Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103260 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:36:40 PM

While we're disappointed to hear this news, we respect Killakem's decision and the way in which he has conducted himself.

It is a lamentable fact that holders of a coin are able to influence the strategic partnerships it maintains - and often against the intentions of the core team. We have witnessed this in the run-up to the Blocknet's ITO, with SDC. We are witnessing it again.

That said, let me underline the change in Fibre's relation to the Blocknet:

- Fibre is still able, at any point and for free - to become Blocknet-enabled.

- Any other developer can, at any point, create a Blocknet-enabled Fibre wallet or app. (Github)

- Fibre no longer participates in the weekly running of the Blocknet, and they no longer have a say in its development.

We welcome Fibre's continued participation on Slack and on this thread. The Blocknet was created for all crypto and is an open framework. There is no "us vs. them" for the Blocknet.

We wish them all the best.

I myself am sad to see this - I did favorite a lot of their progress links up till some time ago

If they change their mind then we'll see

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:39:35 PM

While we're disappointed to hear this news, we respect Killakem's decision and the way in which he has conducted himself.

It is a lamentable fact that holders of a coin are able to influence the strategic partnerships it maintains - and often against the intentions of the core team. We have witnessed this in the run-up to the Blocknet's ITO, with SDC. We are witnessing it again.

That said, let me underline the change in Fibre's relation to the Blocknet:

- Fibre is still able, at any point and for free - to become Blocknet-enabled.

- Any other developer can, at any point, create a Blocknet-enabled Fibre wallet or app. (Github)

- Fibre no longer participates in the weekly running of the Blocknet, and they no longer have a say in its development.

We welcome Fibre's continued participation on Slack and on this thread. The Blocknet was created for all crypto and is an open framework. There is no "us vs. them" for the Blocknet.

We wish them all the best.

Thank you Synechist for all your hard work! Thanks to You Blocknet will have its success for sure and thanks to You Blocknet could happen Smiley

We wish you all big rewards from Blocknet market!

All the best guys

MidwestMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:06:24 PM

What is an article from many months ago doing showing up as news?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 04:16:40 PM

The Coin Telegraph article came out today.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:40:59 PM

that would be great to have new articles about Blocknet, that is nice to see Blocknet is rising now,
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 04:50:02 PM

This was a joint decision taken by the core team and the community. It's hardly lamentable for a project's team to take into account the wishes of the majority of the community. Try to conduct yourself with a little more integrity - this kind of unwarranted sniping from one of the project's team members makes me glad that we didn't join it.

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:01:12 PM

thanks synechist for your hard work and great job for blocknet, everything will go into good side in future,
blocknet is great project and will be successful.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:27:38 AM

We're on the front page of r/bitcoin! Please upvote and comment:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ybzem/governance_20_moves_forward_via_bitnation/
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 08:35:04 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ybzem/governance_20_moves_forward_via_bitnation/

Very cool! Let's get involved folks.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
GStealthCoin

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:31:44 PM

Can someone in the know explain the difference between Blocknet and SuperNet?

It is very encouraging to see BitNation selecting BlockNet as a partner over SuperNet, but it would be great to understand why.

Thanks,

G.

# I am not part of the official StealthCoin Team. Just a community member.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:52:45 PM

blocknet + bitswift = #MOON  Shocked

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 10:08:53 AM

It is very encouraging to see BitNation selecting BlockNet as a partner over SuperNet, but it would be great to understand why.

Thanks,

G.

You're making the assumption that BitNation 'selected' blocknet.
I don't think SuperNet opened its doors to BN. SuperNet is very picky and focused on its trajectory.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 10:45:01 AM

Thanks,

G.

I don't think SuperNet opened its doors to BN. SuperNet is very picky and focused on its trajectory.

Regardless of SuperNET's choices (of which I'm completely unaware), Bitnation considered a very wide range of technologies (and the people developing them) before choosing the Blocknet and Horizon. Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof is especially well connected.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
BitSwift

Activity: 496

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:47:16 AM

I don't come here often, but when I do it's because something amazing must have happened Smiley

Building solid foundations and business relationships are crucial to a businesses ability to flourish.  We are on the right track, and this partnership is proof of that.

Good work everyone!

-bitswift

www.bitswift.io
business(at)bitswift.io
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:54:04 AM

Thanks,

G.

Regardless of SuperNET's choices (of which I'm completely unaware), Bitnation considered a very wide range of technologies (and the people developing them) before choosing the Blocknet and Horizon. Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof is especially well connected.

Quote from: A Do-it-Yourself Guide to Starting Your Own Nation (And Changing the World) book written by S. T. Tempelhof
Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof is a conflict zone entrepreneur who has assisted with building and overthrowing governments across the world. Most recently, Ms Tarkowski Tempelhof set up the research and communication firm SHABAKAT Corporation on the ground in Benghazi, Libya during the civil war. She then expanded the company to Egypt and oversaw operations in Ghana and Yemen. Prior to this, Ms. Tarkowski Tempelhof set up Wise Strategic Communication (WSC) in Kabul, Afghanistan, acquiring contracts for a value of more than 7.4 million USD within the first two years of operations. She recruited, trained, and managed more than 300 personnel and eventually sold the company to IDS International. Based in Afghanistan from early 2006, Ms. Tarkowski Tempelhof worked with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Psychological Operations (PSYOP) programs, covering the areas of counterterrorism, elections, and rule of law, as well as campaigns to strengthen the Afghan government, police force and military.

Ms. Tarkowski Tempelhof is a member of the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), an associate of European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), and provides political commentary and analysis for U.S. and Swedish media. She has been featured in The New York Times, Foreign Policy, and The Huffington Post, and is a regular speaker at U.S. military, NATO, TEDx, and corporate communication conferences around the world.

i dont think it will take long for the first people to dig out information about her past, but it seems she did a lot of work for intellegence and defense agencies.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:52:40 PM

Thanks,

G.

Quote from: A Do-it-Yourself Guide to Starting Your Own Nation (And Changing the World) book written by S. T. Tempelhof
Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof is a conflict zone entrepreneur who has assisted with building and overthrowing governments across the world. Most recently, Ms Tarkowski Tempelhof set up the research and communication firm SHABAKAT Corporation on the ground in Benghazi, Libya during the civil war. She then expanded the company to Egypt and oversaw operations in Ghana and Yemen. Prior to this, Ms. Tarkowski Tempelhof set up Wise Strategic Communication (WSC) in Kabul, Afghanistan, acquiring contracts for a value of more than 7.4 million USD within the first two years of operations. She recruited, trained, and managed more than 300 personnel and eventually sold the company to IDS International. Based in Afghanistan from early 2006, Ms. Tarkowski Tempelhof worked with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Psychological Operations (PSYOP) programs, covering the areas of counterterrorism, elections, and rule of law, as well as campaigns to strengthen the Afghan government, police force and military.

Ms. Tarkowski Tempelhof is a member of the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), an associate of European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), and provides political commentary and analysis for U.S. and Swedish media. She has been featured in The New York Times, Foreign Policy, and The Huffington Post, and is a regular speaker at U.S. military, NATO, TEDx, and corporate communication conferences around the world.

i dont think it will take long for the first people to dig out information about her past, but it seems she did a lot of work for intellegence and defense agencies.

Yes she did. That information is public.

Look her up. Susanne's had a fascinating life. Personally I can't think of a better-suited leader for a movement like Bitnation.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 12:55:39 PM

Thanks,

G.

Is there a list of the wide range of tech they passed over?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
GStealthCoin

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:09:35 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 02:38:00 PM by GStealthCoin

Thanks,

G.

Is there a list of the wide range of tech they passed over?

No. But Susanne Tarkowski (CEO of BITNATION) said this was the case - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7aY8pIMI7c

# I am not part of the official StealthCoin Team. Just a community member.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:54:12 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 05:31:23 PM by infinitechaos

No. But Susanne Tarkowski (CEO of BITNATION) said this was the case - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7aY8pIMI7c

...BTW BitNation did select Blocknet. They reviewed a wide range of technology. Watch the video.

The only thing that is opinion is your "I don't think" comment.

P.S, I didn't want this to turn into a pissing match. SuperNet can definitely out FUD BlockNet given the number of dark coin adopters. I was just asking about the technology. Eventually the best tech will prevail.

If I have to read one more grossly misinformed/uninformed comment re: Blocknet/Supernet I am going to lose my fucking lid.

The quantity of people who have put forth the effort to objectively understand both projects well enough to make accurate commentary re: either of the projects is very, very small.

So just stop. Please.

Focus on what interests you, whatever project(s) that may be, not what disinterests you.

The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz

1. Be impeccable with your word.
2. Don’t take anything personally.
3. Don’t make assumptions.
4. Always do your best.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 02:07:00 PM

Let me affirm that I have a lot of respect for the SuperNET project and the competency of its developers.

It's legit, and they're making a valuable contribution to the evolution of crypto.

There is no "us vs. them" for the Blocknet. It's an open framework for inter-chain connectivity.

One day soon I hope to see the Xbridge on SuperNET coins.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: