receive information like that before they're publicly available in this forum. I'd think this gives even more incentives to invest in your share.

I do think communication is important.  I want to see an update when something good or bad happens or there is news to share.  But overall I'd really rather Tawsix not waste his time typing up some announcement to shareholders on GLBSE or something, and then come here and have to post the same 5 minutes later.  If there is some announcement that can't be shared publicly then it might be useful to have a message shareholders function in GLBSE but I'm guessing it won't take long for the announcement to be leaked out to this thread.  I check this thread every day but I don't log in to GLBSE every day so even if there is a shareholder announcement on there I probably wouldn't see it until someone mentioned or posted it here.

Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:52:59 PM

I am currently a shareholder.

Three things are currently preventing me from making any further investment ...

(1) The lack of any Finance Sheet for the SIN stock - see and for two excellent examples for UBX and CM400 respectively.

(2) The lack of any dividend payout or dividend schedule. There was previous discussion of monthly and then daily dividend payouts. What's the latest on this ?

(3) The lack of any SLA as highlighted by padrino.

Take this as intended - constructive criticism. I have already invested - I am happy with the achievements of our company and the risks I can ascertain thus far.

What I hope, is that with these three issues resolved, we can increase the confidence of potential investors and for potential further investment by existing shareholders.

This will get the remaining IPO shares sold and hopefully put some upward pressure on the share price, as the actual and perceived value of our company grows.

Is there any sort of SLA for your investors? Asking because poor weather, moody ISP (personal line I assume with no SLA), etc. means there are many variables that may cause you significant downtime.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 03:00:31 PM

(1) The lack of any Finance Sheet for the SIN stock - see and for two excellent examples for UBX and CM400 respectively.

(2) The lack of any dividend payout or dividend schedule. There was previous discussion of monthly and then daily dividend payouts. What's the latest on this ?

Take this as intended - constructive criticism. I have already invested - I am happy with the achievements of our company and the risks I can ascertain thus far.

What I hope, is that with these three issues resolved, we can increase the confidence of potential investors and for potential further investment by existing shareholders.

This will get the remaining IPO shares sold and hopefully put some upward pressure on the share price, as the actual and perceived value of our company grows.

With regards dividends, tawsix attempted to make a payment but got an error, it's something I'm investigating ATM.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:08:24 PM

Set up Notifications for your account here on this and similar threads for shares you have invested in - saves any laborious manual checking of threads.

Alerts to announcements made through GLBSE can then been posted here - thus only shareholders have access to the information, until it is shared publicly by posting the content here - something I think only Tawsix should ever do, for such information.

Responses to the announcements made through GLBSE should be made via PM to Tawsix (or other similar private method).

That said, I am actually a little apprehensive about the private communication to existing shareholders ...

Does it not rather go against the "Highly transparent" commitment of our company, stated in the Youtube presentation.

As a publicly traded company, I would hope we wouldn't want any "insider trading" or similar.

I will be making some big announcements tomorrow!  Currently working on a rig that's giving me difficulty, other than that we're chugging along.
As an investor of your share I'd like to receive information like that before they're publicly available in this forum. I'd think this gives even more incentives to invest in your share.

I do think communication is important.  I want to see an update when something good or bad happens or there is news to share.  But overall I'd really rather Tawsix not waste his time typing up some announcement to shareholders on GLBSE or something, and then come here and have to post the same 5 minutes later.  If there is some announcement that can't be shared publicly then it might be useful to have a message shareholders function in GLBSE but I'm guessing it won't take long for the announcement to be leaked out to this thread.  I check this thread every day but I don't log in to GLBSE every day so even if there is a shareholder announcement on there I probably wouldn't see it until someone mentioned or posted it here.

Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:09:33 PM

Thanks for the update on that Nefario.

With regards dividends, tawsix attempted to make a payment but got an error, it's something I'm investigating ATM.

Nefario.
eturnerx

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:55:48 PM

Ummmm informing shareholders ahead of the general public is insider trading. So yep, while it's great for shareholders it does nothing to make Bitcoin investing look less like the wild west. I'm against insider trading!
Most jurisdictions have securities laws about this - and most RL exchanges provide (or at least list) acceptable methods for public notification.
Please keep all updates in this public forum. So no to insider trading!
(Yes, I am a shareholder)
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 09:27:22 PM

Ummmm informing shareholders ahead of the general public is insider trading. So yep, while it's great for shareholders it does nothing to make Bitcoin investing look less like the wild west. I'm against insider trading!
Most jurisdictions have securities laws about this - and most RL exchanges provide (or at least list) acceptable methods for public notification.

I think shareholders should receive information in an organized report. The same information that is made public over the period of time since the last report was sent out.
josell

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 02:00:45 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2011, 02:26:29 AM by josell

I've buy 50 shares; what should I generate at the end of the contract considering of the current difficulty?

My payment will be in my balance, sure?
Sorry, Im new on shares and stocks.
Tawsix (OP)

Activity: 210

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:17:43 AM

1. I am considering this.
2. Payout is currently bugged, I tried last night as stated by Nefario and it threw an error.  He is currently working on a solution and has taken down the market until the problem has been rectified.  I am strongly considering weekly payouts at this time in order to allow for weekly growth.
3. I am unsure how this would be implemented or enforced.

Once again, I am going to be paying out dividends on the BTC generated as soon as the problems at GLBSE are fixed.  I have decided that the first payout will be 100% of profits.  I have already sold my portion of the dividends (when BTC was still above $28) and reinvested it in the company.  This has allowed us to purchase two more rigs, which are currently being shipped.  Unfortunately, one of the motherboards has kicked the proverbial bucket, and so we are currently operating with 6 rigs.  A replacement and RMA will be ordered tomorrow so we can get back to full capacity.  Sometime this week we will be attempting to migrate from BTCmine to a no fee pool.

A reminder: when attempting to buy shares on GLBSE through the command line interface, 1 BTC = 100000000.

josell

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 04:52:06 AM

A reminder: when attempting to buy shares on GLBSE through the command line interface, 1 BTC = 100000000.
Sorry for my ignorance: I bought a lot of your share, but my balance had no decreased. I dont understand.
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:08:22 AM

Sorry for my ignorance: I bought a lot of your share, but my balance had no decreased. I dont understand.

If you look at http://twitter.com/#!/GLBSE you can see all of the recent orders and trades on GLBSE.  If those last few are yours, you're entering incorrect amounts.  For example, the very last order you made was a buy order for .1 BTC per share.  An easy way to convert BTC amount into the correct GLBSE number is to divide the amount (say 1 BTC) by .00000001, which would give 100000000.  You entered 10000000, which is .1 BTC and not 1 BTC.  Currently GLBSE is down until the problem with dividend payment is corrected, so you won't be able to buy any right now, but when it comes back up you should be able to.

eturnerx

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:45:54 AM

^This. When Tawsix gets time a read only google doc spreadsheet will work well for this. It's the kinda thing many poker stakers used to keep backers informed.

Pretty hard for Tawsix to offer investors SLAs - especially given that this is not a time-length contract like Centimine/CM400. I'd prefer that he didn't try because the maths working one out would mean a percentage cut from out profits. Likely that percentage would be greater than the actual risk.
A related question would be: Does Tawsix have SLA with any of his suppliers? Internet / Power?
eturnerx

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:48:35 AM

It's likely the the order is in the system but did not go through. Use that following commands:

bmc balance    - Tells you what your balance is
bmc folio         - Tells you what shares you own
bmc orders      - Tells you what orders you have open (ie waiting for a market to be made to a trade to occur)
bmc depth SIN - Tells you the price and amount of open orders for the stock SIN. Useful!

Hope that helps.
Capitan

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 07:38:05 AM

I think shareholders should receive information in an organized report. The same information that is made public over the period of time since the last report was sent out.

It's nice that you think that, everyone wants to be privvy to information that others aren't, in order to get an edge, but that is not how publicly traded companies work. Everyone gets the same information at the same time.

One of the problems with Bitcoins is that people think they are reinventing a brand new miraculous economy, but what they are doing is regressing to a period way back in in the early days of American economy, before there was regulation. There is no law in bitcoin land, it really is the wild west. And people should be careful because there are tons of other predatory parties on the prowl looking to take advantage of the people who haven't read their history books.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2011, 08:37:16 AM

Servers and market is back up, bug has been fixed (bloody should be at least).

Should be able to pay dividends.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 10:36:47 AM

Dividends have been paid out!  A total of 34.235 BTC was paid to 1466 shares!  As noted above, an equal amount of BTC was reinvested back into the company to pay for my shares, most of which was sold when BTC was still above $28, which allowed us to purchase 2 more rigs. 

Congratulations and thanks to all those who have invested so far!

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 11:34:15 AM

Thank you, reinvested in a few shares Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: