Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:55:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103265 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:45:07 PM

For what it's worth to you, hoertest, it was part of the advertised plan from the beginning that there would eventually be a legal entity associated with the Blocknet. I'm not sure how you missed that. It's unfortunately kind of a necessity to have a legal entity associated with a platform that collects and redistributes fees for its services.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:54:58 PM

For what it's worth to you, hoertest, it was part of the advertised plan from the beginning that there would eventually be a legal entity associated with the Blocknet. I'm not sure how you missed that. It's unfortunately kind of a necessity to have a legal entity associated with a platform that collects and redistributes fees for its services.

Yeah guess i have missed a lot. shame on me.
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:40:37 PM

congrats to the new website!

Agreed, congrats!  It looks amazing!  

"The Blocknet enables multi-blockchain services to be delivered to devices that only contain a single blockchain. Thus, device and network resources are conserved, and a flexible, mobile, indefinitely extensible future is enabled."

The potential of Blocknet is limitless.  
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1253

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:44:38 PM

It's unfortunately kind of a necessity to have a legal entity associated with a platform that collects and redistributes fees for its services.

Isn't the whole point of decentralised services to not have to conform to centralised rules?

Sure, the ancillary services provided by third parties can be registered companies which interact with the platform, but the platform itself, by way of being an incorporated company, just became a centralised corporate entity that uses decentralised technology.

Totally different concept to what true decentralisation is all about, which is for the platform to belong to everyone who uses it.

Now the Blocknet platform belongs to the shareholders. Whoop-de-do. Welcome to corporate America crypto-people, now, do as we say.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:57:57 PM

the platform itself, by way of being an incorporated company, just became a centralised corporate entity that uses decentralised technology.

That's not correct. The platform has not become an incorporated company.

Is Ethereum a registered company? Yes.

Is it an open source platform? Yes.

So it is with the Blocknet.

Let's just get this straight:

*Any* legal entity can use and build upon the Blocknet. This applies to individuals or to companies.

It applies equally - and in the same respect - to a legal entity called Blocknet Inc. And this in no way gives centralised control over an open source technology. How could it, given that the tech is open source?

End.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:55:59 PM

the platform itself, by way of being an incorporated company, just became a centralised corporate entity that uses decentralised technology.

*Any* legal entity can use and build upon the Blocknet. This applies to individuals or to companies.

It applies equally - and in the same respect - to a legal entity called Blocknet Inc. And this in no way gives centralised control over an open source technology. How could it, given that the tech is open source?

End.

Arlyn, Troll-slayer

hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:29:59 PM

End.

ok a last one. Will the tokens then turn into shares of Blocknet inc. by legal definition or will they still be just tokens. i mean they will generate the revenue. are they tied to the inc. ?

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 06:42:01 PM

End.

ok a last one. Will the tokens then turn into shares of Blocknet inc. by legal definition or will they still be just tokens. i mean they will generate the revenue. are they tied to the inc. ?

They will be crypto-tokens on the HZ asset exchange.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:47:52 PM

End.

They will be crypto-tokens on the HZ asset exchange.

Will BLOCK holders have to turn in their BLOCK tokens to use on the HZ asset exchange?  How will Block on the HZ asset exchange differ from Block being traded on exchanges like bittrex?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 06:53:13 PM

Will BLOCK holders have to turn in their BLOCK tokens to use on the HZ asset exchange?  How will Block on the HZ asset exchange differ from Block being traded on exchanges like bittrex?

When the tech is ready, BLOCK can be exchanged at will for HZ assets. This will allow holders of Blocknet tokens to be paid Blocknet service fees.

Getting paid service fees is the first difference between trading BLOCK on Bittrex and exchanging for HZ assets.

The second difference, of course, is that there'll be no need to use a centralised exchange to trade Blocknet tokens. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:16:55 PM

When the tech is ready, BLOCK can be exchanged at will for HZ assets. This will allow holders of Blocknet tokens to be paid Blocknet service fees.

Getting paid service fees is the first difference between trading BLOCK on Bittrex and exchanging for HZ assets.

The second difference, of course, is that there'll be no need to use a centralised exchange to trade Blocknet tokens. :-)

How will this play out practically, Arlyn? 

Will there be two different "BLOCK" assets, each with their own marketcap (HZ assets & BLOCK tokens)?  Or will they essentially be the same "asset" with one marketcap? 

I am a bit confused on how this plays out.  Could you provide some clarity? 

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 07:32:47 PM

Will there be two different "BLOCK" assets, each with their own marketcap (HZ assets & BLOCK tokens)?  Or will they essentially be the same "asset" with one marketcap? 

They'll be different assets - one deprecated and the other current.

There's nothing stopping people from just keeping their BLOCK of course, but I see no incentive to do so.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
holepunch

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:21:29 PM

so what interest in blocknet will the 'executive board' in the incorporated company have.There has to be a director etc.How will they be renumerated, will they be disclosing their blocknet holdings and their blocknet income,How many blocknet tokens/hz asset shares will the incorporated company(directors etc) own and what percentage of the total assets will this be? Will each blocknet token be able to be exchanged 1 to 1 with hz asset exchange 'shares' or will the company inc have say 50% hz assets and the remaining 50% be represented by blocknet tokens/hz asset shares. How will it be structured?
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:29:09 PM

There's nothing stopping people from just keeping their BLOCK of course, but I see no incentive to do so.

Will there be a cut off date where block tokens can no longer be redeemed for the asset?

I for one plan on redeeming every last one of mine.

Nice work!

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 09:07:28 PM

so what interest in blocknet will the 'executive board' in the incorporated company have.There has to be a director etc.How will they be renumerated, will they be disclosing their blocknet holdings and their blocknet income,How many blocknet tokens/hz asset shares will the incorporated company(directors etc) own and what percentage of the total assets will this be? Will each blocknet token be able to be exchanged 1 to 1 with hz asset exchange 'shares' or will the company inc have say 50% hz assets and the remaining 50% be represented by blocknet tokens/hz asset shares. How will it be structured?

Good questions - and ones we will take care to answer when we form the entities you mention.

But we're not yet at that stage. However, since such entities are public, you can rest assured of our legal obligation to keep you all informed.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 09:12:03 PM

Will there be a cut off date where block tokens can no longer be redeemed for the asset?

I for one plan on redeeming every last one of mine.

Nice work!

I think there may be a cutoff date, but this depends on the particulars of the method we use.

If we don't need a cutoff date, I doubt we'll use one. Those who don't exchange their BLOCK would just lose out on fees.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:59:47 AM

Good questions - and ones we will take care to answer when we form the entities you mention.

But we're not yet at that stage. However, since such entities are public, you can rest assured of our legal obligation to keep you all informed.

You are kidding, right? You have spent this much time 'diligently' forming the incorporated company as being a major milestone for the project, but you don't know the answer to questions such as how many blocknet tokens the company owns?

Who holds the shares for this Blocknet incorporated company? What name are they in? Surely you can answer that question, as it would have been part and parcel of the formation process.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 10:31:55 AM

You are kidding, right? You have spent this much time 'diligently' forming the incorporated company as being a major milestone for the project,

No we haven't.

We've spent time doing *market research* and *service creation* and *software development*.

but you don't know the answer to questions such as how many blocknet tokens the company owns?

Huh? We had an ITO. Tokens were *distributed* to holders. As such, the Blocknet does not own any tokens. Where are you getting this from?

Who holds the shares for this Blocknet incorporated company? What name are they in? Surely you can answer that question, as it would have been part and parcel of the formation process.

You are jumping the gun. For heaven's sake, presenting a *vision* that includes, as a minor facet, a traditional business component, is not forming a company. Where on earth have you got these notions from? Come back to earth.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:49:21 PM

Has cryptodevil ever asked a question with the intent to receive a credible answer?  

No.  He only asks questions with the intent to discredit the Blocknet project.  I wonder why?

An article worth reading to give you an idea of just how much development work is going on in the background for this and the other superNET coins:

[snip]

It's pretty easy to determine the reason behind people's negativity towards any given project by simply checking their post history.  Ordinarily, the ones who criticize a project non-stop are the ones who see it is a direct threat to their own wallets.  

My advice:  If someone is repeatedly critical towards a project, view their post history to help frame how you engage them.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:47:35 PM

You are jumping the gun. For heaven's sake, presenting a *vision* that includes, as a minor facet, a traditional business component, is not forming a company. Where on earth have you got these notions from? Come back to earth.

I got these notions from you:

so this is an Inc. now ?

It remains a decentralized technology, with a foundation and a collection of participating blockchain-based projects.

However, you'll soon see our business plan, where we detail the need for traditional trusted entities for off-chain products and services. They will perform functions like escrow, arbitration, gateway services, and mediation. To this end, the Blocknet - and anyone else who builds a business upon the technology - will need to register as a legal entity. So yes, there will be a Blocknet Inc.

You're the one talking business plans, they normally involve, you know, businesses. Legal entities with shareholders and shares. Hence the entirely valid questions, not FUD just because I support superNET.

If I got it wrong I got it wrong, no biggie. The "Is this an Inc. now" followed by the talk of Blocknet Inc immediately brought forth questions pertinent to the intended business structure.

Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: