Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:18:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] BLOCKNET: The Metcalf/Prom Alt-Coin Cartel Scam Exposed  (Read 100086 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:33:10 PM

I highly doubt that any of these people are the same person. That doesn't make sense and it's just distracting people from getting the answers to the questions that actually matter like whether or not Dan Metcalf is the developer for HAL and UTIL.
Man, this doesn't matter at all. pr0m3theus2013 is in BlockNet and he is insider info guru who knows how to fuck others. I want to get out of this public rape.
snake.in.the.blanket

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:34:43 PM

I think they already reached 850BTC all on exchanges that listed it so anyone that bought it somewhere other than polo is double ass fucked

dont worry about that, 80% of the vol is them buying their own shit ipo manipulating the volume, and free coins to dump for the future Smiley
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:36:51 PM

I think they already reached 850BTC all on exchanges that listed it so anyone that bought it somewhere other than polo is double ass fucked

500 of that BTC value is in altcoins though, was the agreement to raise 850 actual BTC or just total value?
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:47:51 PM

SCAMS  Roll Eyes

Every fking day I walk out of my door Im scammed by everyone and everything.
My Government, their banker bosses, my local council, teh police, Tesco supermarkets,
TV, Radio, BBC, CNN, NBC FOX etc etc THEY ARE ALL SCAMMING ME AND YOU EVERY fKING DAY!

yes Crypto has scam artists and I will deal with that because the potential to make money is
high. The difference between these scammers and the official ones in daily life is I can actually benefit
from the Crypto guys scams - as can you. If I lose out thats my problem. I simply read the info and make a judgement call
as should everyone else. Dont forget everything around you every day is a scam - so whats new.

And I also agree that whales actually are needed just as they are needed
in fiat world. Without them 90% of these coins would vanish.

im not saying I believe Blocknet is a scam or not. My hunch is its not and I do actually believe the technology
that can create an automated exchange is something we all need. Scammers? Look at exchanges if you want
to see large scale scamming. So an automated no human involvement exchange would be brilliant. Blocknet
tech can do this. Whether it would  ever see the light of day remains to be seen

And finally
I have loyalty only to Bitcoin. The rest are gambling..

You don't see the irony in being loyal to bitcoin yet thinking cryptos is all about the potential for making fiat profit being high?

Whats the point of finding a replacement to the evil bankers system if we ourselves become the greedy money changers?

You misunderstand.
I try to increase BTC whilst also promoting the BTC platform outside the crypto arena.
Whilst there are other currencies to trade with and increase
my BTC holdings I will participate. If I don't my ability to trade and increase BTC
awareness would be limited.

My personal prime directive is the widespread adoption of BTC. As for the rest of the Alt currencies
they are there to be abused, used, ditched, pumped and dumped. I care for only 3 or 4 of the
of them because their Tech is very good.
UNO_owner

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 03:56:32 PM

I highly doubt that any of these people are the same person. That doesn't make sense and it's just distracting people from getting the answers to the questions that actually matter like whether or not Dan Metcalf is the developer for HAL and UTIL.

Totally agree.  I think it is very unlikely Dan and Prom are the same person and there is far more to explore without wasting time in this area.

loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:21:31 PM

Everyone is calling out prom, yet Nope is being pushed as the twitter coin of the day. It is a complete joke.
Crypto.
NoMoreLies (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:23:08 PM

OP updated.

UPDATE:

XC's PR man synechist was quick to issue a statement regarding the leak . Unfortunately, in his haste he may have revealed more than he intended to:

"However such logs are not provably truthful, and in this case are false."

He doesn't say that the content of the conversation was inaccurate. He says the logs themselves are false. This begs the question, how could Synechist make the assertion that the logs were falsified if he was not part of the conversations? Was this was the only way for synechist to denounce the accusations without directly attacking (his co-conspirator?) Prometheus? If the logs are to be believed it would appear Prometheus has thrown a lot of jobs Mr Metcalf's way.

Synechist has revealed that he is paid for his work for XC, and with that being so it is perhaps unsurprising that he will go to any lengths and say almost anything to defend the project (after all, his livelihood depends on it.) He earns his money well.

Unfortunately for him, soon after claiming the logs to be false 00Smurf was good enough to post screenshots of the Skype conversations. The reaction from the XC camp is now to brush the matter aside as if synechist's word in itself should be enough to bring it to a close. It is an insult to the people who have bought BlockNet tokens that they should dismiss with such contempt the legitimate questions that have arisen.

XC has presented itself as the last bastion of ethicality in the cryptocurrency world. A project of high-minded ideals with the BlockNet the instantiation of some great collaborative spirit. The IRC logs paint these deals in an entirely different light. If Prometheus's claims are true they reveal the rank hypocrisy of the sanctimonious tone with which the XC and BlockNet projects have been sold to us.

The choice of coins that have been included in the BlockNet, and the questionable cast of characters behind them, suggest the project is anything but the great work of selfless crypto-unification it has been presented as. I will continue to update this if and when new evidence is presented.
vgolitsyn

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:26:47 PM

Yeah your right no SEC exists in this world.... And most coins are P&D's but this one is out in the open....

IPO needs to set up a buy wall so people can sell the shit Blocknet..

I don't care who Dan is never did...For all we know its Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist..

PhattyBanks

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:34:29 PM

ROFL!!!!!! they just tapped out and closed the moderated XC thread
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:39:37 PM

Man, this doesn't matter at all. pr0m3theus2013 is in BlockNet and he is insider info guru who knows how to fuck others. I want to get out of this public rape.

I think it matters quite a lot. What if only "Ryan Kennedy" was outed and not "Alex Green"? That would leave Green to continue doing the same scheme. I would rather out all involved and try and crush it completely. Could they start a new acct and alias and start all over? Sure they could, but at least we could eliminate more of the aliases/scammers that a currently operating. I am just revealing what I find and trying to connect the dots.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
EdvinZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:40:42 PM

bitches devs & fucked whales - go out from crypto  Cool

coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:46:29 PM

I love scandals... EDIT: that I haven't invested money in
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:48:09 PM

So i asked these questions in the xc thread and my post got deleted and the thread is now locked..not shady at all  Roll Eyes

So dan is just being 100% evasive now. He is not answering questions in a cohesive and straight manner he is also not helping his investors by joking around.. This is alarming and highly evasive.

Dan openly answer some of the questions here please:

1: Did you develop hal in any way shape or form (answer clearly and explain what if at all you worked on for hal!)

2: Do you develop for util (again a straight forward answer yes or no and with an explanation of what you worked/work on if you did)

3: Can you list all of the people who formulated the blocknet with you and is prom bob fonats or any other known pump group in any way involved in the setup? (if so then detail specifically how and to what extent)

4: Please tell everyone here how you came to decide on these coins and did prom have anything to do with this?

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no is suffice it just answers)

6: Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with)

7: Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one?

8: has prom ever funded you in any way shape or form (elaborate please telling us what you did for prom if you did anything at all)

I've answered all of these questions already, go back and research the information for yourself

No did have not. You have been evasive please just answer them in a cohesive manner. By not doing so again is extremely evasive!
Believe it or not i want to put and end to this and you are just enabling it to carry on which makes it suspicious.
ProfX

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:53:02 PM

So i asked these questions in the xc thread and my post got deleted and the thread is now locked..not shady at all  Roll Eyes

So dan is just being 100% evasive now. He is not answering questions in a cohesive and straight manner he is also not helping his investors by joking around.. This is alarming and highly evasive.

1: Did you develop hal in any way shape or form (answer clearly and explain what if at all you worked on for hal!)

2: Do you develop for util (again a straight forward answer yes or no and with an explanation of what you worked/work on if you did)

3: Can you list all of the people who formulated the blocknet with you and is prom bob fonats or any other known pump group in any way involved in the setup? (if so then detail specifically how and to what extent)

4: Please tell everyone here how you came to decide on these coins and did prom have anything to do with this?

5: Have you worked with prom or bob or fontas any other known pump group to date (yes or no is suffice it just answers)

6: Have you done any code reviews on coins prom has be involved with (we know most of the blocknet coins prom is involved with)

7: Have you done code reviews for prom directly or him as a contact that lead you to do one?

8: has prom ever funded you in any way shape or form (elaborate please telling us what you did for prom if you did anything at all)

I've answered all of these questions already, go back and research the information for yourself

No did have not. You have been evasive please just answer them in a cohesive manner. By not doing so again is extremely evasive!
Believe it or not i want to put and end to this and you are just enabling it to carry on which makes it suspicious.

its called reading through the past 10-20 pages dude, unless you feel like you deserve a direct response from Dan, in which case you dont because you're not even an investor.
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:56:10 PM

its called reading through the past 10-20 pages dude, unless you feel like you deserve a direct response from Dan, in which case you dont because you're not even an investor.

His answers are all evasive i just want them in a cohesive manner, not hard if he really wanted to put an end to it i don't think in any way i'm asking to much. all the thread locking and post deleting aside his behaviors lately is questionable.
ProfX

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:01:24 PM

His answers are all evasive i just want them in a cohesive manner, not hard if he really wanted to put an end to it i don't think in any way i'm asking to much. all the thread locking and post deleting aside his behaviors lately is questionable.

so then join the discussion
http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/227-regarding-all-the-fud/

if you go there with an intent to troll, you'll get banned instantly. I think the entire team has had enough with the 5-6 different FUD topics that they have to deal with here.
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:06:26 PM

They might as well abandon the XC project. I mean, why bother wasting more energy on an exposed coin? Perhaps they should re-launch using a different name? What about Zcurrency, with lead dev Ben Batcalf?
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 05:06:53 PM

The guy attends shows and puts on a legit farce and has a business.  Wonder if any of this will bleed over to his rl.

I find it useful to keep reminding myself that the map is not the territory and the bitcointalk/github account is not the person.

Co-incidentally, I encountered some interesting relevant info, thought I'd write it up and share it with the discussants here ...

BlockNet is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of BitSwift. By “straightforwardly-rebranded”, I mean that, apart from some minimal changes to parameters, the rest of the changes are to the strings carrying the coin's name. This string replacement is often crude, fuzzily focused and inadequately constrained.

Fuzzy focus in BlockNet revealing BitSwift origin https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/COPYING#L1
Copyright (c) 2014 BitSwift Developers
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 NovaCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Bitcoin Developers

The current construction of BlockNet's heritage trail as AGS, DRM, HACK is incomplete and should read BITSWIFT, AGS, DRM, HACK

As a cloneparent, BitSwift itself is a straightforwardly-rebranded git clone of AegisCoin, as revealed by the dog's breakfast that the AegisCoin dev has made of the original carsenk <spit> clone with s/DRM/AGS/g and which, like a treasured family heirloom, has been faithfully preserved all the way down to the BlockNet code:

Example of inadequate constraint inherited from inept ancestor dev https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/blob/master/src/addrman.cpp#L9
int CAddrInfo::GetTriedBucket(const std::vector<unsigned char> &nKey) const
{
    CDataStream ss1(SER_GETHASH, 0);
    std::vector<unsigned char> vchKey = GetKey();
    ss1 << nKey << vchKey;
    uint64_t hash1 = Hash(ss1.begin(), ss1.end()).Get64();

CDataStream ss2(SER_GETHASH, 0);
    std::vector<unsigned char> vchGroupKey = GetGroup();
    ss2 << nKey << vchGroupKey << (hash1 % ADAGSAN_TRIED_BUCKETS_PER_GROUP);
    uint64_t hash2 = Hash(ss2.begin(), ss2.end()).Get64();
    return hash2 % ADAGSAN_TRIED_BUCKET_COUNT;
}

AegisCoin itself is a clone of DreamCoin, a Carsen Keck <spit> device. The original carsenk <spit> github repo is long gone but I made a fork at the time and the code testifies that the Korean hackcoin dev (who, to give him his due, had successfully created a “best-of” coin which is still prized today) was justified in accusing Carsen Keck <spit> of crass ineptitude:

https://github.com/gjhiggins/dreamcoin/blob/master/COPYING

Copyright (c) 2014 hackcoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2013-2014 NovaCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 PPCoin Developers
Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Bitcoin Developers

BlockNet, presented for ICO in Nov 2014, is basically a degraded copy of 6 month-old hackcoin and the identifiable descendants that populate the family tree have all turned out to be black sheep. Using this foul heritage as a foundational codebase for an ambitious project is an inexplicably odd choice for a reputedly savvy dev.

It may be that the choice of initial commit is irrelevant - some devs adopt the tactic of simply obliterating the original commit with a later monolithic commit or even ignoring the open source code entirely and pursuing a V2.0-binary-only release policy, spuriously argued as aimed at protecting IP.

Cheers

Graham
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:08:10 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 07:17:36 PM by leewilson

Feel free to dyor and contribute. But one thing I can tell you is Dan Metcalf was not reviewing code. He was outsourcing it all in my opinion. Even Metcalf's earlier posts on bct, he indicates he is a "hardware guy".
Are there any members with ties to Russia and India present? You could help with this. I believe you could get farther than myself with the the programmers shown in the screenshots below:

http://xc-official.com/the-xc-team/

CHRISTIAN HOWE
DEVELOPER

Bitcointalk:     cjfromthesea
Core XC developer from day one.
Responsible for creating Rev 1 - the Xnode foundational architecture - with Dan
Previously worked at Nodejitsu‏
Fluent in C, C++, Lisp, Haskell, Javascript, Bash

https://www.elance.com/s/cjfromthesea/

Christian Howe
Master Wizard Programmer, S-Class Hire Me »
   United States  |   Yorktown, VA
Resume/C.V.

I'm a self-taught programmer with some real-world work experience. I have worked for 1 year at Nodejitsu writing Javascript and Node.js code. I am a very versatile programmer familiar with many languages, although my preference is C. I can learn anything given enough time.

Job History

Private Job
May 26, 2014|Other IT & Programming|$0|Completed
C++ Programmer
May 24, 2014|Other IT & Programming|$0|Completed

https://www.elance.com/s/cjfromthesea/job-history/?t=1
View client info  (2 other reviews completed)
May 26, 2014

https://www.elance.com/e/public/YDxwjBQbtLy2P6mo3hEWf4X37R5VYk3Ie.j59R7.NZM-/

http://postimg.org/image/8lg814gk7/

http://postimg.org/image/a0al8fz7f/

The "client" shares the same city with Dan Metcalf and the creation date of his acct on elancer mirrors the time he posted again on bct after being gone for months.

https://www.elance.com/s/aktiv_systems/10183 - Russian
https://www.elance.com/s/ktsinfotech/10183 - Indian

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
LongAndShort
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 05:08:53 PM

so then join the discussion
http://xctalk.com/index.php?/topic/227-regarding-all-the-fud/

if you go there with an intent to troll, you'll get banned instantly. I think the entire team has had enough with the 5-6 different FUD topics that they have to deal with here.

Yeah cool, he seems to be putting something together now which i hope will be specific answers. Cant wait to see this handled properly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: