Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:49:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ARCHcoin [ARCH] The ARCH Network - NEWS  (Read 221288 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (53 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 12:41:52 AM

Edgar,

A friend of mine who also holds archcoins has some questions I cannot answer.

Could you please answer them for me?

1. Why is there no more newsletters being sent out?
2. Why can't we produce on timelines?
3. How can you say selling before 25th of April will be worst decision anyone makes

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:13:16 AM

Why all the raging on ARCH on the price retrace?

6k to 3K to 12k to 70K to 50k to XXX?

People are unhappy about this?

Huh

BTCarchitect

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:48:39 AM

What's up with VIA? Do VIA and ARCH work together to create the ARCH network?

This article says VIA was made by the creators of ARCH (Peter Todd and Edgar Soares):
http://cointelegraph.com/news/113146/blocktrust-launches-crowdfunding-platform-for-blockchain-based-projects

We understand...reading is not easy for some
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 05:26:48 AM

I for one am buying the dip.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 05:35:49 AM

One of the safest moves in Alts.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:00:30 AM

don't be a fool. this is the riskiest investment today.

buddynuno

Activity: 644

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:14:44 AM

And why is that? If you going to say that, back it up wih a logical explanation, dont you think?

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:15:42 AM

No, buying on hype is riskiest, and I am sure there are riskier investments out there. Just buying with profits from other coins I bought on the dips anyway. Buying after people have dumped is safer for those with patience, if you can tell the good from the bad.

Penn.3D

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:23:03 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 12:15:51 PM by Penn.3D

And why is that? If you going to say that, back it up wih a logical explanation, dont you think?

He was being sarcastic. Obviously Arch is a safe investment....especially with today's news that 8 more Moby units have been sold. One unit sells for approximately $30,000, so take half the profit from one Moby and multiply it times 8 and that's the amount that will be used for a market buy on Bittrex.  That means there will be a market buy on Bittrex for tens of thousands of dollars.

There has never been a market buy like that on Bittrex.

Yes, Arch is what you call a safe investment!
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 12:37:11 PM

Edgar,

A friend of mine who also holds archcoins has some questions I cannot answer.

Could you please answer them for me?

1. Why is there no more newsletters being sent out?
2. Why can't we produce on timelines?
3. How can you say selling before 25th of April will be worst decision anyone makes

Thanks!

1. Although BlockTrust and iHash are Arch Ventures, there are managed independently and have their own timings I must respect. Newsletters involving 3rd parties need 3rd party approval
2. We do, its a matter of hours, some work on weekends, some don't. Coordinating 13 people is prone to delays, I'm just the eternal optimist
3. Because aside from the 5 Moby deal in the Algarve we have another 8 on paper for Oporto that got the go ahead today

This all involves a few companies and many actors that are not in any way related to crypto, i'm just a messenger trying to be upfront about everything we are doing. No excuses just optimism on timings

Thank you for answering, Edgar.

To the people who DM'd me,

I like you to download the PDF. Read it carefully and decide for yourselves.

I know some of you got burned badly with guaranteed $20 per coin buybacks, Kenyan massive adoption, 1 ton of fertilizer per coin, etc. etc. But those objectives are very unrealistic. If they were true, it needs massive undertaking in which it takes dedication and a lot of time. In the end, they all fizzled out. Archcoin is already an old coin that started October 2014 and it's still going strong.

ArchVentures is a startup that began as an idea during the second half of 2014. The coin's price suffered the lowest price during January this year. Well, it's because Edgar's company is working behind scenes and everything is new and just starting out. It is not easy to build prototypes of any kind. Did you think building the next iteration of the iPhone is easy? iPhone prototypes takes months to build, in spite of Apple's massive R & D. Once the prototype is working, it is then easy to mass produce, and then comes the sales.

However, the Moby project already has FIVE signed build contracts and EIGHT new contracts coming in. That's how real life partners/clients of ArchVentures are more confident than you, crypto investors. Also, ArchVentures is racing against the clock to including Moby to the Portugal2020 program which have a strict standard for funding/financing.

If you plan to buy archcoins when undeniable proof of sale is presented, you have to buy higher - it's safer, but less profits.

So, give Edgar some slack. You should actually count this as a blessing since Archcoin is rare among other coins which only promises mass adoption because of new tech.

The guy is a designer/architect by profession. He has business partners who are not associated with any crypto venture. His partners have done projects like Moby before. So, relax, dear CEOs.

Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:38:29 PM

I think most CEOs are relaxed. We're mostly CEOs because I suspect most of us got in at ICO, held as it went all the way down to 3k sat, probably took ROI and profits already, we're generally older than most in crypto and we have patience and the vision to see this is not a shit coin.

So, everyone else. Relax.  Grin
Rage19420

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 02:08:06 PM

IMO its healthy for a price retrace for new investors to buy in. Even tho I cashed out all my ARCH, im still looking to buy back in at a better price.

BTC price on the decline also helps for those getting the 8k min for community access.

When BTC hit $160 in Jan, ARCH was also at 3k-4k. Would have been the ideal time to buy a large bag to profit like a beeech a few months later.
Penn.3D

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:10:24 PM

Maybe now would be a good time to ask for some of that Moby money up front and use it to do a market buy :-/

That would stabilize the price, remove coins from the market, and most importantly it would show the crypto world that Arch is the real deal and not another URO.

Many of us bought in above 60k and it's frankly nauseating to see the floor continue to drop and drop...
Rage19420

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:17:32 PM

Maybe now would be a good time to ask for some of that Moby money up front and use it to do a market buy :-/

That would stabilize the price, remove coins from the market, and most importantly it would show the crypto world that Arch is the real deal and not another URO.

Many of us bought in above 60k and it's frankly nauseating to see the floor continue to drop and drop...

No one makes money off price stabilization. You didn't read the white paper did you?

There needs to be volatility.
Penn.3D

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:25:39 PM

Price stabilization was the wrong term to use. Obviously there will be volatility, and yes volatility is good for swing trading, but volatility is one thing, price imploding on itself it quite another.

WhalePanda

Activity: 163
Merit: 101

HODLing is an art, not just a word

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:29:12 PM

Price stabilization was the wrong term to use. Obviously there will be volatility, and yes volatility is good for swing trading, but volatility is one thing, price imploding on itself it quite another.

there is 50% up front but how would you buy all materials then? the marketbuys will happen when they happen, no need to rush it. And actually consider this: the lower the price when the marketbuys hit, the more coins will be off the market Smiley

Price isn't really imploding, there is only a small amount of coins on the open market but they are doing a shakeout to get big holders to dump to get more themselves
Rage19420

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:51:39 PM

there is 50% up front but how would you buy all materials then? the marketbuys will happen when they happen, no need to rush it. And actually consider this: the lower the price when the marketbuys hit, the more coins will be off the market Smiley

Price isn't really imploding, there is only a small amount of coins on the open market but they are doing a shakeout to get big holders to dump to get more themselves

Price imploding? ICO was at 6k, in Jan was at 3.5k, and people were saying the same doom and gloom. Turns out that for those that bought a fk-ton at that price profited like a beech. Buying near the ATH is just bad timing. You will need to choose to cut your loss or hold for price rebound.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 05:07:29 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2015, 06:21:41 AM by jc12345

Here are Raspberry Pi wallets for v1.2.0.0 - both the Qt and the headless daemon.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built and tested on a Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy. It might work on an older Pi but I have not tested it
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/ARCH or /home/pi/opt/ARCH
4) All that is needed is to execute the command below on your Pi in a terminal window and afterwards you need to click on the Arch icon on your X desktop or go to the directory with the wallets and run the daemon (archd) with the options you want at the command prompt or in a terminal window
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) I have made a bootstrap.dat to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 193158.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users have to unzip/tar the file and copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\archcoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card
9) The installation itself takes about 45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, and the bootstrap import a couple of hours more
10) You cannot just download the binaries, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the port you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers
12) Remember to confirm the checksums of your files to make sure that they downloaded ok. Execute the commands sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> at the command prompt or in a terminal window in the directory where the file is that you want to check.

Users will be familiar with the Qt version of the wallet as per the Windows version. Instructions to use the headless daemon:

1) Since you have an archcoin.conf file with the startup settings in it, go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/ARCH and enter ./archcoind in a terminal window to start the server to create the ~./archcoin folder. Exit the wallet.
2) Download and copy the bootstrap.dat into the ~./archcoin folder and run the wallet again
3) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./archcoind
4) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
5) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./archcoind encryptwallet <yourpassword>
6) To stake with your wallet run the command ./archcoind walletpassphrase <yourpassword> 99999999 true

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

To kickstart the installation execute the following command at the command prompt or in a terminal window:
Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/arch/downloads/arch_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x arch_installation_pi.sh && ./arch_installation_pi.sh && rm -f arch_installation_pi.sh

Direct links:
Link to installation script
Link to archcoin-qt
Link to archcoind
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 193158
Link to checksums.txt

If you like this, you are welcome to donate ARCH to AS382Nx8M7kreAj42Nt7kR11XUHBBpD9g6
Askuzai

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:41:31 PM

'Implosion' is quite histrionic -- I'd be more concerned if the market was perfectly smooth and unwavering. Panic at opportunity is not the way.
mikelitoris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:47:16 PM

are there any pictures of the moby hull available?

6561742061206469636b
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: