Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:43:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 551 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLOAK] Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency  (Read 810715 times)
deepend

Activity: 93
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:03:50 PM

worrying so many pinning hopes on a huge amount of incoming interest because of going open source..

I hope you wont all be disappointed.

To me if enigma works well and can be vetted by a couple of top devs that is all you need.

If the enigma engine is really a big improvement over dash and mixing/shuffling or is rather an advanced better process then you will simply witness 50 other cloaks in short order.

If you believe people are not investing because it is closed source then you might be wrong.

Bring forth a decentralised governance and funding mechanism and you will see more interest.

I guess we'll wait and see but i think it could be a double edged sword.

You make some very good points.  I agree that if it could be vetted, it may be better than open sourcing the code and having the technology stolen.
TreeAcid

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

What's in the Magic bottle?

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 11:06:13 PM

This was a fun coin when it got pumped for 0.1$ to 1$, now it's just people trying to CPR an air doll  Cry
CaptNemo

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:19:17 AM

Ok if we aren't getting a countdown can we get a update on how things are progressing?
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:03:47 AM

Today, while walking my dog, I have met some friends of my son who know that I trade with BTCs and have been attracted by the bitcoin rally and I have been asked advice about buying cryptocoins.
Of course I have told you about CLOAK and ENIGMA and they have been delighted.
I have advised you to buy small amounts because of the risk involved in any investment in crypto.
I think the bitcoin story should have started the same way (word of mouth) between friends.
Any fire starts with a simple wax.
good luck to everyone
jioy

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:32:28 AM

This was a fun coin when it got pumped for 0.1$ to 1$, now it's just people trying to CPR an air doll  Cry
Yes,it is a fun coin,I bounght some.
LBX

Activity: 1025
Merit: 534

A

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:23:28 AM

fun and it is  good coin Grin
c4shm3n (OP)

Activity: 719

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 07:03:06 AM

worrying so many pinning hopes on a huge amount of incoming interest because of going open source..

To me if enigma works well and can be vetted by a couple of top devs that is all you need.

If the enigma engine is really a big improvement over dash and mixing/shuffling or is rather an advanced better process then you will simply witness 50 other cloaks in short order.

If you believe people are not investing because it is closed source then you might be wrong.

Bring forth a decentralised governance and funding mechanism and you will see more interest.

I share you thoughts but after 3 years closed source we decide to go open source way. Of cause there is always risk to be copy.

We choose this way and we will see what will happend.

There is always some points what speaking for open source and what speak against it.

PS: Dont forgert that we have very talented, smart and motivated fulltime device "Joe" i always belive in him and he proof me this 3 years that i was right with my hope in his talent. To copy a CODE is easy but it is not so easy to understand ENIGMA and i am sure there is not so many CODERs there like "Joe". So let enigma copy we are not worry about. We also plant to continue work on ENIGMA and new parts and projects in CODE. The copier would be always behind us.

peace and love is a KEY dont forget Wink fear is opposite of it!

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
tradercouch

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:35:01 AM

CLOAK going to very hard in price so please seat belt tight
arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:42:33 AM

If he created completely new code as you are claiming than we do not have anything to worry. Nobody knows how will people react, this is unpredictable. But decision is totally correct and it stands hand in hadn with decentralization, no secrets. Code must be open and this is fact. Our hopes lies now on others ability to recognize code value.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:07:48 AM

I share you thoughts but after 3 years closed source we decide to go open source way. Of cause there is always risk to be copy.

There is always some points what speaking for open source and what speak against it.

PS: Dont forgert that we have very talented, smart and motivated fulltime device "Joe" i always belive in him and he proof me this 3 years that i was right with my hope in his talent. To copy a CODE is easy but it is not so easy to understand ENIGMA and i am sure there is not so many CODERs there like "Joe". So let enigma copy we are not worry about. We also plant to continue work on ENIGMA and new parts and projects in CODE. The copier would be always behind us.

I understand.

My last suggestion and of course you guys must do as you wish. But just an idea that gives you all the benefits of going open source but not all of the negatives.

Obfuscate the open source code. Like bitbay. So that a lot of nonsense and jibberish is also all over the place and so difficult for coders to understand it.

So people can build from the source
analyse the source for malicious code
get and idea how the code works
but almost impossible to modify and clone.

It is really open source but it is so difficult to clone then and modify.

Anyway of course you must do as you guys choose best for cloak

arbitrage

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:24:57 AM

When someone use your code there is no sweeter acknowledge that you did very good job and everybody would like to be like you when they grow up. This Is actually nice PR for developer and its team. They can do with it what they want but success is reserved for main team.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:43:58 AM

As someone who's been "around" Cloak since Bob dumped all over us, this coin has to go open source. Not doing so and/or obfuscating just says it can never be trusted and has something to hide. Once the source is out there, there also needs to be a very serious code review done by some well respected developers (that don't have any stigma of controversy swirling around them). There's far too much bad history behind Cloak to not have any of this happen.

As for others copying it.. Well, I'll be brutal. If Cloak can't progress, compete and be better than any copies, then it deserves to die. Just like any other product/company out there in any industry. I would like to see Cloak succeed after all the crap that's gone on but it should do so in a straight up "fight" in order to "prove" itself as a real contender.

@c4shm3n. I've got to give you props for sticking with this. There's been a few times where I've wanted to come in here and post some negative stuff about the progress but your perseverance is an asset to the coin and, quite frankly, the only reason it still exists.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
c4shm3n (OP)

Activity: 719

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 09:15:20 AM

As someone who's been "around" Cloak since Bob dumped all over us, this coin has to go open source. Not doing so and/or obfuscating just says it can never be trusted and has something to hide. Once the source is out there, there also needs to be a very serious code review done by some well respected developers (that don't have any stigma of controversy swirling around them). There's far too much bad history behind Cloak to not have any of this happen.

As for others copying it.. Well, I'll be brutal. If Cloak can't progress, compete and be better than any copies, then it deserves to die. Just like any other product/company out there in any industry. I would like to see Cloak succeed after all the crap that's gone on but it should do so in a straight up "fight" in order to "prove" itself as a real contender.

@c4shm3n. I've got to give you props for sticking with this. There's been a few times where I've wanted to come in here and post some negative stuff about the progress but your perseverance is an asset to the coin and, quite frankly, the only reason it still exists.

Thank you!

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
lasvegas83

Activity: 432
Merit: 254

https://cloakcoin.com

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 11:32:15 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 12:29:55 PM by lasvegas83

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency|  Enigma
Telegram | Bitcointalk | Twitter |   Facebook |  Steemit |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:31:37 PM

Your view has of course some merit. Although I don't share this view.

I wasn't aware obfuscation could hide damaging or dirty code.

Also if a few high profile developers peer reviewed it and gave a good report it would probably have an even better marketing effect.

I too do not believe that because a larger team could copy and paste cloaks hard work from many years and perhaps improve upon it at a faster rate than the creator cloak themselves that cloak deserves no credit and indeed deserves to die.

Open source in just my own personal opinion is not essentially the best thing from a cloak holders perspective.

I guess even the future will not reveal which path was the wisest from a cloak investors pov. Since it is impossible to tread both paths from here.

The current dev/project managers mind seems to be made up though so of course that is fine by me I will hold my tiny amount of cloak regardless. If I'd held a larger portion of cloak I would perhaps be more concerned and try a little harder to get the community to push for peer review and obfuscation.

Then again open source is the nature of crypto, so to balance this with the selfish desires of max possible impact of cloak in this sphere is something one has to consider.

JGoRed

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 12:56:33 PM

It's fun and it has a promising technical side to it. I'm sure at some point people will realize that and we'll see a nice pump.
investor1

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:05:31 PM

Don't worry about copies,they're here Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1865725.0

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((   BIDIUM   )))         Pre-ICO Active  |  JOIN NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER      |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
LBX

A

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:48:19 PM

Thank you for the update
To make a decision "open source"
I hope it is done at the right time
jordan coins

Activity: 208

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 09:23:48 PM

Community has to send messages until they clog the messaging box of them for the Poloniex add CLOAK
LBX

A

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 10:15:07 PM

Community has to send messages until they clog the messaging box of them for the Poloniex add CLOAK

good idea
I've done it before
Let's try to do it again

Poloniex  is difficult to communicate with them

Pages: « 1 ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [376] 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 ... 551 »
  Print  

Jump to: