Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:43:27 PM

Reading is the key to success

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

It wasn't public knowledge though. At all. It was only known by a select few in some inner circle of altcoin manipulation.

He did a code review for Halcyon under the pretense that he was an unbiased third party. You don't see the problem with that?

I was an unbiased 3rd party, I didn't write HAL, didn't write cloak [called it a scam] http://pastebin.com/TvJkKiCJ, I'm not some mastermind behind all of these coins as alluded to by several people, instead I'm XC's developer and this all started with SDC [https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d] - Mr Boh is just an upset SDC investor with an axe to grind and now has created this giant conspriancy theory that I am some evil mastermind behind this cartel of coins... nothing could be further from the truth

Now that everything is out in the open it's up to people to make their own judgments of whether your associations are ethical.

I don't think anyone thinks you're the mastermind behind some cartel of coins. I think Prometheus might be, but not you.

People can debate semantics of whether you're involved in a "pump group" or whatever, it doesn't really matter. There is however a trail of destruction left in your path as evidenced by the charts of all these Prometheus coins that you've done reviews for. Responsibility doesn't fall on you alone, but as long as people know the reality of the situation there's really not much more to talk about. This altcoin community takes people who don't know any better and bleeds them dry. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. People have to learn to research what they're getting themselves in to. And there's only so much you can do, most people here clearly don't care. But at least the truth is out now.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neo666

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:47:42 PM

barabas aka Iconic Expert?
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:48:57 PM

that merge would have been dope, i think that rynomster guy is a great dev, i actually feel a little sorry for him with some guys in his corner. perhaps he seeks a new challange some time.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:49:09 PM

That's not Halcyon.

Read and read , you are still missing the lines like - https://twitter.com/ATC_SECURE/status/510137631284678656

more and more to catch up

Yes, you and Synechist keep pointing to the fact that he did a code review for HAL as an unbiased third party as some sort of evidence that it was "public knowledge" that he was involved with HAL. The links are obviously deeper than they were made out to be else they wouldn't have been covered up at the start.

We're never going to know just how involved Dan was in HAL, so we can leave it at that and let people make their own judgement on whether someone selling themselves as "the defacto standard of legitimacy" was acting ethically. 
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:49:55 PM

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Dan you have only yourself to blame for destroying your reputation, sorry.

You were well known and at some point respected... why use a seudonym? By definition, you know what that means: posting stuff that Dan Metcalf wouldn't. No two-ways about it.

Not to mention the fact that having already one handle instead of your well known name makes quite difficult to believr you dont have others, whether true or not.

The accusations are very specific. There's no avoiding it and it doesnt matter if they can be proven or not. Yhere's no burden of proof in crypto. Anf for ehst I have read, it's game, set and match for you.

How can you even pretend any credibiliyy after reviewing your own code in HAL? Not to mention the actions that followed thrre...

Bye bye Dan Metcalf. Think of another handle because as Dan Metcalf and "actsecure", you are done.

What actions exactly? I am not the hal dev, I"ve stated that numerous times. I'm also not the cloak dev, i'm not the aero dev, I'm not involved in any type of coin-cartel..

Dan, I would appreciate if you don't insult my intelligence, ok?

Pretending now that your association with an "honest promoter" is not BY DEFINITION, willingly and for pay associate with a DUMPER, is insulting me and anyone with an IQ above 50, alright?
Desperation makes us do very stupid things... I would advise to try fading out with at least some semblance of dignity, but it's your funeral.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:52:27 PM

Speaking of internet trash....barabbas is here with some vague accusations....yay.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:53:54 PM

Really text proof? Did you just not go on a long winded explanation of how all that can be faked yet you claim it as proof.

ah no but this is some clear proof here

https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d

about why this all started, and yeah I have the skype screenshots to back it up too!

I'm very disappointed with what I am reading there. At what point were you planning to tell that to all the XC investors? Just spring it on us with an announcement?  Undecided

What I see there is quite bit of concern for how the XC holders would take it e.g.
"[10/9/2014 1:02:32 PM] .: So, current XC owners retain their value"
 Why are you disappointed? It looks like an very proper discussion of the options -.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:55:02 PM

The truth is that Mr Boh has an axe to grind, because he didn't want to merge SDC with XC as discussed with its lead developer.

Great shame something couldn't have been worked out.

edit: also good to hear from you again Dan.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:56:22 PM

Really text proof? Did you just not go on a long winded explanation of how all that can be faked yet you claim it as proof.

about why this all started, and yeah I have the skype screenshots to back it up too!

I'm very disappointed with what I am reading there. At what point were you planning to tell that to all the XC investors? Just spring it on us with an announcement?  Undecided

Absolute not, it would have been done by a consensus vote of XC holders and only then if it was "approved" would it have happened

I'm glad to hear that because the conversation implied otherwise with announcements and press release mentioned.
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:58:00 PM

Reading is the key to success

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

It wasn't public knowledge though. At all. It was only known by a select few in some inner circle of altcoin manipulation.

He did a code review for Halcyon under the pretense that he was an unbiased third party. You don't see the problem with that?

I was an unbiased 3rd party, I didn't write HAL, didn't write cloak [called it a scam] http://pastebin.com/TvJkKiCJ, I'm not some mastermind behind all of these coins as alluded to by several people, instead I'm XC's developer and this all started with SDC [https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d] - Mr Boh is just an upset SDC investor with an axe to grind and now has created this giant conspriancy theory that I am some evil mastermind behind this cartel of coins... nothing could be further from the truth

Now that everything is out in the open it's up to people to make their own judgments of whether your associations are ethical.

I don't think anyone thinks you're the mastermind behind some cartel of coins. I think Prometheus might be, but not you.

People can debate semantics of whether you're involved in a "pump group" or whatever, it doesn't really matter. There is however a trail of destruction left in your path as evidenced by the charts of all these Prometheus coins that you've done reviews for. Responsibility doesn't fall on you alone, but as long as people know the reality of the situation there's really not much more to talk about. This altcoin community takes people who don't know any better and bleeds them dry. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. People have to learn to research what they're getting themselves in to. And there's only so much you can do, most people here clearly don't care. But at least the truth is out now.

It was always out in the open on my twitter feed and on the forum from day #1...  2nd, every alt-coin has pretty much the same exact chart, 3rd, I've done reviews on numerous coins that Prom was NOT involved in

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:58:43 PM

What I see there is quite bit of concern for how the XC holders would take it e.g.
"[10/9/2014 1:02:32 PM] .: So, current XC owners retain their value"
 Why are you disappointed? It looks like an very proper discussion of the options -.

Because the language used indicated there would be no feedback about the decision from the community. Rather announcements and a press release.

A decision involving changing the money supply should require community approval. It's a fundamental building block that all trust comes from.

Dan has clarified and his answer is more than satisfactory to me.
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:00:13 PM

Absolute not, it would have been done by a consensus vote of XC holders and only then if it was "approved" would it have happened

Wow, that would've been an interesting merge. Sounds like it would've been beneficial to both sides. What was the reason given by SDC for backing out? I know it was the influence of the whales but what was the "official" reason?
tljenson

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:01:06 PM

Wouldn't the altcoin community be better served if the dev of SDC, just shut down his coin, and removed it from the exchanges? That way there wouldn't be anything to FUD about?
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:04:11 PM

We're never going to know just how involved Dan was in HAL, so we can leave it at that and let people make their own judgement on whether someone selling themselves as "the defacto standard of legitimacy" was acting ethically.  

My point is, let people make their own judgement on Blocknet and about what it can bring to crypto in the future as potential is huge

I hope you understand it is all a try to stop it before it started...

When i see something wrong in BlockNet development i will let you know at once...for now we have nothing to complain about

Markoss

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:07:36 PM

This - https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d

I gotta say that I'm very impressed with that conversation.
Those greedy low life "pumpers" destroyed what was a very potent idea of merging strong tech into one big project and taking this to the next level.

Have a good day
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:08:52 PM

Wow, that would've been an interesting merge. Sounds like it would've been beneficial to both sides. What was the reason given by SDC for backing out? I know it was the influence of the whales but what was the "official" reason?

As far as I know the SDC devs actually believed the stuff that the SDC holders told them.

If this is the case I respect their decision not to merge, and to leave the Blocknet.

On the other hand, now that the truth is out I hope for two things:
- that the SDC devs will no longer communicate AT ALL with those scumbags

- that the SDC devs consider the options we've given then anew.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:13:01 PM

Now listing BLOCK on Cryptonator https://www.cryptonator.com/rates/BLOCK-BTC

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
ib88

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:18:13 PM

As far as I know the SDC devs actually believed the stuff that the SDC holders told them.

If this is the case I respect their decision not to merge, and to leave the Blocknet.

On the other hand, now that the truth is out I hope for two things:
- that the SDC devs will no longer communicate AT ALL with those scumbags

- that the SDC devs consider the options we've given then anew.

Hmm, after all those discussions I'd be very surprised if SDC dev just blindly believed the SDC whales without verifying everything. Obviously you know more about the ins-and-outs of the whole debacle but my guess is they threatened to dump their coins if they didn't get their way. A collaboration with XC would've limited their ability to manipulate the price of SDC to pump it.

These pump-and-dump groups are killing crypto. Combining the talents of both teams all pulling towards the same goal would've been exciting. Oh well. I still have every faith that Dan will bring XC to the top.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:20:18 PM

This - https://gist.github.com/atcsecure/cf6a478ef3169cefdc6d

I gotta say that I'm very impressed with that conversation.
Those greedy low life "pumpers" destroyed what was a very potent idea of merging strong tech into one big project and taking this to the next level.

Have a good day

this, the conversation was private but the commitment to monetising the node and all visions by Dan was articulated exactly the same like in public. also it was mentioned that communities would have had to agree. whatever , guess its off the table. shame
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:21:07 PM

Nice getting all those conversations out in the open for transparency, since it came to this point.

Don't be stupid enough to dump ur block to the pumpers wallet, we don't want it to become a new SDC

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: