Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SHARE] Your Personal Analysis (only post with pictures)  (Read 20123 times)
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 11:59:09 PM

An attempt to cancel out all the pirate noise & just assume that there has been a general increase of interest in bitcoin since June & that it will continue along those lines

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 02:36:34 AM

An attempt to cancel out all the pirate noise & just assume that there has been a general increase of interest in bitcoin since June & that it will continue along those lines

Why would general interest growth be a linear process?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 09:04:12 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2012, 10:36:43 AM by Otoh

pic

No reason that it has to be, but any move over the blue line would show increasing interest & a move bellow the red line a fall off in interest or profit taking, with a price around the yellow line showing a similar linear growth that's being going on for nearly 4 months now if the pirate noise is ignored.

This is probably a very naive way of looking at the trend but maybe the sort of reasoning some others may follow instinctively especially if they're not in to serious TA, I'm interested in how we continue to travel within that approx 1 btc rising band & if it is really a general trend or will it break down (or up) soon, just my personal analysis (or one of them) of what may be going on atm. I'll update it in about a months time if we're still within the band.

Edit to add: For contrast here's an example of bitcoin exponential growth when ignoring the bubbles, particularly in mid 2011. (taken from http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/koch20120927)

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
mobodick

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 01:03:11 PM

pic

No reason that it has to be, but any move over the blue line would show increasing interest & a move bellow the red line a fall off in interest or profit taking, with a price around the yellow line showing a similar linear growth that's being going on for nearly 4 months now if the pirate noise is ignored.

This is probably a very naive way of looking at the trend but maybe the sort of reasoning some others may follow instinctively especially if they're not in to serious TA, I'm interested in how we continue to travel within that approx 1 btc rising band & if it is really a general trend or will it break down (or up) soon, just my personal analysis (or one of them) of what may be going on atm. I'll update it in about a months time if we're still within the band.

Edit to add: For contrast here's an example of bitcoin exponential growth when ignoring the bubbles, particularly in mid 2011. (taken from http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/koch20120927)

Still looks way too arbitrary to me.
If there is no reason for the growth to be linear then why is it?
I don't think that this growth of the past few months is a sign of growth in interest as i can't imagine why this would be a straight line over such an extended period.
I would say that you're not naive enough in your interpretation. IMO you should let go of the idea that the movement in price is created by 'normal' bitcoin economy interactions.

A few weeks ago i found something about bitcoin that has since puzzled me.
Look at this graph (i think it is a much better example of bitcoin exponential growth):

At first i simply connected the bottoms of the triangles with straight lines, but then saw that it looks like an exponential curve so i created an exponential graph in another tool and after some experimentation got an exponent that fits the bitcoin bottom and combined it with the bitcoin price chart.

So now i have this idea of a synthetic bottom to bitcoin with waves of 'something' (could be interpreted as the actual bitcoin market interactions) riding on top of it.
I mean, with all the dynamics in bitcoinland, how the hell would the community maintain such a precise curve for the bottom of price?
It seems to me there is something built into bitcoin that makes the network itself have this effect.

Anyone has a better explanation?

Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 02:34:43 PM

@ mobo: Whats that formular?
mobodick

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 03:00:36 PM

For this log chart i used a x^1.82 function (iirc). Then i mirrored horizontally and rotated 90 deg.
But the exponent would vary with how the chart is scaled.
If you look at these bottom points in linear view then you see a slightly accelerating rise in price.
So in linear view it would be an exponent close to but bigger than 1.
But what i find shocking is that there is this very nice simple relation of the bottom to an exponential function.
And i have absolutely no idea what supports it!
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 05:57:10 PM

It's interesting and all, but honestly you can take a few repeatable phenomena and find a 'match' to historical data. Some technical analysis uses FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) to extract dominant cycles and attempt to get turning points for tops and bottoms. Fib numbers, golden mean, all of it - you can get some interesting 'hits', but the numbers don't imply much for price action in the predictive sense.

That is a very nice exponential function, though. If anything, perhaps you're keyed into the adoption rate of bitcoin independent of the traded price. That's my guess, at any rate.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
mobodick

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:10:36 PM

It's interesting and all, but honestly you can take a few repeatable phenomena and find a 'match' to historical data. Some technical analysis uses FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) to extract dominant cycles and attempt to get turning points for tops and bottoms. Fib numbers, golden mean, all of it - you can get some interesting 'hits', but the numbers don't imply much for price action in the predictive sense.

That is a very nice exponential function, though. If anything, perhaps you're keyed into the adoption rate of bitcoin independent of the traded price. That's my guess, at any rate.

Yes, it is nicely exponential.
And thats why i don't think it's a natural movement like adoption rate.
Things like press and conferences should have has a more random effect on it.
Why would adoption rate (or any other 'natural' behavioral phenomenon) be so exact on such a small scale?
I mean, the start of this function is 2 years old. Adoption at that time was chunky.
But the price never drops below the function. If it was something like adoption then it would have swung around it.
 Undecided
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 06:53:29 PM

For this log chart i used a x^1.82 function (iirc). Then i mirrored horizontally and rotated 90 deg.
If you look at these bottom points in linear view then you see a slightly accelerating rise in price.
But what i find shocking is that there is this very nice simple relation of the bottom to an exponential function.

When you plot a log curve on a log chart, what does that look like on a linear chart?  Does it mean linear growth?

All exponential growth shows up as a straight line on a log chart doesn't it?

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
cloon (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 07:04:03 PM

When you plot a log curve on a log chart, what does that look like on a linear chart?  Does it mean linear growth?

it depends on how hard exponential the graph compared to the exponential chart axis...

you can plot a log courve (not a hard one) on a log chart and it could still be exponential on a linear chart... (like bitcoin looks now^^)

just a guess ... didnt proof it mathematically... if I get time to, I'll do it...

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
mobodick

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 07:06:11 PM

You're right.
I shouldn't call it an exponential function as that implies e
It's just a simple function of the form f(x) = x^r where r is a constant.

Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
September 28, 2012, 10:27:51 PM

X is years from founding and Y is total value (Bitcoin)/revenue (paypal).

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:27:15 PM

Neutral triangle (slightly downward) closing at 24:00 UTC on 11th of October 2012.

Resistance (red) is stronger then support (green), because more often tested --> more likely the outbreak will be downward

PSAR points down and confirms resistance.

Dead Cat Bounce from 10.60$ to 12.40$ went along decreasing volume which indicates decreasing buy interest among traders --> Correction is due and likely as outcome of triangle

Short term: DOWN
Target price: 11.20$

Mid term: UP

Long term: UP

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 12:01:49 AM

Neutral triangle (slightly downward) closing at 24:00 UTC on 11th of October 2012.

Resistance (red) is stronger then support (green), because more often tested --> more likely the outbreak will be downward

PSAR points down and confirms resistance.

Dead Cat Bounce from 10.60$ to 12.40$ went along decreasing volume which indicates decreasing buy interest among traders --> Correction is due and likely as outcome of triangle

Short term: DOWN
Target price: 11.20$

Mid term: UP

Long term: UP

There is no 24:00... do you mean 00:00 on the 12th?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 12:23:28 AM

I'm pretty sure the little volume over the past few days has just been people who actually need bitcoins. (aka silk road buyers) We are doomed to go back down this weekend.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699
Merit: 500

Your Minion

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 01:39:37 AM

Cash waiting on standby  Grin

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
cloon (OP)

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 09:04:07 PM

under green line is very strong, coming from2 dollar bottom touching 5.2USD on beginning of june
upper green line coming from 31USD top (only 2 time touched)
looks like were on a desicion point... will it crash painfully or will it continue regular growth and skyrocket?

donations to 13zWUMSHA7AzGjqWmJNhJLYZxHmjNPKduY
Chaz

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 05:14:33 AM

Over sold? Is now the time to buy?

1FsQJtY4vbvbkJj4Pd869rDcbFmu11RHge
Yuhfhrh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:34:29 AM

I think one or the other will happen. (Both are from just from my gut.)  Grin

myself
Legendary

Activity: 938

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 11:06:22 AM

Over sold? Is now the time to buy?
yes is over sold and can stay like that 1 weeks 2 weeks or even more is time to buy when its about to leave the over sold condition

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: