Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 149096 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:00:42 PM

Hi All,  

I've been reading through this long thread and haven't been able to find a clear answer.

I have a U3 working fine on cgminer using Windows 10.  I would like to have it work with two U3's at once.  Here is my current batch file, could someone please tell me what I need to modify to get it to work with two U3's?

Code:
cgminer.exe  --bmsc-options 115200:0.57 -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1DqnYDCu24ot7JKZwNEvNDMLRH8CTeSHaC.0 -p 123,123  --bmsc-voltage 0830  --bmsc-freq 0982

Would really appreciate any help provide.

Thanks!

You should not need two passwords.   I  would bring up command window and go to folder then run, cgminer.exe --ndevs  , I believe that should show all miners hooked up so easy way to see the 2 U3's are both connected right.

If you see both with ndevs then next remove all the bmsc codes and run something like:
Code:
cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1DqnYDCu24ot7JKZwNEvNDMLRH8CTeSHaC.0 -p 123

See if that starts running them both, then add back variables and see what happens.    I have been spoiled by my modified R1 from crazyguy where it's point/click.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 06:05:46 PM

Hi All, 

I've been reading through this long thread and haven't been able to find a clear answer.

I have a U3 working fine on cgminer using Windows 10.  I would like to have it work with two U3's at once.  Here is my current batch file, could someone please tell me what I need to modify to get it to work with two U3's?

Code:
cgminer.exe  --bmsc-options 115200:0.57 -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1DqnYDCu24ot7JKZwNEvNDMLRH8CTeSHaC.0 -p 123,123  --bmsc-voltage 0830  --bmsc-freq 0982

Thanks!

You should download the latest cgminer 4.9.2 instead of using bitmain's old fork with the bmsc junk. https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer

It was updated to "work better" with the U3, it is much improved over bitmain's old copy.

See the readme.asic for new u3 commands instead of the bmsc.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 07:04:21 AM

Hi All,  

I have a U3 working fine on cgminer using Windows 10.  I would like to have it work with two U3's at once.  Here is my current batch file, could someone please tell me what I need to modify to get it to work with two U3's?

Code:
cgminer.exe  --bmsc-options 115200:0.57 -o stratum+tcp://solo.ckpool.org:3333 -u 1DqnYDCu24ot7JKZwNEvNDMLRH8CTeSHaC.0 -p 123,123  --bmsc-voltage 0830  --bmsc-freq 0982

Thanks!

You should download the latest cgminer 4.9.2 instead of using bitmain's old fork with the bmsc junk. https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer

It was updated to "work better" with the U3, it is much improved over bitmain's old copy.

He will probably need a link to a site with a precompiled copy for windows..... as most windoes[nt] users won't/cant go through the steps to compile their own.....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2015, 07:45:55 AM

He will probably need a link to a site with a precompiled copy for windows..... as most windoes[nt] users won't/cant go through the steps to compile their own.....
All official versions of cgminer contain precompiled binary downloads for windows. What made you think it was was only source?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 10:18:41 PM

Hi All,  

Code:

Thanks!

The precompiled windows version is there, he just has to click the download link, but I guess I can copy paste it here as well: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/
jdacal

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 12:14:55 AM

Thanks everybody.  Traveling at the moment, but will install the newer version when I return at the end of the week.

I did get the old version working after my post with two of the U3's.  Haven't had them zombie once yet.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 05:07:38 AM

The precompiled windows version is there, he just has to click the download link, but I guess I can copy paste it here as well: http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

I never found the precompiled one before.

Many thanks.

I am however announcing that I am selling my U3 (too much hassle for me not being home enough to keep it 100%) to someone on craigslist, supposedly for testing the gridcoin network, and a new coin for a gaming site... they want to be able to test the network and algo =)

Good to know its going to a good use after its leaving me;  and I think my ROI is 125% now that Its being sold.    I have made just about a few bucks in mining with it on altcoins, and selling it for close to what I paid.

So for anyone who said you would never dream of reaching ROI with this miner is sadly mistaken Wink

I still recommend the U3 for people who want a lottery machine, and can get it set up on a controller like the R1 with the modded firmware, or my recommendation of a PI with Raspbian and Minera... its VERY consistent.   With Minera and defaults (normal cgminer fork);  it saw a solid 57Gh average on the graphs.  Minera supports auto miner reboots when zombie, and Pi reboots when freezing (os watchdog setting).  I had zero problems with Minera until I was stupid enough to not configure bitcoin core properly and it filled up the SD card in a heartbeat; instead of storing and using the blockchain that I had on a USB HDD.

I had the best results as well with: --bmsc-voltage 0830  --bmsc-freq 0982

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 08:53:16 AM

I never found the precompiled one before.

Many thanks.

I am however announcing that I am selling my U3 (too much hassle for me not being home enough to keep it 100%) to someone on craigslist, supposedly for testing the gridcoin network, and a new coin for a gaming site... they want to be able to test the network and algo =)

Good to know its going to a good use after its leaving me;  and I think my ROI is 125% now that Its being sold.    I have made just about a few bucks in mining with it on altcoins, and selling it for close to what I paid.

So for anyone who said you would never dream of reaching ROI with this miner is sadly mistaken Wink

I still recommend the U3 for people who want a lottery machine, and can get it set up on a controller like the R1 with the modded firmware, or my recommendation of a PI with Raspbian and Minera... its VERY consistent.   With Minera and defaults (normal cgminer fork);  it saw a solid 57Gh average on the graphs.  Minera supports auto miner reboots when zombie, and Pi reboots when freezing (os watchdog setting).  I had zero problems with Minera until I was stupid enough to not configure bitcoin core properly and it filled up the SD card in a heartbeat; instead of storing and using the blockchain that I had on a USB HDD.

I had the best results as well with: --bmsc-voltage 0830  --bmsc-freq 0982

Honestly look into CrazyGuy's R1 with his firmware.  It's what has kept me from going insane with 3 U3's.  The fixing of zombies automatically is great. 

If you don't have it you just have a lot of downtime unless you check it very often..... which is a pain.
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 04:45:52 PM

My U3 are like my cats, they need a bit of attention but most of the time they're fine.

I don't think that the occasionnal zombie is a problem (well, unless it's a cat then it'll eat you while you sleep) Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 06:32:26 PM

My U3 are like my cats, they need a bit of attention but most of the time they're fine.

I don't think that the occasionnal zombie is a problem (well, unless it's a cat then it'll eat you while you sleep) Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How many do you have? When I had 3 on windows i caused multiple times a day of attention.

The worst ones were if I was not around it sit there zombied, and no hashing.  CrazyGuy's R1 really is great at fixing zombies.
zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 07:02:32 PM

How many do you have? When I had 3 on windows i caused multiple times a day of attention.

The worst ones were if I was not around it sit there zombied, and no hashing.  CrazyGuy's R1 really is great at fixing zombies.

I have 6 running on a RPI2

(Clic to enlarge)

I monitor them nearly constantly (using cryptoglance) when I'm working from home, and when cgminer doesn't manage to restart the occasionnal zombie, I get to unplug/plug the USB cable.
it happens 2/3 times a day. (and not 2/3 times per U3, but generally)

I have 3 running on the power adapter and 3 on a 650W power supply that also runs my BFL30Ghs and 4 fans.

I've ordered shorter USB cable so I don't have to loop them as I'm doing with the long ones coming with the U3.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:02:37 PM

(Clic to enlarge)

I monitor them nearly constantly (using cryptoglance) when I'm working from home, and when cgminer doesn't manage to restart the occasionnal zombie, I get to unplug/plug the USB cable.

I have 3 running on the power adapter and 3 on a 650W power supply that also runs my BFL30Ghs and 4 fans.

I've ordered shorter USB cable so I don't have to loop them as I'm doing with the long ones coming with the U3.

Nice setup.  I highly suggest looking into CrazyGuy's R1 firmware - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612390.0 select the custom firmware when ordering.

With it you won't even be monitoring like you have been.  With my 3 I was constantly walking looking for red LED (I had in a spot I walked past so I could see led to verify still mining).  But with the the custom R1 I not only don't have to monitor but I don't have to reset, it does it all.  It's a lot for me personally.
zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:12:57 PM

I know, you've been very positive about the antrouter.

Except it doesn't fit my use of my U3 Smiley

RichBC

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 08:21:24 PM

Just as an aside here, and I like notlist3d am a great supporter of the R1 with CrazyGuy's firmware. The reason that the R1 does a good job is because of the Cron Job that runs & checks that the R1 or the U3 are hashing correctly and if not restarts cgminer. I suspect that this Cron Job or something similar could be run on any platform including the RPi?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Riseman

Activity: 690

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:21:31 PM

Just as an aside here, and I like notlist3d am a great supporter of the R1 with CrazyGuy's firmware. The reason that the R1 does a good job is because of the Cron Job that runs & checks that the R1 or the U3 are hashing correctly and if not restarts cgminer. I suspect that this Cron Job or something similar could be run on any platform including the RPi?

Rich

But a stalled U3 needs to be physically replugged, doesn't it? Then how does this custom R1 fix it? Or is it possible to reset it by software?
RichBC

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 09:28:53 PM

Rich

But a stalled U3 needs to be physically replugged, doesn't it? Then how does this custom R1 fix it? Or is it possible to reset it by software?

notlist3d is the expert on this as I do not have a U3 but the Cron Job just restarts cgminer which in the case of the R1 get's things going again. I assume that the U3 is the same but let's see what he has to say?

Rixh

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
Riseman

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 11:25:02 PM

(Clic to enlarge)

I'm running mine connected to an integrated USB hub in my monitor with a 2 m cable and a 550 W ATX PSU. So when it zombies I don't have to replug the cables, just flip the PSU switch and push a button on the monitor.

It bothers me though if it is safe to leave it for a long time unattended. I mean, can it possibly fail so badly that it catches fire and burns the apartment? Do you guys take any precautions just in case?
zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 08:56:35 AM

It bothers me though if it is safe to leave it for a long time unattended. I mean, can it possibly fail so badly that it catches fire and burns the apartment? Do you guys take any precautions just in case?

Nothing is impossible Smiley

Mine are on a wooden shelf, 3feet away from 2 motorcycles with each a full 5gallons tank of petrol.

Pretty safe. Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

When they stop hashing they cool down and draw a lot less power, so the risk of electrical failure is pretty low I believe. YMMV.

I leave the house for severals days/week for work and I leave everything unattended. I'm that crazy Smiley

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 04:05:14 PM

Rich

notlist3d is the expert on this as I do not have a U3 but the Cron Job just restarts cgminer which in the case of the R1 get's things going again. I assume that the U3 is the same but let's see what he has to say?

Rixh

It restarts cgminer as well as restarts the udev device manager daemon. I think restarting the Linux device manager helps in preventing the need for replugging the usb.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Riseman

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 05:58:41 PM

Rich

Rixh

It restarts cgminer as well as restarts the udev device manager daemon. I think restarting the Linux device manager helps in preventing the need for replugging the usb.

Interesting. I wonder if it can be implemented on Windows.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: