Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:23:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103258 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:44:54 PM

If you look here on the Record of Accounts, you will see that there are several developers who have been paid to work on Blocknet.

It's not just Dan and Arlyn working on this. The funds received in the ITO are funding development costs just as planned.

http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/Record_of_Accounts

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
C0ins_R_U5

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:20:57 PM

last couple times I saw the wallet it was disabled...

Nope. All appears to be well. Clever trolling though. Look what you made someone do:

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BLOCK

LUL.  way to go crackfoo.  you almost single handily killed BLOCKNET!  how many btc did this ito bleed out of cryptos again?
jjmv

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:06:34 PM

Sorry this is wrong thread but WTF has happened to XC?! Its almost disappeared..

Where are any XC discussions - is it still just on "slack"

Cannot believe what seems to have happened here, complete and utter loss of focus...

Yes, most of the discussion re: XC has been taking place on Slack.

PM me with an email address if you need an invite.

I would mate, and thanks for the option, but I dont want to encourage it, I think its a terrible idea....

I second this.

I agree with this as well...

I don't think average occasional investor joe wants to have another account tied to his email address. Things aren't looking good for crypto in the public eye and the average person doesn't trust or understand it enough.  Most would probably just turn and go somewhere else. 

I am one who holds long term, but I just don't have enough time to stay on top of it all.  Recently, I've only had about 30 minutes a week to spend on crypto, and I have to split that time between all the coins that I have.  It would be nice to spend a lot more time researching and collaborating with different communities, but there isn't just enough time... I'm sure that I'm not the only one in this position.

Ease of access to info should be looked into by your team.  For example... go to XCupdates.com and bang, you have updates from the team and a read only copy of the slack postings for everyone to see...
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:18:42 PM

Sorry this is wrong thread but WTF has happened to XC?! Its almost disappeared..

Cannot believe what seems to have happened here, complete and utter loss of focus...

I would mate, and thanks for the option, but I dont want to encourage it, I think its a terrible idea....

I second this.

I don't think average occasional investor joe wants to have another account tied to his email address. Things aren't looking good for crypto in the public eye and the average person doesn't trust or understand it enough.  Most would probably just turn and go somewhere else. 

I am one who holds long term, but I just don't have enough time to stay on top of it all.  Recently, I've only had about 30 minutes a week to spend on crypto, and I have to split that time between all the coins that I have.  It would be nice to spend a lot more time researching and collaborating with different communities, but there isn't just enough time... I'm sure that I'm not the only one in this position.

Ease of access to info should be looked into by your team.  For example... go to XCupdates.com and bang, you have updates from the team and a read only copy of the slack postings for everyone to see...

The irony of complaints like this are that you need an email to sign up and post here. Do you not?

I didn't find it difficult to join slack and bookmark it with the rest of my crypto accounts.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
StealthCoin1

Activity: 498
Merit: 252

Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:10:46 PM

every coins with blocknet are dying, oh, the curse.

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 05:42:23 PM

I second this.

I don't think average occasional investor joe wants to have another account tied to his email address. Things aren't looking good for crypto in the public eye and the average person doesn't trust or understand it enough.  Most would probably just turn and go somewhere else.  

I am one who holds long term, but I just don't have enough time to stay on top of it all.  Recently, I've only had about 30 minutes a week to spend on crypto, and I have to split that time between all the coins that I have.  It would be nice to spend a lot more time researching and collaborating with different communities, but there isn't just enough time... I'm sure that I'm not the only one in this position.

Ease of access to info should be looked into by your team.  For example... go to XCupdates.com and bang, you have updates from the team and a read only copy of the slack postings for everyone to see...

The irony of complaints like this are that you need an email to sign up and post here. Do you not?

I didn't find it difficult to join slack and bookmark it with the rest of my crypto accounts.

Thats wrong. You dont need a working mail to register here. But thats kinda offtopic...

Tbh would be nice to see more updates about blocknet here.
im watching since the ico and there is basically only a handful updates at most.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:23:42 PM

I second this.

I don't think average occasional investor joe wants to have another account tied to his email address. Things aren't looking good for crypto in the public eye and the average person doesn't trust or understand it enough.  Most would probably just turn and go somewhere else.  

I am one who holds long term, but I just don't have enough time to stay on top of it all.  Recently, I've only had about 30 minutes a week to spend on crypto, and I have to split that time between all the coins that I have.  It would be nice to spend a lot more time researching and collaborating with different communities, but there isn't just enough time... I'm sure that I'm not the only one in this position.

Ease of access to info should be looked into by your team.  For example... go to XCupdates.com and bang, you have updates from the team and a read only copy of the slack postings for everyone to see...

Thats wrong. You dont need a working mail to register here. But thats kinda offtopic...

Tbh would be nice to see more updates about blocknet here.
im watching since the ico and there is basically only a handful updates at most.

You will. :-)

We continue to work away in the background, and we're excited to unveil new things as they come.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:10:38 AM

Speaking of working in the background...

Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:52:06 AM

This is seriously awesome news.
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 04:00:34 AM

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 04:34:16 AM

http://youtu.be/II8ozBGgu7w

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:26:44 AM

Only if it is capable of functioning above and beyond that which already exists within NXT's long established (for crypto), functional and very active decentralised exchange.

So, Syn, what will Blocknet's decentralised exchange do differently?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:19:28 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 09:34:17 AM by synechist

Only if it is capable of functioning above and beyond that which already exists within NXT's long established (for crypto), functional and very active decentralised exchange.

NXT's exchange is semi-centralized. It's not node-to-node; it involves groups of servers.

Edit: oh wait, that's SuperNET's "decentralized" exchange. The NXT asset exchange is decentralized alright, but you can't trade anything and everything on it, only NXT assets, right?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
bitdraw

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:31:10 AM

NXT's exchange is semi-centralized. It's not node-to-node; it involves groups of servers.

Edit: oh wait, that's SuperNET's "decentralized" exchange. The NXT asset exchange is decentralized alright, but you can't trade anything and everything on it, only NXT assets, right?

afaik the supernet one is decentralized. it depends how u distinguish betwenn decentralized and distributed networks
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:35:12 AM

NXT-based assets can be anything but, for the sake of comparison, they now include the superNET coins.

So far I'm getting that Blocknet is intending to implement the things that NXT and superNET already have, but is there anything about this Blocknet decentralised exchange being trumpeted in the last few posts that is actually different or innovative?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 10:54:28 AM

NXT-based assets can be anything but, for the sake of comparison, they now include the superNET coins.

So far I'm getting that Blocknet is intending to implement the things that NXT and superNET already have, but is there anything about this Blocknet decentralised exchange being trumpeted in the last few posts that is actually different or innovative?

1. Node-to-node exchange of coins

2. Node-to-node exchange of off-chain entities - not just assets exchanged on a "colored coin" basis.

3. Completely serverless. No groups of servers. No servers at all.

4. No core blockchain, unlike SuperNET, which uses the NXT blockchain. The Blocknet uses the chains of any coins that are involved in a transaction.

Lastly and most importantly, we don't perceive ourselves to be competing with SuperNET directly or indirectly. I know it might look like we are to those on this site, but you'll all see in the near future that the application of our tech is going to be rather different. As such, I think I'd prefer not to be drawn further into comparisons of the two technologies. For all I care we could happen to be developing the same thing and it wouldn't really change anything: the Blocknet is something different, and I'm excited to break the news in the near future.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 05:03:02 PM

1. Node-to-node exchange of coins

2. Node-to-node exchange of off-chain entities - not just assets exchanged on a "colored coin" basis.

3. Completely serverless. No groups of servers. No servers at all.

4. No core blockchain, unlike SuperNET, which uses the NXT blockchain. The Blocknet uses the chains of any coins that are involved in a transaction.

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and just point out that this tech/nique has been done already by one of the SuperNET functions and the cumbersome issue of needing to operate all blockchains at the same time meant they opted for the cleaner Multigateway solution instead which avoids the need for that.

So we're still at the point of trying to figure out what Blocknet has which is different to SuperNET. Although, going by your next paragraph, you don't actually appear to even be trying to offer anything different:
For all I care we could happen to be developing the same thing and it wouldn't really change anything: the Blocknet is something different, and I'm excited to break the news in the near future.

So far it appears not that you could be attempting to deliver the same thing, but that you are actually delivering the same thing, only much much later and somewhat inefficiently.

What is actually different about Blocknet, now that I've pointed out the tech you cited as being already created and relegated to a minor sub-function by SuperNET?

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 05:26:07 PM

...the cumbersome issue of needing to operate all blockchains at the same time meant they opted for the cleaner Multigateway solution instead which avoids the need for that.

Cumbersome you say?

Centralized I say. Which is no good in my humble opinion.

...you don't actually appear to even be trying to offer anything different

Ok, now you're just trolling. Need I recall that my words were explicitly that "the Blocknet *is* something different"?

What is actually different about Blocknet, now that I've pointed out the tech you cited as being already created and relegated to a minor sub-function by SuperNET?

I guess it's that we'll have an exchange that's actually decentralized, instead of the semi-centralized half-job your friends have churned out.

If they created a decentralized exchange, and then abandoned it, my guess is that they didn't do a good enough job of it and then took the soft option of a centralized exchange. The fact that their solution required that all the blockchains be operated at the same time pretty much sums things up: not a good enough job.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:07:45 AM

Arlyn keep it cool   Wink

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 01:50:00 AM

When will librexcoin be delisted from blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 [278] 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: