Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:36:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 551 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLOAK] Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency  (Read 810699 times)
lmnhfx

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:09:54 PM

I made the last days some profit with my altcoins and bought also some CLOAKs Smiley
I see wallet is coming very sooon  Roll Eyes Grin

when we will see 0.002 Btc/Cloak price? i think after 100 years and answer is YES Smiley Smiley
I do not think so 100 years  Cheesy Cheesy
CLOAK is Unique project and has good developers so It can happen at any time
no Rules in digital currencies Today people buying  DASH For example Tomorrow dropping  DASH  and buy CLOAK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:30:44 PM

going open source is not going to turn this around..this is not the reason for the lack of interest.

other projects are closed and doing well.

This is being held down by someone.

Focus more on develpment funding and governance mechanisms and marketing.

I agree, in principle, with cryptohunter. I think the "open source" thing has gotten out of hand. The original discussion for "open source" was to get CLOAK on Poloniex. I'm sure there is a way to give it to them if that is indeed what is needed to be listed there, and not give it to the rest of the world at the same time. I would request the developers talk to Polo see if they can get a straight answer from them but, Polo will NOT make or break CLOAK, we still need PR and public awareness as well as places to use it. Polo is only one of many exchanges, remember that.

totally agree.
Open the code if we guarantee some benefit, okay.
But to open it without any guarantee I consider too risky.

In crypto, if you want to be taken seriously, you need to be open source.

Monero - open source
Dash - open source
Zcash - open source
Zcoin - open source
NAVcoin - open source
Shadowcash - open source
Bytecoin - open source
PIVX - open source

That's just some of the competition. Notice how I listed anonymous coins and not some others that are heavy on gimmicks and ignore the core fundamentals of being a solid cryptocurrency first and foremost. If you can't exceed what they do then you might as well close the doors and walk away.

It is not always as straight forward as that though... we will never know how much larger or smaller they would have been either by doing vetted analysis of their code by other top devs or even staying closed to all. Also many delayed going open until they dominated and had big clear lead.

Monero - open source - well the copied bytecoin right? so could not close it then
Dash - did not open source properly for a long time until they dominated anon
Zcash - open source - cost them being much larger imho so many clones from day 1
Zcoin - open source - same zcoin classic stealing their thunder
NAVcoin - open source - needs investigation soopy and myself are in discussions due to some of his prior actions.
Shadowcash - open source - not looked into it
Bytecoin - open source - nobody knew about it for months and months over taken by xmr now since they cloned it an had bigger team
PIVX - open source -

Imagine the code vetted by peter todd or some other very respectable developers and given the green light in an article
far more powerful than open sourcing imho.

PetATL

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:01:53 PM

Shocked

You must be there in this Exodus wallet, did you contact them?

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:20:00 PM

going open source is not going to turn this around..this is not the reason for the lack of interest.

I agree, in principle, with cryptohunter. I think the "open source" thing has gotten out of hand. The original discussion for "open source" was to get CLOAK on Poloniex. I'm sure there is a way to give it to them if that is indeed what is needed to be listed there, and not give it to the rest of the world at the same time. I would request the developers talk to Polo see if they can get a straight answer from them but, Polo will NOT make or break CLOAK, we still need PR and public awareness as well as places to use it. Polo is only one of many exchanges, remember that.

totally agree.

Monero - open source
Dash - open source
Zcash - open source
Zcoin - open source
NAVcoin - open source
Shadowcash - open source
Bytecoin - open source
PIVX - open source

That's just some of the competition. Notice how I listed anonymous coins and not some others that are heavy on gimmicks and ignore the core fundamentals of being a solid cryptocurrency first and foremost. If you can't exceed what they do then you might as well close the doors and walk away.

It is not always as straight forward as that though... we will never know how much larger or smaller they would have been either by doing vetted analysis of their code by other top devs or even staying closed to all. Also many delayed going open until they dominated and had big clear lead.

Monero - open source - well the copied bytecoin right? so could not close it then
Zcash - open source - cost them being much larger imho so many clones from day 1
NAVcoin - open source - needs investigation soopy and myself are in discussions due to some of his prior actions.
Bytecoin - open source - nobody knew about it for months and months over taken by xmr now since they cloned it an had bigger team
PIVX - open source -

Imagine the code vetted by peter todd or some other very respectable developers and given the green light in an article
You seem to be missing the fact that they are all open source and they are the competition. It doesn't matter what the history is, that's the current state and if you can't compete on the core fundamentals of crypto currencies then you might as well not even try. If this was some other type of product, then sure. But it's fundamentally a crypto currency and it's focus needs to be on that in order for it to truly succeed.

I also don't have a clue why anyone would think others would want to clone Cloak before it has a chance to really get itself going again. Oh sure, there will be some that do it and almost all of them will be scams. But people are more interested in cloning Dash because they see dollars signs in the masternodes. Things like ZCash are the flavor of the day for cloning but the tech is far from being truly usable as a crypto currency due to various performance issues as well as the issue of the trusted setup. Its highly doubtful that any clone will make any real technical advances with those ones.

I will say though, that a crypto currency based on Mimblewimble has the potential to beat every anon coin out there. That's based on what I know of it so far and assumes anyone doing a coin based on it doesn't introduce various forms of centralization or require trust. The truly "scary" part for anon coins should be that some core bitcoin developers are looking at it and doing some work with it.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:53:52 PM

totally agree.

Monero - open source
Dash - open source
Zcash - open source
Zcoin - open source
NAVcoin - open source
Shadowcash - open source
Bytecoin - open source
PIVX - open source

PIVX - open source -

You seem to be missing the fact that they are all open source and they are the competition. It doesn't matter what the history is, that's the current state and if you can't compete on the core fundamentals of crypto currencies then you might as well not even try. If this was some other type of product, then sure. But it's fundamentally a crypto currency and it's focus needs to be on that in order for it to truly succeed.

I also don't have a clue why anyone would think others would want to clone Cloak before it has a chance to really get itself going again. Oh sure, there will be some that do it and almost all of them will be scams. But people are more interested in cloning Dash because they see dollars signs in the masternodes. Things like ZCash are the flavor of the day for cloning but the tech is far from being truly usable as a crypto currency due to various performance issues as well as the issue of the trusted setup. Its highly doubtful that any clone will make any real technical advances with those ones.

I will say though, that a crypto currency based on Mimblewimble has the potential to beat every anon coin out there. That's based on what I know of it so far and assumes anyone doing a coin based on it doesn't introduce various forms of centralization or require trust. The truly "scary" part for anon coins should be that some core bitcoin developers are looking at it and doing some work with it.

I don't follow your first paragraph.
The history illustrates how these successful projects (well some are) may not have got there unless they had remained closed source until they had a clear lead. Anoncoin was open source at the time and was the competition to xcoin/darkcoin

For example - dash didn't believe it could not compete with anoncoin and perhaps XC. However had they not remained closed source for a period then anoncoin and others would have immediately cloned away any clear advantage dash had at the start. Evan was shrewd to hold it closed until they had a clear lead.

It all depends really on

1. how revolutionary cloaks enigma is
2. how easy it will be for any copy and paste dev to paste it to their project.
3. the clear benefits of going full open source compared to vetted dev review and analysis.
4. the potential risks of your hardwork being used against you by competition.

I can fully see komodo going past zcash - I see also PIVx going past  zcoin in fact it has done so mainly on the basis of them being able to trump dashs model by replacing mixing with zcoins tech .

If zcash and zcoin had been vetted but remained closed source to other devs for a longer period of time I suspect they would not be having their own hardwork used by their competition to extract invesment away from them and would have far larger MC's. I know zcoin had a big problem but still.

If dash had gone open source whilst still small they would have had a much tougher time

If bytecoin wasn't open there would be no monero dominating them.

To learn one must often examine historical events and I think history is a very valuable tool.

Of course everyone can have their own opinion.

We will see if going open source makes any immediate difference to the price and how quickly clones start popping up if the tech is found to useful.

It perhaps will make little difference either way.

Better to spend time implementing features people perceive they want right away.

I notice voting and funding mechanisms are very popular.

Cloak to not have pumped much at all during this bull run is strange I find. Although the dev team is not really that vocal and the thread appears quite dead quite a lot of the time.

Either way their mind seems made up to go open source. Perhaps it may work out in some way. If he tech is good and is cloned and used by a larger more active team with a bigger community then I guess cloak will get the credit in their OP hopefully.

BTW polo is great but not required to hit 100M MC as PIVX illustrate same for a few others.

It boils down to is enigma amazing if so it will be cloned by many rather quickly perhaps some large teams too.

If enigma is not amazing open source will have no bearing on it only to reveal it is not amazing and you lose the mystery.

I think if you have something amazing and a huge team with lots of development funding then you can go open source from the start. Has not hurt ETH.

leizjg

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 02:56:55 PM

It might be good to have a countdown to open source.  Free advertising.
tradercouch

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:09:11 PM

CLOAK going to 10$ in 1 month buy now or cry later
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:06:40 PM

I don't follow your first paragraph.
The history illustrates how these successful projects (well some are) may not have got there unless they had remained closed source until they had a clear lead. Anoncoin was open source at the time and was the competition to xcoin/darkcoin

For example - dash didn't believe it could not compete with anoncoin and perhaps XC. However had they not remained closed source for a period then anoncoin and others would have immediately cloned away any clear advantage dash had at the start. Evan was shrewd to hold it closed until they had a clear lead.

It all depends really on

1. how revolutionary cloaks enigma is
2. how easy it will be for any copy and paste dev to paste it to their project.
3. the clear benefits of going full open source compared to vetted dev review and analysis.
4. the potential risks of your hardwork being used against you by competition.

I can fully see komodo going past zcash - I see also PIVx going past  zcoin in fact it has done so mainly on the basis of them being able to trump dashs model by replacing mixing with zcoins tech .

If zcash and zcoin had been vetted but remained closed source to other devs for a longer period of time I suspect they would not be having their own hardwork used by their competition to extract invesment away from them and would have far larger MC's. I know zcoin had a big problem but still.

If dash had gone open source whilst still small they would have had a much tougher time

If bytecoin wasn't open there would be no monero dominating them.

To learn one must often examine historical events and I think history is a very valuable tool.

Of course everyone can have their own opinion.

We will see if going open source makes any immediate difference to the price and how quickly clones start popping up if the tech is found to useful.

It perhaps will make little difference either way.

Better to spend time implementing features people perceive they want right away.

I notice voting and funding mechanisms are very popular.

Cloak to not have pumped much at all during this bull run is strange I find. Although the dev team is not really that vocal and the thread appears quite dead quite a lot of the time.

Either way their mind seems made up to go open source. Perhaps it may work out in some way. If he tech is good and is cloned and used by a larger more active team with a bigger community then I guess cloak will get the credit in their OP hopefully.

The thing about history, is that we can often use it to justify our point of view but it doesn't mean it's true. I don't view the history of those coins in the same way. While true that history can teach us some lessons, experience typically trumps that.

Anyone that is going to clone a coin in order to become the #1 crypto currency is going to pick the best one. All of them have plenty of flaws so it would almost be a waste of money at this point. So really, anyone cloning some other coin isn't going to be doing it to be the #1 crypto currency, they're going to be doing it for the money making opportunity and will be short lived.

Dash. I don't view it being #1 as being due to it being closed at the start. I see it more as being that no one has truly tried to topple it. Why would they want to. They can already clone it, use things like the "scam" issue, use an IPO, fire up a bunch of masternodes etc etc and make more than enough money. Milk it for as long as they can and then just let it die off. Rinse and repeat. With it's masternodes, Dash doesn't have the tech to be the #1 crypto currency so it's a non starter for anyone serious about becoming that.

Monero. I don't view them as killing of Bytecoin because of it having been open source. Like you said, no one knew about it. They simply didn't have a team behind them that could make it a success. They could have been closed source for a year or two and it wouldn't have mattered. Monero still could have come along and taken over. It's been awhile now so I can't remember but I vaguely remember some sort of controversy or something regarding Bytecoin as well. Boolberry came out at the same time and for awhile was giving Monero a run for their money. It was competing marketcap wise, people were all over the forum hyping it. But where are they now. At the end of the day Monero won purely I believe on the quality of their devs. I've had some in depth technical conversations with them and they know their stuff inside and out and they are dedicated to crypto currency first and foremost. That alone is enough to build a strong community around the coin and instill confidence and loyalty in everyone involved.

I had mentioned experience above. Years ago i worked for a multi billion dollar company who's products are used around the world. While there, I worked with a product manager who was extremely successful at what he did. He would look at competitors products and pick out ones he believed the company could sell and that he could design to be better. And that's exactly what he did multiple times. They were essentially "clones". The tech wasn't superior over all, some aspects were better and some worse. Marketing was on par, sometimes less, sometimes a bit more. Distribution was on par, sometimes worse, sometimes better. But he had a knack for knowing just how to design his versions of the products so they were a far better user experience. Small things were better then in the competitors. Some things were completely done away with (that consumers believed they needed) and replaced but that led to a more enjoyable experience. In every instance his products ended up becoming #1 with the most market share even against companies that had been #1 for years. In his most successful product, we went up against a company probably 50+ times as big. Their distribution was far superior. They could dump far more into marketing. But the product was superior and became #1 and still is to this day. So it doesn't matter if some coin is established or not or how they achieved it. If someone wants to topple them, they can do it with a superior product. That's what experience has taught me and why I say that the history of those coins doesn't matter.

Now here's the thing. Even if Enigma is some sort of revolutionary tech, it doesn't matter because all the user is concerned about is anonymity which they can get in multiple coins. Enigma will only be a real benefit if it provides some other technical benefits. Mimblewimble (assuming flaws aren't found) is revolutionary in it's simplicity and it provides some technical benefits (there are some flaws though). But as I said, it doesn't really matter because they're all just anonymity and in the end it's the user experience that will be more important.

At this point, Cloak has been close source since day 1, something like 3 years now. New team has been working on things for roughly a couple years. If all that time has not been enough for it to have a good following of supporters and "establish" it, then nothing will. Success isn't going to be had by trying to hide things away which means you'll always be viewed as being on the fringe and not a serious crypto currency. It's only going to really have a chance to succeed if it gets out from under it's rock and competes head to head with the leaders.

Anyway, you're absolutely right with at least one thing though. We each have our opinions and only time will tell lol.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
LBX

Activity: 1025
Merit: 534

A

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:19:15 AM

We will see this soon & There is no specific time
Be excited for a long time Wink
LBX

A

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:27:31 AM

If anyone would like to assist in adding new languages to the QT wallet, please let us know and we'll provide you with a translation template file which you can add the new translations to. The translation process is carried out using a tool called QT Linguist, which makes the process relatively straightforward and pain-free for anyone adding translations. We already have Russian and French (and Japanese is on the way), but any other languages would be most welcome and very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Spanish and Portuguese are also in progress now too Smiley

Sometimes my account does not receive private messages from members
I do not know why I will talk to the supervisor
Have you sent me before.??
Send me files
I will translate to Arabic

arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:49:03 AM

Source code opening come with some risks, also this is the only way to satisfy some basic required of investors - no secrets. Team is aware that they only this way can show real work which is already done behind the curtains, and this way they finally can break the chains from the past. It is evident this "announcement" brought lot of attention.
vonBerlichingen

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:47:52 AM

Better to buy now.
LBX

A

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:49:39 AM

I work hard to bring investors Wink I do not stop Wink

Let's do the best FOR CLOAK
More is coming

Bitcoin
1H3TWYP6G6Z1KNXjYjLMMqhXW3utHHucYu
Cloak
C4YNASYwNCkCQQmTRWRrKGTufL4om5sBFm
tradercouch

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:58:32 AM

LBX you are talking like trolling and FUD Smiley Smiley
wizardee

Activity: 666

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:25:02 PM

here is only a one village dumb and troll -> thats you

vonBerlichingen

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:58:31 PM

Most dumbheads live in cities because they had to leave their villages.
tradercouch

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:22:12 PM

i always talk about truth Smiley i am big supporter of cloak coin
investor1

Activity: 239

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:52:03 PM

You talk shits, almost always Cheesy

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((   BIDIUM   )))         Pre-ICO Active  |  JOIN NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |      TWITTER      |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
Toninho

Activity: 597

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:27:36 PM

We will see this soon & There is no specific time
Be excited for a long time Wink
Yes,Calmly and patiently will arrive and will be stable Smiley
tradercouch

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:46:32 PM

You talk shits, almost always Cheesy

i talk shits?Huh is this words are shits? CLOAK 10 usd in 1 month?Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 ... 551 »
  Print  

Jump to: