Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:46:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103248 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:19:28 PM

Is there actually any real code that can be viewed for this or is it all private?

There will be the code of the Xbridge so basically of block-net will be open sourced and a preview will arrive soon

I've actually tried to answer my own question. So far I've been looking over this: https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet

What the above appears to be is just a regular old litecoin/bitcoin fork. "Tokens" are just another name for "coins". There is no code in the above repository that is unique or in any way shape or form able to do anything with "Xbridge". It seems to be only a new coin with nothing else. I don't see how it justifies 2500 btc in it's current form.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:27:07 PM

Spoetnik will FUD everything that has no POW

I am a miner as well as a trader and POW is just as FUBAR as POS. People can rent massive hashing power, or own it, and they do, and it isn't any more fair that ITOs or people buying POS coins. This isn't about mining BTC with laptops anymore and no distribution system is totally fair. POW and POS both have real advantages and disadvantages. I don't really make much with mining anymore, more of a hobby compared to just trading, but I like having POW options and POS options. /shrug -- ITOs are ok as long as we have solid trust systems in place, not just reputations, solid escrows we can all believe in.

cryptico

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:28:49 PM

Is there actually any real code that can be viewed for this or is it all private?

There will be the code of the Xbridge so basically of block-net will be open sourced and a preview will arrive soon

I've actually tried to answer my own question. So far I've been looking over this: https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet

What the above appears to be is just a regular old litecoin/bitcoin fork. "Tokens" are just another name for "coins". There is no code in the above repository that is unique or in any way shape or form able to do anything with "Xbridge". It seems to be only a new coin with nothing else. I don't see how it justifies 2500 btc in it's current form.

This is just the Code for the current wallet used just to keep tokens/coins till the end of the ITO

No code was release of the blocknet. this code can be cloned even by flutter coin for what I care

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:31:56 PM

That's because it's a temporary wallet to keep your coins in until the blocknet launches. Then they will be redeemed for the proper tokens. Or would you rather leave them in an exchange for a few months until the launch? Or let the dev look after them? No, you get a wallet to look after your own investment.  As has been explained, the Xbridge code is on the way. It would probably be here already if not for the fud.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:32:12 PM

Hoertest your posts are always refreshing. I'm glad you are in this community.

thanks  Wink
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:34:45 PM

That's because it's a temporary wallet to keep your coins in until the blocknet launches. Then they will be redeemed for the proper tokens. Or would you rather leave them in an exchange for a few months until the launch? Or let the dev look after them? No, you get a wallet to look after your own investment.  As has been explained, the Xbridge code is on the way. It would probably be here already if not for the fud.

Is there a timeframe for the xbridge code to be released?
cryptico

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

Hoertest your posts are always refreshing. I'm glad you are in this community.

thanks  Wink

np buddy Smiley

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:36:47 PM

Nothing definite, possibly this week according to Synechist.
cryptico

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:37:00 PM

That's because it's a temporary wallet to keep your coins in until the blocknet launches. Then they will be redeemed for the proper tokens. Or would you rather leave them in an exchange for a few months until the launch? Or let the dev look after them? No, you get a wallet to look after your own investment.  As has been explained, the Xbridge code is on the way. It would probably be here already if not for the fud.

A preview soon. they did not say when exactly but maybe before the end of the week. but now with all this fudstorm they have to deal with I don't know. The sooner they release it the better.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
CryptoGuu

Activity: 321

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:37:36 PM

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:43:31 PM

If they sell for example for 1000 BTC what happens to the rest 1500BTC/Block?

It will be destroyed.

That means normally that the worth from one block will rise automatical I guess  Smiley and when the network is in action I get higher fees ?
Is this right?

Correct  Smiley

no thats not correct, ppls will dump blocknet till they have delivered something usable in Q2 2015. I offer bets that blocknet will loose on value after the ito. Up to 5btc, pm me.

I would say the same if i would like to buy cheaper, it can go up aswell if devs come up with updates. Blocknet is very popular right now because of it's concept and some haters talk. If the devs just mind their own goals and work on this concept i can see it explode.
cryptico

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:43:59 PM

Even if this happen that does not change the fee algo of what their post was about will it?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:48:13 PM

So he funded them cause he believes in it. how does this affect blocknet? people need to understand one thing. a corrupt coin doesn't make or break the blocknet. if util is shady and a scam nobody will use them on or of the blocknet. the bridge doesn't give them any advantage if they don't deliver high quality tech and if they do with a pumper as investor but it works fine i'm more than willing to try it through xbridge. the foundation is still likely to drop projects of its seat if they happen to not deliver but it doesn'T affect blocknets usability or advantage for participating coins one bit. if Blocknet will be come what i envision it to be seeing coins fail on the blocknet will be just as commen as of the blocknet. the foundation seat will be an indicator of the legitimacy of a project but this can only be determined through the delivery of promised developments. i don't observe util so i don't know if they are behind in this regard.

Util could serve an interesting role in this process so let me make a proposition:

since prom and Dan make contradicting comments its really an unhealthy scenario for them to sit on the foundation together (depending on proms role, say in util, still not shure here)

Util could be the first of many coins that isn't part of the foundation first but still enables the xbridge to give their user the advantages of blocknet. by delivering the technology and doing well they could gain their seat on blocknet.

So the foundation seat is a vehicle of verification but the acces tool Xbridge will really become open source. and if million shitcoins implement it it doesn't hurt the good coins one bit since they are still not part of the foundation. the only way they could capitalise from blocknet would be delivering unique tech and by so they are no shitclones anymore. the good coins on blocknet would benefit from even bigger trafic for their good technology.

That's a solid perspective.

I don't really see the integrity, functionality, or development of the BlockNET being thrown into question here.

I do see the reputation of several involved parties being thrown into question and until all of that gets sorted out the community and the market's sentiment towards BlockNET is not going to be all that favorable, meaning the value of our BLOCK is being thrown into question.

But, I suppose if we believe in the project and are willing to hold long-term and/or accumulate more if the price drops, it doesn't really matter as long as the BlockNET comes to fruition as planned.

thank you.
the reputation of single a entity reflects on blocknet only now since it is still in its child shoes and people percieve it more as a "crypto avengers club" than what it actually is. its a decentralised gateway that makes cross use of features of coins possible for a fee.
the more it grows in number of coins attached the better and a "bad coin" doesn't affect my holdings one bit. everything you see on the internet you will eventually see on the blocknet. it just enhances the possibilities of my own holding to generate income if its a quality coin. and by so it will drive the buy pressure of said good coins also. a scam coin can't capitalise on the selection process happening on blocknet. its rather the opposite.

thats why i am for the process of picking foundation members through the foundation but making the xbridge available to everyone.

i'm just not afraid of scamcoins beeing on blocknet. thats one of the main advantages of blocknet. it focuses the selection process of where to put my money towards income generating feature sets rather than an anticipated use you can't define. its a constant real life market study that will be easy to follow by looking at the top "cross use" performers. i'm sure this will be possible in some way.
Specialkey

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:48:42 PM

If they sell for example for 1000 BTC what happens to the rest 1500BTC/Block?

It will be destroyed.

That means normally that the worth from one block will rise automatical I guess  Smiley and when the network is in action I get higher fees ?
Is this right?

Correct  Smiley

no thats not correct, ppls will dump blocknet till they have delivered something usable in Q2 2015. I offer bets that blocknet will loose on value after the ito. Up to 5btc, pm me.

I would say the same if i would like to buy cheaper, it can go up aswell if devs come up with updates. Blocknet is very popular right now because of it's concept and some haters talk. If the devs just mind their own goals and work on this concept i can see it explode.

I wait until tomorrow cause I have the feeling BTC is about 250 Euro. Then I buy a few more Block.

Can anybody explain is the delevopment in all other partiziapting coins involved?
What do you thinc about Sonic? The price seems pretty good and the partizipating coins will rise too I guess.

CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:53:09 PM

I think that all this FAILED FUD campaign against the block-net ITO and the XC team is really showing off for what it really is with the appearence of compleatly idiotic threads like this one.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=842860.msg9403449#msg9403449

We are dealing with real kids playing the gangster game that switched from mommy weekly pay to the fudsters groups 0.50 BTC pay per week.

Anyway this have brought lot of new eyes into both projects. This can be used wisely as free advertising if we deliver the tech in the right moment and we nail down the official announcement and press release about all this situation.

The FUD can be used to our advantage as it is mostly coming from the shadows and competitors. People that are offering less and don't want this to succeed. They are hiding their identities for a reason. Yet, they have worked hard to get lots of attention on the project, and that can actually be a positive if managed right.

What is important is the technology itself as a long term investment, potentially, and really, whomever has the skills can code it. The branding is very good, and the general marketing outside of Bitcointalk is also very good. What matters from here I think is having people with real identities on the Blocknet foundation, people that have solid backgrounds that overall people will trust. Along with the solid coders already behind it. Then escrows in place, so even then, you don't have to trust those personal reputations alone. All the FUD could then be a positive compared to other some options backed by just anonymous people. It could be a great thing for bloggers to write about, trust, reputation, technology, and obviously, drama! I think we should go for the win here rather than worry about the price the second the ITO ends. Why not?

Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:55:15 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 08:20:19 PM by Propulsion

The wallet doesn't compile.This is for QT.

Code:
make: *** [build/statisticspage.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from src/bitcoinrpc.h:16:0,
                 from src/init.cpp:7:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h: In function ‘String_type json_spirit::non_printable_to_string(unsigned int)’:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h:31:50: warning: typedef ‘Char_type’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef typename String_type::value_type Char_type;

For the regular daemon, it's even worse. Too many files that aren't even present. Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to actually compile this?

Code:
skein.c: At global scope:
skein.c:1253:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/skein.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
bmw.c: At global scope:
bmw.c:964:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/bmw.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
blake.c: At global scope:
blake.c:1119:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/blake.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/skein.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
groestl.c: At global scope:
groestl.c:3122:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/groestl.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/bmw.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/blake.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/groestl.o] Error 1
smackii

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:13:08 PM

I'm ready to buy in, when ITO price is almost half of the current price. Good luck to this project Roll Eyes
cryptico

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:33:56 PM

Prop don't know I do not use linux I used the Windows version and worked fine.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 08:37:58 PM

I'm ready to buy in, when ITO price is almost half of the current price. Good luck to this project Roll Eyes

This is better than nothing, there is too much ITO/ICO out there that developers make it a living and such works are disgrace to the crypto world and satoshi nakamoto.

Money before technology first, where it must be working tech first before money comes in.

Good work btw.

You're a liar or hypocrite. Pick one.
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:59:36 PM

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: