Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.0.1 Released - Official Upgrade Thread - Performance & More  (Read 84731 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hatch

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 09:27:32 AM

I noticed a couple of details here, you point out other projects in both of your posts and passively suggest you're moving onto another project.  That and the fact we've never had a version 1.2 and the instructions from moving from 1.0 to 2.0 were pretty clear with the majority of people upgrading seamlessly (even though I'll even say 1.0 -> 2.x wasn't the smoothest even).  You claim to have been running Neos since v1, yet I've never nor has anyone on the team received a request for support from you or have even see your name - yet all of this time (months now) has passed and you've brought this to attention here on a major announcement post of ours.  Doesn't really sound all that genuine and typical attempt to talk Neos down while pushing other cryptos.  Pretty low.

Best regards,

syntaks

First, I want to thank you Syntaks for going above and beyond (personal teamviewer support) in getting me up and running. I hope v2.02 addresses all the issues that might make such teamviewer sessions a necessity.

Second, I want to apologize for the misunderstanding, and for allowing my frustrations to get the better of me, essentially "cutting in line" on this "announcement post" instead of stumbling into that IRC chat room before coming here... My only excuse was that I had already checked every forum and other related suggestion that I could find to no avail, and tensions were high...

As far as the "details"

Again, apologies...

1) The other projects I mentioned were not mentioned in the context of advertisement, but of comparative example. One was specifically mentioned because of their innovation with keeping fair and decentralized CPU mining, but minimizing the botnet threat at the same time. Exactly the main reason you tell us that you have to dump the CPU and GPU community and move your mining to the fewer and more centralized, wealthier and more ROI oriented ASIC operators. The other was just an example of another good coin slowly being killed by botnets that wasn't even multi-algo to begin with...

2) I just wanted it to work. While I am obviously not much of a fan of the current, installation and upgrade implementation, I DO like the functionality and ideas inherent with this coin and have been holding since August 27th. That's why I am here to begin with. But as with all things, if something isn't working as it is supposed to costing time and money, not to mention frustration, human nature doesn't promote sticking around for long. In business and customer relations, second chances are a luxury.

3) If you run the qt wallet distributed with v2.01b in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Neos\do_not_use" folder, it is v1.2. That's where the v1.2 came from.  Cheesy

Anyways, all is sorted out now and I am once again a happy investor!

Thanks Again!

Hatch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 09:52:18 AM

I noticed a couple of details here, you point out other projects in both of your posts and passively suggest you're moving onto another project.  That and the fact we've never had a version 1.2 and the instructions from moving from 1.0 to 2.0 were pretty clear with the majority of people upgrading seamlessly (even though I'll even say 1.0 -> 2.x wasn't the smoothest even).  You claim to have been running Neos since v1, yet I've never nor has anyone on the team received a request for support from you or have even see your name - yet all of this time (months now) has passed and you've brought this to attention here on a major announcement post of ours.  Doesn't really sound all that genuine and typical attempt to talk Neos down while pushing other cryptos.  Pretty low.

Best regards,

syntaks

First, I want to thank you Syntaks for going above and beyond (personal teamviewer support) in getting me up and running. I hope v2.02 addresses all the issues that might make such teamviewer sessions a necessity.

Second, I want to apologize for the misunderstanding, and for allowing my frustrations to get the better of me, essentially "cutting in line" on this "announcement post" instead of stumbling into that IRC chat room before coming here... My only excuse was that I had already checked every forum and other related suggestion that I could find to no avail, and tensions were high...

As far as the "details"

Again, apologies...

1) The other projects I mentioned were not mentioned in the context of advertisement, but of comparative example. One was specifically mentioned because of their innovation with keeping fair and decentralized CPU mining, but minimizing the botnet threat at the same time. Exactly the main reason you tell us that you have to dump the CPU and GPU community and move your mining to the fewer and more centralized, wealthier and more ROI oriented ASIC operators. The other was just an example of another good coin slowly being killed by botnets that wasn't even multi-algo to begin with...

2) I just wanted it to work. While I am obviously not much of a fan of the current, installation and upgrade implementation, I DO like the functionality and ideas inherent with this coin and have been holding since August 27th. That's why I am here to begin with. But as with all things, if something isn't working as it is supposed to costing time and money, not to mention frustration, human nature doesn't promote sticking around for long. In business and customer relations, second chances are a luxury.

3) If you run the qt wallet distributed with v2.01b in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Neos\do_not_use" folder, it is v1.2. That's where the v1.2 came from.  Cheesy

Thanks Again!

Hatch

My pleasure man, I'm available for anyone anytime they need.  I'm sorry again for the hassles you ran into as that is a shared experience with a handful of other installations and we've found the root cause of that which has been addressed in 2.0.2.  If you or anyone else needs a hand or info, don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

syntaks

ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 11:21:33 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

As far as the "details"

Again, apologies...

Thanks Again!

Hatch
At least your man enough to apologize , I respect that Smiley I always bother syntaks to team view my computer for all kinds of random stuff! lol Glad you can sort it out Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
NarC

Activity: 189

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 01:40:44 PM

Any ideas on whats next on the neos feature list?

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2014, 03:01:07 PM

The roadmap needs some editing I'll pass that onto yak, but at the moment there are a few new key features (undisclosed) I'm back to working on for 2.0.2.  I'm *really* itching to set up a unique market though and that's pretty high priority on my list.

Best regards,

syntaks

Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 03:27:46 PM

The roadmap needs some editing I'll pass that onto yak, but at the moment there are a few new key features (undisclosed) I'm back to working on for 2.0.2.  I'm *really* itching to set up a unique market though and that's pretty high priority on my list.

Best regards,

syntaks

awesome. New changes are coming to Happy Christmas time

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
ereborltc

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:22:07 AM

Well last week neos went up 100% and has held that price since. This is the way a coin should rise, nice and slow and steady = healthy Smiley

Cant wait to see whats in store for v2.0.2!! And once thats done I know Syntaks has some great ideas that hell be working on, big ones! Smiley

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
NarC

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:09:54 AM

Well last week neos went up 100% and has held that price since. This is the way a coin should rise, nice and slow and steady = healthy Smiley

Cant wait to see whats in store for v2.0.2!! And once thats done I know Syntaks has some great ideas that hell be working on, big ones! Smiley
Just put up a btc of buys, since I doubt we'll be in the 3k's again after this month

ereborltc

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 06:27:23 AM

Just put up a btc of buys, since I doubt we'll be in the 3k's again after this month
Ya looks like this floor is pretty solid, no one wants to sell now Wink

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:44:24 AM

We just need to tell everyone about neoscoin. So we can grow Wink

the suporters atm are pretty solid though Wink , we make a nice wall for higher ground
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 12:21:15 PM

the suporters atm are pretty solid though Wink , we make a nice wall for higher ground

Yes
100 users are in the Neos irc chat constantly. This is not funny. Syntaks has the big army of fans. Twoturtles rulezz!!!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
NarC

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 02:45:08 PM

Yes
100 users are in the Neos irc chat constantly. This is not funny. Syntaks has the big army of fans. Twoturtles rulezz!!!

lol that made me laugh

PS:Anyone want to sell neos (10k +) off market? We can use a escrow. I will pay "last " price on bittrex

Zywiec

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 04:57:41 PM

Is it something in the air , why are you selling your NEOS stuff?
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:05:12 PM

Is it something in the air , why are you selling your NEOS stuff?

He wants to buy Wink

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
ereborltc

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 10:33:16 PM

Yes

+10000000

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:23:18 AM

It really is crowded in the IRC !

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
usrcoin

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 06:49:24 PM

Does myriad (or any multi-algo) coin have the same troubles that neos was having?

ALL CPU coins will run into this same issue if their value is good enough to attract the botnet criminals. You either have to live with their influence, come up with a way to slow or stop them like SPR, or drop CPU support altogether. XMR is a good example of another innovating coin (not even multi, just CPU) that was highly abused by botnets until its difficulty/market value drove a lot of its bots to greener pastures (ie: neos and other blake coins). It may or may not recover either...

+1

These remarks are about.
We never saw the miners ASIC to force prices up or maintain.
they are just selling ...
but more the machines are powerful. more algos should be at the top.
XMR maintains a very honorable btc value which is not the case with ASIC algos (after 6 months = few satos)
NarC

BitcoinStoreStarter.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 01:38:07 AM

soooooo, not much talk on development, any plans?

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 02:15:42 AM

You've been around long enough to know I don't discuss what's being worked much until it's out =)

hankrules

Activity: 673

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 02:19:46 AM

You've been around long enough to know I don't discuss what's being worked much until it's out =)

Twoturtles, you need some direction though.  You can't just do what pleases you.  You are living off of your laurals, how long will that last?  Trust me, I've been there.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: