Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:34:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103265 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:34:29 PM

so they take a million dollars in funds and abandon xc to get delisted even from bittrex?

time to do a more thorough investigation into dan metcalf.

even the smallest coins made effort to generate some volume to avoid delisting.

I will be creating a new thread in the main section to bring attention to this and investigate this more thoroughly.

Blocknet can not exist without XC. You can't abandon projects like this in crypto and be taken seriously.

As much as it sucks for XC to loose Bittrex, Blocknet still has XC for it's decentralized exchange and ongoing development as it seems.

Looking forward to synechist/atcsecure comments in this thread too.

@cryptohunter, I'll reply to this comment only. Your remarks are blatantly untrue and highly abusive. Please try to contain yourself in future.

We did not take a million. Look it up.

We have worked for over 2 years to create what we believe is the right approach to inter-chain infrastructure. Development has not stopped, and nothing has been abandoned.

I include XC here: it is under active development.

Regarding XC's delisting, you make unjustifiable assumptions about the cause of delistings, and unjustifiable assumptions about what keeps a coin listed. Perhaps get some experience before posting?

We continue to develop, support, and test, XC, and when the time is ripe for user adoption, then we may target this market. Until then, you can choose to support the project or leave it alone.

If you would like to see for yourself the work that is being done, and understand our goals for XC, then I'd encourage you to join its slack.

then we may choose to target this market??? so what happens to XC holders if you don't choose to do so.

Also please direct me to  the comments I made which are untrue?

Is xc still on bittrex?
Are xc or blocknet still on polo?
Did you guys make any effort like other devs for far smaller projects to increase trading volume to keep xc listed on bittrex?
What are these mysterious factors the influence delisting on bittrex except the minimum trade volume and active development team?

Where are the updates on this board ?
the board xc was launched on and garnered all initial support?
the board where you ran the crowd funding for blocknet?
the board where 99% of crypto enthusiasts are?

So this is the choice for xc holders now.... support you apparently doing nothing for 2 years on XC and for all we know on this board not a a lot else on any of these projects or leave it alone?

Do you reasonably believe anyone would have invested in blocknet or even touched XC if this is the way thing were going to go 2 years ago?

You and dan are both  scared to face any questions on this board so closed the xc thread and abandoned this one.

You either avoid the thread and the questions contained within or like a coward just hit the delete button since then the questions just vanish without a trace.

I am awaiting blocknet getting delisted on bittrex next. What will you say about that?

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 07:23:51 PM

@cryptohunter, I will reply to you once. I consider this a generous thing to do, since you are not listening or understanding me, and you're attacking my project in ways I can scarcely believe are credible to anyone.

then we may choose to target this market??? so what happens to XC holders if you don't choose to do so.
XC holders will benefit from any successful attempt to achieve traction in any market. The world is quite a lot bigger than the obscure and corrupt waters of Bitcointalk. I do not mean that Bitcointalk is therefore not a potential target, and you may have noticed that I am still here, and still willing to engage in conversation with trolls, poop & scoop scammers, kids, idiots, paranoiacs, butthurt fools, and - thank God - the occasional intelligent and decent person too. My continued presence here is a signal. Take it.

Did you guys make any effort like other devs for far smaller projects to increase trading volume to keep xc listed on bittrex?
What are these mysterious factors the influence delisting on bittrex except the minimum trade volume and active development team?
(a) yes
(b) I do not feel that it is honest or in anyone's best interests to "pump" a project at times when it is exploring solutions and wrestling with hard problems. Sure, pumping is the norm here, but do not be mistaken into thinking that it's ethical. We continually signal that the project is ongoing, report its successes, patiently allow all manner of random strangers to take up our time for free (and sometimes abuse us too), and when we have something newsworthy, we market it. But we do not create hot air to make some traders feel nice.
(c) Mysterious factors for delisting include: changes to rules, whimsical oversights and inconsistencies, monthly profit motive over longer term potential, perceived competition, bribery, regulatory concerns... need I go on?

See above.

So this is the choice for xc holders now.... support you apparently doing nothing for 2 years on XC and for all we know on this board not a a lot else on any of these projects or leave it alone?
Hmm.. let's see: we've updated the OpenSSL version, done a soft fork, introduced a larger OP_RETURN size, enabled the sending of data payloads, demoed this by enabling the sending of images from the wallet, and quite a few other things. Like I said, join Slack and stop talking complete nonsense.

You and dan are both  scared to face any questions on this board so closed the xc thread and abandoned this one.
(a) my response embodies a reductio ad absurdum
(b) your remark here, among several other remarks, is a personal attack. I do not take that lightly. Do not become numbed by the attack-first culture on this site into thinking your behaviour is ok. It's abusive, has no respect or patience for the truth, and has wrecked several promising projects.
(c) you're banned henceforth.

Don't post here again.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 07:30:25 PM

What is correct total number coins atm, coinmarketcap and cryptoid show diff numbers.

Coin supply is 3,877,226.06 BLOCK plus about 3% per year, since Oct 2014.

The reason that some block explorers show an incorrect total is that they do not filter the burn address's coins out. (After the close of our ITO, we burned all unsold coins.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 07:46:19 PM

Crypto users value many things, but chief among them are privacy and security as well as freedom. My solution maximizes this. Also, lately users have taken to simply storing their coins on exchanges, leaving them prone to the inherent problems. The factors behind this are numerous, but some include easier portfolio management, unstable networks and lack of a real working solution. Oracle is the solution and it puts power back in the hands of the users by allowing them to control all their coins hassle free without the need to rely on centralized exchanges/services because the have too many coins. Your solution requires a user sync and manage multiple daemons... with mine they need only manage the one daemon. Each has it's own advantages and disadvantages.

A fully SPV mobile Oracle client, could handle upwards of 50 coins, with a desktop version virtually unlimited...

The decentralized exchange is still highly conceptual, i have been tinkering with some ideas, but that is tsill at least two months away after the launch. I will probably be using a modified version of AT leveraging CLTV and CSV. (Actually one of the criteria for chains to be supported is that they should have those patches as well as headers first implemented)

I will make time to review your code again...

Hey hey

Yes, absolutely. I think that your work - and SPV multiwallets in general - remove a principal site of friction in the user experience of crypto. If you can make it practical for people to get their coins off exchanges, then Godspeed to you! We're on the same path.

I'm not sure that this will be useful, but as we explored decentralised exchange tech, it turned out that decentralising just the exchange of coins isn't really adequate. Exchanges feature multiple services, and at least four are mission-critical to decentralise:
- coin deposits (yours will achieve this already; coloured-coin-based approaches fail here)
- order broadcasting and compilation (i.e. the order book) (if centralised, then a central party can frontrun, filter, etc.)
- order matching (same as above)
- coin exchange

If it's useful to you, our approach decentralises all of these services. My feeling is that you could well package an XBridge instance into your multiwallet installation and leverage its benefits (and save time). Also, our project would benefit greatly from some outside scrutiny, so if you find issues or shortcomings in our work, you'd end up swapping the time you'd otherwise spend devving your own coin exchange implementation for time spent further enhancing a shared one.

Any repo-access issues, or if you're not seeing recent commits, let me know.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2017, 07:45:00 AM

@cryptohunter, regarding your latest deletion, I've already pointed out that you lack the requisite information to make the judgement calls you're making. It seems that this hasn't sunk in yet though.

As a second, and equally important point, do not suffer under the illusion that you get to "say what needs to be done" with this project. You may be used to taking that sort of tone and finding some success due to the ridiculousness that is Bitcointalk, but it is misguided. You don't get to confidently spout opinions as if we ought to do your bidding – even if your opinions had a basis in reality (which they don't).

I'll say it again: you're massively misguided but you persist in thinking you can, in effect, lead people here. That's doubly ridiculous.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
bitcoin42r4

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 01:45:06 PM

so they take a million dollars in funds and abandon xc to get delisted even from bittrex?

time to do a more thorough investigation into dan metcalf.

even the smallest coins made effort to generate some volume to avoid delisting.

I will be creating a new thread in the main section to bring attention to this and investigate this more thoroughly.

Blocknet can not exist without XC. You can't abandon projects like this in crypto and be taken seriously.

As much as it sucks for XC to loose Bittrex, Blocknet still has XC for it's decentralized exchange and ongoing development as it seems.

Looking forward to synechist/atcsecure comments in this thread too.

@cryptohunter, I'll reply to this comment only. Your remarks are blatantly untrue and highly abusive. Please try to contain yourself in future.

We did not take a million. Look it up.

We have worked for over 2 years to create what we believe is the right approach to inter-chain infrastructure. Development has not stopped, and nothing has been abandoned.

I include XC here: it is under active development.

Regarding XC's delisting, you make unjustifiable assumptions about the cause of delistings, and unjustifiable assumptions about what keeps a coin listed. Perhaps get some experience before posting?

We continue to develop, support, and test, XC, and when the time is ripe for user adoption, then we may target this market. Until then, you can choose to support the project or leave it alone.

If you would like to see for yourself the work that is being done, and understand our goals for XC, then I'd encourage you to join its slack.

Also please direct me to  the comments I made which are untrue?

Is xc still on bittrex?
Are xc or blocknet still on polo?

the board xc was launched on and garnered all initial support?
the board where you ran the crowd funding for blocknet?
the board where 99% of crypto enthusiasts are?

Do you reasonably believe anyone would have invested in blocknet or even touched XC if this is the way thing were going to go 2 years ago?

You either avoid the thread and the questions contained within or like a coward just hit the delete button since then the questions just vanish without a trace.

I am awaiting blocknet getting delisted on bittrex next. What will you say about that?

i can not say any real figure for it...because it takes sudden turn...
Manetor

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:25:25 PM

Launches of:
Etherum, Stealthcoin, BitSwift ...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=836009.msg18040828#msg18040828
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 12:32:03 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 12:54:44 PM by synechist

We're on TechAnnouncer

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:59:19 PM

We're on TechAnnouncer

Neat!

MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:22:31 PM

Awesome! ^^^

Share the news on Twitter and Facebook!
Manetor

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 01:40:49 AM

OK, now price is $ 0,2 , Volume: 9.22 BTC , BIDS high point 0.04 BTC and more ...

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BLOCK

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/blocknet

KarmaShark

Activity: 615
Merit: 554

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:25:50 AM

Nice piece Blocknet!
Sandeman

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 04:58:20 PM

Block node runner for decentralized exchange! 5000 Blocks = Node - will be perfect for sharing and working together with the market.
5k the network can run 780 nodes. Its a decentralized Exchange so the more nodes the better.
Manetor

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 11:45:49 PM

Total 10,066,711 BLOCK ? Or 4 000 000 Block ?

Address: BTngbpkVTh3nGGdFdufHcG5TN7hXYuX31z
Balance: 6,123,423.99794697 BLOCK
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/block/#!rich

Scam ?
ITO starts there will be sell walls of BlockNet tokens on Bittrex , Poloniex , Bter, coingateway.net …
The ITO will run for 7 days beginning October 29, 2014 at 5am PDT and ending on November 5th 23:59:59 PDT.
The price per BlockNet token will be 0.00025 BTC. Max. 2500 BTC. Real sales was only +- 4 000 000.
The minimum requirement for the success of the ITO is defined as 850 BTC. Eventually sold around at +- 970 btc ?
Max. 4 000 000 Blocks. Other tokens should be destroyed !?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 12:17:00 AM

Total 10,066,711 BLOCK ? Or 4 000 000 Block ?

Address: BTngbpkVTh3nGGdFdufHcG5TN7hXYuX31z
Balance: 6,123,423.99794697 BLOCK
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/block/#!rich

Scam ?
ITO starts there will be sell walls of BlockNet tokens on Bittrex , Poloniex , Bter, coingateway.net …
The ITO will run for 7 days beginning October 29, 2014 at 5am PDT and ending on November 5th 23:59:59 PDT.
The price per BlockNet token will be 0.00025 BTC. Max. 2500 BTC. Real sales was only +- 4 000 000.
The minimum requirement for the success of the ITO is defined as 850 BTC. Eventually sold around at +- 970 btc ?
Max. 4 000 000 Blocks. Other tokens should be destroyed !?

You're looking at the burn address.

It's unspendable. The block explorer just lacks a way of checking for unspendable addresses.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Manetor

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:55:55 AM

OK, circulating supply: 3,910,516 BLOCK
I’ve been waiting, and now blocknet run, I’m not letting go!

dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:44:42 PM

I heard that you guys are now doing atomic decentralized exchange? Is this true? If so please add Bitbay and Blackcoin since they do support checklocktimeverify. I'm the dev of Bitbay and also of BitHalo/BlackHalo so if you have any questions shoot me a pm. Or if I'm mistaken in something please let me know.
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:29:29 PM

Things are looking up! https://coinidol.com/blocknet-launching-inter-blockchain-exchange/    Grin
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 02:16:46 PM

I heard that you guys are now doing atomic decentralized exchange? Is this true? If so please add Bitbay and Blackcoin since they do support checklocktimeverify. I'm the dev of Bitbay and also of BitHalo/BlackHalo so if you have any questions shoot me a pm. Or if I'm mistaken in something please let me know.

Hey @dzimbeck. Yes, we provide atomic exchange, and, more generally, inter-chain interoperability.

Thanks for getting in touch. Awesome. Let's do this.

Shall we talk with Dan in Slack? We can discuss details of the integration, timeframes, and a launch event.

Cheers

Arlyn

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:22:33 PM

Hey @dzimbeck. Yes, we provide atomic exchange, and, more generally, inter-chain interoperability.

Thanks for getting in touch. Awesome. Let's do this.

Shall we talk with Dan in Slack? We can discuss details of the integration, timeframes, and a launch event.

Cheers

Arlyn
Sounds good I will hop on slack later today then
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: