Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:26:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company  (Read 104093 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 12:40:30 AM

@Tawsix, why don't you sell the hardware and buy dual FPGA boards from http://cablesaurus.com/ ?

I have looked into these FPGA boards and I really like the idea.  We could sell all of our GPUs and buy FPGA boards with the money.  The only issue I see with that is that in the event of a Bitcoin crash, the boards might not resell for as much of a percentage of retail value as the GPUs, but I'm not sure about that point, if anyone would like to enlighten me.

I would like to hear other people's opinions on this.
NO.

At least not until you list WHAT hardware we would be selling instead of it.  You have refused to list it, and I have a feeling you have something to hide.  Every time talk of selling the current hardware comes up, you seem to jump on it, anxious to get rid of the hardware before anyone can question what hardware actually exists.

NO ONE should agree to this!  Not until someone else at least verifies what hardware exists!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 12:52:01 AM

@Tawsix, why don't you sell the hardware and buy dual FPGA boards from http://cablesaurus.com/ ?

I have looked into these FPGA boards and I really like the idea.  We could sell all of our GPUs and buy FPGA boards with the money.  The only issue I see with that is that in the event of a Bitcoin crash, the boards might not resell for as much of a percentage of retail value as the GPUs, but I'm not sure about that point, if anyone would like to enlighten me.

I would like to hear other people's opinions on this.
NO.

At least not until you list WHAT hardware we would be selling instead of it.  You have refused to list it, and I have a feeling you have something to hide.  Every time talk of selling the current hardware comes up, you seem to jump on it, anxious to get rid of the hardware before anyone can question what hardware actually exists.

NO ONE should agree to this!  Not until someone else at least verifies what hardware exists!

I want the hardware list ASAP. The gears will continue to grind until you supply it.
shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 12:57:45 AM

List

now

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 01:34:17 AM

There is no reason not to list the companies assets.  Hell that is usually the first step in liquidation/reorganization.

No list = mounting suspicion that there are no assets and never were.

boonies4u

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 04:06:23 AM

There is no reason not to list the companies assets.  Hell that is usually the first step in liquidation/reorganization.

Well, the hashes were coming from somewhere...
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 04:08:42 AM

Well, the hashes were coming from somewhere...

rented hashes are just as good as your own...

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 01:15:29 PM

Tawsix - I'm still waiting, as are your other shareholders. I expect a response as swift as the response you gave to the "why don't you buy FPGA boards". What are you hiding from us ?

Tawsix - you've still not detailed what hardware is being liquidated potentially. If you refuse to respond because you doubt I'm a shareholder, then I demand that you post a fake motion linking to somewhere private that you are willing to freely share information and respond to shareholders.
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 02:47:00 PM

I also want to see a list of our hardware (asked for a picture of the rigs 6 months ago) but I'm only trying to break the impasse because this is unsatisfying for all parties.
After months of getting nowhere we should do something, brainstorm some ideas together that can work instead of asking the same questions aka doing nothing.
The longer we wait selling the hardware, the less it will be worth in value.

Why don't we sell 1 or 2 rigs, and buy with the money a small FPGA cluster ?

And for investors that don't want to be part of this, maybe it's possible to sell rigs to buy back their stocks ?

Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 04:11:56 PM

I wouldn't trust Tawsix in any further business dealings. He had a chance to prove himself, a second chance, a third chance ... nothing.

I'd vote liquidation right now, but I am obviously entitled to know what's being liquidated before I agree to it.

Tawsix seems to think dragging this out longer will weaken the resolve of shareholders - I see quite the opposite.

I also want to see a list of our hardware (asked for a picture of the rigs 6 months ago) but I'm only trying to break the impasse because this is unsatisfying for all parties.
After months of getting nowhere we should do something, brainstorm some ideas together that can work instead of asking the same questions aka doing nothing.

And for investors that don't want to be part of this, maybe it's possible to sell rigs to buy back their stocks ?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 04:37:28 PM

If someone won't do something as simple as show you the hardware after MONTHS .... then there is no hardware.

It seems more and more like SIN was just a Ponzi scheme.

Sell $10K worth of shares.  Get a $500 per month mining rental, point it at the pool.
Give yourself half the shares.  When it becomes "unprofitable" stop the mining rental and push to liquidate the hardware.

Say the "hardware" sells for $4K.  The scammer gets half (he has half the shares).  Given investors back $2K of their $10K and keep the rest other than what was spent on mining contracts.
server
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 07:11:08 PM

If someone won't do something as simple as show you the hardware after MONTHS .... then there is no hardware.

I understand this, but Tawsix said "We could sell all of our GPUs and buy FPGA boards with the money."

So their is hardware to sell. Why don't we sell half of the hardware and buy a small FPGA cluster ?

Eveofwar

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 07:25:02 PM

I understand this, but Tawsix said "We could sell all of our GPUs and buy FPGA boards with the money."

So their is hardware to sell. Why don't we sell half of the hardware and buy a small FPGA cluster ?

He also said he logged "243 hours working directly on this project, at a rate of $35/hour".

Just because he says something, doesn't make it true.  I think we can all agree on that at this point.

Have you seen anything to otherwise prove he has hardware ?
bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 07:31:42 PM

WOW. We just got royally screwed. He did not even have any hardware in the first place Angry !!!

Congratulations, you just are the best scammer on here.

Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 07:51:38 PM

Do you think Tawsix has the technical competency to operate a FPGA cluster ?

Do you think there is sufficient confidence in Tawsix among the current investors in SIN and the wider Bitcoin investment community ?

FPGA boards are an even more risky proposition than the GPU mining rigs, given the high risk that Tawsix won't have the long term commitment necessary to run the boards long enough to achieve any reasonable ROI for investors.

If Tawsix had proven himself capable of delivering on the promises he made during the IPO - commitment, openness, honesty, transparency, frequent communication, consulting shareholders, reliable payment of dividends, strong returns on investments made by shareholders ...

If Tawsix hadn't tried to justify unfair acquisition of shares with bills for items / services he stated would be free ...

I wouldn't think twice about further support and investment in him.

As it stands, I want ...

(1) Secured, shareholder only communication through a suitable medium chosen by Tawsix and notified to shareholders through a "fake motion" on GLBSE
(2) Complete list of all company assets
(3) Copies of purchase receipts for all company assets showing purchase date and price
(4) All company assets liquidated
(5) Copies of sale receipts for all company showing sale date and price
(6) Proceeds distributed to all legitimate shareholders

I don't consider any of that unreasonable. Indeed it is all standard procedure in the winding up of a company.

The longer Tawsix takes to complete these, the longer the assets are sat idle earning the shareholders nothing and the less the shareholders get in resale for their assets.

Chances are I will then invest my share of the proceeds back into a competitor (who I would expect to be moving to FPGA boards in the short/medium term) who has met their promises to shareholders, showing themselves to be professional and competent.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 08:15:34 PM

In addition to that, I logged 243 hours working directly on this project, at a rate of $35/hour.
243 hours to build an 8 GH/s farm? ROFLMAO. I could build that in a day.

Buy & Hold
server
Legendary

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
November 26, 2011, 09:32:10 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2011, 10:39:41 PM by server

Do you think Tawsix has the technical competency to operate a FPGA cluster ?

I guess...running this is not rocket science..
FPGA board, usb cable and mining software, 300 euro you get 200 Mhash/s and I believe ZTEX is making a quad board (800+ Mhash/s) for less then 1000 euro.
The X6500 prototype is fully mining now at 250 MH/s! We ran into some hiccups getting the software working, and had to wait a week for the board to fly from Singapore to California so that I could test out code changes much more quickly. It arrived last night and I got it fully working tonight!

I'll post some better photos not taken with a cell phone and some screen shots tomorrow.

It's mining now (earning money for FPGA.contract shareholders Wink). It will run overnight and I'll spend the day tomorrow running a lot of different tests and cleaning up the software. First thing is to measure the actual power usage.

Edit: Looks like it's using exactly 17 W. Not too shabby at 14.7 MH/J!

Do you think there is sufficient confidence in Tawsix among the current investors in SIN and the wider Bitcoin investment community ?

No, but I try not to think like everybody else because I would like to get some sort of solution that is comfortable for us -investors- and Tawsix.

Immanual Go

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2011, 11:29:05 PM

It seems more and more like SIN was just a Ponzi scheme.

Sell $10K worth of shares.  Get a $500 per month mining rental, point it at the pool.
Give yourself half the shares.  When it becomes "unprofitable" stop the mining rental and push to liquidate the hardware.

Say the "hardware" sells for $4K.  The scammer gets half (he has half the shares).  Given investors back $2K of their $10K and keep the rest other than what was spent on mining contracts.

If I was Tawsix I'd just stop even replying to this thread and take the money and run. He walks away with $10K free and clear!
boonies4u

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:05:52 AM

As it stands, I want ...

(1) Secured, shareholder only communication through a suitable medium chosen by Tawsix and notified to shareholders through a "fake motion" on GLBSE
(2) Complete list of all company assets
(3) Copies of purchase receipts for all company assets showing purchase date and price
(4) All company assets liquidated
(5) Copies of sale receipts for all company showing sale date and price
(6) Proceeds distributed to all legitimate shareholders

I am for 1-3, but I still would prefer to have SIN absorbed. I don't want to have anyone screwed over by the resale.

I just hope that shakaru is still willing to have Shades Minoco absorb SIN.
Tawsix (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 09:12:26 AM

Why not sell all of the GPUs and go full into FPGA mining?  We have plenty motherboards for the foreseeable future (at least 4 FPGA boards per motherboard, possibly more, I need to do more research on how one goes about utilizing them.)  The page you linked said that they get at least 200 MHash/sec which implies that they can be pushed to do more (not sure what the expense is besides consuming more power, perhaps greater heat output?)  If heat output is the issue with these cards we should be sitting well, the cooling system we have in place now would not be hard to adapt to the new boards, if it needed to be adapted at all.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 09:16:40 AM

Why not sell all of the GPUs and go full into FPGA mining?  We have plenty motherboards for the foreseeable future (at least 4 FPGA boards per motherboard, possibly more, I need to do more research on how one goes about utilizing them.)  The page you linked said that they get at least 200 MHash/sec which implies that they can be pushed to do more (not sure what the expense is besides consuming more power, perhaps greater heat output?)  If heat output is the issue with these cards we should be sitting well, the cooling system we have in place now would not be hard to adapt to the new boards, if it needed to be adapted at all.

Once again, avoiding the page of requests to list what hardware actually exists.   Roll Eyes

Can you say SCAMMER any louder?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 »
  Print  

Jump to: