Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:45:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1240 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CCminer(SP-MOD) Modded GPU kernels.  (Read 2347500 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:52:57 AM

I can see your commits alone, its not the point, you not acknowledging other ppl work you c/p and GPL of their work + ccminer is a problem

Without my work all the coins will be harvested...

is this your farm? and you said that you don't have 1000 gpu
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:04:10 AM

Not my farm Amph. This is a chinese farm.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
kkasz

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:43:20 AM

Hello,

Is there a built-in option in miner, to auto-shutdown in case of high temperature? One of my GTX have some sort of fan controller problems. The fan will randomly stop, and i have to give it a good spin manually before it kicks in again. Kinda weird, since it starts just fine during POST. I would still like to use it while waiting for replacement.
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:19:46 AM

I guess its his farm harvesting LBC atm  Roll Eyes

My private LBRY miner does

gtx 10603gb: 200
gtx 1070: 330

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:54:45 AM

Today I will release an update in the Nexus algo. Nexus #9.
#9 is finding more blocks than #8 beta, but the kernel code is the same.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:19:43 AM

is the sp mod 8 faster than the ccminer 2.0?
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:34:30 AM

Wich algo signatum?

sp-mod #8 is around 13% faster than ccminer 2.2 on the gtx 1060 3gb.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:48:57 AM

Nexus #9 beta sendt to the donators.

du44

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:03:08 AM

Nexus #9 beta sendt to the donators.
Again i have issue with speed drop by 30% on the 6x1080ti like a 8th version first release

hello
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:10:00 AM

Currently you can make as much dual mining with a 1070 eth+dcr as you can mining Zcash. Actually you make a little bit more. This goes back to earlier discussion I had in this thread about 1080/tis being a bad investment.

That really depends.  If you're building a bunch of rigs with lots of cards, then yes.  The 1080Ti is a bad investment.  But so is the 1070.  The 1060 is really the king of the Hash/Watt/Price formula.

If you have 1-8 gpu's in a single rig, then you want to get the maximum performance you can from that rig, and while you may pay more for those 1080Ti's, you're getting enough hashing power to actually see some results.

I did some calculations, and the 1080Ti's isn't nearly as bad as most people think, particularly if you're mining profitable algorithms that benefit from the extra power (which Eth doesn't).  And since ETH has huge difficulty bombs coming, there is no point whatsoever optimizing for Eth.

According to my calculations, the 1080 is actually the worst in terms of $/Watt.

In the Equahash Hash/$ category, the $199 10603G does 1.3567839196 Hashes per dollar, while the 1070 does 1.0023310023 Hashes per dollar and the 1080Ti does 0.8366271410 Hashes per dollar.  But, the 1080Ti generates 635H/s and the 1070 only generates 430.  If I only have a few cards, I want to maximize my profit, not my averages.

P.S. There is a much larger gap between 1060 and 1070 Hash/$ than there is between 1070 and 1080

1060 is too small. While a 1070 isn't as good hash/$, it's consistently 2x as fast as a 1060. 1080/tis all have issues with different algos, even ones they work 'well' in they don't always scale to their full potential due to GDDR5 X. A 1070 does. It's not all about hash/$.

There are other coins that are huge that also use Dagger. Dagger, which Ethereum uses, isn't particular JUST to Ethereum. Furthermore they announced they're pushing back PoS again. Dagger will remain an important part of the mining community at least for another 1 1/2 to 2 years. I'm one of the first people who pointed out impending doom of Ethereum's difficulty hike, since then they've continually pushed it back.

Taking that once again a bit further, since Dagger, specifically Ethereum is such a huge hash sink, when it starts going down hill it will take all the other coins and algos with it. When something else becomes more profitable, people will go to the other more profitable coins. Which is why I always talk about Zcash for Nvidia, as that's where everyone ends up. It's the same thing only on a bigger scale when it comes to Ethereum. No GPU coin is safe when it comes to the Ethereum winter, which is why dagger performance will always be important.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:27:21 AM

@sp

Hi there, CAN YOU PLEASE LET US USE CWI POOL. THANKS.

Can you take screenshot of the error message please...  Grin

this actually makes me a very happy man ...
this proves two things ...
1 - we at CWI - REALLY - got under your skin so much so - that you had to write us into the mod ...
2 - how much of a TWAT you really are - and for the world to see ...
made me very happy indeed ...
only an imbecile of childish mentality and unscrupulous morals can do that ... and here you are ...
tanx rune stensland ... proving everything i have said about you - is SPOT ON ...
Wink ...
#crysx

I don't know, you seem to enjoy trying to shit in his thread while promoting your product. What does that count as?

Hmmm...

More insults and confirming what I just said.

Yup. I read this thread on a regular basis. You're a douche, a hypocrite, you're worse then SP in the way you try to manipulate people, and you pretend you're actually hot stuff. I wonder why people don't like you. Sorry I'm allergic to all of the above.

as if YOU have done ANYTHING worthwhile FOR the community and those that actually matter? ...
for the miners - the users - the PEOPLE ? ...
yup ... your words - thoughts - feelings - are worth much arent they? ...
imbecile ...
#crysx

lol, we've covered this before.

-I've went out of my way to point out niche coins
-Pointed out coins looking for new miners
-I've reported on problems with certain GPUs and flagged them for people buying hardware such as bad fans or high failure rate (as I DO have a lot of hardware)
-I commissioned a BBR stratum implementation through Epsylon which is currently in ccminer and that's the sole reason it is there
-I've contributed to AM development which a lot of miners are currently using in this very thread.

Now you on the other hand, shit talk one of the few god Nvidia developers we have constantly SP, try to take public devs private to make your own miners which you generally don't share with people, go out of your way to ruin things for another developer because you decided to making a competing product (which you more then likely just stole code and remasked it), and generally speaking you're just a cyst on the community.

If you want to talk about doing anything, WHAT have you done? You made a half ass miner that is locked specifically to one pool (which you run) and in order to get people to use it you go around in someone elses thread and try to make them look bad, so you look better.

Speaking of GPL code. Is your source code available? Oh no? How do we know it doesn't use GPL code? That's the funny thing about this witch burning. Everyone is a fucking witch at some level, it's just who hides it better.

You can't even make paragraphs or finish a thought, they're always followed by insults as well.

Don't even bother replying to it - we all know Bensam is damaged, a troll, or both. He can keep bowing to sp_ for his (usually fake) miniscule "optimizations."

The jealousy some of you guys have over SP getting a lot of attention is insane. Guess I'll buy your 10BTC AMD miner instead... Oh wait.

Q-Q-Q-QUAD SHAMELESS THREAD BUMP! Here, cuz - I'll bump it for you, so you don't feel so bad!

When wolf0 is back in town, something big is cooking... :-)

I found a way I can help hit sp_ - a cheap profiteer who gives real devs a bad name - where it hurts. And so, I shall.

He couldn't compete with Claymore and decided to come over here cause SP is getting attention and he wants some. XD

Bad name? Something about you selling private x11 bins to big farms back in '14 and completely destroying profits for the entirety of the AMD community (AKA small AMD miners)...

once again shitsam - nothing worth a pinch of salt to add ...

guess who HELPED rune to get where he is? ... and then he backstabbed me in the process? ...

read back the multitude of pages where 'chrysophylax' and 'crysx' was on almost every page when sp was starting out - and YOU were no where to be found you cretinous imbecile ...

it was YOU that 'shit' - and still do - on EVERY OTHER decent developer out there ... from wolf and djm34 to alexis78 today ... YOU - the numbskull that has no morals at all - just like your fake 'god' rune / sp ...

and you STILL manage to come in with the crap about all this - and how you have somehow helped in someway - with some garbage 'fact' that you conjure up about source that EVERYONE needs to see to prove that we are not violating GPL as well? ... nice try ... why dont we just opensource our code so rune can copy that also? ... so you can come in here and spill more bullshit about how you help people in the mining community so much - that you are showing the 'best' guy to BUY OUR miner from after he copy-pastes it and tweaks a few things in it ...

our next version for testing is nothing like ANY miner on the market AGAIN - and there is absolutely NOTHING you can do to force us to publicly show our code so your 'god' can copy it ...

and as for the writing style? ... well - im SOOO happy it gets under your skin ... really i am Smiley ...

i even asked sp back then to start off with me - so that he could join a TEAM that could be built to make a good mining environment using what skills he may have had ...

his response? ... 'no - my optimizations are for MY farm and to grow MY farm' ... thats your 'god' right there ... thats when i knew this is no honest dev - this is just a greedy selfish person who has learnt how to do a few tricks in the kernels to SHOW more hashrate ... so i went looking for a DEVELOPER that could actually WRITE CODE ... found wolf and tanguy and a few others - back in the days you were not even interested is rune / sp or any of 'his' so called work ... yes rune CAN code - but in assembly ... which is what he does for a living in the company he works for in norway ... NOT kernels and C++ / CUDA / OpenCL ... so when a greedy conniving person like rune hatches a plan to break the GPL because 'no one' is policing it AND meddle with a little bit of the code to make it look like its a better hashrate - that does NOT make him a 'god' of optimization ...

get your facts straight - and LEARN how to research well - before that mouth of yours rattles off the diarrhea you continuously drivel ...

rune has build a farm of many hundreds of gpus from what? ... his own hard work? ... or the work of others he has no right to sell? ... YES - he can sell his changes to the miner - BUT he MUST supply the source code WITH it ... NOT so 'we' can copy it - just so he can ABIDE by the GPL rules and LAW ... as the GPL is there for the coders that HAVE released the work - and rune is using that as his BASE to tweak ... so he needs do the RIGHT thing ... but doesnt ... and neither are you ...

the real developers CODE ... not 'just' copy ... and when they base their work on GPL code - the REAL developers release their changes and code ... just so rune can copy and privatize and sell to grow HIS farm ... you are a special kind of imbecile to think that is ok - even on a logical level let alone a moral one ...

You didn't do anything to help SP get where he is anymore then I did by buying his miners or donating. You aren't entitled to someones life work by buying from them. Nor is what they buy with their money 'yours' after you purchase something from them. That is some seriously gross sense of entitlement.

Posting a lot != helping. Like these last couple pages where you've just been shit talking SP. I guess by your definition that's also helping. ~_~

You also tried to buy SP, Epsylon, DJM, and Pallas out to make them one of your private devs. That doesn't help the community remotely.

I don't shit talk developers. Quote it or you're flat out lying. The only one I maintain some animonsity towards is Wolf0 who lost me (and every other AMD miner in '14) a bunch of money.

Yup, I have helped and bulleted it. You responded with insult. And yup, you also wont reveal your source code so people can verify you aren't violating GPL licensing. Weird... That conveniently works out, doesn't it? Like I said, everyone copies everyone else here, it's just a game of who hides it the best. That's all GPL licensing is.

Yup, changing your UI != different miner. I'll be wowed by the letterhead and UI output I'm sure.

Yes, you're a dumbass that still doesn't know how to write paragraphs. It gets under not only my skin, but pretty much anyone else who has to wade through your pile of shit posts that are everywhere and take up four times as much room as they need to.

I never said SP is 'my god' (seriously it's like you're jacking yourself off when you write some of this stuff). I do know he makes me miners that I can purchase that I otherwise wouldn't be able to that also earn me money. That's win win. I do know you've tried to start multiple unsucessful ventures including poaching developers that public miners have access to and know that doesn't help me in addition to you constantly shit talking in his thread to give your own product attention.

It's really weird that you can't even stick by your own points and have to fall back on insults right away. If you notice my posts are generally driven by points and fact and sometimes flavorfully punctuated with a insult, but my points themselves are not derived from insults. Where as you basically made an entire section describing a insult and how it pertains to me? And ranted about said insult for half your post. I literally clipped 1/2 of your post as that was all it was

Funny as though you're portraying SP as a 'false idol' all the while you're desperately trying to make people think you are a god of some kind? I will use your miner when it makes me money, I don't see any point in any of your posts till then. That's what this all comes down to. Making money and you aren't doing it. All you can do is tell how much money you'll make in the future and we're supposed to worship you (all the while you shit talk people that actually DO make us money).

Weird how that works, no?

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:31:22 AM

Currently you can make as much dual mining with a 1070 eth+dcr as you can mining Zcash. Actually you make a little bit more. This goes back to earlier discussion I had in this thread about 1080/tis being a bad investment.

That really depends.  If you're building a bunch of rigs with lots of cards, then yes.  The 1080Ti is a bad investment.  But so is the 1070.  The 1060 is really the king of the Hash/Watt/Price formula.

If you have 1-8 gpu's in a single rig, then you want to get the maximum performance you can from that rig, and while you may pay more for those 1080Ti's, you're getting enough hashing power to actually see some results.

I did some calculations, and the 1080Ti's isn't nearly as bad as most people think, particularly if you're mining profitable algorithms that benefit from the extra power (which Eth doesn't).  And since ETH has huge difficulty bombs coming, there is no point whatsoever optimizing for Eth.

According to my calculations, the 1080 is actually the worst in terms of $/Watt.

In the Equahash Hash/$ category, the $199 10603G does 1.3567839196 Hashes per dollar, while the 1070 does 1.0023310023 Hashes per dollar and the 1080Ti does 0.8366271410 Hashes per dollar.  But, the 1080Ti generates 635H/s and the 1070 only generates 430.  If I only have a few cards, I want to maximize my profit, not my averages.

P.S. There is a much larger gap between 1060 and 1070 Hash/$ than there is between 1070 and 1080

1060 is too small. While a 1070 isn't as good hash/$, it's consistently 2x as fast as a 1060. 1080/tis all have issues with different algos, even ones they work 'well' in they don't always scale to their full potential due to GDDR5 X. A 1070 does. It's not all about hash/$.

There are other coins that are huge that also use Dagger. Dagger, which Ethereum uses, isn't particular JUST to Ethereum. Furthermore they announced they're pushing back PoS again. Dagger will remain an important part of the mining community at least for another 1 1/2 to 2 years. I'm one of the first people who pointed out impending doom of Ethereum's difficulty hike, since then they've continually pushed it back.

Taking that once again a bit further, since Dagger, specifically Ethereum is such a huge hash sink, when it starts going down hill it will take all the other coins and algos with it. When something else becomes more profitable, people will go to the other more profitable coins. Which is why I always talk about Zcash for Nvidia, as that's where everyone ends up. It's the same thing only on a bigger scale when it comes to Ethereum. No GPU coin is safe when it comes to the Ethereum winter, which is why dagger performance will always be important.
Are u sure? 1060 vs 1070 is 1 vs 1.5 in almost everywhere. Excluding Eth mining, where it is only 1 vs 1.25

With todays prices 1080 is much better than 1070. And it is 1080 that is 2x of 1060. Except Eth mining.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:47:33 AM

Are u sure? 1060 vs 1070 is 1 vs 1.5 in almost everywhere. Excluding Eth mining, where it is only 1 vs 1.25

With todays prices 1080 is much better than 1070. And it is 1080 that is 2x of 1060. Except Eth mining.

It's closer to 40% slower or a 1070 is 40% faster. That's based off raw CUDA cores. Just off the top, this holds true in Skunk. A 1060 3GB is producing 19 while top results for a 1070 are 32. Which is almost exactly 40% increase. That's from Yiimp. Half as fast was a typo, I meant 50% (but it's closer to 40%).

19 x 1.5 is 28.5. The 40% slower is straight from the difference in cuda cores.

1080/ti both have issues with algos due to their GDDR5X memory. Even algos that they work 'properly' in they don't always get the full speed. You can look at Epsylons thread for more information on that. I had to hammer out a couple really big posts about it and rather not rehash that here. Either way the 1080/ti are bad buys, especially the TIs which have much higher power draw and coolers generally can't keep up with them, in addition to the increased system power draw that requires much more beefy PSUs. They're practically worthless in Dagger. For instance a 1080ti should routinely be 85% faster then a 1070 for the amount of CUDA cores it has, but rarely is and often is closer to 50% depending on the algo.

Best buy still is a 1070, even at the slightly higher prices they have currently.

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:57:16 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 10:07:58 AM by sp_

I have just release nist5 #1 sp-mod ppl ask me about the profit..

With using my mod a gtx 1070 does around 60MHASH of nist5. ($2.92 a day)
With using my mod a gtx 1080ti does around 92.5MHASH of nist5. ($4.5 a day)

here is a snapshot from the hashrefinery pool:

http://pool.hashrefinery.com/

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:02:16 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 10:24:08 AM by sp_

The nicehash profit switcher is doing around $2 per gtx 1070 and $2.84 on the 1080ti

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=calc

Profit snapshot 1080ti

sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 10:52:21 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 11:32:51 AM by sp_

Again i have issue with speed drop by 30% on the 6x1080ti like a 8th version first release

I tried to build a 32 bit version, but got a drop of 10MHASH on the gtx 1070. #8 beta had a bug, so #9 will find more blocks even with 30% drop in the hashrate.

pthatung

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 11:37:03 AM

I tried to build a 32 bit version, but got a drop of 10MHASH on the gtx 1070. #8 beta had a bug, so #9 will find more blocks even with 30% drop in the hashrate.

i hope it can found block bc with spminer32 over 12hour x6 1080 ti cant found any block
Jmb

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:12:39 PM

I have just release nist5 #1 sp-mod ppl ask me about the profit..

With using my mod a gtx 1070 does around 60MHASH of nist5. ($2.92 a day)
With using my mod a gtx 1080ti does around 92.5MHASH of nist5. ($4.5 a day)

here is a snapshot from the hashrefinery pool:

http://pool.hashrefinery.com/

https://i.imgur.com/q5aChCj.png

What is result your mod a gtx 1080?
sp_ (OP)
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:33:44 PM

not sure. Perhaps 75MHASH?

willtc

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:53:14 PM

#9 is killing my rigs, after starting they totally freeze up and reboot eventually
Pages: « 1 ... 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1240 »
  Print  

Jump to: