Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:48:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is satanic and Satoshi is lucifer! My uncle claims!  (Read 10055 times)
smalltimer

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:50:31 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 09:14:51 AM by smalltimer

Sure, science does take more work than most people are willing to put into it, and abuses do occur; on the other hand, you have peer review - it's far from perfect, but works. On that note, simply dismissing science "believers" as being just the same as religious "believers" is silly, in my view. Those are fundamentally different points of view about the how the world actually works: in the former, you "believe" the world can be understood, and that, that understanding can then be used to control it and shape it to our needs; in the latter, you believe you are at the mercy of a creator, and whatever happens, happens because of an arbitrary, unfathomable "god willed it so" (depending on the fairy tale of your choice, of course).

In this sense, I would much prefer people to at least have some basic understanding and interest about the world around them (and, who knows, maybe even contribute to that understanding), rather than giving it all up and go live alone in the mountains somewhere waiting for their favorite savior (or whatever).

a belief is just that - a belief
It is very common place to present theories and less disputed but unproven hypothesis like the big bang and particularly a lot theories in psychology (but other sciences aswell) as facts in popular science and they are beliefed as such.

Many people take many theories as actual fact. I bet almost everyone reading this takes A LOT of theories as actual proven facts which they are not.
Actually most of what you belief based on science is not real - most of what is propagated is actually only theories.
Theism is the same - just a theory and some people take it as fact.

So why does it matter how plausible the theory is?

I think the huge following of the scientific cult is as sheepish as the religious folks. They are sometimes even just as radical. Scientific radicals and extremists. Yes, they do exist a lot but are not perceived in that way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:28:49 AM

a belief is just that - a belief
It is very common place to present theories and less disputed but unproven hypothesis like the big bang and particularly a lot theories in psychology (but other sciences aswell) as facts in popular science and they are beliefed as such.

Many people take many theories as actual fact. I bet almost everyone reading this takes A LOT of theories as actual proven facts which they are not.
Actually most of what you belief based on science is not real - most of what is propagated is actually only theories.
Theism is the same - just a theory and some people take it as fact.

So why does it matter how plausible the theory is?

I think the huge following of the scientific cult is as sheepish as the religious folks. They are sometimes even just as radical. Scientific radicals and extremists. Yes, they do exist a lot but are not perceived in that way.

Well, as I said, to me it matters because it has actual, practical consequences; those are vastly different points of view, and people's actions (or lack thereof) will, in no small way, be influenced by how they perceive the world to work. The exact details of their views are less relevant, I think, but let's not forget that if you are scientifically minded, you can then proceed to explore further and refine your views (and perhaps contribute in a meaningful way to society while you're at it) - an option not open to a closed, set-in-stone view of the world that religions typically offer.

Which brings me to the next point: comparing scientific theories to theism seems to me to show a basic misunderstanding of what a scientific theory is. Would you care to explain how theism could possibly fit the bill?
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:42:27 AM

I have even heard people say that Bitcoin is a tool of the illuminati in addition to being satanic and what not. My only argument to the naysayers is this:

If BTC is a tool of the illuminati, why is it open source and de-centralized? Isn't the goal of the illuminati a One World Government? Which also means one currency across the world? If you look at the current system, the US wants to impose their USD upon the whole world to prop up their failing currency. They even forced India to toe their line when India was very happy buying oil from Iran in Indian Rupees. They threatened sanctions if India continued buying oil in Indian Rupees! If this is not an attempt at a one world government and currency, then what is? Currently, i feel fiat is a tool of the illuminati and they want BTC to fail as much as possible because they want everyone to be a slave of the banks and not be free. Smiley

selling tinfoil hats

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 09:57:20 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-my3qodZqPCs/Ux1cAcOwvgI/AAAAAAAAA-w/X0j5e5g0Is0/s1600/MAMMON_web_Demon_Design_Travis_Lacey.jpg

http://www.indonesiamatters.com/wp-content/uploads/mammon-euro-dollar11.jpg
Three3Six6Nine9

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:57:37 AM

Totally agree! just playing around with humans psyclogy and not letting human thing about anything else than matter this materialistic world. fuck money health is REAL wealth be vegan eat much fruits be free. CRYPTO is BS STAY AWAY FROM IT its all rckfelers and those big ppls who made this so better keep eyes open in this world! better to buy gold or silver the REAL VALUABLE gods money if somebody wants invest into something.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: