Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:52:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 06:49:43 PM

Public identity is not "proof" against wrongdoing, it's an incentive to not engage in wrongdoing.

I do not believe that it's been presented as proof anywhere.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:59:16 PM

Public identity is not "proof" against wrongdoing, it's an incentive to not engage in wrongdoing.

I do not believe that it's been presented as proof anywhere.

I'm going to try to put this in a way you don't have to delete it.

I was just pointing out that one of the other guys associated with something I'm aware of.  You would have thought he would have had that incentive as well when in reality he actually used his public face to perpetuate his apparent scam.  So in this case it strikes me as laughable that that's used as evidence.

Incentive /= evidence, and neither is Arlyn stating such.

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 07:03:26 PM

Ok, that's all for now folks.

Enough talk about FUD.

Appearing to defend against it only validates whatever you respond to, and propagates more FUD.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mig5000

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:41:03 PM

BlockNet is going to be free and open source to enable ANY coin to implement it.

Banning it is a NON-sense so to speak

I agree tho that they might be excluded from having their say in how the funds should be administrated.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 07:49:47 PM

Do not respond to or discuss unverifiable FUD claims here.

Doing so only perpetrates more FUD, even (and especially) if you defend against it.

Unverifiable = ignore.

Moving on...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
whetherman

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

Do not respond to or discuss unverifiable FUD claims here.

Doing so only perpetrates more FUD, even (and especially) if you defend against it.

Unverifiable = ignore.

Moving on...

You are beginning to sound like the white House press secretary during the deepening days of Watergate.
Cyberlight

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:01:01 PM

I think they should refund all funds, shit already hit the fan, everybody knows what happens when ICO ends at Bittrex.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 08:04:16 PM

Last time I checked there was no good reason to believe Prometheus's words.

Let's do this in future. Next time someone wants to discuss something related to this FUD:

- Create a thread and unequivocally show the truth of something.

- Invite us to review it.

- Once there is consensus on that thread (involving me), then the claim in question can move from being FUD from being a claim worthy of addressing.

For now, read my statement at the end of the XC thread and take to heart what responding to baseless claims does. Don't get sucked in by FUD! It makes you perpetrate it.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Longenecker

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:07:37 PM

Last time I checked there was no good reason to believe Prometheus's words.

Let's do this in future. Next time someone wants to discuss something related to this FUD:

- Create a thread and unequivocally show the truth of something.

- Invite us to review it.

- Once there is consensus on that thread (involving me), then the claim in question can move from being FUD from being a claim of addressing.

For now, read my statement at the end of the XC thread and take to heart what responding to baseless claims does.

The point is NOT whether or not Prometheus words are credible.  The point is he said it and ADMITTED to saying it.  Let's even assume that his words are not credible, which means he is LYING about his relationship with Dan, thus slandering Dan's name and projects.  

Why does XC & BlockNET think that this is acceptable behavior from a coin in the BlockNET?  The fact is that Prometheus' words, true or not, have completely hindered the credibility of Dan and BlockNET, yet you have taken no action to distance yourselves from Prometheus or UtilityCoin (which at the moment, offer no positive benefit to BlockNET).

I don't understand why you delete posts like this that ask hard questions?  This is fundamental information that must be made public knowledge if you expect anyone to invest in BlockNET after today's FUD shitstorm.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 08:16:18 PM

Longenecker, please do as I suggest and create a thread that establishes unequivocally that:

- Utility is involved with Prometheus in an unethical way

- Prometheus is a scammer/bad person

I want to know. I'm as interested in the truth as anyone else.

But I am not interested in entertaining any old unverifiable trash thrown up on the internet.

Please do this and report back on this thread. I am offering you my full willingness to participate.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Longenecker

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:26:36 PM

Here, it all took place in this thread, where the skype screen shots were first leaked: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841223.0

Prometheus' admission that the skype conversation took place immediately after it was posted on BCT last night:

All that over nothing but a conversation between 2 teams about working together on the project that has now become the blocknet.. we're still going to work our ass off on it, it's a shame SDC isn't here with us.

Or.. i legitimately wanted SDC as part of the blocknet.. I paid dan for some work (he has to eat and feed his family too you know) and these guys are fudding.. because it's crypto.. you can take your tin hats off, invest a few bucks into blocknet because it's a real project with real devs and real money backing it.

Prometheus' admission that he is a pumper (same thread):

I love that i'm at least a "notorious" pumper. As if thats anything to complain about. Everyone loves a good pump. Pumps are why were all here anyway.

Prometheus' admission that "Dan took the code (HAL) to the next level" (same thread):

The code for the HAL anon was done and complete, Dan took it to the next level with a few suggestions. He reviewed not just the anon code, but the code of the coin in it's entirety.

And lastly, Prometheus' claim that he paid Dan for some tech, as well as a code review (contrary to Dan's claims that he did not receive any payment from Prom for anything):

yea and he works for xc, fibre, nhz, librex, Util, Xcash, Apex and more! He's a collaborative dev and a freelancer. I did indeed pay Dan for some tech, as well as payed him for a code review... A code review SDC wanted as well. You try to shine this as if i'm some kind of villain. I don't deny that Dan has done some work on projects i've been a part of. I still don't see how any of this makes blocknet an elaborate scam.. It's a legitimate project and we will succeed.

as I stated before I answered all these questions, no i did not develop hal, no i did not develop for uitl, blocknet was my idea/formulation alone thus no p&d groups involved in it setup, the coins were chosen based specific tech they bring to the table, and other coins requested access,  no prom was not involved in coin selection, all the information about the code reviews was public at the time they happened, no prom has never funded me in any way, the code reviews are not outsource as I've been programming for 35 years

Dan Metcalf

So which is it?  I am hearing two different stories here.  To continue working with Prometheus and his scam coins in light of EVERYTHING he has said (including the Skype screenshots) will bury BlockNET, XC, and Dan.  

Either call out Prometheus now, and remove him and his coin/s from BlockNET, or let it all die.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 08:36:26 PM

You appear to have conflicting claims between Dan and Prometheus.

GO AND ASCERTAIN THE TRUTH ON A DIFFERENT THREAD.

Stop posting this stuff here until it is ready to see the light of day. How am I supposed to act on conflicting claims?

On my side I will make enquiries and participate on your newly created thread.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:09:46 PM

At least the mod gave us ample warning that a shit storm was brewing and it has happened.  I'd say the best way to proceed is by continuing as if nothing happened because there is nothing definite out there.  I would still like to know the total amount of BTC worth sold of BlockNET.  I would like to invest more but want to see where we stand first.
whetherman

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:13:00 PM

You will soon have ample opportunity at attractive prices, this seems clear.
Bytas

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:19:21 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 09:46:58 PM by Bytas

How about you guys stop wasting time on back and forth discussion with random people all over the altcoin board and instead set up a strategy to deal with this situation on a broader and more structural way?  Wink

A good way to deal with this is to create an official press release on the issue, provide a full and undeniable explanation that is independently verifiable, and push it to the official website of blocknet, all coins involved AND as much big newsnetworks as you can get interested in running the story. See this as an opportunity to once and for all set the record straight and gain press time while you are at it.

I've said this once and i'm gonna say this again: In a decentralized environment, you prove your honesty and integrity by providing everyone with the tools and proof to make up their own mind and decide for themselves. Discussing the issue on a 1 to 1 basis with everyone who has any doubt is an terribly inefficient way to do things, and stating that you will not give the so called 'FUD' (which is a bogus term if you ask me) any credibility by refusing to interact with it is about the worst possible reaction to the problem I can think off.

Think about it this way: what you are trying here is to reassure people who are uncertain about the project and are expressing their doubts about the future of blocknet. You are also trying to convince the people that might be interested to invest but are afraid to do so in light of recent events.
How do you best convince the broad public to set aside those negative feelings? Not by answering the rage thread of every single user with a 50% explanation, also not by refusing to comment. You take the high ground, request the digital equivalent of a megaphone and hold a complete and explanatory speech to the masses. On the internet this means making a complete press release and spreading it trough every channel possible (coincourant, cointelegraph, coindesk, twitter, youtube,...).

Lets go back to the metaphor of a square filled with huge mob.
Right now you are standing in a corner, arguing with one or two disgruntled people who are legitimately concerned about your credibility. Around this small scene are about ten other people who are watching and are making up their minds about this ridiculous scene without getting involved themselves. The more you try to explain yourself to those two disgruntled people, the more those bystanders are thinking this is a ridiculous scene, and the more they are beginning to distance themselves from the situation, telling others who have never heard about it how idiotic it is. While you are addressing those two hotheads, slowly the entire square starts to hear wispers and rumours about "that one dude in the corner that allegedly did something bad". And weather you like it or not, gossip doesn't give a rats ass about truth, it just wants to be sensational.

Now you can do two things: either stay in that corner, arguing with those hotheads until one of them loses their temper and gives you a hit in the face, or you can break free from that unproductive situation, run over to the highest point of the square, grab a megaphone and start broadcasting the facts about the situation as loud as you can. Presenting irrefutable evidence that proves your point, as well as talking about what the steps forward are, how you are gonna make your stuff even more awesome and what you will do to avoid confusion in the future.  

This is what happens in that scenario. The two readheads will keep shouting and screaming, but frankly you don't have to give a fuck because the 10 people that stood behind them are now paying attention and listening to you, making up their minds about the situation from the presented facts. The further the story develops, the more people on the square will start to flock to this interesting new thing that is happening. People that may never have heard about this might start to pay attention, and frankly you don't care anymore about the two angry dudes that have now ran off, because you have an audience that cares enough to listen.

At the end of the day: you lost 2 guys, gave 10 others enough information to make a decision and introduced everyone else on the square to your project. Mass psychology.

Get out there, stop arguing and prove everything you are saying in here in one press release that doesn't require a reader to have any prior knowledge of the situation to come to a verdict.

And frankly: If you are afraid to do this, if you think it has a chance to backfire, if you think it "doesn't currently fit in our media strategy" or something likewise: you are heading in the wrong direction with your project and the two guys that cornered you on the square were 100% right to corner you and start complaining.

Some facts:
- If you can't inspire trust, your decentralized project is going nowhere.
- Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt are legit feelings an investor can express. FUD is a bogus term that is used by people unable to adress concerns
- Decentralized due diligence, active open accounting, Regular newsupdates and transparency are the only way forward in the crypto world
- The only thing the few people that have doubts in your project can do is NOT USE IT. The only thing 7 billion other people on the planet can decide to do is to USE IT, but only after they KNOW IT EXIST.
- Don't fail to understand that you are not trying to convince everyone to use your project, you are trying to find the people that WANT to use it. Watch this video to understand what i mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw28y81s7Wo

Oh and just on a completely honest personal note: I believe in the project, i also had the intention to invest a bit in it, but i waited to do so because an investor always wants to have as much info as possible before investing, so it's wise to buy as late as possible.
At the moment my advice to oneself is to NOT invest, and this is completely legit for me to decide that, just as it is completely legit for everyone else to decide that.
It's up to you guys to convince me to rethink and join in anyway, and if you can't do that, it's up to you guys to completely and utterly ignore me, forget that i even exist and find the people on the internet that ARE willing to invest and join the adventure/cause. If you guys manage to get this situation on track again i'll happily put my money where my mouth is and join in as well.

At the moment you guys are doing a rather poor job on some of the key components of making this happen:
1. Reaching out to a broader audience: nope, no website, no media strategy, no marketing.
2. Setting the record straight with irrefutable facts: they might be in here somewhere, but i don't plan on reading 100+ pages
3. Ignoring the hotheads and talking to the community: please i don't even know who gains from those discussions.

/ Devils advocate.

Brutaly honnest again because it needs to happen. Brutaly honnest again not because i want to see this project fail but because i want to see it succeed. Brutally honnest again because that is what works in a decentralized community and because top down control and obscurity is exactly what we don't need right now.

Kind regards
Hoping to invest soon
Bytas
whetherman

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:22:33 PM

Hat's off. Great post.
ndrog

Activity: 211

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 09:30:56 PM

Great post, I would buy regardless. Not an amount you will lose your sleep over, in the case nothing ever happens at the end. I believe it will succeed.

cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:44:36 PM

Wow great post bytas you should be hired as a Project manager by this team to help synechist and the others

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Bytas

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 09:53:14 PM

Oh and i forgot to add one thing: saying "great post, you are totally right, something needs to happen." in this thread isn't going to solve anything, it's the actions that you take outside this confined space that will. Wink

Kind regards
Andreas
Longenecker

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 10:01:12 PM

Why was my question deleted?  I fail to see how it is FUD?   This is the most crucial question that I feel needs to be answered by XC in light of conflicting statements that have been said by Dan and Prometheus.

Please do not delete this, I am asking sincerely.  If you read my post history I have been supporting XC through thus FUD.  But the points that I raised I strongly feel cannot go unanswered.

So I will ask it again:

Why, in light of everything prometheus has said, and admitted to saying, is XC / blocknet unwilling to give up its relationship with prometheus and his coin (utilitycoin)? 

It makes absolutely no logical sense and does not help your case at all.
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: