Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:13:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company  (Read 104093 times)
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:19:35 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2011, 08:22:32 AM by server

remove the javascript miner can be removed from the chart website http://shrp.me/sin/.
This has nothing to do with sharp, I appriciate your work, but I find bitcoinplus always annoying and a waste of cpu cycles/energy.

You can disable bitcoinplus by adding the next lines to your C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS file:

127.0.0.1      www.bitcoinplus.com
127.0.0.1      bitcoinplus.com

Code:
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
#      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server
#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host

127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.0.1      www.bitcoinplus.com
127.0.0.1      bitcoinplus.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 07:28:43 PM

If you stated on the page that a JavaScript miner was attached to the page and why I doubt anyone would have an issue.

remove the javascript miner can be removed from the chart website http://shrp.me/sin/.

Here's the reality of the situation:
  • I, sharp, wrote code (which makes the graphs) and provide a service (logging data 24 hours a day and serving the graphs)
  • I have gotten paid for my labor one time, for about 1.5 hours of work, by SIN, via a vote taken of SINs shareholders
  • I pay server costs out of pocket
  • My server also hosts a bunch of other stuff, none of which contributes to paying server costs
  • I like gifting service on my server when i can
  • SIN is a money making operation
  • Beyond a link on the OP, and a one time payment for my labor, I am not endorsed by SIN. The graph page is my page and does not belong to SIN. (In other words, don't complain to Tawsix about a javascript miner on my page.
  • If all of the different projects on my server were to chip in equally, (which they don't,) the graph page's share would be a couple bucks per month.

I'm conflicted about this. On one hand, I put up the graphs as a free service (and ask for donations) because I want them to exist, plain and simple. On the other hand, my labor (some of which has been paid, but will continue without expectation of payment), and my service are benefiting others financially. I have received no donations to date -- not something I wish to complain about -- but the javascript miner on the page did not appear without thought given about what it was I was doing with my time. If there's lots of demand for the miner to be removed, I'll remove it.

-Sharp
ADgordo

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 05, 2011, 09:05:53 PM

Someone should throw up a small website on one of those free webhosting services to collect all the SkepsiDyne info in one place.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 12:51:41 AM

js-miners are just SO slow that most likely the added traffic from the script costs more than what will be mined.

If you need money, put some (google) ads somewhere or opensource the code and call it quits.

You could also host it on a free webhost, like google appengine for example.

Hiding a JS-miner invisibly somewhere however will rather lead to antivirus warnings and angy people than to substantial income.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
Tawsix (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
July 06, 2011, 03:57:43 AM

I must ask that partners not accost those who provide free services for the company out of the goodness of their hearts, I would think it tends to make people who would otherwise render such services think twice about doing so.

Tawsix ...

Until / if the GLBSE system reports where a dividend originated from, can you please place the following in the first post (keep the total payout to date value if you want - I realise that has impact too) ...

Date, Total Payout, Payout / share

This makes it much easier to check that dividends have been received correctly into the GLBSE accounts.

This isn't a trust issue with you, it is a necessary bit of admin, when everything is so beta still a.t.m.

Dividends are paid out!  Please read the previous post with numbers and information:

Code:
Dividends have been paid out!  A total of 53.87 BTC was generated.  15 BTC was used to pay for electricity.  19.435 BTC was paid out to investors, and an equal amount was reinvested in the company to pay for my shares.  The following is a report detailing SIN purchases and expenses since the last payout:

Money spent on new rigs (4): $4606.26
Money spent on electric bill: $224
Money spent on electrical hardware: $352.12
Total spent: $5182.38

Thanks again to all of the investors!

I will be working tonight on getting the last two rigs up.  I will post an update then. 

Happy Fourth of July to all our American partners!

That will be no problem at all!

Update: I didn't get much time today to work on the two rigs, they are being rather difficult.  There may be faulty hardware to blame but I am going to exhaust all options before throwing in the towel and getting an RMA.  Other than that, we're churning right along, we've got a new rig ordered and things are moving along smoothly.  I will post more tomorrow after I've put some more time into the two rigs.

boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:41:28 PM

Usually this thread doesn't need any bumpage, but i guess it could use one now.

Any news of the new rigs, Tawsix?
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 04:40:34 AM

Usually this thread doesn't need any bumpage, but i guess it could use one now.

Any news of the new rigs, Tawsix?

I always appreciate someone else bumping the thread, it's embarrassing when I have to double-post Wink.

The two rigs that are currently down are being rather stubborn... I am starting to fear that there may be a hardware malfunction, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to tinker with them.  Tomorrow we'll know for sure though.  The new rig we ordered will be arriving sometime next week!  Also, one of the fans on one of our cards broke so I had to take it out (it was making an awful racket from the vibrations of being off-balance) so we have a rig running down a card.  I've contacted the manufacturer about a replacement fan so we should hear back from them soon.

I will be on more tomorrow and therefore much more responsive, I've had a very busy week so far which is why I missed posting yesterday.

Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:18:37 PM

Update: got one of the down rigs back up, the second should be up within the hour!  Also, dividends are paid out tonight!

New rig scheduled to arrive before the middle of next week, so that will bring us up to 14 computers.  Depending on my share payment and how much we've got invested, we will probably be ordering another rig tonight.

Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:49:04 AM

Dividends have been paid out!  A total of 43.77 BTC was generated.  11.3 BTC was used to pay for electricity.  16.235 BTC was paid out to investors, and an equal amount was reinvested in the company to pay for my shares.  Payout per share was .00800147 BTC.  The following is a report detailing SIN purchases and expenses since the last payout:

Money spent on new rigs (1): $1445.92
Money spent on electric bill: $163.8
Total spent: $1609.72

We have two malfunctioning GPUs right now, so we're down almost a whole rig, but replacement GPUs are already ordered so we'll be back up to full production by the end of the week.  I have also finished a direct cooling system which allowed for us to overclock our GPUs!  I will post again tomorrow on the status of the new rig as well as the replacement GPUs.

Thanks again to all of the investors!

edit: I also think that our graphs are broken, they don't seem to have updated in a while...

REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:49:43 PM

this sucks. your extremely unlucky with malfunctioning and DOA parts.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 04:30:05 PM

No, I think that bitcoin miners have higher...needs(right word?) than the average gamer.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:00:34 PM

A surprisingly high percentage of computer hardware is defective from the getgo.  Considering the fact that he has 14 motherboards, 14 sticks of ram, 14 PSU's, 14 processors, and 28 video cards, well, that's 84 pieces of hardware that could be DOA.  Having only 3 parts (that I am aware of) arrive DOA is actually a pretty good percentage...
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 06:01:18 PM

A surprisingly high percentage of computer hardware is defective from the getgo.  Considering the fact that he has 14 motherboards, 14 sticks of ram, 14 PSU's, 14 processors, and 28 video cards, well, that's 84 pieces of hardware that could be DOA.  Having only 3 parts (that I am aware of) arrive DOA is actually a pretty good percentage...

This, numbers game. Google's had to deal with this for hard drives, they've got their famous study. Bitcoin miners could probably do the same for GPU's.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
weinerk

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 10:53:03 PM

Aprox APR return on investment:

Latest dividend return - 1.24% (0.0080015BTC in 6 days on 0.75BTC investment)
Aprox annualized return on investment just from dividends alone (not counting equity) = 60-70% APR
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 03:34:37 PM

We have ordered a new rig, which is scheduled to arrive by the end of the week.  The rig ordered last week is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, which will bring us up to 14 rigs.

Also, I registered skepsidyne.com a little while ago and recently I threw some pages together (it looks awful but it's concise) that contains some information about the company for people who don't want to sift through this thread for answers.  If you think anything should be added, especially to the FAQ, please say so.  If I hear enough about its looks then I'll put some time into actually making it pretty, but I have been very busy lately and didn't want to spend too much time on eye-candy.

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 05:14:30 PM

Tip: next time use ANSI Editor for design Wink

But the contact page with visible mail address will give you a sh!tload of spam. I don't think that's a good idea.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 06:01:55 PM

Tip: next time use ANSI Editor for design Wink

But the contact page with visible mail address will give you a sh!tload of spam. I don't think that's a good idea.
Na, I do that all the time on websites when I'm lazy about it, and it really doesn't bring in much spam.  Some sites I've had for years that way, and I get maybe a couple spams a month on those mailboxes.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 10:32:46 PM

I hope that is not your actual address showing when you do a whois.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 11:52:36 PM

I hope that is not your actual address showing when you do a whois.

Phil
You mean it's a bad idea to advertise the location of storage for tens of thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment?  Tongue

+1 to what Phil said though... if that IS your real address, I would suggest... uh... doing something about it.
Tawsix (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2011, 01:02:52 AM

Update:  This is the 500th post.  That is all.

edit: Also, no, that is not my real address, nor is my name SkepsiDyne Integrated Node, for those who were wondering.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: