Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:01:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A day in the life of a pirate.  (Read 31718 times)
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 11:32:19 PM

Very interesting!

One day I hope to be as successful as you.

All things considered, Bitcoin is a very small market and has tons of room to grow.  Find it before I do and I'll pay you for the idea. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:56:12 PM

It's times like this that I am thankful that BTCS&T Accounts are by referral ONLY.....and you can bet that after many of us have had to sit here and read this bullshit day after day with envious people spreading FUD because they couldn't get on the 'Pirate Train' early on....that NO ONE will be inviting any new people to jump on it now or any time soon.

Pirate, I for one want to say THANKS.

I know I have said it before, but there's no point in me being shy about in this thread.

THANKS for EVERYTHING.
bitlane.

payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:06:17 AM

THANKS for EVERYTHING.
bitlane.

likewise, thanks, and +1 for weighing in on this:

coins are coins regardless of where they come from
ineededausername

Activity: 784

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:12:50 AM

i learned a very simple thing: if something guarantees more than 7% per year it is likely not worth looking into it. they all blow up.

that said, i am incredibly eager to learn what your business really is, pirate. i bet it makes a great story..

When I can't make money doing it or just get tired of it, i'll let everyone know.  I promise you there will be a lot of people going "WTF, Damn, why didn't I think of that."

You can't tell me you haven't thought... If I had a Satoshi for every toothpick sold...

WTF, Damn, why didn't I think of making a massive ponzi Huh

Kidding.  Thank you pirate Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:21:44 AM

I can tell you that GPUMAX alone is used by people in over 80 counties and gamers from all over the world.
That a clue? - Or maybe I misinterpret "gamers"  Tongue
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:29:17 AM

Another solid response from pirate.  This guy is good at what he does, there is no denying that.

I'm curious about that gamers comment also.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 12:38:28 AM

Q - Are you running a drug ring and laundering money for Silk Road?
A - Are you kidding me? I live in the US.  If anything I was doing was illegal, my CPA, attorneys, and scariest... my wife would have my head.  So to make it clear, nothing I'm associated with is illegal.

Well I thank you very much for clarifying this. My initial thought remains you are factoring Bitcoin receivables. It is also very likely that you are paying USD for them. This explains the need to hedge the currency risk by borrowing BTC and the need for uneven amounts of BTC. It is a perfectly legitimate and legal business provided that the underlying receivable is for something that is legal. I must admit that because of the very high return Silk Road did come to mind; however given how small the Bitcoin market is and the fact that it is not that easy to short BTC in order to hedge this, I can see how you can pay these high returns even if the underlying receivable is for something that is perfectly legal.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
rdponticelli

Activity: 325

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 01:08:02 AM

Subscribing, finally, at one of these threads. The only one which isn't pure speculation...
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 03:58:16 AM

It's times like this that I am thankful that BTCS&T Accounts are by referral ONLY.....and you can bet that after many of us have had to sit here and read this bullshit day after day with envious people spreading FUD because they couldn't get on the 'Pirate Train' early on....that NO ONE will be inviting any new people to jump on it now or any time soon.

Pirate, I for one want to say THANKS.

I know I have said it before, but there's no point in me being shy about in this thread.

THANKS for EVERYTHING.
bitlane.

Thank you.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 04:01:27 AM

I can tell you that GPUMAX alone is used by people in over 80 counties and gamers from all over the world.

Nope sorry, I don't spend time adding in hidden messages to my comments.  You would be surprise at how many users we gained from Twitter postings about GPUMAX that got circulated in the gaming community.  ie. Minecraft, WOW, COD

WHAT you bitcoin people think you're the only ones with nice video cards?  Grin

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:03:06 AM

Nope sorry, I don't spend time adding in hidden messages to my comments.  You would be surprise at how many users we gained from Twitter postings about GPUMAX that got circulated in the gaming community.  ie. Minecraft, WOW, COD

You'd get more gamers if you added a paypal cashout, like EMC.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:04:07 AM

Now, on with the show.

Would you consider producing a Bitcoin Savings & Trust branded rum? I think the two would complement each other quite nicely and plenty on these forums would buy it for the novelty value.

xD

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 04:07:04 AM

Can you tell us if your business venture is converting the bitcoin you borrow to fiat or not? I'd like to invest in a PPT type thing but I wouldn't like to invest in a business that uses btc only as a transport mechanism for fiat. I'll understand if you think this would give away to much about your business model.

Well, the only reason Bitcoin is worth anything is due to it's value against fiat currencies.  At this point Bitcoin is a commodity and those that say otherwise have much more to learn.  I hope to be a part of what changes that and look to see Bitcoin as the currency others are based upon.  So to answer your question, I would say Yes, but it really depends on what you think Bitcoin is.

pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 04:13:58 AM

You'd get more gamers if you added a paypal cashout, like EMC.

Paying out USD is a whole different ballgame, but I know what you mean.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:14:44 AM

Paying out USD is a whole different taxable ballgame, but I know what you mean.

Wink

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:15:57 AM

>> Don't tie up your cash unless you have to.

What are you doing with your cash/profits that is earning a greater than 7% return each week?

Do you have another project has an even greater return?  Or do you just like to spend money on consumer items?

I cannot think why you would put more into cash than enough to pay the minimum life essentials, if the alternative was to invest money at 7%/week.  I'd not solicit new funds, pay off the original investors, and use my own money.  

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 04:21:38 AM

What are you doing with your cash/profits that is earning a greater than 7% return each week?

Do you have another project has an even greater return?  Or do you just like to spend money on consumer items?

I cannot think why you would put more into cash than enough to pay the minimum life essentials, if the alternative was to invest money at 7%/week.  I'd not solicit new funds, pay off the original investors, and use my own money.  

I don't know, my CPA should know, he should be making more than me right Huh

No, in honesty.  Vegas, Fast Cars, Private Islands and Parties... what else?

splatster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:25:00 AM

I don't know, my CPA should know, he should be making more than me right?Huh?

No, in honesty.  Vegas, Fast Cars, Private Islands and Parties... what else?

Don't forget that you're also going to 51% the network and you are running a money laundering service. Wink
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:28:34 AM

I want to fully believe in this so bad. After reading this thread I am one step closer. I am so torn. So torn.
pirateat40 (OP)
Avast Ye!

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 04:31:13 AM

I want to fully believe in this so bad. After reading this thread I am one step closer. I am so torn. So torn.

It's easier just to watch.  Never trust a ...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: