Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:11:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 149109 times)
Morguk

Activity: 594
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 11:28:00 AM

Thanks everyone for  your help. I have both of the U3s running, I am getting  a 70.4g average for both on the 1 min, total average 60.1 in half an hour/

One of the U3s went zombie and I unplugged it and it re-started.

If I reboot the computer I have to reinstall the driver for the second U3 with Zadig.

I power on both U3s, Plug in only one usb , if both are plugged in It crashes the miner.  After the first one starts I plug in the second one and it starts running.

They do not output much heat, I was hoping for a little heat for my apartment.

I am done playing for today, Learned a lot for a 67 year old woman Smiley

Barbara

Haha you are awesome! Good luck I hope you can get them running perfectly!

Calculate the chance of hitting a bitcoin block when solo mining at
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 02:09:46 PM

Since the power brick supplied using the settings they suggest pretty much started melting on me does anyone know of a decent replacement I can pick up off amazon or something?

There's some links in my rbox guides

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:11:24 PM

BITMAIN Promotion plan for S3+, S4 and C1
$50 coupon for S3+, $400 coupon for S4 and $50 coupon for C1 are issued to customers who ever bought miners from BITMAIN or our official distributors Smiley

No C1 coupons
ImCrazyOne

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 08:43:35 PM

BITMAIN please fix U3, coupons means i have to spend MORE of my bitcoins for bitmain.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 09:37:23 PM

The point and what you said are valid, i've seen too many power supplies come from China which can only be called an electrical death trap and/or an EMC compliance nightmare.

Seriously, anyone can get power supplies that can kick out 6A, we don't need power supplies that will either throw out too much RFI or burn someones house to the ground, after all, anyone reselling these in Europe (and I assume other countries, but I wouldn't know) will be liable for it.

These are the same PSUs you buy in the US and EU from Amazon - it all comes from China. We looked at making a no PSU SKU and the price wouldn't make a lot of sense so everyone would buy the with PSU SKU.

Pieh0 is right, there is a big internal difference between a well designed quality psu and a cheap firestarter...
You are welcome to post a full CE check report and PICs from the internal design

It make no sense to pay high air freight cost for a PSU

So please offer them without PSU and let customer decide (if anybody want to buy them ;-))

Since the power brick supplied using the settings they suggest pretty much started melting on me does anyone know of a decent replacement I can pick up off amazon or something?

There's some links in my rbox guides

Roll Eyes

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
swhity8

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:45:58 AM

Help! I can't get my computer to detect my U3. I tied loading the drivers and using the settings that Bitmain listed but no luck. I am using cgminer ver 4.6. It won't find the usb device.
BITMAIN_JLXUE

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:57:09 AM

Try this:
Code:
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65   -o xxx -u xxx  --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306
BITMAIN_JLXUE

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:02:18 PM

Got mine today. Plugged it into my machine which is currently running 2 Ant U2's with CGminer 4.4.2. I used Zadig to install the WinUSB driver for the device.
Do I need to update CGMiner or change my command line to get this to work?

UPDATE: Tried CGMiner 4.7.1 and no improvement.

Icarus detect (1:11) fialed to initialise (incorrect device?)

Is no one using else using their U3 yet?

cgminer for U3(cgminer-run-windows-20141027.rar)
https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201404130633105772QFG6R2u0635
Xumpy

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 01:51:59 PM

Try this:
Code:
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65   -o xxx -u xxx  --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306

That's it! Mining at 60GH on a raspberry pi.

Thanx mate!
CryptoCrane

Activity: 384
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 03:09:46 PM

Try this:
Code:

That's it! Mining at 60GH on a raspberry pi.

Thanx mate!

Likewise, that fixed it for me too! Thanks!

Speedster1978

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:01:43 PM

I'm trying to figure out a weird issue...

Originally I had issues getting my U3 to work on my desktop, so I got it up and going on my laptop... works great... problem is when I have to use my laptop for work, I have to VPN into my work, so I can't get pools to work anymore... so I had to move it back to my desktop...

I get CGMiner to work on my desktop where it recognizes the U3 now, after wiping out all device manager hidden devices and what not with it unplugged... problem is now it can see the device but it keeps saying:

Pool 0 difficulty changed to 32
And it never starts up... my URL, User, and Password is the exact same as on my laptop, but doesn't seem to work.
I made sure it's allowed through the firewall as well...

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong now?

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ● ⚫ ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:24:39 PM

When is Bitmain going to merge U3 support into the main CGMiner? The CGminer that supports U3 does NOT work with my Rockminer!
Speedster1978

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 05:01:08 PM

I'm trying to figure out a weird issue...

Originally I had issues getting my U3 to work on my desktop, so I got it up and going on my laptop... works great... problem is when I have to use my laptop for work, I have to VPN into my work, so I can't get pools to work anymore... so I had to move it back to my desktop...

I get CGMiner to work on my desktop where it recognizes the U3 now, after wiping out all device manager hidden devices and what not with it unplugged... problem is now it can see the device but it keeps saying:

Pool 0 difficulty changed to 32
And it never starts up... my URL, User, and Password is the exact same as on my laptop, but doesn't seem to work.
I made sure it's allowed through the firewall as well...

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong now?

I made an account with GHash.IO and it's working great... wondering why Slush's Pool that I prefer to be on isn't working for me anymore Sad

___ dock.io _______Decentralized professional data exchange powered by Ethereum_______
WHITEPAPER     █ █ █ █     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     █ █ █ █     ANN THREAD
Nightshiftgirl

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:10:31 PM

Speedster 1978  I can not get into several pools either,  The setting only work on one pool for me. I have tried Slush's pool several times  No joy

Xumpy I am using your setting and my GPH went up,  I was getting about 30Gh each on two U3s, Now I am getting 45 Gh on each, still not the advertised 63 each.

Thanks for the support I get on this forum.

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:26:26 PM

This Post is really for Bitman.

If the goal of this U3 miner is to help decentralize mining, you have missed a large target.  I am a 67 year old retired female. I purchased two U3's on line (eBay I could not afford your minimum order)  because I thought it would be fun to play with and addition to the trading that I do.  (small amounts I am retired).

That said I know other people my age would be interesting in something like this if it was much more Plug and Play.  It is kind of fun watching it work.

It is hard to set up and I have found through the help of this Forum and not Bitmain how to get the U3s to run at about 45Gh each.

Now at the same time I ordered  s3+ from an eBay seller that was selling them new. Again shipping for only one miner is too much. It is not here yet so I can not comment on that.

That being said I feel cheated by the performance of the U3, I did not get what I paid for and I can not return them.

I noticed that you are offering coupons, but since I did not buy from you directly I do not get any.

I would be happy if you would give me a 400.00 coupon for a S4 and I would order it.  Or of course you could send me a free U3 to make up for the GH  I am not getting.

Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
polymer_city

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:35:02 PM

If the goal of this U3 miner is to help decentralize mining, you have missed a large target.  I am a 67 year old retired female. I purchased two U3's on line (eBay I could not afford your minimum order)  because I thought it would be fun to play with and addition to the trading that I do.  (small amounts I am retired).

That said I know other people my age would be interesting in something like this if it was much more Plug and Play.  It is kind of fun watching it work.

It is hard to set up and I have found through the help of this Forum and not Bitmain how to get the U3s to run at about 45Gh each.

Now at the same time I ordered  s3+ from an eBay seller that was selling them new. Again shipping for only one miner is too much. It is not here yet so I can not comment on that.

That being said I feel cheated by the performance of the U3, I did not get what I paid for and I can not return them.

I noticed that you are offering coupons, but since I did not buy from you directly I do not get any.

I would be happy if you would give me a 400.00 coupon for a S4 and I would order it.  Or of course you could send me a free U3 to make up for the GH  I am not getting.

Barbara

Send me you bitmain ID and I will send you S4 coupons. How many? There's no chance I'm going to use 154 of them!
Nightshiftgirl

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 06:52:09 PM

Sent my Id,  thanks
Barbara

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
Speedster1978

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:29:25 PM

Barbara

Send me you bitmain ID and I will send you S4 coupons. How many? There's no chance I'm going to use 154 of them!

Can you apply more then one coupon to an S4 order or just one? With this coupon, instead of $1400, it would just be $1000 right?

magicstix

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 09:32:36 PM

I also bought one from Minersource.net.   I can only get mine to hash at like 2-12GH/s and it is very very unstable at best.   I was probably the first one to speak to your support guy on the number from my S3.   He remoted in and was able to find a few freq's that worked but nothing was stable at all.   So basically it is a pretty paper weight.....   I was so looking forward to these too....

Bitmain Tech and Minersource User:   (Mailed to person from Bitmain.  As it is my email addie.)
magicstix

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:38:04 PM

Just a preliminary post, "BUT" I may know why these things aren't hashing correctly and I don't think it has anything to do with the chips or power.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: