Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

It wasn't public knowledge though. At all. It was only known by a select few in some inner circle of altcoin manipulation.

He did a code review for Halcyon under the pretense that he was an unbiased third party. You don't see the problem with that?

Yes it was public knowledge :

https://twitter.com/ATC_SECURE/status/510137631284678656

"September 1, 2014

KEY Operating System RC1 - Download at http://downloads.xc-official.com/atcsecure/KEYOS_PROJECT/

Hey guys, it comes with great excitement and a sense of accomplishment that we release the platform on which we will host many of our future services.

In collaboration with Dan Metcalf (ATC_Secure), the core developer of XCurrency, we have created the only non-TAILS operating system environment (based on lubuntu 14.04) that supports full Tor routing. This means all network traffic - not just browser traffic - is routed through the Tor network, ensuring that none of your applications reveal your online identity."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:15:05 PM

The truth is that Mr Boh has an axe to grind, because he didn't want to merge SDC with XC as discussed with its lead developer.

https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d

2nd - This conspiracy has blown way out of control, I never was behind cloak, in fact I called it a scam from day#! [http://pastebin.com/TvJkKiCJ]

3rd - I was never the dev of any other coin than XC and blocknet, - I was never the hal dev, I did NOT WRITE ANY of its code

4th - I barely have enough time to manage my full-time business and XC and my family - how could I Have possibly had the time to do any thing else?

5th - Any involvement with PROM was stated publicly when it happened, check twitter and the forum for the record - and thats it

6th - Blocknet funds are going to be escrowed - there IS NO SCAM INVOLVED NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN ANY TYPE OF SCAM EVER!!

It is sickening that a few people with false pretense have taken something that was already public knowledge and twisted it.

I've spent over 1000 hours on XC, in order to bring some real value to this marketplace and bridge the gap into the business world with this technology, and the fact that a few paid troll's can cause this much havoc is complete insanity

Get your FACTS straight before making an assumption by a paid troll

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:15:09 PM

Why did everyone(especially you) vehemently deny that the chat logs were genuine?

1) I denied the validity of the entire smear campaign.
2) More specifically, I denied the validity of numerous pastebins and whatnot due to their being modified.
3) I denied the truthfulness of 00Smurf's screenshots because of
   (a) their having been cut in such a way as to present Prometheus in a negative light
   (b) their having been presented in the context of a smear campaign that guaranteed they would be misinterpreted.

3b is the subtlest point yet. Texts have two layers: the physical marks on a screen and the meaning they convey. In 00Smurf's case, the physical marks were probably only altered by cutting out sections. However the interpretive layer - the meaning - of the text was heavily and deceitfully modified by the smear campaign that it is a part of.

Let me get this straight: you admit that the screenshots were not altered except being croped, but they must be fake because what is written there (the meaning) is unbelievable? Is that what your answer sums to? How much nonsense should we swallow before these responses become laughable?
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:18:00 PM

Really text proof? Did you just not go on a long winded explanation of how all that can be faked yet you claim it as proof.

ah no but this is some clear proof here

about why this all started, and yeah I have the skype screenshots to back it up too!

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:20:35 PM

Reading is the key to success

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

It wasn't public knowledge though. At all. It was only known by a select few in some inner circle of altcoin manipulation.

He did a code review for Halcyon under the pretense that he was an unbiased third party. You don't see the problem with that?

I was an unbiased 3rd party, I didn't write HAL, didn't write cloak [called it a scam] http://pastebin.com/TvJkKiCJ, I'm not some mastermind behind all of these coins as alluded to by several people, instead I'm XC's developer and this all started with SDC [https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d] - Mr Boh is just an upset SDC investor with an axe to grind and now has created this giant conspriancy theory that I am some evil mastermind behind this cartel of coins... nothing could be further from the truth

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:21:03 PM

Why did everyone(especially you) vehemently deny that the chat logs were genuine?

2) More specifically, I denied the validity of numerous pastebins and whatnot due to their being modified.
   (a) their having been cut in such a way as to present Prometheus in a negative light
   (b) their having been presented in the context of a smear campaign that guaranteed they would be misinterpreted.

3b is the subtlest point yet. Texts have two layers: the physical marks on a screen and the meaning they convey. In 00Smurf's case, the physical marks were probably only altered by cutting out sections. However the interpretive layer - the meaning - of the text was heavily and deceitfully modified by the smear campaign that it is a part of.

Let me get this straight: you admit that the screenshots were not altered except being croped, but they must be fake because what is written there (the meaning) is unbelievable? Is that what your answer sums to? How much nonsense should we swallow before these responses become laughable?

No, you've not grasped the point I made.

Go and read it again.

If the ontology of texts is not a familiar field to you, you might need to think quite hard here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:24:38 PM

So they exposed the truth about Dan.

Nope. The truth about Dan's code reviews and collaborations was made public at every point on the XC thread. There was nothing to expose.

What they did is make it look like it was a dirty secret, when it wasn't.

How does the fact that this information leak was premeditated take away from the fact that it's all now confirmed to be genuine?

What's happened is that Prometheus has been subject to smear campaigns in the past that make him out to be a P&D scammer.
Linking Dan to Prometheus therefore appears to wreck Dan's reputation.
But the truth is that Prometheus is no paragon of virtue, but he is not a pump-and-dump scammer either.
And Dan's link to coins Prometheus funds has not been a secret at any point.

So what's all the fuss about? Hearsay about Prom; true records of conversations that have nonetheless been cut to put Prom in as negative a light as they can; another coin doing its best to destroy the competition.

We have nothing to hide. Bring it all out. There is nothing to fear from the truth.

How was Dan being involved in Halcyon public information? Why would someone involved with the coin do a supposedly unbiased code review?

It was made public in the XC thread. There was even a press release about it.

Aero, Key and Halcyon are three of the most infamous pump and dumps. Prometheus' MO is already well known.

- Is it? How so? Though a smear campaign?
- There are many, many pumpers in crypto. I'm personally aware that several groups were pumping Hal, and that they were not in communication.
- Just because something that Prometheus funds is dumped, it does not imply that Prometheus dumped it.

None of this being related to him is an issue really. But the fact that Dan is involved with this scene goes directly against the image of unbiased and "one of crypto's best" that XC has been trying to portray him as.

Well, this is the whole point that I'm contesting. Dan does work with Prometheus. But that does not imply that he's involved in a pump and dump operation. The truth is that he is not involved in a pump and dump operation.

In the XC thread before it was closed not one person was saying "yeah, we all knew Dan was involved in Halcyon!". It was quite the opposite actually. If fact you deleted posts saying that.

- I don't moderate the XC thread.
- See the above press release about Dan being involved in Hal.
- See the above posts about the two interpretive layers. Claims about Dan's involvement in Hal turn into FUD if uttered in an interpretive context that implies that such an association is illicit.

Doing a code review under the pretense of being an unbiased third party was made public.

Dan being having a major level of involvement in the development of Halcyon was never made public. From him developing their anon tech, to it being "Dan's coin", it's not clear exactly what level of involvement Dan had in it other than the fact that it was clearly a major part.

Whether it was you or Teka who deleted the post(s?) about Dan's involvement in HAL doesn't really matter. I think at that time you were in control of Teka's account at the time as Teka was busy and couldn't moderate that thread. But whether it was you or him who deleted the post is irrelevant really. You tried to cover up the HAL connection from the start.

Obviously unbiased code review is not equal to Dan being involved in HAL. Not at all. In fact it specifically implies that he as NO involvement in the project.

Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:26:35 PM

Nice reply Dan, don't let them get to you.. It is disgusting what some of these morons are saying.. What is most amusing is face to face I would suggest none of them would have the bottle to even remotely question you, but where they can hide behind a keyboard they think its fair game....

Really really sad some people reduce themselves to this sort of behaviour.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:28:33 PM

So they exposed the truth about Dan.

Nope. The truth about Dan's code reviews and collaborations was made public at every point on the XC thread. There was nothing to expose.

What they did is make it look like it was a dirty secret, when it wasn't.

How does the fact that this information leak was premeditated take away from the fact that it's all now confirmed to be genuine?

What's happened is that Prometheus has been subject to smear campaigns in the past that make him out to be a P&D scammer.
Linking Dan to Prometheus therefore appears to wreck Dan's reputation.
But the truth is that Prometheus is no paragon of virtue, but he is not a pump-and-dump scammer either.
And Dan's link to coins Prometheus funds has not been a secret at any point.

So what's all the fuss about? Hearsay about Prom; true records of conversations that have nonetheless been cut to put Prom in as negative a light as they can; another coin doing its best to destroy the competition.

We have nothing to hide. Bring it all out. There is nothing to fear from the truth.

How was Dan being involved in Halcyon public information? Why would someone involved with the coin do a supposedly unbiased code review?

It was made public in the XC thread. There was even a press release about it.

Aero, Key and Halcyon are three of the most infamous pump and dumps. Prometheus' MO is already well known.

- Is it? How so? Though a smear campaign?
- There are many, many pumpers in crypto. I'm personally aware that several groups were pumping Hal, and that they were not in communication.
- Just because something that Prometheus funds is dumped, it does not imply that Prometheus dumped it.

None of this being related to him is an issue really. But the fact that Dan is involved with this scene goes directly against the image of unbiased and "one of crypto's best" that XC has been trying to portray him as.

Well, this is the whole point that I'm contesting. Dan does work with Prometheus. But that does not imply that he's involved in a pump and dump operation. The truth is that he is not involved in a pump and dump operation.

In the XC thread before it was closed not one person was saying "yeah, we all knew Dan was involved in Halcyon!". It was quite the opposite actually. If fact you deleted posts saying that.

- I don't moderate the XC thread.
- See the above press release about Dan being involved in Hal.
- See the above posts about the two interpretive layers. Claims about Dan's involvement in Hal turn into FUD if uttered in an interpretive context that implies that such an association is illicit.

Doing a code review under the pretense of being an unbiased third party was made public.

Dan being having a major level of involvement in the development of Halcyon was never made public. From him developing their anon tech, to it being "Dan's coin", it's not clear exactly what level of involvement Dan had in it other than the fact that it was clearly a major part.

Whether it was you or Teka who deleted the post(s?) about Dan's involvement in HAL doesn't really matter. I think at that time you were in control of Teka's account at the time as Teka was busy and couldn't moderate that thread. But whether it was you or him who deleted the post is irrelevant really. You tried to cover up the HAL connection from the start.

Obviously unbiased code review is not equal to Dan being involved in HAL. Not at all. In fact it specifically implies that he as NO involvement in the project.

This is an untrue statement I was not a developer for hal, did I make recommendations based on what I found on the review YES, but outside of that, there was no involvement in the project..

atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:29:35 PM

Nice reply Dan, don't let them get to you.. It is disgusting what some of these morons are saying.. What is most amusing is face to face I would suggest none of them would have the bottle to even remotely question you, but where they can hide behind a keyboard they think its fair game....

Really really sad some people reduce themselves to this sort of behaviour.

I agree as well, all of my info is public and I'm not hiding behide anything.. bunch of cowards!

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:29:53 PM

Yes it was public knowledge :

https://twitter.com/ATC_SECURE/status/510137631284678656

"September 1, 2014

KEY Operating System RC1 - Download at http://downloads.xc-official.com/atcsecure/KEYOS_PROJECT/

Hey guys, it comes with great excitement and a sense of accomplishment that we release the platform on which we will host many of our future services.

In collaboration with Dan Metcalf (ATC_Secure), the core developer of XCurrency, we have created the only non-TAILS operating system environment (based on lubuntu 14.04) that supports full Tor routing. This means all network traffic - not just browser traffic - is routed through the Tor network, ensuring that none of your applications reveal your online identity."

That's not Halcyon.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:30:03 PM

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Dan you have only yourself to blame for destroying your reputation, sorry.

You were well known and at some point respected... why use a seudonym? By definition, you know what that means: posting stuff that Dan Metcalf wouldn't. No two-ways about it.

Not to mention the fact that having already one handle instead of your well known name makes quite difficult to believe you dont have others, whether true or not.

The accusations are very specific. There's no avoiding it and it doesnt matter if they can be proven or not. There's no burden of proof in crypto. Anf for what I have read, it's game, set and match for you.

How can you even pretend any credibility after reviewing your own code in HAL? Not to mention the actions that followed thrre...

Bye bye Dan Metcalf. Think of another handle because as Dan Metcalf and "actsecure", you are done.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:32:08 PM

Reading is the key to success

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

I was an unbiased 3rd party, I didn't write HAL, didn't write cloak [called it a scam] http://pastebin.com/TvJkKiCJ, I'm not some mastermind behind all of these coins as alluded to by several people, instead I'm XC's developer and this all started with SDC [https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d] - Mr Boh is just an upset SDC investor with an axe to grind and now has created this giant conspriancy theory that I am some evil mastermind behind this cartel of coins... nothing could be further from the truth

mr boh aka pookie, longshort and rollroyce killing it own coin. sdc is the next cloak, if one of them decided to leave we all will see bloodbath. a few of these people own almost 100% sdc.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Dan you have only yourself to blame for destroying your reputation, sorry.

You were well known and at some point respected... why use a seudonym? By definition, you know what that means: posting stuff that Dan Metcalf wouldn't. No two-ways about it.

Not to mention the fact that having already one handle instead of your well known name makes quite difficult to believr you dont have others, whether true or not.

The accusations are very specific. There's no avoiding it and it doesnt matter if they can be proven or not. Yhere's no burden of proof in crypto. Anf for ehst I have read, it's game, set and match for you.

How can you even pretend any credibiliyy after reviewing your own code in HAL? Not to mention the actions that followed thrre...

Bye bye Dan Metcalf. Think of another handle because as Dan Metcalf and "actsecure", you are done.

What actions exactly? I am not the hal dev, I"ve stated that numerous times. I'm also not the cloak dev, i'm not the aero dev, I'm not involved in any type of coin-cartel..

atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:34:54 PM

The truth is that Mr Boh has an axe to grind, because he didn't want to merge SDC with XC as discussed with its lead developer.

2nd - This conspiracy has blown way out of control, I never was behind cloak, in fact I called it a scam from day#! [http://pastebin.com/TvJkKiCJ]

3rd - I was never the dev of any other coin than XC and blocknet, - I was never the hal dev, I did NOT WRITE ANY of its code

4th - I barely have enough time to manage my full-time business and XC and my family - how could I Have possibly had the time to do any thing else?

5th - Any involvement with PROM was stated publicly when it happened, check twitter and the forum for the record - and thats it

6th - Blocknet funds are going to be escrowed - there IS NO SCAM INVOLVED NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN ANY TYPE OF SCAM EVER!!

It is sickening that a few people with false pretense have taken something that was already public knowledge and twisted it.

I've spent over 1000 hours on XC, in order to bring some real value to this marketplace and bridge the gap into the business world with this technology, and the fact that a few paid troll's can cause this much havoc is complete insanity

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

+1

I think everybody needs to go back and read my statement again

So who's paying who for this FUD campaign..  https://www.dropbox.com/s/s6zbpubnmxw2j4x/dumb%20%282%29.tiff?dl=0

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:35:17 PM

No, you've not grasped the point I made.

Go and read it again.

If the ontology of texts is not a familiar field to you, you might need to think quite hard here.

I'll help you out with a simple example.

Let's say I create a newbie account and post in this thread.

My post simply reads "Scam!"

Now let's suppose I was actually talking about XYZcoin, but for whatever reason, I didn't mention that.

In this circumstance, the omission makes my post look like I'm talking about the Blocknet.

This is a case of the second layer - the interpretive layer - changing a text.
The same physical sentence becomes, in one context, a remark about XYZcoin, and in another context, the Blocknet.

Now apply this to 00Smurf's screenshots. The same thing is happening: releasing in the context of a smear campaign, their meaning changes.
They were leaked in this context in order to support the smear campaign.
Therefore they are deceitful and present manifest falsehoods.

Do you get me now? Do you understand why I called them "internet trash"? Because they are.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

That's not Halcyon.

Read and read , you are still missing the lines like - https://twitter.com/ATC_SECURE/status/510137631284678656

more and more to catch up

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:37:45 PM

Really text proof? Did you just not go on a long winded explanation of how all that can be faked yet you claim it as proof.

about why this all started, and yeah I have the skype screenshots to back it up too!

I'm very disappointed with what I am reading there. At what point were you planning to tell that to all the XC investors? Just spring it on us with an announcement?  Undecided
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:37:58 PM

If we assume being "the dev" means being someone who writes most of the code -

1) Are you "the dev" of XC?

2) Did any of the people who have contributed to XC codebase write any of HAL's code?
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:39:05 PM

I'm very disappointed with what I am reading there. At what point were you planning to tell that to all the XC investors? Just spring it on us with an announcement?  Undecided

Absolute not, it would have been done by a consensus vote of XC holders and only then if it was "approved" would it have happened

Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: