Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:52:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103265 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 09:56:14 AM

What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
xbridgep2p-master/src/ui/uiutil.cpp:57: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>&' from an rvalue of type 'std::__cxx11::string {aka std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>}'
     boost::split(vals, util::base64_decode(size), boost::is_any_of(","));
                                           ^

This is line 57 of the file uiutil.cpp

Is there a workaround ?

Has anyone ever built and tested this console and/or GUI ?

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 06:40:31 PM

What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
xbridgep2p-master/src/ui/uiutil.cpp:57: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>&' from an rvalue of type 'std::__cxx11::string {aka std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>}'
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

This (which I think you're using) is a windows build. What are you trying to build on?

My apologies for the lack of documentation. We're still at an early stage regarding the presentation of this tech.

For the record, we use an automated build system that loads files here.
Yes, it's been built (and also tested).
Regarding other people having built it before, the answer is yes, for several earlier builds, but not for the most recent build, since community testing is around the corner. But since our environment is pretty solid there aren't many random loose ends around that could change from build to build.

Cheers

Arlyn

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 07:41:36 PM

What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

This (which I think you're using) is a windows build. What are you trying to build on?

My apologies for the lack of documentation. We're still at an early stage regarding the presentation of this tech.

Regarding other people having built it before, the answer is yes, for several earlier builds, but not for the most recent build, since community testing is around the corner. But since our environment is pretty solid there aren't many random loose ends around that could change from build to build.

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

you seem to have missed the question. i was trying to build from source ie from the git. I'm  building on a ubuntu distro. 16.04 to be exact.

Equality vs Equity...
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 11:21:40 PM

What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

you seem to have missed the question. i was trying to build from source ie from the git. I'm  building on a ubuntu distro. 16.04 to be exact.

Aha. Yes I see that. My apologies. End-of-day weariness!

I haven't tried to build from source myself, being a humble systems analyst, and I also haven't had opportunity to ask questions about QT versions and the like.

I've reverted to one of our devs and will get back to you.

For the time being, perhaps try build from this branch.

(I might be mistaken that this is the correct branch.) FTR, is that the branch you used?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 02:54:43 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2017, 11:13:35 PM by synechist

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

you seem to have missed the question. i was trying to build from source ie from the git. I'm  building on a ubuntu distro. 16.04 to be exact.

I haven't tried to build from source myself, being a humble systems analyst, and I also haven't had opportunity to ask questions about QT versions and the like.

(I might be mistaken that this is the correct branch.) FTR, is that the branch you used?

Update:

Instructions are here. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md Pretty the same like for building bitcoin, same dependencies.

Also checked Ubuntu build today and posted a fix to the repo

And some other relevant remarks:
we really need xbridgep2p specific build doc

I'll review today and spin up a fresh ubuntu image [in the dev environment so we can auto-build for Ubuntu internally].

I have merged the dev code in the master branch just now

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 09:32:14 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2017, 09:22:50 AM by cryptohunter

atc secure needs to contact bittrex about XC if it is delisted then that is a big signal these projects are dead.

Why is bitterex delisting it anyway .I can only imagine it is due to lack of any leadership or community on this board.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 28, 2017, 08:49:23 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2017, 10:29:40 AM by cryptohunter

so they take a million dollars in funds and abandon xc to get delisted even from bittrex?

time to do a more thorough investigation into dan metcalf.

even the smallest coins made effort to generate some volume to avoid delisting.

I will be creating a new thread in the main section to bring attention to this and investigate this more thoroughly.

Blocknet can not exist without XC. You can't abandon projects like this in crypto and be taken seriously.

FogClearer

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2017, 06:01:08 PM

so they take a million dollars in funds and abandon xc to get delisted even from bittrex?

I will be creating a new thread in the main section to bring attention to this and investigate this more thoroughly.

Blocknet can not exist without XC. You can't abandon projects like this in crypto and be taken seriously.

As much as it sucks for XC to loose Bittrex, Blocknet still has XC for it's decentralized exchange and ongoing development as it seems.

Looking forward to synechist/atcsecure comments in this thread too.

JanDzban

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2017, 03:48:32 PM

Big expectation in the air, and big responsibility of old/new DEV
Pretty sure that this is a post that is in it for signature BS?

The old dev is the same as the 'new dev'...nothing changed in that regard!

To watch real BS join the slack

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

xizmax

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:20:23 AM

Well now, nothing sparks trust more than a site that has a portmanteau of "crypto" and "multiply" as its title.

I will surely at least double my "invesments" in 200 hours. Perhaps you should've gone with "craptiply" for the domain?

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
yoohoo309

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 12:24:46 PM

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

if we will remain stuck over it we will find our goal on day but if we do not do this we can not be successful.
FogClearer

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 06:20:21 PM

It's sad watching this. Not even a short update. Empty promises again :-(

Dev, remember where you posted initiative for ICO? On BCT, yes, so it should be your obligation to give at least monthly update here, no matter what, that is, if you still care about the project at all.
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 07:01:24 PM

After i looked the code and tried to build it, i was disappointing to find that it relies on using rpc interface of multiple running daemons. So i began work from scratch to build a true cross chain P2P app for my own project. Thus far i have decided to support Bitcoin, Litecoin Dash and Oracle in my app.  I'm still a fair way from a release of the full client but i have made progress.

I had though we could cooperate, but our goals seem very different.

Equality vs Equity...
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 09:51:49 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2017, 11:28:57 PM by synechist

As much as it sucks for XC to loose Bittrex, Blocknet still has XC for it's decentralized exchange and ongoing development as it seems.

Looking forward to synechist/atcsecure comments in this thread too.

@cryptohunter, I'll reply to this comment only. Your remarks are blatantly untrue and highly abusive. Please try to contain yourself in future.

We did not take a million. Look it up.

We have worked for over 2 years to create what we believe is the right approach to inter-chain infrastructure. Development has not stopped, and nothing has been abandoned.

I include XC here: it is under active development.

Regarding XC's delisting, you make unjustifiable assumptions about the cause of delistings, and unjustifiable assumptions about what keeps a coin listed. Perhaps get some experience before posting?

We continue to develop, support, and test, XC, and when the time is ripe for user adoption, then we may target this market. Until then, you can choose to support the project or leave it alone.

If you would like to see for yourself the work that is being done, and understand our goals for XC, then I'd encourage you to join its slack.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 09:58:47 PM

After i looked the code and tried to build it, i was disappointing to find that it relies on using rpc interface of multiple running daemons. So i began work from scratch to build a true cross chain P2P app for my own project. Thus far i have decided to support Bitcoin, Litecoin Dash and Oracle in my app.  I'm still a fair way from a release of the full client but i have made progress.

It's possible that you've misunderstood our use of wallets' RPC APIs.

We only use the RPC API to integrate with local wallets, i.e. those running on the same machine as XBridge.

This enables us to interoperate with 99% of all altcoins (though this is further limited to those that support OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY).

Then, the wallets and XBridge all connect to their own p2p networks and normally.

In approaching it like this, we avoid centralising our "internet of blockchains" around any one chain, unlike Sidechains, Cosmos, etc. It's a truly open framework.

If this isn't a true cross-chain p2p app, I don't know what would be.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:35:23 PM

We only use the RPC API to integrate with local wallets, i.e. those running on the same machine as XBridge.

This enables us to interoperate with 99% of all altcoins (though this is further limited to those that support OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY).

Then, the wallets and XBridge all connect to their own p2p networks and normally.

In approaching it like this, we avoid centralising our "internet of blockchains" around any one chain, unlike Sidechains, Cosmos, etc. It's a truly open framework.

Perhaps. but since my last post, i have made significant progress.

In my iteration, as you can see the user has a standard Qt wallet, which has access to currently three blockchains.  I plan to support more based on user demand.

So this one QT wallet, supports multiple blockchain, with multiple wallets.I plan to add SPV support over the next few days.

In case we have common areas of interest, what are your current development goals? Since i can support as many coins as a cpu/ram/hdd/connection can handle, i plan to launch the first true decentralized exchange, everyone can exchange with each other completely autonomously since they have the chains (or at least pruned versions)

The mobile version is going to be done over the next two weeks.

Equality vs Equity...
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:47:12 PM

After i looked the code and tried to build it, i was disappointing to find that it relies on using rpc interface of multiple running daemons. So i began work from scratch to build a true cross chain P2P app for my own project. Thus far i have decided to support Bitcoin, Litecoin Dash and Oracle in my app.  I'm still a fair way from a release of the full client but i have made progress.

Perhaps. but since my last post, i have made significant progress.

In my iteration, as you can see the user has a standard Qt wallet, which has access to currently three blockchains.  I plan to support more based on user demand.

So this one QT wallet, supports multiple blockchain, with multiple wallets.I plan to add SPV support over the next few days.

In case we have common areas of interest, what are your current development goals? Since i can support as many coins as a cpu/ram/hdd/connection can handle, i plan to launch the first true decentralized exchange, everyone can exchange with each other completely autonomously since they have the chains (or at least pruned versions)

The mobile version is going to be done over the next two weeks.

That's pretty cool. Nice quick progress too.

Regarding common areas of interest, we're pretty interested in an SPV multiwallet, since it'll massively decrease user friction (I don't think many traders will be excited about running at least two full nodes in order to trade).

What algo did you implement for decentralised exchange?

From an architectural perspective, what do you see the advantages of a monolithic solution such as yours being? - or are you creating a quick "MPV'? Personally I'd lean toward a modular, microservices-friendly approach, since it allows greater composability in the design of inter-chain services. From here, developers could of course package our stuff into standalone apps (which is what our multiwallet idea would presumably do, by including XBridge along with some SPV wallets).

Anyway, as for common interests, it looks like there may be some interesting overlap between your multiwallet and our XBridge. If you're willing, at a minimum, to integrate to XBridge, you'd gain a framework interoperable with whatever we and others build, plus (probably) a rather excited user base in the form of our community and partner coins.

Edit: so you know, our decentralised exchange has been operational (in alpha and beta) for some time, and is now on version 3. Ours is not the first though. There have probably been about 15 attempts prior to ours, with varying degrees of functionality and (de-) centralisation. They tend not to last.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Blockchain Mechanic

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 12:36:53 AM

Crypto users value many things, but chief among them are privacy and security as well as freedom. My solution maximizes this. Also, lately users have taken to simply storing their coins on exchanges, leaving them prone to the inherent problems. The factors behind this are numerous, but some include easier portfolio management, unstable networks and lack of a real working solution. Oracle is the solution and it puts power back in the hands of the users by allowing them to control all their coins hassle free without the need to rely on centralized exchanges/services because the have too many coins. Your solution requires a user sync and manage multiple daemons... with mine they need only manage the one daemon. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

A fully SPV mobile Oracle client, could handle upwards of 50 coins, with a desktop version virtually unlimited...

The decentralized exchange is still highly conceptual, i have been tinkering with some ideas, but that is tsill at least two months away after the launch. I will probably be using a modified version of AT leveraging CLTV and CSV. (Actually one of the criteria for chains to be supported is that they should have those patches as well as headers first implemented)

I will make time to review your code again...

Equality vs Equity...
Franky2010

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

Crypto enthusiast for years.

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 10:21:54 AM

What is correct total number coins atm, coinmarketcap and cryptoid show diff numbers.

yoohoo309

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:09:51 PM

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

you seem to have missed the question. i was trying to build from source ie from the git. I'm  building on a ubuntu distro. 16.04 to be exact.

Update:

Instructions are here. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md Pretty the same like for building bitcoin, same dependencies.

Also checked Ubuntu build today and posted a fix to the repo

And some other relevant remarks:
we really need xbridgep2p specific build doc

I'll review today and spin up a fresh ubuntu image [in the dev environment so we can auto-build for Ubuntu internally].

I have merged the dev code in the master branch just now
hhhahahhahhahah ....what you are saying is it has been happened now?HuhHuh/
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: