Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:14:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitForce SC - full custom ASIC  (Read 52470 times)
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 02:54:12 AM

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody

So pretty much what we were guesstimating.. you gotta double down.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Definit

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:54:38 AM

when will pre-orders start if the asic products are available in October?

what will have more priority, Pre-orders, trade-ins... or In the order as they come (which in any case would result in the priorty of pre-orders until they do accept trade-in arrivals....)

would be good to know that way I can either save & pre-order, or buy singles now n trade in.

edit: might as well just wait now, no reason to buy singles for future trade-ins... lmfaoo@ the trade in requesting 50% tho...
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 02:59:12 AM

I understand how you are confused. This whole thing has not been explained in detail. If it were a straight trade of old equipment for new our business would fold in a week. Here's how it works: if you buy $599 worth of BFL product--say 4 Jalapenos, you are eligible to send in a Single to exchange for 4 more Jalapenos. You must buy something to be eligible to trade something of equal value. And you don't have to send in your old equipment when you pay for the new--you send it in when you are notified that your ASIC equipment is ready to ship. Does this make sense to you?

Jody

You guys were all correct. I only wish I could have seen the LOGIC in it all sooner...  Roll Eyes

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:00:01 AM

Jody

You guys were all correct. I only wish I could have seen the LOGIC in it all sooner...  Roll Eyes

Don't troll me, I agreed with you back then.  Go back to your stroketastic locked thread from earlier.. I even gave you kudos.

EIEIO:

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:01:18 AM

Jody

We had heard this earlier but wanted it confirmed - thks Sgt Spike.  So no 2 MR for 1 SC MR deals  Angry

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:01:57 AM

Don't troll me, I agreed with you back then.  Go back to your stroketastic locked thread from earlier.. I even gave you kudos.

Sorry, I thought your kudos was sarcasm...my bad.

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:02:19 AM

Ya gotta be in it to win it, brosef.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:04:34 AM

Tell that to current owners of 2 or more regular Mini-Rigs.....

JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:08:26 AM

This certainly has slowed my plan for MR #2  Cheesy

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:09:39 AM

My bet would be that the guys with the cash to put out for those things would look at the trade in deal as if they were getting 50% off their order of next gen gear. Which technically they will be.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:16:35 AM

My bet would be that the guys with the cash to put out for those things would look at the trade in deal as if they were getting 50% off their order of next gen gear. Which technically they will be.

Well, I looked at it like...just having come up with $30+k in order to buy 2 Mini-Rigs, only to be FORCED to spend an additional $30k in order to PROTECT your investment in UNDER 1 year, or become obsolete....

This isn't like the $6000 in 7970 video cards that I bought recently....we are talking a shit-ton more cash.

The last thing I want to see are the TRUSTED users get screwed and leave Bitcoin, only to leave the block chain open to attack from others.

I felt SAFE having gigavps owning/controlling a large amount of hashing power. I can not say the same for new people that we know nothing about.

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:28:51 AM

Well, I looked at it like...just having come up with $30+k in order to buy 2 Mini-Rigs, only to be FORCED to spend an additional $30k in order to PROTECT your investment in UNDER 1 year, or become obsolete....

This isn't like the $6000 in 7970 video cards that I bought recently....we are talking a shit-ton more cash.

The last thing I want to see are the TRUSTED users get screwed and leave Bitcoin, only to leave the block chain open to attack from others.

I felt SAFE having gigavps owning/controlling a large amount of hashing power. I can not say the same for new people that we know nothing about.

I see what you're saying. That is certainly a possibility that those with big numbers in the game already would just not want to shell out any more into a high risk venture like mining.  That scenario aside, I am confident that the combination of the rest of the GPU's leaving the grid, the small impact FPGA has had on the diff so far and the slow rate which the asics are likely to be released. That the earnings from current high end FPGAs will remain worthwhile until atleast this time next year.  Not considering at all, other factors like the price point after block reward having, etc, etc, etc..

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 03:43:56 AM

I just realized something after I typed that and left for the evening.

This trade in offer as we think we currently understand it will be even more influential on the bitcoin network.  Because now, we can pretty much garuntee that atleast everyone with singles will be getting 2x that dollar amount in hash power. So for every 850MH in the wild now, a trade in deal would add roughly 28GH worth of mining power to the net. $600 trade in + $600 new purchase as required would = $1200 worth of Jalepenos @ 3.5GH each and $149. Or 8x units x 3.5GH = 28GH, for the math impaired. ;p  And wouldn't anyone be dumb not to take advantage of the trade in deal?

Runs off to tally total number of (singles in wild now) * (28GH)

- GA

imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 03:50:18 AM

This trade in offer as we think we currently understand it will be even more influential on the bitcoin network.  Because now, we can pretty much garuntee that atleast everyone with singles will be getting 2x that dollar amount in hash power. So for every 850MH in the wild now, a trade in deal would add roughly 28GH worth of mining power to the net. $600 trade in + $600 new purchase as required would = $1200 worth of Jalepenos @ 3.5GH each and $149. Or 8x units x 3.5GH = 28GH, for the math impaired. ;p  And wouldn't anyone be dumb not to take advantage of the trade in deal?

If everyone upgrades at roughly the same rate, then everyone will continue to earn at exactly the same rate now, just with lower electricity costs.  You will be paying more to earn the same.

EIEIO:

dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:07:47 AM

So if the 50% trade-in requirement is true, you wouldn't even be able to trade in 1 old Single for 1 new SC single + $700, since the trade-in value would only be 46%.

I was hoping to trade in my 2 old Singles for 2 new SC singles (+ cash).  I have absolutely no interest in the coffee warmers.
dave3

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:10:37 AM

If everyone upgrades at roughly the same rate, then everyone will continue to earn at exactly the same rate now, just with lower electricity costs.  You will be paying more to earn the same.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to make much more with the ASICs.  It's just the new standard if you want to keep mining.

One difference would be that the GPU and FPGA miners would be marginalized to the point of becoming insignificant, if they even continue to mine at all.  So you'd only really be competing with anybody else that bought the ASICs.  That might help a little, at least in the beginning.
nedbert9

Activity: 252

Inactive

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 04:15:34 AM

My estimation is that the above would result in a doubling of the current network capacity.
dave3

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 11:29:35 AM

So if the 50% trade-in requirement is true, you wouldn't even be able to trade in 1 old Single for 1 new SC single + $700, since the trade-in value would only be 46%.

I was hoping to trade in my 2 old Singles for 2 new SC singles (+ cash).  I have absolutely no interest in the coffee warmers.

Actually nevermind, I've got it backwards.  Since you'd pay more cash to do the trade-in on the Single, I don't imagine it would be a problem.
JWU42
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:04:21 PM

Actually nevermind, I've got it backwards.  Since you'd pay more cash to do the trade-in on the Single, I don't imagine it would be a problem.

Yep!

abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 01:11:18 PM

I think BFL should just go all in with harnessing the heat and make the SC Single a George Foreman grill  Smiley

Maybe even offer an optional package with cedar planks for the SC Mini Rig to construct your own sauna.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: