Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:54:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Moolah Scam on Mintpal - Reporting Missing Coins  (Read 226865 times)
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:11:52 PM

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st, you will receive an email asking you where you want your funds to go.

Again, all funds held in consumer accounts are safe – consumer funds are essentially held in the equivalent of a client trust account and are fully separate. You can withdraw them via the normal route up until the end of the month.

I hope

So let me get this straight...

In July Moopay Ltd announced they had 'purchased' Mintpal in July: http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/

Now they are saying they do not own it, they are just responsible for 'management': http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Which is great for them seeing as 2 weeks after launching a mickey-mouse website to replace it and many people loosing coins through missing balances or not being able to login, they now go into voluntary liquidation and tell people their 'coins are safe'

Lets think about it...

1. If Moopay Ltd do own Mintpal, people's coins are not safe - all assets will be sold and given to creditors and people have posited that coin holders will be last in the queue

2. If Moopay Ltd don't own Mintpal, then who the fuck does? Why did they say they purchased it, and if that's incorrect, why haven't they said who does?  How does not knowing who owns the entity with everyone's funds in make those funds safe?

3. "MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed." - on the same day as they announce that they are liquidating their company voluntarily btw, they pull the site down without giving any reason other than 'critical errors', and people's coins are safe?  Does anyone here believe this?

This whole thing is bullshit - trying to delineate Moopay Ltd from Mintpal and Moofarm, claiming the team have been jetsetting around fucking Asia during the failed launch, and that suddenly they have to liquidate due to rising costs and dropping revenue - they just launched a fucking exchange lol so what in 2 weeks they suddenly realized they can't pay their monthlies and had to make this decision now?

Unbelievable.

That pretty much sums it up as far as I can tell. One big scam.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:20:41 PM

0.65 SYNC missing
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:30:55 PM

Well from what I know mintpal is not done theirs another manage taking palce and to be honest why on earth mintpal sold to moola in first place is beyond me and now filing for bankrupt is a total joke but say they are being taken over by another company. site not accessible as in being fixed once am on again i will be cashing out if i have anything left

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:32:00 PM

Can someone please do a Ron Burgundy 412BTC gif please
BlockaFett (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:43:23 PM

Well from what I know mintpal is not done theirs another manage taking palce and to be honest why on earth mintpal sold to moola in first place is beyond me and now filing for bankrupt is a total joke but say they are being taken over by another company. site not accessible as in being fixed once am on again i will be cashing out if i have anything left

sounds like delay tactics. everything they say is either claiming something went wrong without saying what, or that something is happening in the near future...as soon as the company is liquidated they don't have to answer to anyone. while its still trading and they are directors they have to watch what they do.
weredo911

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:46:32 PM

2.4m FLT
200k BC
147k VRC

I have pretended to be mentally retarded for seven years.
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:50:02 PM

'fixed' meaning coins taken out lol
Crypto-in-tha-blood

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:53:13 PM

"# USERS REPORTING: 97 out of 70,000"

The numbers you have generated are seriously only 97 accounts?  Holy shit man.......

Luckily I pulled everything off the exchange after the VRC hack, and never put anything back on there.  So my losses = 0. 
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:54:44 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 08:22:04 PM by s1lverbox

You tagged as scammer? Damn times are ruff this days. Mintpal going bust, users getting red tags all over the place.
TiberiuC

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:03:14 PM

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

As a result of this, Moopay LTD will be filing for bankruptcy and dissolution following the administration process; and ceasing operations. All client funds held in consumer accounts are safe, and can be withdrawn as per normal at this moment in time. If you fail to withdraw your funds before the platform is shut down on October 31st, you will receive an email asking you where you want your funds to go.

Again, all funds held in consumer accounts are safe – consumer funds are essentially held in the equivalent of a client trust account and are fully separate. You can withdraw them via the normal route up until the end of the month.

I hope

So let me get this straight...

In July Moopay Ltd announced they had 'purchased' Mintpal in July: http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/

Now they are saying they do not own it, they are just responsible for 'management': http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

Which is great for them seeing as 2 weeks after launching a mickey-mouse website to replace it and many people loosing coins through missing balances or not being able to login, they now go into voluntary liquidation and tell people their 'coins are safe'

Lets think about it...

1. If Moopay Ltd do own Mintpal, people's coins are not safe - all assets will be sold and given to creditors and people have posited that coin holders will be last in the queue

2. If Moopay Ltd don't own Mintpal, then who the fuck does? Why did they say they purchased it, and if that's incorrect, why haven't they said who does?  How does not knowing who owns the entity with everyone's funds in make those funds safe?

3. "MintPal will be coming down immediately – in light of critical errors being disclosed." - on the same day as they announce that they are liquidating their company voluntarily btw, they pull the site down without giving any reason other than 'critical errors', and people's coins are safe?  Does anyone here believe this?

This whole thing is bullshit - trying to delineate Moopay Ltd from Mintpal and Moofarm, claiming the team have been jetsetting around fucking Asia during the failed launch, and that suddenly they have to liquidate due to rising costs and dropping revenue - they just launched a fucking exchange lol so what in 2 weeks they suddenly realized they can't pay their monthlies and had to make this decision now?

Unbelievable.

That pretty much sums it up as far as I can tell. One big scam.

My guess is Mintpal was insolvent since the hack, they agreed let Moolah(who wasn't doing very well) take over to reduce panic/gain trust of the users. Joining forces made it easier to look solvent. Maybe they closed the site for an "upgrade" because volume was declining and funds for withdrawals were running out. The 0% fees would atract new funds. The panic of running out of funds may have fueled all the incompetence.

snuffish

Activity: 259

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:14:39 PM

"# USERS REPORTING: 97 out of 70,000"

The numbers you have generated are seriously only 97 accounts?  Holy shit man.......

Luckily I pulled everything off the exchange after the VRC hack, and never put anything back on there.  So my losses = 0.  

lol, I think you have missunderstood something.. people here are posting which coins they're missing.

BlockaFett isn't Moolah/Mintpal.

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:15:26 PM

You tagged as scammer? Damn times are ruff this days. Mintpal going bust, users getting red tags all over the place. Its t

Yes the lack of trust moderation generally makes people ignore it.
wolfcoin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:16:54 PM

bagholder checking in:

3.65 btc

All i can say is that if this isnt resolved and i lose all that btc i really hope these bastards get what they deserve - this is really terrible. And while I agree that we should hold back on the threats and the attacking of their privacy for the time being, if it turns out they are leading us on and no funds are returned, i say screw em as they will be nothing more than the worst kind of scammers...

In the meantime i will stay optimistic for tomorrows "A separate method of withdrawing funds will be made available on October 16th, 2014.".

If they open withdrawls and make good than I will have no hard feelings, theres a huge difference between a struggling business with finance/management issues and a carefully organized ploy to intentionally scam thousands of people out of what is probably millions of dollars.
BlockaFett (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:37:02 PM

My guess is Mintpal was insolvent since the hack, they agreed let Moolah(who wasn't doing very well) take over to reduce panic/gain trust of the users. Joining forces made it easier to look solvent. Maybe they closed the site for an "upgrade" because volume was declining and funds for withdrawals were running out. The 0% fees would atract new funds. The panic of running out of funds may have fueled all the incompetence.

it's an interesting theory. but why the constant delay tactics evasive answers from them on everything and BS like today there was a 'critical bug' so they took the site down and not that they are dissolving the company so it's open season on the customer coins.  and why no response to any support tickets or emails - still anyone received anything but a generic response?
TiberiuC

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:53:50 PM

it's an interesting theory. but why the constant delay tactics evasive answers from them on everything and BS like today there was a 'critical bug' so they took the site down and not that they are dissolving the company so it's open season on the customer coins.  and why no response to any support tickets or emails - still anyone received anything but a generic response?

Just stalling and waiting for a miracle to happen.

I opened a ticket 8 days ago and after 4 days someone replied and asked me for my email adress, like he can't see it right there.... Nothing since then.
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 08:59:07 PM

I think it's another gox situation, but let's wait. If by tomorrow evening, there's no news from these guys, we can just kiss our funds goodbye.

http://mintpal.pw seems to be up Wink

sevoque

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:59:26 PM

posting on behalf of a friend

Hi guys,

Some of you may have seen my recent post about my initiative to reclaim the funds which had been withheld from me through locking of my accounts since July on Mintpal which Moolah has declined to take any responsibility for - http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2is99c/for_public_recordmy_legal_notice_letter_to/

After a lot of digging around I can confirm that the holding company for Mintpal is called Torihiki Ltd, Company Registration Number - 09143500 of 145-157 St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW

The three directors are

Miss Chelsea Hopkins (Also a director of Mintpal Ltd)

Mr Ferdous Ahmed

Mr Michael  Chiu

I am going to be placing a CCJ against the company for the monies owed given the circumstances and I would advise anyone else in a similar situation as me or anyone who has lost part of the current 450btc reported through BitCoinTalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=824211.200

Please note that at present, Jay and Jason from Mintpal have allowed all decisions for Mintpal Ltd to be made through this holding company and therefore it is the only recourse in order to ensure that we are paid our funds back in full, with interest at the statutory rates dictated by UK Law.

If you are owed money either via inaccessible funds or through investments then please post here so that we can arrange for affected users to issue multiple CCJ’s against Torihik Ltd - I have already sent legal correspondence via international post to Mintpal Ltd stating 14 days notice - given that Moolah has since not even bothered getting back in contact with me about my ongoing account issues I can only assume that little to nothing will be done even when my letters arrive.

This will completely destroy the credit rating of the business as well as the Directors involved for several years and if in the event that they do not comply and pay the CCJ’s in the timeframe then we will issue a winding up order which will encompass all assets from Mintpal Ltd and any other companies held / owned by Torihiki Ltd.

Please see these imgur links for sources of the official documentation taken from Mintpal Ltd company information - the first image is the most important as it clearly states that Torihiki is able to operate/make decisions on behalf of Mintpal Ltd - http://imgur.com/qNNr8w8,jpa1AiR,mrhW0gj,LPzxCxp,KjIwjoH,PJxy6m0,PhgxZHe,XyZFAV4,y4tbK8c#0

This is on behalf of Weredo911

Thanks

Svq
wolfcoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:16:09 PM

^ man i really had my head in the sand if there have been serious problems like that since July!! Ughhhh!
arfcz

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:02:31 PM

Almost 190k CINNI (189xxx dont know exactly the number). Coins was there on v2 start, but unable to withdraw them..
goldendog

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

I have many altcoins: BC, UTC, HIRO, SUPER, FLUTTER, etc.
I had many open orders.
Their market value in BTC was around 19.70
Before migration to V2 (end of September)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: